Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stuart Turner Showermate shaft seals

• 16-06-2020 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

I've a Stuart Turner Showermate 1.8 bar part no 46407 that's developed a leak. Looks to be coming from the impeller shaft on the cold side. I see that you can get replacements service kits for the Monsoon series anyone know will they work for the Showermate too?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

tnegun wrote:
    I've a Stuart Turner Showermate 1.8 bar part no 46407 that's developed a leak. Looks to be coming from the impeller shaft on the cold side. I see that you can get replacements service kits for the Monsoon series anyone know will they work for the Showermate too?

Showermate is the cheapest of the cheapest. Once out of the short warranty I don't believe that they can be repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭tnegun

Talk about timing just checked and its a 3 year warranty with a purchase date of June 6th 2017 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Bazmo

This pump can be repaired.

After 15 years mine (Showermate 1.8 bar Twin Postitive) sprung a leak (some plastic shaft-like bit snapped). I brought it to Domestic Pumps in Ballymount, Dublin who fixed it for me on the spot (they also do a repair at home service which obviously costs more than if you bring it in to them - think it was about 2X price). They have a service package (think it was around €120) where they would replace all the seals, springs, impellers etc...

It turned out that most of the bits inside mine were in good nick, so they replaced what needed replacing for a reduced cost (€80). Asked me if I wanted to watch them in action (which I did) so we went into the workshop where they stripped it down, fixed what needed fixing, reassembled and tested the pump.

All in all it took about 30-40 mins and I walked out with a repaired pump which is still going strong almost 3 years later.

I have no connection with Domestic Pumps other than being a satisfied customer.

https://www.domesticpumps.ie/

I emailed Stuart Tuner as it was just out of warranty and looks like they might still honor it and ship me a replacement one! If not I'll reach out to the crowd in Ballymount thanks for the advice.

Just got confirmation they're shipping a replacement that's pretty fantastic customer service!

• Advertisement

And I'm looking at it, arrived with fastway about an hour ago. I have to say that was pretty fantastic customer service. I'm messaged them via their site on Tuesday saying it was just out of warranty and had developed a small leak but was otherwise perfect wanting to know did they supply spares and if so how much. They asked for Proof of Purchase and that was it once provided they immediately said they'd ship a replacement!

Advertisement