Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

TBH I wouldn't have remembered the elections were happening except for RTE promoting it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

Wow wow wow. This seems to be a day of shocks for me, all kinds. That’s actually properly disgusting. How can someone who tweets something like this look at themselves in the mirror? I’ll never understand it.

The page is down now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

What did it say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Take the African community in Ireland for example huge number are scumbags and ittakes away from the smaller minority that good folk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

nj27 wrote: »
    What did it say

Screenshot-2020-11-04-12-44-09-995-com-twitter-android.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Screenshot-2020-11-04-12-44-09-995-com-twitter-android.jpg

That is absolutely vile.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    That is absolutely vile.

Why? Genuinely curious...

Since covid hit Europe, I've seen much worse than that... some on boards (there were at least three large threads with worse comments about China and Chinese people), and a lot more on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭Cordell

It doesn't make this any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭CharlesMartel

Twitter what a waste of time. The scumbags insulting the gormless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭enricoh

We need loads of migrants coming here to pay our pensions, this scumbag was confused n thought he was to take our pensions!
    We really are taking in any dregs that turn up.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40077257.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

enricoh wrote: »
    We need loads of migrants coming here to pay our pensions, this scumbag was confused n thought he was to take our pensions!
    We really are taking in any dregs that turn up.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40077257.html
    Just in case anybody misses the story here:
    "A Romanian national begging on the street targeted two elderly people, told them made-up sob stories for years and gradually got them to hand over their entire life savings, scamming a grand total of €330,000."

I know that some on here on boards will blame the gullibility of the elderly Irish natives who fell victim of this scam, but the reality is that there are a lot of older Irish people unprepared for this type of imported onslaught.

We are more than likely talking about a Roma Gypsy who perpetrated this crime. For the life of me, I cannot think of a valid reason why Roma Gypsies are allowed en masse into Ireland. All I hear about is terrible stories of thief, begging and criminality from these people.

My own unforgettable experience with them was at the wake of a well-known young local hurler where there were hundreds of people lined up to pay their respects at a funeral home. A car passed by and noticed the crowd and pulled over and 4 young Roma Gypsy men popped out and proceeded to beg from everyone who were standing waiting to go into the funeral home. They would not leave the mourners alone until the Gardai were called, and then they got into the car with great merriment, making sure that their laughter was heard deep into the crowd.

I will gladly listen to any alternative positive stories of Roma Gypies in Ireland ..... if there are any out there.

Kivaro wrote: »
    I will gladly listen to any alternative positive stories of Roma Gypies in Ireland ..... if there are any out there.

That's nice, but the article states it was a Romanian who was involved, and I don't see any reference to the Roma Gyspies.. so.. no, I'm not particularly interested in bitching about foreign Travellers.

In any case, yes, they (the Irish) should have known better. 300k? bloody hell. Irish people were never that gullible, since we had our own scam artists to contend with. Nope. No sympathy as such from me. Yes, it's terrible that it happened, but.. this is the real world. Don't be a fool.

I post this:
    I know that some on here on boards will blame the gullibility of the elderly Irish natives who fell victim of this scam, but the reality is that there are a lot of older Irish people unprepared for this type of imported onslaught.
    And the very next post starts with the victim blaming. Whatever you want to call these Irish pensioners, they were still victims of criminal acts by this Romanian. The judge in the case called it "merciless exploitation".
    ..... In any case, yes, they (the Irish) should have known better. 300k? bloody hell. Irish people were never that gullible, since we had our own scam artists to contend with. Nope. No sympathy as such from me. Yes, it's terrible that it happened, but.. this is the real world. Don't be a fool.
    I accept that you have no sympathy for the victims, but many of us do.

Foolish or vulnerable, likely a bit of both. I'd imagine they were completely unprepared for that level of deceitful scumbaggery.

I hope this tramp is not allowed stay on Ireland after he is let out in about 2 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Foolish or vulnerable, likely a bit of both. I'd imagine they were completely unprepared for that level of deceitful scumbaggery.

I hope this tramp is not allowed stay on Ireland after he is let out in about 2 years.

After my dad had to be cared for in the nursing home I found dozens of Jehovas Wirness pamphlets. Some people are not foolish but ill and being taken advantage of.

