Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

India vs China border clashes

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Two nuclear powers with a history of regional rivalries and a disputed border clashing, that is 2020 With the 3 US.carrier groups in the Western Pacific, as the Chinese say Interesting Times

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yanks only go up against goat herders, no way have they the balls to go up against a nuclear superpower with an army the size if China.

I seem to recall you weren't fighting goat herder's in Iraq ,
    The same same goat herder's of Afghanistan done more damage to Russia than they did America ,but when you go into a a country without a actual plan with a start ,middle and conclusion what's to be expected .

These low level skirmishes suit China ,no real loss and no real gain so nobody can say they were humiliated ,I reckon China actually has the ability to do some serious damage to India ,
    The only thing is Chinese forces last faught in the Korean war and limited involvement in Vietnam ,it would interesting to see if there military is actually up for a fight or do they prefer shooting and running over students with tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Yanks only go up against goat herders, no way have they the balls to go up against a nuclear superpower with an army the size if China.

They were happy to go toe to toe with the Russians in Syria, wiping out a Syrian airbase after reported use of chemical weapons, then of course they wiped out hundreds of Spetsnaz in the desert - sorry; armed to the teeth vacationing tourist private contractors officially resigned from the military, but still getting pay cheques from Moscow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i blame the americans

cnocbui wrote: »
    They were happy to go toe to toe with the Russians in Syria, wiping out a Syrian airbase after reported use of chemical weapons, then of course they wiped out hundreds of Spetsnaz in the desert - sorry; armed to the teeth vacationing tourist private contractors officially resigned from the military, but still getting pay cheques from Moscow.

No they weren't. If Russia weren't there the Yanks would have full on invaded and overthrown al-Assad.

Same story in Venezuela. Russia are allies with Maduro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

One of these are a great bunch of lads.

It'll be grand.

Chill

:cool:

Gatling wrote: »
    I seem to recall you weren't fighting goat herder's in Iraq ,
    The same same goat herder's of Afghanistan done more damage to Russia than they did America ,but when you go into a a country without a actual plan with a start ,middle and conclusion what's to be expected .

These low level skirmishes suit China ,no real loss and no real gain so nobody can say they were humiliated ,I reckon China actually has the ability to do some serious damage to India ,
    The only thing is Chinese forces last faught in the Korean war and limited involvement in Vietnam ,it would interesting to see if there military is actually up for a fight or do they prefer shooting and running over students with tanks

India has seven Gurkha regiments.

i blame the americans

i blame the lebanese

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Which one does the best take away ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

i blame the lebanese

Good, good

Nobody ever suspects the Dutch

• Advertisement

No they weren't. If Russia weren't there the Yanks would have full on invaded and overthrown al-Assad.

Instead the world watched as the assputin regime deliberately wiped hundreds of thousands of Syrians ,from bombing hospitals , schools,food markets, chemical weapons the list goes on ,

At least Israel are Knocking out the Iranians every chance they get unimpeded or just russian anti aircraft systems are ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Now all we need is Turkey and Italy to get involved and it'll be a real struggle to pick.

Overheal wrote: »
    Good, good

Nobody ever suspects the Dutch

They'll be up your river, stealing your ships, before you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Who would win a war between china and India

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

I don't think anyone would win tbh. Both sides would batter the **** out of one another for months, potentially years but it'd eventually fall to a stalemate and an armistice. I think cooler heads will prevail just because China doesn't want to become a complete pariah.

Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Hirohito and Hitler beg to differ.

Much to the disappointment to many on the left Trump hasn't yet started WW3...

Dr. Bre wrote: »

racist :pac:

The one which fires their nukes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The Chinese have unilaterally moved the Line of Control 20 miles west.
    The region in contention is known as the chickens neck and is a vital corridor to India's NW states.

There was a thread earlier regarding some earlier clashes and I opined that the Indians are likely to be outmatched here if it goes full scale.

The IAF is short 14 fighter squadrons. They have excellent pilots and have shown up the USAF F-15s with the Rafale in recent exercises.

The IAF faces major inventory and supply issues however.
    They fly far too many types for efficient procurement, training and operational resilience.

Su 30amily, mig21, mig29, Mirage 2000, Rafale, Tejas, Jaguar,

All in the main Foreign whilst license built with no immediate means of force reconstruction.

Whereas the Chinese whilst also operating a diverse fleet manufacture their own hardware and have considerable capacity to absorb losses.

Ground forces India are in a far better position on paper, but China would not be pressing action if there were not certain they could win and hold local control IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

JPCN1 wrote: »
    Hirohito and Hitler beg to differ.

Much to the disappointment to many on the left Trump hasn't yet started WW3...

Were Hirohito or Hitler nuclear superpowers?

It depends on the situation and terrain involved,

Flat open plains I'd expect China to win on sheer numbers or troops they can throw into s fight and not worry about public reactions to losses ,
    If it's high mountain ranges India could hold its own , can't really bring heavy armour or other big ticket toys to the game your left with lobbing artillery and rockets over mid to long range ,

Both sides have decent aircraft most of China's new aircraft are copies or Americans or older Soviet era aircrafts capable in the right hands thought.

It would be an interesting fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Nobody will enter open war with China, its almost as insane as doing so with the US at this stage. Particularly next to their border where they have all the supplies at hand they could ever want and no logistical challenges. If this happened, it would be worse than the death toll in WW2 by a distance.There are so many people living in insecurity in India and a little less so in China, though it still applies, the humanitarian cost would be the greatest in living history.

The problem for India is if they cede the territory, it gives the Chinese a platform to invade India with no geographic barrier to protect them. So they really can't, it almost like signing a surrender document.

China sending a regiment of Dota 2 players up against a regiment of high altitude adapted Gurkhas. I want to see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

It's getting dangerously logical for India to launch a pre-emptive strike

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Were Hirohito or Hitler nuclear superpowers?

Neither were they goat herders.

Kennedy did face down Russia though and expect the US to try to clip China's wings.

All in all some very unsavoury characters leading some of the larger nations and not very well by the looks of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

But if the aliens invade in July then the Americans can do that really cool Independence Day speech.
    Washington (East Coast US) to experience a slight bloodening of the moon at midnight 4th july (penumbral eclipse), not saying it's a poll-rating from the skygods, but the big Egyptian lump of stone in DC has been battered by lighting on a fair few occasions over the last weeks.

Still a couple of superpowers at the fistycuffs, will draw attention away from the Don, so the DJIA can start the surge, and things can become great again. Surely all the bronze statues will be smelted down by then, reducing CNN's screen time and graphic overlays on the matter of offenseive figurines.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Update: This is getting pretty serious.

Beijing will not back down if it feels there is a chance of taking this disputed territory from India. No love lost there.

India on the other hand is led by an ultranationalist who cannot lose face against China.

This could get fairly lively over the coming days especially if, as other posts predict, the air dimension comes into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’d bet on China but if it went nuclear expect millions dead and huge areas of both states nuked to kingdom come - leading to societal collapse and famine

• Advertisement

I’d bet on China but if it went nuclear expect millions dead and huge areas of both states nuked to kingdom come - leading to societal collapse and famine

If China went nuclear there would be a massive knock on I'd expect that loon in no NK to suddenly have a go at South Korea knowing big brother in China is happy to go nuclear ,

Dangerous games being played

Advertisement