If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Amp for speakers

Options
  • 17-06-2020 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I purchased the Monitor audio 2 bronze speakers from your website yesterday but I am looking for an amp to go with it.  I emailed and I tried calling the store a number of times but it rang out. You are obviously up to your eyes. Could you recommend a decent inexpensive amp to go with them? (max €200, preferably cheaper) with bluetooth? Happy to buy out of box etc to bring down price. Might be easier to call me either to talk through the options. 

Also I would need the Cambridge stereo cable bundle also if the speakers do not come with connections.  

Thanks

Eddie

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi guys,
    I purchased the Monitor audio 2 bronze speakers from your website yesterday but I am looking for an amp to go with it.  I emailed and I tried calling the store a number of times but it rang out. You are obviously up to your eyes. Could you recommend a decent inexpensive amp to go with them? (max €200, preferably cheaper) with bluetooth? Happy to buy out of box etc to bring down price. Might be easier to call me either to talk through the options. 

Also I would need the Cambridge stereo cable bundle also if the speakers do not come with connections.  

Thanks

Eddie
    Hi The MAcdaddy,

apologies! Yep we reopened our Belfast store yesterday and between the prep to reopen and being completely fully booked out, the last few days have been 'interesting' :eek:  - so apologies for the difficulty getting through on the phone .

You will love the Monitor Audio Bronze - they really are an amazing speaker and especially at the current pricing! On the Amp front, if you want to keep the budget tight have a look at the Cambridge Audio AM1, this is a really stripped back amp - no bluetooth, no remote, but it sounds really good:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-10602-cambridge-audio-topaz-am1-black-stereo-amplifier.aspx?swapstore=1

If you want some more frills then look at the Tangent Ampster:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203728-tangent-ampster-bt-ii-stereo-amplifier.aspx?swapstore=1

It's not quite a expansive or punchy as the AM1, but for 179€ its remote / Bluetooth and has digital and analogue inputs....

....however if it was me, I'd wait a bit and hold off until you could get the Yamaha RS202:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202211-yamaha-rs202d-black-black-dab-bluetooth-stereo-receiver.aspx

..the RS202 WILL blow the budget, but it's a PROPER grown up amp / Receiver, with facility for 2 speaker sets, Bluetooth and adding FM radio - it is head and shoulders above the others..

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and drop us a line or keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew   

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Hi guys,

Thanks

Eddie
    Hi The MAcdaddy,

apologies! Yep we reopened our Belfast store yesterday and between the prep to reopen and being completely fully booked out, the last few days have been 'interesting' :eek:  - so apologies for the difficulty getting through on the phone .

You will love the Monitor Audio Bronze - they really are an amazing speaker and especially at the current pricing! On the Amp front, if you want to keep the budget tight have a look at the Cambridge Audio AM1, this is a really stripped back amp - no bluetooth, no remote, but it sounds really good:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-10602-cambridge-audio-topaz-am1-black-stereo-amplifier.aspx?swapstore=1

If you want some more frills then look at the Tangent Ampster:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203728-tangent-ampster-bt-ii-stereo-amplifier.aspx?swapstore=1

It's not quite a expansive or punchy as the AM1, but for 179€ its remote / Bluetooth and has digital and analogue inputs....

....however if it was me, I'd wait a bit and hold off until you could get the Yamaha RS202:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202211-yamaha-rs202d-black-black-dab-bluetooth-stereo-receiver.aspx

..the RS202 WILL blow the budget, but it's a PROPER grown up amp / Receiver, with facility for 2 speaker sets, Bluetooth and adding FM radio - it is head and shoulders above the others..

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and drop us a line or keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew   
    Thanks John, I rang Kenny in store and got an open box Yamaha. Delighted.

Thanks,
    Eddie

Well done themacdaddy!

That was a great buy :) - you will really hear the difference - those RS202 are a really nice bit of kit,

Thanks again and we appreciate the business..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

Hi folks

Is there any chance you have another one of these (open box)? EI see it on the website but it might be this one and already sold.
    Thanks

Edit. I meant to say Open Box Yamaha RS202D. Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

pelemcg wrote: »
    Hi folks

Is there any chance you have another one of these (open box)? EI see it on the website but it might be this one and already sold.
    Thanks

Edit. I meant to say Open Box Yamaha RS202D. Thanks
    Hi pelemcg,

Unfortunately we are completely sold out of the RS202D clearance, we've even sold the last display model!

I do have a brand new one available though at £229/249 euro!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi pelemcg,

Unfortunately we are completely sold out of the RS202D clearance, we've even sold the last display model!

I do have a brand new one available though at £229/249 euro!

Kind regards

David

Thanks David,

Unfortunately that's out of my budget (€150-180}. I know its a relatively low budget but it's the max can do right now. Take care, Pele.