I hope every scum bag has a cellmate with an elderly relative and gets a good kicking in jail.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    One of the most sickening things I have read on here has to be siding with scum who swingle the elderly and vulnerable.

Are you claiming that i'm siding with the people who did this? you are way out of order. Go on, show where in any of my writing where I did that, otherwise, I'd like an apology.
    I post this: And the very next post starts with the victim blaming.

You set up the discussion when you prefaced your post with that statement. What? you think posters will be silent because you've unleashed the guilt trip?

Victim blaming, is such an incredibly negative concept that has been allowed to breed in our society. Personal responsibility. The elderly couple were foolish. That foolishness is on them.
    Whatever you want to call these Irish pensioners, they were still victims of criminal acts by this Romanian. The judge in the case called it "merciless exploitation".

You sought to pass this on to the Roma Gypsies, so I'd imagine you have some beef with them, rather than talk about the details in the article (or provided some evidence of the connection). Had you done so, I'd have more belief that this is about the elderly couple, and not plugging your own bias.
    I accept that you have no sympathy for the victims, but many of us do.

Sure. And that's your call...

Victim blaming, is such an incredibly negative concept that has been allowed to breed in our society. Personal responsibility. The elderly couple were foolish. That foolishness is on them.
    It's a pity that you are doubling down on blaming the elderly victims of this crime.
    You sought to pass this on to the Roma Gypsies, so I'd imagine you have some beef with them, rather than talk about the details in the article (or provided some evidence of the connection). Had you done so, I'd have more belief that this is about the elderly couple, and not plugging your own bias.
    Plugging my bias?
    Here is the info on the criminal:
    "During all this time, over a period of seven years, Iosca was being paid social welfare allowance, disability payments, rent allowance, child allowance and travel allowance, generating a further family income of €650 per week."
    So, not only was he creaming it on our social welfare system, he was also a full time professional beggar for the 7 years he was in Ireland. And you are having major issues of him depicted as a Roma Gypsy.

I'll let you with this from the court details:
    "Throughout this investigation, Bradut Iosca showed no remorse for his actions or for the financial constraints both victims now find themselves in."
    Compassion would be expected by most people reading about this case, and the manner in which you are portraying the elderly victims is distasteful, and your lack of sympathy is duly noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

It's a pity that you are doubling down on blaming the elderly victims of this crime.

Plugging my bias?
    "During all this time, over a period of seven years, Iosca was being paid social welfare allowance, disability payments, rent allowance, child allowance and travel allowance, generating a further family income of €650 per week."
    So, not only was he creaming it on our social welfare system, he was also a full time professional beggar for the 7 years he was in Ireland. And you are having major issues of him depicted as a Roma Gypsy.

"Throughout this investigation, Bradut Iosca showed no remorse for his actions or for the financial constraints both victims now find themselves in."
    Compassion would be expected by most people reading about this case, and the manner in which you are portraying the elderly victims is distasteful, and your lack of sympathy is duly noted.

That's mental and all the bleeding hearts/NGOs will tell you that these are all gonna be doctors and engineers and they'll be paying our pensions. Besides begging, having loads of kids and sponging ,they don't do anything else . Even normal Romanians hate gypsies

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I know of several Roma families here where the husband goes out to work a full week in places like factories and warehouses and they would have a normal family life. You wouldn't even guess they were Roma apart from the mother wearing long skirts. It's important to note that there are many different sub-ethnicities and clans within Roma, and their lifestyle and even their language differs greatly. You might notice some women wearing a burgundy coloured velvet skirt with a white geometric trim at the bottom and often a white headscarf-I know they're from Eastern Romania/Moldova or even as far as the Caucuses.

I don't get this desire to twist things. Personal responsibility does not negate the responsibility of the people who caused the scam. The Romanian is responsible for what he did, and the people involved are responsible for not being careful with their money. This is not excusing the crime, as much as you want to suggest it is.

This wasn't the giving a hundred euros to a beggar, or falling to a minor scam. This was a lot of money, so, yes, I would consider them to be extremely foolish.. and responsible for their own foolishness.
    Plugging my bias?

Major issues? Where did I say that? I had an issue with you plugging the Roma gypsy line... and using it to whip up condemnation against that group.

Again, deal with what I've written, and stop with the emotional outbursts.

