Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 30+ Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

78 with 15 to go on BB. Haven't been this HEWT with FPL in a while.

Looking to claw back a 50 lead in my main money league...yer man has virtually the same squad as me but captained Mahrez over KDB. I own both but captained Kev. Jiminez and Jordan Henderson (!) are my main differentials

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Why not?

I want to try and see if I can just enjoy the sport without the fantasy element again.
    Have a few things going on next year that will take up a lot of time outside work so it seems like the natural year to take a break. Especially with the short turn around to preseason.
    Also I win my main work league I will have won it 4 out of 5 years and they are threatening to not let me enter and/or not run it ! That is the one I enjoy the most as we chat about it every Monday etc. I will miss it for the year I suppose..........
    I may have to enter a team in the Boards Premier League though ......4 promotions in 5 seasons to get there !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

On 81 if Leno gets a bonus with 12 played. 15 to go still though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ederson is some donkey, I know he had to clear the ball but at least consider the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

65 from FH.

Pepe, Lacazette & Samatta benched not great.

11 to go.

Hopefully Pepe doesn’t feature v Brighton & get my third Sheff U defender off the bench

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Ederson is some donkey, I know he had to clear the ball but at least consider the player.

It was a very odd incident all round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

titan18 wrote: »
    On 81 if Leno gets a bonus with 12 played. 15 to go still though

Ill be exacty the same

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Looks like Leno might sneak a bap

A nice consolation on my not going for Henderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

km79 wrote: »
    I want to try and see if I can just enjoy the sport without the fantasy element again.
    Have a few things going on next year that will take up a lot of time outside work so it seems like the natural year to take a break. Especially with the short turn around to preseason.
    Also I win my main work league I will have won it 4 out of 5 years and they are threatening to not let me enter and/or not run it ! That is the one I enjoy the most as we chat about it every Monday etc. I will miss it for the year I suppose..........
    I may have to enter a team in the Boards Premier League though ......4 promotions in 5 seasons to get there !

Seems fair.

I think you are similar to myself though, the fantasy side of it just heightens the enjoyment. Not sure i could see myself on the edge of my seat after a 0-0 draw between Villa and Shef Utd otherwise!

I think there’s a bit of a middle ground to be found rather than going cold turkey, maybe making a team and logging in on a Friday to make a transfer. Handicap yourself a bit :P

A years sabbatical won’t do you any harm either tho, even if the forum will be a lesser place for it

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Seems fair.

I think you are similar to myself though, the fantasy side of it just heightens the enjoyment. Not sure i could see myself on the edge of my seat after a 0-0 draw between Villa and Shef Utd otherwise!

I think there’s a bit of a middle ground to be found rather than going cold turkey, maybe making a team and logging in on a Friday to make a transfer. Handicap yourself a bit :P

A years sabbatical won’t do you any harm either tho, even if the forum will be a lesser place for it

Yeah this is the thing
    Am I watching and enjoying that game earlier for fantasy OR did I force myself to watch it because of fantasy and wouldn’t have watched it otherwise and maybe have cut the lawn like I should have :D
    And
    Is it normal to be hoping your real life team loses etc and their bitter rivals win?

I resisted playing for years and years Cos I knew there would be no middle ground ! That’s my personality. I’m way too obsessive and competitive !
    Good traits for fantasy in some ways but also bad for balancing it with “real life “

See I am even overthinking my decision not to play :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

It kind of reminds me of the Toni Schumacher one (yes I am old )
    Hope he is ok

Remember Bosnich Klinsmann?

53 with 12 to play. About average for where I am in the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Leno gets a BP.

60 with 15 to go HEWT

Outstanding performance from leno

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

75 heading into the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

81 on BB with 15 to go :D

GW rank of 442k. Not sure that will see me break top1k. Likely to be a small red I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

74 with 15 to go. Pleased with that start. Captain KDB the hero.

The average is only 23 ........

GW rank of 442k. Not sure that will see me break top1k. Likely to be a small red I would imagine

Fell back 224 places to 1229

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

I've a heap of lads in my money league with zero points.

So many did not give a toss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Up to 79k. First time I've been inside 100k this season. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Serious scores around here.

55 with 11 to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

62pts with BB. VHEWT....but....main rival has once again outscored me (73). Henderson and captain KDB doing it for him. I’m praying Aguero goes on a mad one Monday night! And believe it or not TAA is a differential for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

78 so far despite a Mesut Ozil sized 7.3m sitting in midfield. Double gameweek fever clearly got the better of me.

Wildcard already activated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Looks like many in here will reach the magical 100 points and beyond this week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Got 76 in the end with Leno getting the BP.

Up almost 1k to 777.

Could do with Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea having a quiet weekend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

80 with 11 to play. Delighted with that. Used the free transfers to put 8 DG players in my team. KDB TC. Still had my wildcard so will switch my team up again now for the remainder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Benimar wrote: »
    Got 76 in the end with Leno getting the BP.

Up almost 1k to 777.

Could do with Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea having a quiet weekend:)

I think Liverpool & Chelsea will score atleast 3.

Everton are shocking, lost 4-0 to Chelsea just before covid.

Chelsea go to Villa and from what we've seen yesterday - there is a reason Villa are in relegation places

UTD Spurs will be most interesting fixture, but I think a lot of goals there too as each team has to win

That's taking into account all 7.5 million teams of which over 70% are inactive. The real average is over 50.

• Advertisement

I think Liverpool & Chelsea will score atleast 3.

Everton are shocking, lost 4-0 to Chelsea just before covid.

Chelsea go to Villa and from what we've seen yesterday - there is a reason Villa are in relegation places

UTD Spurs will be most interesting fixture, but I think a lot of goals there too as each team has to win

Rashford is the one player I really really wanted to chance but didn’t

Advertisement