Pele,

I'll check Monday with Yamaha to see if they have any Refurb stock of RS202 and revert if you like - they are a great amp / receiver at the CLEARANCE price! 

Keep us posted and we will do our best for you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Pele,

I'll check Monday with Yamaha to see if they have any Refurb stock of RS202 and revert if you like - they are a great amp / receiver at the CLEARANCE price! 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi folks, many thanks. I'd take that in a flash if it's available. The clearance price really is the clincher. You can pm me for details. P

Pele,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi folks, many thanks. I'd take that in a flash if it's available. The clearance price really is the clincher. You can pm me for details. P
    Hey Pelemcg.

We are still waiting to see if Yamaha have any refurbished units and will post back here as soon as we find out.

Kenny.

Hey Pelemcg.

We are still waiting to see if Yamaha have any refurbished units and will post back here as soon as we find out.

Kenny.

Hi,

Sorry to bother you. Just checking to see if there was any update on refurb units?
    Thanks
    Pele

• Advertisement

Hey Pelemcg.

Kenny.

Hi,

Sorry to bother you. Just checking to see if there was any update on refurb units?
    Thanks
    Pele
    Hi Pelemcg.

Apologies, still nothing from Yamaha on any refurb units.

I will see if I can hurry them up in the morning.

Kenny.

Hi Pelemcg.

Apologies, still nothing from Yamaha on any refurb units.

I will see if I can hurry them up in the morning.

Kenny.
    Hi,
    One last bump just in case there any update on this?
    Thanks
    P

Thanks a million John,
    Ordered just now. I'm delighted with it. I'll be back in a couple of weeks for speakers too!
    Pele.

Thanks a million John,
    Ordered just now. I'm delighted with it. I'll be back in a couple of weeks for speakers too!
    Pele.
    Cheers for the order Pelemcg.

The one we had freed up was already held for you :) Had you emailed in regarding a clearance one at some point also?

I had tried to call you a few times over the last few weeks for some details to complete the sale.

At least you are now sorted via the website and we will get the unit shipped out to you tomorrow.

Thanks again for the business.

Kenny.

The one we had freed up was already held for you :) Had you emailed in regarding a clearance one at some point also?

I had tried to call you a few times over the last few weeks for some details to complete the sale.

At least you are now sorted via the website and we will get the unit shipped out to you tomorrow.

Kenny.
    Hi,

Sorry for any confusion. I was speaking to someone there a couple of weeks ago but I'd missed out on the last open box one and I didn't know you had been trying to contact me.

When I have the finances towards the end of the month, I'll be back for speakers. Unfortunately, budget as always. Would the Wharfdale Diamond 9.0 be any good with this amp (I know nothing about separates or pairing. I've been using a Logitech Bluetooth streamer with Akai speakers and a Denon mini amp for a few years!)
    Thanks
    Pele

Kenny.
    Hi,

Sorry for any confusion. I was speaking to someone there a couple of weeks ago but I'd missed out on the last open box one and I didn't know you had been trying to contact me.

When I have the finances towards the end of the month, I'll be back for speakers. Unfortunately, budget as always. Would the Wharfdale Diamond 9.0 be any good with this amp (I know nothing about separates or pairing. I've been using a Logitech Bluetooth streamer with Akai speakers and a Denon mini amp for a few years!)
    Thanks
    Pele
    Hi Pele,

Thanks for the post!

The Diamond 9.0 would work well with the RS202 but we actually have a great deal on the Monitor Audio Bronze 2s in walnut at the moment which were originally up at £279 but are down to £129/149 euro:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12902-monitor-audio-bronze-2-walnut-walnut-speakers-per-pair.aspx?swapstore=1

Kind regards

David

Hi Pele,

Thanks for the post!

The Diamond 9.0 would work well with the RS202 but we actually have a great deal on the Monitor Audio Bronze 2s in walnut at the moment which were originally up at £279 but are down to £129/149 euro:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12902-monitor-audio-bronze-2-walnut-walnut-speakers-per-pair.aspx?swapstore=1

Kind regards

David

Thanks a million to all at RS for sorting me out with the RS202d. Arrived within two days and it sounds fantastic. Brilliant service. Have to hold off on speakers for a bit longer, (washing machine just packed in). Will be back on as soon as I can. Thanks again, Pele.

Hi Pele,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David

Thanks a million to all at RS for sorting me out with the RS202d. Arrived within two days and it sounds fantastic. Brilliant service. Have to hold off on speakers for a bit longer, (washing machine just packed in). Will be back on as soon as I can. Thanks again, Pele.
    Hi Pele,

Thanks so much for the post and the order!

Glad to hear you like the amp and no problem with the speakers, I think the washing machine needs sorted first!

Let us know when you're ready!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.