Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Cryptocurrency portfolio

• 17-06-2020 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

All,

Just posting my cryptocurrency portfolio on here, I'm looking for advice on my portfolio and maybe some ideas on what to do,I'm delighted I found this forum as AAB don't allow this type of question.

My portfolio is as follows,
    Ontology: purchase price .38-Peak price €9.32
    Gas: purchase price 1.23-Peak price 79.48
    Qtum: purchase price 1.43-Peak price 88.79
    XRM: purchase price. 09-Peak price 3.18
    Vchain purchase price .002-Peak price .02
    Strella: purchase price. 04-Peak price .78
    Crypto.com: purchase price. 05-Peak price .14 (the reason I'm into this coin is because I earn 16% pa on there savings plan)

My strategy was to purchase the following at around 2 to 3% of the peak price 2018, it's worked very well so far, also I get paid 16% interest on some of my cryptocurrency. I don't have any BC in my portfolio.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

All,

Just posting my cryptocurrency portfolio on here, I'm looking for advice on my portfolio and maybe some ideas on what to do,I'm delighted I found this forum as AAB don't allow this type of question.

Crypto.com: purchase price. 05-Peak price .14 (the reason I'm into this coin is because I earn 16% pa on there savings plan)

My strategy was to purchase the following at around 2 to 3% of the peak price 2018, it's worked very well so far, also I get paid 16% interest on some of my cryptocurrency. I don't have any BC in my portfolio.

Just a note to be wary of following all time highs - past performance is no indicator of future price. Also, Vechain went through a coin split a couple of years ago, so the ATH of Vechain isn't .02, its actually closer to .09.

Whats the deal with the 16% returns from Crypto.com? I've been hearing a bit about it but it sounds too good to be true, what's the catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 trip adviser

tuff1 wrote: »
    Just a note to be wary of following all time highs - past performance is no indicator of future price. Also, Vechain went through a coin split a couple of years ago, so the ATH of Vechain isn't .02, its actually closer to .09.

Whats the deal with the 16% returns from Crypto.com? I've been hearing a bit about it but it sounds too good to be true, what's the catch?

Download crypto.com app. Buy 500 crypto.com cryptocurrency (about 500 euro). Go to earn and and transfer your cryptocurrency, sellect 16% you have to leave for a minimum of 3 months. There is no catch and if crypto.com increase in price you will also get the benefit.

If it's your first time signing up with crypto.com use following code tamtewhrb8 and you will get $50.

Download crypto.com app. Buy 500 crypto.com cryptocurrency (about 500 euro). Go to earn and and transfer your cryptocurrency, sellect 16% you have to leave for a minimum of 3 months. There is no catch and if crypto.com increase in price you will also get the benefit.

If it's your first time signing up with crypto.com use following code tamtewhrb8 and you will get $50.

I heard the exact same thing about Bitconnect a couple of years ago - and we all know how that went.

I think I'll wait and see how it goes. Generally if something is too good to be true it usually is, even more so in crypto. 16% returns is just too high so I'll remain skeptical for the time being!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I heard the exact same thing about Bitconnect a couple of years ago - and we all know how that went.

I think I'll wait and see how it goes. Generally if something is too good to be true it usually is, even more so in crypto. 16% returns is just too high so I'll remain skeptical for the time being!

Anything crypto-related whereby you are handing your keys to someone else introduces counter-party risk.

But crypto.com is not bitconnect.

They have a clear business model, have been around for some time (in crypto terms), have gained trust from multiple finance and insurance partners, and so on.

Not saying they can’t have a major issue leading to loss of funds for their users x of course they can. But it is not a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 trip adviser

Bob24 wrote: »
    Anything crypto-related whereby you are handing your keys to someone else introduces counter-party risk.

They have a clear business model, have been around for some time (in crypto terms), have gained trust from multiple finance and insurance partners, and so on.

Not saying they can’t have a major issue leading to loss of funds for their users x of course they can. But it is not a scam.

I'm also with Coinbase and Bitpanda but crypto.com are miles ahead of both these exchange's. If I could turn the clock back crypto.com is the only exchange I would use

• Advertisement

Bob24 wrote: »

I'll reserve judgement for the time being - Personally I feel impossibly high returns, referral scheme, coins locked into an exchange, it all screams like a pyramid scheme.

Honestly, I would be shocked if at least one of these crypto lending platforms didn't disintegrate into a ponzi or exit scam in the next year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Pawinho

All,

But how much is worth your portfolio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Pawinho wrote: »
    But how much is worth your portfolio?

thats something I wouldnt be disclosing :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

out of all of them Vechain seems to be the only one with any actual use case... and have customers using it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

XAU is where you want your money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    thats something I wouldnt be disclosing :cool:

I'd guess, by paraphrasing the late and great Paul Daniels,

'NOT A LOT!'

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭suave.4u

NEO coin seems to be picking up a lot as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

suave.4u wrote: »
    NEO coin seems to be picking up a lot as well.

What's going on with NEO these days? Or Ontology? Haven't heard about any development in ages and I assumed it was an abandoned project. I do have a very small bag of NEO stashed away somewhere though. :pac:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

I converted all my NEO a month ago into Link and SXP

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

el diablo wrote: »
    What's going on with NEO these days? Or Ontology? Haven't heard about any development in ages and I assumed it was an abandoned project. I do have a very small bag of NEO stashed away somewhere though. :pac:

Been in Crypto since early 2017 and at one stage it was over 80% of my portfolio. I thought it might flip ETH and I wasn't alone. But they never really kicked on. Probably my biggest disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Pawinho

SkySter wrote: »
    Been in Crypto since early 2017 and at one stage it was over 80% of my portfolio. I thought it might flip ETH and I wasn't alone. But they never really kicked on. Probably my biggest disappointment.

Good time to buy NEO for long term (6-12 months)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Are there many projects currently in development using the NEO network though?

Most Nep-5 tokens turned out to be dismal failures.

Isn’t this the case for most crypto in the next 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Are there many projects currently in development using the NEO network though?

Most Nep-5 tokens turned out to be dismal failures.

Correct.

I'm sure NEO might go up, but most mid-cap Alts are trending that way. I just don't see this project as being a long term hold any more. Plenty of ETH competitors now and a good many are more advanced in terms or partnerships and ecosystem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

The only one I would invest in would be Ontology, the rest are sh*t coins. ;)

• Advertisement

Speculator wrote: »
    The only one I would invest in would be Ontology, the rest are sh*t coins. ;)

Vechain is a sh*tcoin? Love to hear your reasoning! It's one of the most promising cryptocurrency projects aiming to solve a real world problem with a solution which seems tailor made for the blockchain.

One of the most likely coins to still be around in the next 3-5 years imo.

Advertisement