Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Vieira82

Marcos wrote: »
    This could easily have gone into the Covid threads.

Cork man in court over alleged fraudulent PUP claims.

It seems to be relating to this investigation of €165,000 in (allegedly) fraudulent PUP claims which Gardai believe will not be recovered.

Yay diversity.

Oh and before anybody starts with all the but the Irish scangers and criminals are worse, much worse*. They may be, but you won't find anyone on here defending them. This is an example of a negative side of multiculturalism, one that it's defenders and adherents don't wish to acknowledge. But the fact is that this money is money we're going to have to pay back either in higher taxes, cutbacks and less services all the while more people are coming in and demanding access to those services, so pushing others to the back of the queue.

*Or any of the other usual deflections we see whenever something is raised that certain parties don't want to acknowledge so bring up things like but the IRA / The Irish travelled all over the world so we owe it to the world to let everyone immigrate here / The Irish are so racist / The Irish are inbred and need some foreign blood etc. I think I have them all, but I'm sure if I've missed some people will tell me.

Funny that you didn't mention poor Mary O’Callaghan, aged 52 in court for the exact same thing:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40149317.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Vieira82 wrote: »
    Funny that you didn't mention poor Mary O’Callaghan, aged 52 in court for the exact same thing:

You're working of the false theory that we think that there's no Irish criminals. It's been said many times that there is, and that we acknowledge their existence. It should be obvious what the difference is though, but it seems I'll have to point it out. We can't do much but prosecute Irish criminals. We can though not take in mass amounts of people from devolving countries, with no skills, who are more likely to get involved in crime than skilled people. I'm sure you'll claim the last sentence is racist, but it's simply the truth, so I don't care.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ah yes, it's time for the what about.......

We are unfortunately stuck with Mary and her ilk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

No it doesn't because I'm talking about thousands upon thousands of people both african and of european descent leaving massive countries like Mozambique and Angola en mass to a tiny country like Portugal all in the space of two years to escape the civil wars.

The influx of people was massive and all of them into shanty towns that took the govs decades to remove and relocate those populations. Thankfully there is much more integration now and less crime but growing up in the 80s and 90s in some parts of Lisbon, Porto and Faro you'd be lucky not to find blatant crimes being practice like broad daylight heavy drug use, drug trafficking, prostitution and gang fights.

Things are much better and if you think what you see in Ireland from these comunities is bad you honestly have no clue.

Also it was said here these "groups" of Africans in certain parts of Dublin. Please do show proof these Africans are comitting crimes. Though you'd be surprise how easy it is to find on youtube videos of people being abused by fair skinned irish teenagers.

Please also adress how the increased drug problem in Ireland has a connection with these minorities as it seems that everytime you hear it on the news is all Irish gangs and Irish lads being killed in it...

Or are you implying there's an African kingpin behind the gangland crimes of the last few years? :D

I was the first one to reply to your nonsense. I provided links. You seem to have missed my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Marcos wrote: »
    This could easily have gone into the Covid threads.

Cork man in court over alleged fraudulent PUP claims.

It seems to be relating to this investigation of €165,000 in (allegedly) fraudulent PUP claims which Gardai believe will not be recovered.

Yay diversity.

Oh and before anybody starts with all the but the Irish scangers and criminals are worse, much worse*. They may be, but you won't find anyone on here defending them. This is an example of a negative side of multiculturalism, one that it's defenders and adherents don't wish to acknowledge. But the fact is that this money is money we're going to have to pay back either in higher taxes, cutbacks and less services all the while more people are coming in and demanding access to those services, so pushing others to the back of the queue.

*Or any of the other usual deflections we see whenever something is raised that certain parties don't want to acknowledge so bring up things like but the IRA / The Irish travelled all over the world so we owe it to the world to let everyone immigrate here / The Irish are so racist / The Irish are inbred and need some foreign blood etc. I think I have them all, but I'm sure if I've missed some people will tell me.

Our scumbags are still here not migrating though. Were not getting a trade off here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I was the first one to reply to your nonsense. I provided links. You seem to have missed my post.

