Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

https://twitter.com/TheBurkeanIE/status/1321445850950868992?s=20

Don't know if this was posted saw it on peoples republic of cork forum but appears testimonies are fakes for Ebun Josephs website. Laura Johnson doesn't seem to have a great grasp of English.

^^^^^
    how to be "acceptance" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

The funny thing is English is the first language in Nigeria :D

I wonder did she genuinely do any degree, prior to the one she did in Dublin.

It is a pity you could not understand her,however there literacy classes you could attend which would help so there is no need to feel inferior and hide yourself away. GET HELP.

Well, that is impressive. Your first contribution to this thread (that I'm aware of anyway). Nicely done. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Is stabbing followed by decapitation a racism?

Mules wrote: »
    The funny thing is English is the first language in Nigeria :D

:D:D

No bs - I lol'd

Didn't spit/spill my tea over keyboard :p Sense of proportion and all..

Sometimes ignorance is great - your info was news to me :P

My views on multiculturalism has shifted slightly in favour - if only for the sheer comedy value :pac:

I don’t think that was the point of the speech. MLK very much had an agenda too which he was pushing which was civil rights for black people as a group, and the point he was making was that he envisioned a society where his children wouldn’t be judged because they are black.

I'm aware of the controversy surrounding it.
    Let us be dissatisfied until that day when nobody will shout "White power!", when nobody will shout "Black power!". but everybody will talk about God's power and human power.

- A speech called "Where do we go from here?". Not his most famous speech, but you can see a certain angle towards color blindness. As you can see it in many of his other speeches.

The problem being that critical race theory and the need to interpret what he meant along political lines, because being black in the US is a political issue. What MLK said needs to be interpreted for others, because they can't understand his meanings without others help. Or we could just listen to it ourselves and come to our own conclusions.

I've listened or read almost all of his speeches over the years, and I, personally, feel that he was pointing to a color blind society.

Well, that is impressive. Your first contribution to this thread (that I'm aware of anyway). Nicely done. :rolleyes:

Just for academic purposes - poster has posted at least once before on thread. #3915, a couple of pages back..

No bs - I lol'd

Didn't spit/spill my tea over keyboard :p Sense of proportion and all..

Sometimes ignorance is great - your info was news to me :P

My views on multiculturalism has shifted slightly in favour - if only for the sheer comedy value :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Multiculturalism?

Fine. Gimme some Phillipinos, Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, some south Americans.

We should welcome all cultures, ... well, at least those which aren't literally the worst culture on the planet at this time.

I mean why would you invite the worst culture imaginable into the country when you can still have a wide exotic selection of other wonderful and equally capable people.

We can all get along. Or at least most of us can.

Armenians and Turks squaring off on the streets of Lyon.

Trading chants such as Armenia is the best and Turkey is the best.

Clearly neither are great. You all moved to France.

Some muslims online blaming Macron for the violence on the streets!
    It's a mad world.

Also some lady stabbed in the neck outside the French embassy in Saudi Arabia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Armenians and Turks squaring off on the streets of Lyon.

Trading chants such as Armenia is the best and Turkey is the best.

Clearly neither are great. You all moved to France.

Some muslims online blaming Macron for the violence on the streets!
    It's a mad world.

Also some lady stabbed in the neck outside the French embassy in Saudi Arabia

Im hating the Turks so much right now.

They're in dire need of putting in their place.

85603 wrote: »
    Im hating the Turks so much right now.

They're in dire need of putting in their place.

You are spot on there. Imagine they thought that they would become an EU member. Hopefully never.

Erdogan is a horrible pos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

It is a pity you could not understand her,however there literacy classes you could attend which would help so there is no need to feel inferior and hide yourself away. GET HELP.

Do you not mean there IS literacy classes ?

The funny thing being that literacy relates to reading/writing, not speaking/listening.:D (Pronunciation being related to speaking, if the other poster still doesn't get it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

Do you not mean there IS literacy classes ?

They probably mean that there ARE literacy classes! :D

However, that last post of theirs is very low. Probably a consequence of frustration that they are not able to put up a coherent argument to all of klaz’s well reasoned posts. So they go for the insults.

