Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Concrete sealer/primer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Yep, you need to water it down a good bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

What kind of paint did you intend to use on your concrete floor, most of the 2 pack epoxies and polyurethanes recommend that only a thinned coat of that coating is used to prime the concrete. In other words if you use PVA you may not be able to use these type of coatings, you may have to stick to the water-based alternatives. I used zylene with 2 pack epoxy as a primer/ first coat. With ployurethane I used white spirit for the first/ primer coat. Do your homework on what paint you intend to use and follow the instructions as regards primer. Just my tuppence worth....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

I have the paint but not sure what it actually is! Its quick drying synthetic paint of some description and one of the main ingredients seems to be white spirits. Would my best bet be to give the concrete a brush down with white spirits first then? Thanks for the replies!

What do the instructions on the can say? If no information there see if there's a contact email for it- that's what I did when using those products and the manufacturer was happy to advise. White spirit clean-up IMPLIES white spirit as a thinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

What do the instructions on the can say? If no information there see if there's a contact email for it- that's what I did when using those products and the manufacturer was happy to advise. White spirit clean-up IMPLIES white spirit as a thinner.

Theres nothing on the cans besides a list of ingredients so I'll send an email to the manufacturer and see what they say. I'll have to give the cement a powerwash first anyway because its filthy so I have time!

• Advertisement

What's the brand of the product, any photos? Don't overdo it on the powerwashing- the concrete will need to be bone dry before coating with any floor paint, would be a good idea to run a dehumidifier if you are going to soak it.

Advertisement