Just over 2 years ago a significant "Incident" occured in South Dublin,which saw the Gardaí being forced to withdraw from the area for over 4 hours,in order to secure an emergency Court sitting.

At the time I found it quite significant that the State's security service had to surrender authority over the area,as a result of which I would suggest much of the evidence simply evaporated ;)

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-fear-footage-of-assault-on-officers-will-be-circulated-on-social-media-36858579.html

The incident was also covered by another of our "Quality" daily titles,albeit with certain details being....misplaced ?...omitted ?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda-hit-with-metal-baseball-bat-during-dublin-18-incident-1.3478049

It was a serious incident,but as far as I know,very little has appeared in the media about any follow on result ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

There's not one of ye give a crap about those gardai or anything that happened to them afterwards.
    Only interested in scoring points about who the attackers were.
    I can tell you, it doesn't matter a bit to those members what the colour of their skin was.

bubblypop wrote: »
    There's not one of ye give a crap about those gardai or anything that happened to them afterwards.
    Only interested in scoring points about who the attackers were.
    I can tell you, it doesn't matter a bit to those members what the colour of their skin was.

Where are you pulling that assumption out of? Anything solid to base that on?
    Nope? Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yet you don't mind increasing Irish emissions by the importation of Africans.

You probably want the national herd cut at the same time.

Mod:

Don't post in this thread again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

AlekSmart wrote: »
    It was a serious incident,but as far as I know,very little has appeared in the media about any follow on result ?
    You will probably find Alek, that the reason why very little if anything appeared in follow up reporting on the vicious attack on the Guards is due to the following (from the original report):
    All the men linked to the attacks are believed to be Nigerian.

• Advertisement

Where are you pulling that assumption out of? Anything solid to base that on?
    Nope? Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Not one word about the injured gardai in that post, which is quite regular with these type of posts.

Seriously? Good lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

TomTomTim wrote: »
    You're working of the false theory that we think that there's no Irish criminals. It's been said many times that there is, and that we acknowledge their existence.

As for that woman, also engaging in (alleged) welfare fraud, though on a much lesser scale than the first gentleman, nobody here is defending anyone engaging in that type of behaviour or pleading on their behalf.
    TomTomTim wrote: »
    It should be obvious what the difference is though, but it seems I'll have to point it out. We can't do much but prosecute Irish criminals. We can though not take in mass amounts of people from devolving countries, with no skills, who are more likely to get involved in crime than skilled people. I'm sure you'll claim the last sentence is racist, but it's simply the truth, so I don't care.

Yes, I stated that the example I posted was an example of a negative side of multiculturalism and predicted there would be whataboutery in an attempt to deflect from that. It looks like I didn't have to wait long for an example. :rolleyes:

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

In an abstract sense I think multiculturalism is a good thing in Ireland. I have a few reasons for that. The easiest one to articulate is that it might mitigate the dominance of the Catholic church here, which I view as a negative force and has undue influence on certain areas of society in particular education. Even outside of that I don't have a super-high opinion of Irish culture. (I am Irish.)

In a tangible sense, my experience with new cultural groups in Ireland has been positive.

I've worked with a good few Polish, Turkish and Indian people. I've also taught a lot of Indian people at third level. I have good opinions of all of these groups. I've worked with smaller numbers of various other cultural groups and have generally liked them too.

I lived in an area that was predominantly Polish and it was nice. Then the main employer of the people there pulled its operations and the area went to sh!t, after undesirable types of Irish people replaced them.

I'm not really into facilitating fake refugees with an appalling sense of entitlement, of whom I have dealt with a few. Taking a fair share of genuine refugees is the only decent thing to do though.

grassylawn wrote: »
    In an abstract sense I think multiculturalism is a good thing in Ireland. I have a few reasons for that. The easiest one to articulate is that it might mitigate the dominance of the Catholic church here, which I view as a negative force and has undue influence on certain areas of society in particular education. Even outside of that I don't have a super-high opinion of Irish culture. (I am Irish.)

