Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 30+ Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Benimar wrote: »
    That looked in!

She looked in, Sure the ball hit the back of the post looking back at it? I'm amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

All we need is a contentious VAR decision and we're definitely back.

Strange the VAR/Video camera wasn't able to step in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Would that have been a Norwood goal or assist?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Would that have been a Norwood goal or assist?

Assist

And as my labs owner I’d be looking at Clean sheet going , own goal and dropped for next game

Actually I can't believe Sheff Utd are playing Villa and i have 5 players!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

20200617-184854.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Clearest angle I've seen: https://www.clippituser.tv/c/paevwp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Well that was all very strange.

No crowd, political propaganda thrown in our faces at every turn, clear goal disallowed and a water break in 15 degree heat.

Almost hope Villa score so i can switch off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

That's incredible. Not even a borderline call

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

He's behind the post. How is that not a goal? VAR surely has to step in there if the watch isn't working!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wonder is it some sort of bug in the tech where the ball was touching the post the whole time?

km79 wrote: »
    Assist

And as my labs owner I’d be looking at Clean sheet going , own goal and dropped for next game

Actually I have Oran too, so it's maybe better it didn't count, However it;s hardly his fault, his own man pushed him over the line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Lundstram wrote: »

No crowd, political propaganda thrown in our faces at every turn, clear goal disallowed and a water break in 15 degree heat.

Yes I’m not happy with the political bullsh|t just play football

And you got a yellow card too, you fecking eejit

Feels like I'm watching American Football with all the taking knee crap and the water stoppages. This stuff has no place in football.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What’s the political propaganda? The black lives matter stuff?

I don't agree that equality is political but that's for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Green&Red wrote: »
    What’s the political propaganda? The black lives matter stuff?

Yes, I'd assume so

Feels like I'm watching American Football with all the taking knee crap and the water stoppages. This stuff has no place in football.

Shouldn't you be listening to the half time team talk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

callaway92 wrote: »
    Wonder is it some sort of bug in the tech where the ball was touching the post the whole time?

That's what I was thinking too but I don't think it was touching the post all the time it was over the line.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking too but I don't think it was touching the post all the time it was over the line.

Aye, when the ball moved past the post the goalies arm / body was touching the post too though, could have caused some interference or something.

I imagine they'll have to address why it didn't go off at some stage

If there's a known issue with it you could see other keepers trying to exploit it!

Sheffield United were already unhappy about the premier league changing the rules 2/3 of the wya through the season to allow more subs. It favours the bigger teams competing against them for Europe as they have a much smaller squad
    They will be even in happier now . Someone clearly forgot to turn on the goal line technology. They always show the graphic. They didn’t . Some has fked up big time . Could be more about this if they don’t win and miss out in Europe by a point or two

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Wonder the villa player being so close to it cause some kind of anomaly? White shorts interfering with the reading of the ball?
    Very strange either way. First time I've seen the watch not working.... but if it can't call that then there'll be questions asked of the tight ones it does call.

The referee's watched buzzed for a goal while in the dressing room at half time. Hahahahahaha! You couldn't make it up.

It was a goal they're saying...what's going to happen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It’s ironic how the VAR team will go to extreme lengths to debate over millimetre offside calls but won’t step in to overrule dodgy goal line technology when the ball is yards over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

The referee's watched buzzed for a goal while in the dressing room at half time. Hahahahahaha! You couldn't make it up.

Oh, how I missed VAR and Tech in FPL.

Couldn't make this stuff up lads.

Just said that on Sky Sports too, don't understand why VAR didn't get involved though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

If Sky were any fun at all they should play the "f*ck VAR" chant now :D

Advertisement