Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 30+ Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Saka and Doherty bring me up to 98 with 3 Villa, 3 Sheffield Utd, 3 City including captain and Gomez to go. The less said about Auba the better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,259 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ayew, you fúcking dancer.

I can't believe picking him worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The Leno injury and this Bournemouth performance might lead to a FH/WC this week

They sound awful

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

PVA always has the DGW fever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote: »
    PVA always has the DGW fever

That's his 2nd assist this week after getting Katie Hopkins kicked off Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Doherty and Pepe to the rescue.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

86 with 11 to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Seeing Leno going off injured today was just standard FPL.

It's fair to say going for Leno over Henderson (who's in my team) on my Free Hit has not worked out quite how I wanted.

I thought my season was going down the pan but glad to see the Jimmy Doherty combo bringing in the points to keep me afloat for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dearg81 wrote: »
    That's his 2nd assist this week after getting Katie Hopkins kicked off Twitter.

He should get the 3 bonus points for that alone

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

97 with 10 to go. Had Leno, Saka, Jimi and Doherty today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

PVA is on my bench.....

But I used Bench Boost :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

COH wrote: »
    I love Jimmi

Oh stop x

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

85 with 11 to go. Jimenez with a nice contribution. Annoyed at myself for going with Cantwell over Saka.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

88 with 10 to play... cant help thinking how much happier Id have been if I hadnt of axed Fernandes and Ings for that useless pillock Auba and McGinn

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mccarthy
    Baldock egan doherty taa
    Saar kdb (c) fernandez salah
    Auba jiminez
    That was my team this week before any transfers. It would have smashed it . The unlimited transfers forced me to play the FH i have still done ok but it gave everyone else the chance to get a good team. I would have done saar to grealish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mccarthy
    Baldock egan doherty taa
    Saar kdb (c) fernandez salah
    Auba jiminez
    That was my team this week before any transfers. It would have smashed it . The unlimited transfers forced me to play the FH i have still done ok but it gave everyone else the chance to get a good team. I would have done saar to grealish.
    What do ya mean by “it forced you”?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Trey13

86 with 10 to play. Feels very meh so far.

On 76 with Aguero (c), KDB, Sterling, Grealish, Mount, Stevens and Lundstram left.

Rose circa 5k places to 14k. It felt great owning Doherty again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

81 with 8 to go. Another SHU CS tomorrow would be ideal.

Despite having Doherty i dropped another 150 places
    Rest of season will be a struggle with no chips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Joel fcuking Ward. What a man. A last second (and I mean last second) panic switch to bring him in before the deadline (heard the Fleck news late). He was the only playing 4.3 def I knew, bar Lascelles who I have. It's the small victories in the game!

Aside from that, 84pts on BB with 10 to play (Aguero captain being the most important player left).

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Joel fcuking Ward. What a man. A last second (and I mean last second) panic switch to bring him in before the deadline (heard the Fleck news late). He was the only playing 4.3 def I knew, bar Lascelles who I have. It's the small victories in the game!

Aside from that, 84pts on BB with 10 to play (Aguero captain being the most important player left).

Yeah those small victories feel just as good as seeing your captain score double digits sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

My 3 strikers before this GW

Ings, Jiminez, Ayew

My current 3 strikers

Aguero, Auba and Greenwood

How. Sick. Am. I!

59 with hopefully 9 to play

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

104 with 10 to go (although one or two might not start)

Up to 594th.

Blow it up ref!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What do ya mean by “it forced you”?

The unlimited transfers and being able to BB and then wildcard the week after meant that anyone that was going to tough it out with their current team was taking a big risk. If they didnt introduce unlimited transfers I was in a great position as I had a great set up for this gw. Unlimited transfers meant I went from having a great set up to an average set up as everyone could load up on dgw players and play a BB if they still had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Markx

The unlimited transfers and being able to BB and then wildcard the week after meant that anyone that was going to tough it out with their current team was taking a big risk. If they didnt introduce unlimited transfers I was in a great position as I had a great set up for this gw. Unlimited transfers meant I went from having a great set up to an average set up as everyone could load up on dgw players and play a BB if they still had it.

Same story. It was necessary to mitigate the risk unfortunately. This unlimited transfers is a bitter pill. Just have to see where things land at the end of this week and play on to finish as well as possible.

Same.

I was happy with my team but forced to use FH to try and stay in touch.

So a double whammy.

Rivals get to use 2 chips in one week (1 of those a free chip gifted to them) and I have to use one of my chips to try and keep pace and don’t get to avail of the unlimited transfers.

Getting screwed over royally.

Big scores happening all around, as expected, with being able to use 2 chips in 1 week.

Scores in the 100’s will be the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Same.

I was happy with my team but forced to use FH to try and stay in touch.

So a double whammy.

Rivals get to use 2 chips in one week (1 of those a free chip gifted to them) and I have to use one of my chips to try and keep pace and don’t get to avail of the unlimited transfers.

Getting screwed over royally.

Big scores happening all around, as expected, with being able to use 2 chips in 1 week.

Scores in the 100’s will be the norm.
    What's your score?

The benchboosters in my private leagues are absolutely kiiling it. This decision by FPL to grant unlimited transfers is going to cost me big time.

Same
    And even with FH I am giving up 30/40 points or so on a lot
    And I now no longer have FH obviously
    And I didn’t get to make a few free tweaks to my squad
    And , this annoys me most of all, I lost the extra FT I carried into original gw30 which I was well set up for compared to a lot my leagues

• Advertisement

Lundstram wrote: »
    What's your score?

The benchboosters in my private leagues are absolutely kiiling it. This decision by FPL to grant unlimited transfers is going to cost me big time.

My FH team is currently on 69 points with 8 to play.

Will be lucky if I can stay within 50-60 points of some of the weekly scores in some leagues.

I’ll be dropping like a stone.

I was leading the Boards €50 Euro league and was 4th in the JD FPL and the Bohs FPL before this GW.

I wouldn’t have entered the competition had I known they would change the rules during the season and I’d be handicapped by 50-60 points as an absolute minimum. Could yet be even more.

Just have to get the head down now and hopefully get a bit of luck over the next few weeks to climb back up in some of those league. Unlikely though.

Advertisement