The direct influence of the RCC in Ireland has essentially disappeared, beyond the church attendees, and a few bastions, which can't replace the priests/nuns/brothers who grow old and die. In education, their influence has dropped considerably.. and will continue to drop. There's little interest in keeping religious institutions going anymore... there's more money in selling off the choice properties, and shipping the priests/nuns off to retirement homes.

In any case, the RCC has a greater degree of influence abroad in 3rd world nations, so, immigration would be bringing in people who are faithful, rather than dissipating the RCC's influence. If you want the influence of the RCC to be gone, you should be wanting less multiculturalism, since public opinion here has shifted.
    In a tangible sense, my experience with new cultural groups in Ireland has been positive.

I've worked with a good few Polish, Turkish and Indian people. I've also taught a lot of Indian people at third level. I have good opinions of all of these groups. I've worked with smaller numbers of various other cultural groups and have generally liked them too.

I lived in an area that was predominantly Polish and it was nice. Then the main employer of the people there pulled its operations and the area went to sh!t, after undesirable types of Irish people replaced them.

I'm not really into facilitating fake refugees with an appalling sense of entitlement, of whom I have dealt with a few. Taking a fair share of genuine refugees is the only decent thing to do though.

Well, as has been said before, few people have any issues with those who work and seek to integrate, or even those who avoid trouble. The Polish, being eurocentric have a common culture with Irish people (funnily enough the RCC plays heavily in this), and Indians are usually just interested in keeping their heads down, and working.

The problem isn't with individuals. The problem is when numbers increase substantially, and enclaves invariably form, as has been seen throughout Europe, and just about any country that has allowed in any 'decent' amounts of immigration. In some cases, this isn't so much of a problem since they're skillfully employed and making enough money to live to a good standard. The problem is more when we have a growing underclass of unskilled labor who do not have the skills/education to compete effectively with the local workforce, but more importantly, engage the social mobility that is so available within Ireland. Which will lead to bitterness and a sense of entitlement, and later, disorder. Again, this is what we've seen in many countries in Europe, ahead of us on the curve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

The problem isn't with individuals. The problem is when numbers increase substantially, and enclaves invariably form, as has been seen throughout Europe, and just about any country that has allowed in any 'decent' amounts of immigration. In some cases, this isn't so much of a problem since they're skillfully employed and making enough money to live to a good standard. The problem is more when we have a growing underclass of unskilled labor who do not have the skills/education to compete effectively with the local workforce, but more importantly, engage the social mobility that is so available within Ireland. Which will lead to bitterness and a sense of entitlement, and later, disorder. Again, this is what we've seen in many countries in Europe, ahead of us on the curve.
    And some of us keep asking why is Ireland so different in our approach to this problem. By providing them with state-of-the-art housing, the most generous welfare payments in Europe, and the many other enviable entitlements etc. that most of us do not receive, proves that throwing tax-payer money at the problem is not the solution. We are still seeing evidence of gang formation along their own cultural lines, disproportional involvement in criminality, racism against the indigenous population, and most importantly, the lack of comparative participation in the workforce.

The leaders of our country must be aware of what happened over the previous decades in other parts of Europe with similar situations of unskilled/uneducated migrants, but yet they are repeating the very same mistakes that have drastically reduced the quality of life/quality of existence for the native populations of these areas. So our leaders in Ireland by implementing an already-proven flawed migration process must be either intellectually deficient or highly blinkered. I am guessing the latter.

Kivaro wrote: »
    The leaders of our country must be aware of what happened over the previous decades in other parts of Europe with similar situations of unskilled/uneducated migrants, but yet they are repeating the very same mistakes that have drastically reduced the quality of life/quality of existence for the native populations of these areas. So our leaders in Ireland by implementing an already-proven flawed migration process must be either intellectually deficient or highly blinkered. I am guessing the latter.

Well, when it comes to politicians in a democratic system what exactly are they qualified to do? Sure, they will have a third level education, but they will be placed in positions regardless of their backgrounds. As such, they will be listening to advisors... advisors chosen by them, and whom we won't know of their biases, or interests.

