Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bathroom rad coming on when water is being heated

• 17-06-2020 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Don't know much about this stuff so bear with me.

We have a 3 zone heating system in the house we got very recently. 1 zone is downstairs rads + upstairs bathroom, 1 zone is other upstairs rads and 1 zone is the hot water.

There are motorized valves for each zone and we have a salus it500 to control it also. There were several issues with it not being setup correctly in terms of turning on zones but we thought it was all sorted.

However today we just noticed that when we turn on the hot water it is also turning on the bathroom rad (other rads in zone are not turned on). I tested the heating and turning on zone 1 for downstairs and bathroom works as expected. So it seems to be specifically the hot water is also heating 1 rad.

Is this expected? It seems wrong to me that its heating this rad. If it is wrong would this usually be fixed by the plumber who set up the system or the electrician who wired in the thermostats etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Plumbers sometimes use that rad as a system bypass. Mine is done like that. I keep a folded bath towel over it this time of year.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Wearb wrote: »
    Plumbers sometimes use that rad as a system bypass. Mine is done like that. I keep a folded bath towel over it this time of year.

Thanks, so its not necessarily a problem. I'll double check with the plumber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Thanks, so its not necessarily a problem. I'll double check with the plumber.

if you went for the seai heating control grant then it will be a problem with them as they don't allow and rads to be heated through the heating of water..
    Its probably only something minor to sort out. Sounds like a tee is in the wrong place too and it might be reverse circulation too.
    If you didn't go for the seai grant as said it could be there as a by pass and nothing to worry about along as that this is what you want.

Advertisement