Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched phone and lost whattsap msgs for last 8 months

Options
  • 16-06-2020 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Last iPhone died on Friday ( possible issue with microprocessor )
    I stuck the sim into my mother’s iPhone to check the whattsap msgs and all the ones I missed Popped up yesterday
    New iPhone arrived today and after putting in the sim all the msgs since mid October last year disappeared.

Any suggestions how to restore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,672 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Is the last iPhone dead dead, could you put the sim back in to it for a period to run the backup to the cloud and then restore on new phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Is the last iPhone dead dead, could you put the sim back in to it for a period to run the backup to the cloud and then restore on new phone?

It’s done. Won’t start!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Mr.S wrote: »
    If you don't have a WhatsApp backup (either full iPhone via iTunes or iCloud backup) you can't restore anything.

What's probably happened is that auto-backup has failed on you (it's quite buggy on iOS WhatsApp) and the last usable one is from 8 months ago.

Any chance there's a backup on iTunes if you connected to your laptop or pc?

What you say makes sense. But I’m baffled how all the latest messages came up when I put my sim into mothers phone yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Are you sure that WhatsApp didn't carry out a backup on your mother's phone?? Obviously this would have only copied the recent messages and wiped out earlier ones.

Advertisement