I don't think our politicians are retards. I just think most of them are completely unprepared to lead their positions. We (Ireland) don't prepare our politicians to make the kind of decisions that they're expected to make. That doesn't mean I excuse them, because they chose this area to be employed in, but it does have bearing on what happens.

The problem with Ireland is that we've never really tried to resolve the inherent problems within our society, beyond making virtuous gestures, and firmly avoiding any of the hardline approaches. Travellers for example, are probably in a worse position in Irish society than ever before, in spite of all the money thrown at them, and the giving of a "special" status. Rather than seeking to absorb them into Irish society, the government has pushed them further to the borders of society, simply reinforcing that they're different, and encouraging Native Irish people to feel bitterness over all the benefits they receive.

We really need to start resolving the problems within Irish society before encouraging immigration from non-western nations. Westerners, typically, can integrate well without needing State supplements, but others won't be. We need to deal with the problems of teenage violence which existed before our range of migrants appeared, but few people want to make any unpopular decisions, and so, only wishy-washy feel good initiatives are done, which have proven to be unsuccessful in both Ireland, and other countries, like the US.

Most of all we need to ensure that there are jobs. Jobs that can reasonably provide a standard of life that is comparable with the Middle class in Ireland, so that immigrants and Irish natives, have the capacity to develop their lifestyles. There are too many jobs which are barely on the minimum wage, and while it's great that people get employed, they can't survive without State supports. That's dangerous, considering the constant shift in the Wealth divide that exists in all countries.

The thing that bothers me so much about immigration is how unprepared Ireland is. The problems associated are pushed into the shadows and ignored. Rather than prepare, acknowledging the problems that are likely to arise, creating systems to process and resolve those problems, the focus is on showing others how magnanimous we are.

I said this before, and I'll say it again. The people who push so hard for immigration aren't doing the immigrants any favors, because we don't have a successful system to integrate them. We don't have the educational resources to cater to their needs, to make them capable of competing with Irish people, in a short period of time. We don't have the extra facilities/resources in the health service to adequately help them, without taking resources away from Irish people. We don't... I could go on, but I won't.

The ineptitude of the overall approach bugs me. I'm not against immigration. I'm fine with helping others out. I'm against this lackluster approach that doesn't help anyone, but merely defers problems for the next government or generation to fix, but who in turn, push it on to the next, often adding some extra liability to the mix.

Might aswell add something to this.

Earlier I was called a racist and a bigot because I raised the point that African immigrants are often poorly educated, and will often have health needs greater than Irish people due to their backgrounds.

Malnutrition causes long term damage to the body, and is a problem throughout Africa. It's not something that will instantly disappear because someone puts steak and potatoes in front of them. Damage is done to the body that will affect them over the course of their lifetime, increasing the demands on the health service.

Availability of education is sparse throughout 3rd world nations, with variable degrees of quality, due to a lack of teachers (brain drain)(and poor standards), lack of funding, and corruption in administration, with qualifications sometimes going to whoever bribes the best. So, many Africans who arrive here will have dubious basic education, and even if they have a degree in Engineering, the value of that degree is variable.

I chose Africans as being a good example, but I could just as easily applied the same considerations to people from the M.East, S. America, etc.

Now, rather than deal with these problems, acknowledging the importance of them as factors in determining the success of migrants in a host country, or in determining the cost to the State in supporting them, we get extreme reactions and accusations. Statements twisted to present a far worse interpretation than was intended.

And that is one of the biggest problems with multiculturalism. Debate is shutdown. Practical consideration to the issues involved are shafted. We are not allowed to consider the costs to the host nation, and more importantly, the native population. What about the lowest members of our own socio-economic groups whose problems haven't been solved, and are just left hanging on to State supports? Oh, I get that boards loves to bitch about welfare, but we've never really applied any serious effort to resolving the problems, considering that the educational programs are generally out-of-date, or useless for a modern employment market.

