Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart window opener

Options
  • 16-06-2020 9:52pm

I am looking for some advice.
    I want to, if possible, automate the opening and closing of the window in my bedroom. Just to let fresh air in.
    Attatched is a pic of the window.

I was looking online and came across this and wondering would this work:
    Link from AliExpress (the 5th one called kit 4).

Would I be right in thinking that, all I would have to do is fix the actuator to the window, wire it to the smart controller and then I could wire a plug straight to the controller?
    Would I need anything else?
    A little less than €100 delivered, doesn't sound too bad, but I am open to other suggestions.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

I am looking for some advice.
    I want to, if possible, automate the opening and closing of the window in my bedroom. Just to let fresh air in.
    Attatched is a pic of the window.

I was looking online and came across this and wondering would this work:
    Link from AliExpress (the 5th one called kit 4).

Would I be right in thinking that, all I would have to do is fix the actuator to the window, wire it to the smart controller and then I could wire a plug straight to the controller?
    Would I need anything else?
    A little less than €100 delivered, doesn't sound too bad, but I am open to other suggestions.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Forgot to say I want to be able to get it working on a timer, and also be able to be controlled via an Echo or Google home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Looks interesting, might consider one for a velix, bit it did note that manual opening was a bit restricted after these were fitted.

Advertisement