Links to the details on his background? I've looked at a variety of articles, and I don't see the info you just posted. Not that I'm saying it's not true, but... come on... provide the links which provide your "quoted" details.

And I have no issue with any of that. I do believe anyone to be taken in by such scams to be foolish, and I do feel that the man should be punished for what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

This week youth Labour had a similar campaign online. There was a time Labour would of gotten a vote from me but definitely no more. I remember why the amendment passed so easily.

If you have the required skills for work where you can support yourself and your children then I have no issues with you applying for Citizenship after a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

That's mental and all the bleeding hearts/NGOs will tell you that these are all gonna be doctors and engineers and they'll be paying our pensions. Besides begging, having loads of kids and sponging ,they don't do anything else . Even normal Romanians hate gypsies

Used to think Klaz was one of the best posters on this thread, can't believe he is blaming two elderly pensioners for trying to help someone.
    Of course they were foolish but the question has to be how no one in their banks asked why they were taking out so much money.
    This guy arrived in the country without ever contributing a cent and was funded to the tune of 650 euro a week. Does anyone in SW never investigate these.

Plugging my bias?

WTF are we doing with the likes of him here costing the state that sort of money.

Again, deal with what I've written, and stop with the emotional outbursts.

Links to the details on his background? I've looked at a variety of articles, and I don't see the info you just posted. Not that I'm saying it's not true, but... come on... provide the links which provide your "quoted" details.
    Emotional outbursts? Yikes.
    You are the one that's digging the big hole.

And now you want me to provide links about his welfare benefits while he was in Ireland? But since you used "" above to highlight your doubt on what I said, here you go:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2020/1106/1176429-sentence-deceiving-elderly/

It really was not very difficult to find. Not sure of the variety of articles that you looked at, or how hard you tried. I'm going to leave you at it from here, as your lack of sympathy in this case is somewhat bewildering.

Used to think Klaz was one of the best posters on this thread, can't believe he is blaming two elderly pensioners for trying to help someone.
    Of course they were foolish but the question has to be how no one in their banks asked why they were taking out so much money.
    This guy arrived in the country without ever contributing a cent and was funded to the tune of 650 euro a week. Does anyone in SW never investigate these.
    I honestly thought it was a different Klaz that was posting e.g. Klaaz or someone like that, and had to double-check that it was the poster above. A bit surprised alright.

Where is the blame? I said that they were foolish. You said that they were foolish. Kivaro is seeking to remove all responsibility from victims and pass it elsewhere. I don't agree with that. We should be encouraging a world where people are responsible for their own behavior/choices, not giving them a free pass. It doesn't mean that the perpetrator is being excused for what they did.

The claim of Victim blaming is dangerous because it's often used to pass responsibility away and to set others up for abuse. We've seen this happen with women who have been assaulted, where the circumstances of the assault have no importance because the women were victims. No lessons to be learned. No suggestion that women take care of themselves, but rather, the focus is entirely placed elsewhere. And the same will happen here with this scam, or other scams that will occur in the future.

sabat wrote: »
    I know of several Roma families here where the husband goes out to work a full week in places like factories and warehouses and they would have a normal family life. You wouldn't even guess they were Roma apart from the mother wearing long skirts. It's important to note that there are many different sub-ethnicities and clans within Roma, and their lifestyle and even their language differs greatly. You might notice some women wearing a burgundy coloured velvet skirt with a white geometric trim at the bottom and often a white headscarf-I know they're from Eastern Romania/Moldova or even as far as the Caucuses.
    Interesting information.
    Thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Emotional outbursts? Yikes.
    You are the one that's digging the big hole.

And now you want me to provide links about his welfare benefits while he was in Ireland? But since you used "" above to highlight your doubt on what I said, here you go:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2020/1106/1176429-sentence-deceiving-elderly/

It really was not very difficult to find. Not sure of the variety of articles that you looked at, or how hard you tried. I'm going to leave you at it from here, as your lack of sympathy in this case is somewhat bewildering.

Look. Lets make this easy. Any evidence to show that this Romanian man was of the Roma Gypsies? Since that was my main objection to your OP, and the basis for your rant about Roma Gypsies? (asking others to join in on condemning them)

And thank you for providing the link to your quoted piece. It's generally standard practice to provide such references when quoting external sources.

I used "quoted piece" not to show doubt, but to ask for the link.

Advertisement