Instead, showing our virtue, regardless of the cost to the native population, or even the cost to migrants, is all important.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

genuine actual stats will not be tolerated if they dont suit the narrative these days....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭Hamachi

No it doesn't because I'm talking about thousands upon thousands of people both african and of european descent leaving massive countries like Mozambique and Angola en mass to a tiny country like Portugal all in the space of two years to escape the civil wars.

The influx of people was massive and all of them into shanty towns that took the govs decades to remove and relocate those populations. Thankfully there is much more integration now and less crime but growing up in the 80s and 90s in some parts of Lisbon, Porto and Faro you'd be lucky not to find blatant crimes being practice like broad daylight heavy drug use, drug trafficking, prostitution and gang fights.

Things are much better and if you think what you see in Ireland from these comunities is bad you honestly have no clue.

Couple of points from my perspective on this one.

Reading your post, I’m presuming you’re Portuguese. Your country has a colonial history in Africa. Your forebears migrated there, subjugated the local population, oftentimes through force, and plundered resources for the advantage of the motherland.

Your country, Portugal, had and continues to have a responsibility to migrants from Angola, Cabo Verde, and Mozambique. If they were forced into shanty towns and driven into criminality from the ‘70s through the ‘90s, that’s on your government. If there was minimal assimilation / integration during this time, again that’s on your administration and the broader Portuguese population. Your ancestors created that mess through colonialism; it’s now the responsibility of your homeland to fix it.

Let’s compare with Ireland. Zero history of colonization. In fact, we ourselves were subjugated for centuries by the global ‘superpower’ of that era. Negligible historical links with Africa, apart from the relatively benign catholic missionaries whose agenda was primarily to deliver education.

The African-origin population in Ireland was virtually null until the late 1990s. The primary reason for the African community that exists today, is the almost ruthless exploitation of the jus soli citizenship loophole between 1998 and 2004, predominantly by Nigerians.

Yet, you have the audacity to wonder why Irish people feel aggrieved by the behavior of some Africans in this country? We’ve tolerated the arrival of thousands of people with no historical connection to this country, who subverted our immigration laws, and who have abnormally low labor force participation rates. In your view, we also now need to turn a blind eye to the social problems that are magnified by the presence of this community?

With respect, you are a guest in the country. A guest from a place with a colonial history. You have no business or right to lecture the Irish people on who we admit to this country and our future demographic composition. Please leave decisions of this nature to us, the Irish people, whose roots are deep on this island.

• Advertisement

Hamachi wrote: »
    Couple of points from my perspective on this one.

Reading your post, I’m presuming you’re Portuguese. Your country has a colonial history in Africa. Your forebears migrated there, subjugated the local population, oftentimes through force, and plundered resources for the advantage of the motherland.

Your country, Portugal, had and continues to have a responsibility to migrants from Angola, Cabo Verde, and Mozambique. If they were forced into shanty towns and driven into criminality from the ‘70s through the ‘90s, that’s on your government. If there was minimal assimilation / integration during this time, again that’s on your administration and the broader Portuguese population. Your ancestors created that mess through colonialism; it’s now the responsibility of your homeland to fix it.

Let’s compare with Ireland. Zero history of colonization. In fact, we ourselves were subjugated for centuries by the global ‘superpower’ of that era. Negligible historical links with Africa, apart from the relatively benign catholic missionaries whose agenda was primarily to deliver education.

The African-origin population in Ireland was virtually null until the late 1990s. The primary reason for the African community that exists today, is the almost ruthless exploitation of the jus soli citizenship loophole between 1998 and 2004, predominantly by Nigerians.

Yet, you have the audacity to wonder why Irish people feel aggrieved by the behavior of some Africans in this country? We’ve tolerated the arrival of thousands of people with no historical connection to this country, who subverted our immigration laws, and who have abnormally low labor force participation rates. In your view, we also now need to turn a blind eye to the social problems that are magnified by the presence of this community?

With respect, you are a guest in the country. A guest from a place with a colonial history. You have no business or right to lecture the Irish people on who we admit to this country and our future demographic composition. Please leave decisions of this nature to us, the Irish people, whose roots are deep on this island.