ETA: The post I referenced has been removed. I am leaving mine up as it has been quoted already...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,529 ✭✭✭jmreire

seenitall wrote: »
    They probably mean that there ARE literacy classes! :D

However, that last post of theirs is very low. Probably a consequence of frustration that they are not able to put up a coherent argument to all of klaz’s well reasoned posts. So they go for the insults.

Latest in a long line.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sarapci

You are spot on there. Imagine they thought that they would become an EU member. Hopefully never.

Erdogan is a horrible pos

Please take a note that nearly 50% of Turkish living in Turkey people do not agree with Erdogan’s policies or similar extemist actions.
    As a side note, in recent elections, only 16% of Turkish people resident in Ireland voted in favor of Erdogan’s side, meaning 84% of Turks living in Ireland are in opposition to Erdogan.

Sarapci wrote: »
    Please take a note that nearly 50% of Turkish living in Turkey people do not agree with Erdogan’s policies or similar extemist actions.
    As a side note, in recent elections, only 16% of Turkish people resident in Ireland voted in favor of Erdogan’s side, meaning 84% of Turks living in Ireland are in opposition to Erdogan.

50% do agree with Erdogans policies. Turkey will never be an EU member. Not one European nation wants them . No thanks

And that 16% who are living here are not compatible if those are the views they hold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Sarapci

50% do agree with Erdogans policies. Turkey will never be an EU member. Not one European nation wants them . No thanks

And that 16% who are living here are not compatible if those are the views they hold.

Totally agree with these.

But it also should not mean to be a point hate all turks (it was mentioned in the thread) because of what the government or some supporters are doing. I believe this applies to any country worldwide.

Sarapci wrote: »
    Totally agree with these.

But it also should not mean to be a point hate all turks (it was mentioned in the thread) because of what the government or some supporters are doing. I believe this applies to any country worldwide.

Fair enough. Good point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

France went into lockdown this morning in order to try to contain the worldwide Covid pandemic. But that's not the only pandemic that the citizens of that country have to endure. With migrants decapitating the heads of teachers and church goers in the country, President Macron is deploying thousands of extra soldiers onto the streets today in order to protect its citizens. In the meantime, an Afghan migrant was arrested in Lyon yesterday who was armed with a knife as he was about to board a tram. Also in Lyon and other cities, there are videos of Turkish and Azeri nationals looking for Christian Armenians.

The common denominator of the migrants perpetrating these atrocities and attacks is their Muslim faith. It must be obvious to Europeans by now that people with this mindset should not be allowed into the region, and those who are radicals should be immediately removed. Ireland should learn from the events across Europe and take the preemptive approach of not allowing people with radical Islam tendencies to remain in our country, as it is just inviting similar incidents in this country. When these radicals walk the streets of Ireland, they do not see us as just Irish citizens, but as infidels that do not deserve to live. They want us dead. The Irish government should not facilitate this type of hate, and they should re-examine their approach of implementing their version of multiculturalism in Ireland ........ without the consent of the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

The funny thing being that literacy relates to reading/writing, not speaking/listening.:D (Pronunciation being related to speaking, if the other poster still doesn't get it)

I was hoping the classes might suit you,because then you might realise the difficulty people may have pronouncing words in a language that is not their native one.

Kivaro wrote: »
    France went into lockdown this morning in order to try to contain the worldwide Covid pandemic. But that's not the only pandemic that the citizens of that country have to endure. With migrants decapitating the heads of teachers and church goers in the country, President Macron is deploying thousands of extra soldiers onto the streets today in order to protect its citizens. In the meantime, an Afghan migrant was arrested in Lyon yesterday who was armed with a knife as he was about to board a tram. Also in Lyon and other cities, there are videos of Turkish and Azeri nationals looking for Christian Armenians.

