Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial 4x4 insurance

• 16-06-2020 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am looking to buy one of the below 4x4's and was wondering what the average cost is?

Hilux crew cab
    Landcruiser swb x2 seat
    Disco / RR Sport x2 seat
    Pajero swb x2 Seat

I am 35 with full C license, c 6 years NCB (Private) and zero claims. I was on motorbikes before that and I do have a current limited company which, is the reason for the commercial jeep.

Is there a difference between crewcab and 2 seat 4x4 Insurance? This will also be my daily vehicle as well as work and I'm wondering will that pose a problem etc?

I did do a search here for Jeep insurance, commercial insurance and 4x4 insurance but nothing came up?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

I pay approx 700 for commercial on the landcruiser. The policy includes social domestic & pleasure, and also travel to and from work, so all bases covered. That's with Liberty, but I believe FBD and Axa do similar. I'm in the same age profile and plenty of letters on the license too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Petrol Head_Pilot

TrailerBob wrote: »
    I pay approx 700 for commercial on the landcruiser. The policy includes social domestic & pleasure, and also travel to and from work, so all bases covered. That's with Liberty, but I believe FBD and Axa do similar. I'm in the same age profile and plenty of letters on the license too.

Perfect, thanks.

At present I can't afford to have two vehicles on the road however, it would mainly be myself and my son who I see every 2 weeks (or so) having him and driving legally was my biggest worry.

I remember some years ago hearing people getting stopped by Gardaí in Crew Cabs and commercials whilst carrying non business related people such as families.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Dirty Nails

Perfect, thanks.

At present I can't afford to have two vehicles on the road however, it would mainly be myself and my son who I see every 2 weeks (or so) having him and driving legally was my biggest worry.

I remember some years ago hearing people getting stopped by Gardaí in Crew Cabs and commercials whilst carrying non business related people such as families.

The Gardai would have been checking for road tax on the crew cabs & commercials rather than insurance. Especially since the clampdown on private owners with cheap commercial tax.

Advertisement