Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf lab stackstown

Options
  • 16-06-2020 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Did anybody have a custom fitting with the golf lab and if so how was it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

come again?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fran83

willabur wrote: »
    come again?

Edited

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭kod12

So far this year had a full set of irons and a new driver shaft fitted with Mick in stackstown. Great quality of service he knows his stuff there. All of the the main brands along with others you don't see in the retail shops.

kod12 wrote: »
    So far this year had a full set of irons and a new driver shaft fitted with Mick in stackstown. Great quality of service he knows his stuff there. All of the the main brands along with others you don't see in the retail shops.

I've heard that he not one for pushing anything on you. If your clubs are good then he leaves them well alone.
    Not happy with my driver but went for a full fitting to see if its worth changing the whole lot.

100% agree with that. I went in for a driver fitting and wanted to change my driver completely, but after a good fitting Mick just advised me the head was perfect but we changed out the shaft after analysing how I load the shaft. Got custom fitted to the right shaft. No pushy up sales at all he just recommends what you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

just wondering if you coudl share the cost for driver / irons fitting?

Waesfjord wrote: »
    just wondering if you coudl share the cost for driver / irons fitting?

Its €100 for a full bag fitting and that comes off the cost when you buy your clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Heading there on Monday, cant wait. The putter is one I'm interested to see and what shaft my irons need. I'm hitting my driver really well but if it can be improved, great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pctrouble

Was down with Michael last week and I have to say I was extremely impressed.

Couldn't recommend him highly enough, both from a knowledge and equipment standpoint but equally due to his nature and professionalism.

Didn't rush me one bit, and made me feel as though improving my game was as important to him as it was me.

Have a set of irons on the way with new shafts so extremely excited about getting my hands on them.

If you're apprehensive about a fitting, look no further.

Excellent experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

My son had a session there this week and they were super helpful. Gave him plenty of time and attention, tried lots of different clubs and shafts. They gave him loads of swing, posture and stance advice before telling him to try those tips out first and then he can come back for another go where they can recommend new irons if he really needs them. They even let me have a few shots at the end of the session and gave me some pointers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,567 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just out of interest for those who have had a fitting done there. Did you go in and get irons customer fitted from scratch and then purchased from the guys in GolfLab? Or did you have irons already and they just fitted them?

Just wondering are you better doing the whole lot through them as then they can pick the corrects club heads etc. Or can they fit your existing club heads to your requirements?

I got a set of Srixon irons custom fitted recently with Michael and couldn't recommend him enough. Every bit of analysis was done to make sure it was the right head and right shaft for my game. Will be back again

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

I read the reviews for Stackstown and went for a fitting based on positive feedback, unfortunately it didnt work out great for me. Being left handed limits the amount of clubs to try, that's fair enough but I thought the process would have been a bit more technical with all the stats the trackman generates. The first driver I got was way too stiff with a low spin head, went to McGuriks for a second opinion and sure enough club wasnt even close to what I needed, long story short I did get a refund after more back and forth.

What I have seen from the fitting in Stackstown and McGuriks, the trackman narrows the club options that could be right for you and then it's a matter of trying and seeing till you find the right combo of shaft/head for you. In the end I found my trusty ping G30 with the regular tour shaft had been the best fit all along!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Monster249

Question for anyone who got fitted in Golflab, did using Trackman indoors cause any issues? I've seen that using it indoors for fitting can be dodgy due to the tech it uses to track the data. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Monster249 wrote: »
    Question for anyone who got fitted in Golflab, did using Trackman indoors cause any issues? I've seen that using it indoors for fitting can be dodgy due to the tech it uses to track the data. Cheers!

For me, having had Trackman fittings both indoors in Stackstown and from a sheltered bay in Foregolf to an outdoor "field" and a few others over time my very definite preference is where you use quality balls and can see ball flight combined with Trackman stats. This is available in Foregolf, PGA in Carton house and others.

Advertisement