The common denominator of the migrants perpetrating these atrocities and attacks is their Muslim faith. It must be obvious to Europeans by now that people with this mindset should not be allowed into the region, and those who are radicals should be immediately removed. Ireland should learn from the events across Europe and take the preemptive approach of not allowing people with radical Islam tendencies to remain in our country, as it is just inviting similar incidents in this country. When these radicals walk the streets of Ireland, they do not see us as just Irish citizens, but as infidels that do not deserve to live. They want us dead. The Irish government should not facilitate this type of hate, and they should re-examine their approach of implementing their version of multiculturalism in Ireland ........ without the consent of the people.

While I agree with you, the problem is that millions of Muslims never become radicalised, and have no interest in anything beyond providing for their families. So, western nations who advocate not painting the whole due to the behavior of a relative minority, are blocked from doing anything about it. They can't stop immigration based on religious beliefs, since there's no way to differentiate between a radical muslim, and a moderate.

It comes back to sleeper cells, and 2nd/3rd gen groups. Any person wishing to cause harm will lay low, making the right noises until they're ready to be weaponised. And even though, it's been noted the children of migrants tend to gravitate towards disorder/crime/extremism, they'll have the awareness (from growing up in the west) on how to hide their intentions.

So. I'm not sure what the answer here is... apart from the obvious hardline stance of simply refusing Muslims access to Europe, but I don't really think that's going to be accepted as being reasonable.

I was hoping the classes might suit you,because then you might realise the difficulty people may have pronouncing words in a language that is not their native one.

The irony is that I've taught adult literacy classes, along with oral training for both Travellers and migrants... just as I'm a lecturer in Asia, where pronunciation of English is often... messy.

In any case, this line of argument is utterly retarded, and I have no interest discussing it with you. Now, if you want to discuss multiculturalism... great. Otherwise, based on your contributions so far, I have no reason not to see you as a troll looking to push buttons, hoping to elicit some kind of emotional (reportable) response.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pixel Eater

While I agree with you, the problem is that millions of Muslims never become radicalised, and have no interest in anything beyond providing for their families. So, western nations who advocate not painting the whole due to the behavior of a relative minority, are blocked from doing anything about it. They can't stop immigration based on religious beliefs, since there's no way to differentiate between a radical muslim, and a moderate.

It comes back to sleeper cells, and 2nd/3rd gen groups. Any person wishing to cause harm will lay low, making the right noises until they're ready to be weaponised. And even though, it's been noted the children of migrants tend to gravitate towards disorder/crime/extremism, they'll have the awareness (from growing up in the west) on how to hide their intentions.

So. I'm not sure what the answer here is... apart from the obvious hardline stance of simply refusing Muslims access to Europe, but I don't really think that's going to be accepted as being reasonable.

They could end this sort of bulls@*h for a start. Even the small few that are involved in terrorism can't be deported.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/jailed-jihadist-wins-his-appeal-against-loss-of-irish-citizenship-39626614.html

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kivaro wrote: »
    In the meantime, an Afghan migrant was arrested in Lyon yesterday who was armed with a knife as he was about to board a tram. Also in Lyon and other cities, there are videos of Turkish and Azeri nationals looking for Christian Armenians.
    Import Middle East, become Middle East.

Baizou politicians and NGOs think that once refugees step onto land in Europe they will want to adopt our values.
    I'd say that is exemption rather than the rule.

They could end this sort of bulls@*h for a start. Even the small few that are involved in terrorism can't be deported.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/jailed-jihadist-wins-his-appeal-against-loss-of-irish-citizenship-39626614.html

Jailed jihadist wins his appeal against loss of Irish citizenship

At the same time in Demark, another EU country:
    Denmark passes law to strip Daesh fighters of nationality

The law enables the government to revoke the citizenship of dual nationals while they are abroad, even without a court ruling

• Advertisement

On the subject of Denmark:
    Denmark to criminalise foreign funding for mosques in effort to ‘counter extremism’

The Danish government’s proposed bill comes after it was revealed by the Danish newspaper Berlingske in January that Saudi Arabia had been sending around $790,000 to the Taiba Mosque in the capital Copenhagen through its embassy.

The government would criminalise the funding of mosques in the country by any individuals, organisations, or even countries which “oppose or undermine democratic values, fundamental freedoms and human rights.”

Advertisement