So, it's all non Irish living here you have a problem with then.
    At least you're consistent.

So, it's all non Irish living here you have a problem with then.
    At least you're consistent.

You took that from my post. You’re not very bright, are you?

While we’re on the topic of consistency, your unintelligent, puerile posting style is a constant.

Would love to see a fleshed out argument from you, but that’s never going to happen, is it ‘bubblypop’..

Hamachi wrote: »
    You took that from my post. You’re not very bright, are you?

While we’re on the topic of consistency, your unintelligent, puerile posting style is a constant.

Would love to see a fleshed out argument from you, but that’s never going to happen, is it ‘bubblypop’..

I don't need to argue with posters on here. It's obvious what their opinions are.
    I am not even going to comment on your personal abuse, just report it.

The poster from Portugal is living in this country ten years, legally, I'm guessing working here & paying his taxes
    His opinion is every bit as valid as anyone else living here. In fact, he actually had some insights into immigration, but you dismissed him.
    There is no discussing anything with you.

I don't need to argue with posters on here. It's obvious what their opinions are.

The poster from Portugal is living in this country ten years, legally, I'm guessing working here & paying his taxes
    His opinion is every bit as valid as anyone else living here. In fact, he actually had some insights into immigration, but you dismissed him.

There is no discussion because you didn't take the time to consider what was written. Just as the person from Portugal did with my post. Just seeking something to be outraged over.

You’re not going to argue because you can’t formulate a coherent argument. It’s as simple as that. Fire away and report me. There’s no personal abuse involved. I’m simply pointing out the self-evident fact that you don’t have the intellectual chops to participate in this debate. Your agenda is entirely transparent. Hopefully, the mods see through it.

Actually, I didn’t dismiss the Portuguese poster. My point to him is that those in glass houses are in no position to throw stones. He comes from a country with a pretty diabolical colonial history. He isn’t really in any position to lecture Irish people on our handling of multiculturalism or the degree of demographic change we are willing to permit.

One sees what one wants to see. Carry on ‘bubblypop’...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Heard Ebun Joseph on Newstalk yesterday morning around 7am bit after, saying irish schools are encouraging racism by teaching history which in turn teaches white supremacy, tbf the guy interviewer pulled her up on that allegation, about time somebody had the balls to, don't mean to be harsh but she comes across as very low on the intellect scale. She wants African history taught here and anti racism courses for all teachers and students(presumably courses taught by her), incredible people give her the time of day. People like her if given enough air time will create division and problems where none exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Heard Ebun Joseph on Newstalk yesterday morning around 7am bit after, saying irish schools are encouraging racism by teaching history which in turn teaches white supremacy, tbf the guy interviewer pulled her up on that allegation, about time somebody had the balls to, don't mean to be harsh but she comes across as very low on the intellect scale. She wants African history taught here and anti racism courses for all teachers and students(presumably courses taught by her), incredible people give her the time of day. People like her if given enough air time will create division and problems where none exist.

Is

She is regularly on the radio or writing opinion pieces in newspapers.
    All are of the same theme- Irish people are racists.

Why do they keep inviting her back on ?
    Why is anybody listening to her?

She was sent packing from the UK and now we are stuck with her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Is is regularly on the radio or writing opinion pieces in newspapers.

Was she ??? Like I’ve said before I know someone who is a colleague of her and it’s never come up that - her take is she was invited to do a PhD here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Is is regularly on the radio or writing opinion pieces in newspapers.

Could you imagine if we actually had a colonial past, she will shoot her self in the foot at some stage and will not be asked back on, Niall Boylan tbf stood up for himself on the tonight show against her ramblings, doubt he will be allowed back on with her again now. Her points are non-sensical and she never actually answers a question, just back to white supremacy she goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-newstalk-breakfast/page/2

I just listened to it. Less than 5 painful minutes of rubbish.

Teachers should have anti racism training
    University lecturers should have anti racism training
    Students should have anti racism training
    The entire curriculum should be changed
    Teaching European history is promoting white supremacy

Eject this race baiting clown from our country please

Advertisement