Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Ireland didn't sell it's soul when it joined the EU. We could have left, and still can leave, at any time. It would have been and still is, a remarkably stupid thing to do, but we could... Or we could have negotiated and demanded aspects that our sovereignty was entitled to retain.

Getting the Euro was solid, as was the opening of the borders. Economic reasons. Good reasons. But giving up control regarding our security, immigration and worse yet, our culture was just plain retarded. "Brussels" the Cultural hub and decider of what should be "protected"...

The EU is ****ed because countries didn't stand up and retain their independence in a manner that contributed to the development of the Union. We're as much to blame as anyone else for how the EU has turned out. We have always had a voice, and a surprising large number of people willing to listen... but our political representatives chose to play agendas. The Irish political landscape pushed into Europe.. bungling along, whispering "ahh, it'll be grand".

I remember the EEC and what it could have become if handled right. An economic powerhouse. Not a federal government. Meh.

Not really the general publics fault,they've been deliberately misguided about the EU, we all know what happens when you vote down an EU treaty..

"In terms of content, the proposed institutional reforms – the only ones which mattered to the drafting Convention – are all to be found in the Treaty of Lisbon. They have merely been ordered differently and split up between previous treaties. There are, however, some differences. Firstly, the noun "constitution" and the adjective "constitutional" have been banished from the text, as though they describe something inadmissible. At the same time, all mention of the symbols of the EU have been suppressed, including the flag (which already flies everywhere), and the European anthem (Beethoven's Ode to Joy). However ridiculous they seem, these decisions are significant. They are intended to chase away any suggestion that Europe may one day have a formal political status. They sound a significant retreat from European political ambition. " - D'estaing

For years on this very website I tried telling people the road it was going down only to be met with sneering and mockery from posters who had unwavering support, they never really did their homework on it...

Not really the general publics fault,they've been deliberately misguided about the EU, we all know what happens when you vote down an EU treaty..

We put them in office. hell, I've lived abroad for over a decade, but IMHO I'm still responsible as an Irish citizen.

Ignorance is no excuse. Not really. At least it shouldn't be encouraged to be one.
    For years on this very website I tried telling people the road it was going down only to be met with sneering and mockery from posters who had unwavering support, they never really did their homework on it...

I understand... I really do. It's extremely common with people who push moralistic stances or emotional issues. There is so little attention to detail anymore. Everyone relies on "experts" to draw different conclusions for them.

Personally, I've always been Pro-EU. I see the benefits. I also saw the risks, and commented on them... but I've come to the conclusion that most people don't want to be truly in control... they want others to make the decisions for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Bambi wrote: »
    Poles still hav their own currency

The reality is that european national governments have had their agency radically curtailed by both the EU and the globalisation of capital.

Poles are holding the line for now, but anyone from Poland will tell you that open borders and LGBTQWERTY are being pushed very hard there, no doubt with financial support from global capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭snotboogie

I don't know any countries people that would want to commit national and cultural suicide, the bureaucrats are well aware of that too. It's too heavy a price to pay for me, but then again some people sell their soul cheap...

You have completely avoided the question with meaningless slogans, "national suicide" "sell their soul cheap" again do you have any actual drawbacks to EU membership? Could you balance these against the positives it affords us as an exporting nation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Heres Blanchardstown in a few years

https://youtu.be/yN4WaErdoTI

• Advertisement

I've noticed over the last few weeks that, whether the video is from the US, the UK or, er, Carrigaline, the patois seems to involve the same few phrases being repeated over and over again. There's a naked excitement in the destruction and violence, even if it's their stuff that's being destroyed, and a complete absence of consequential thinking or any thought of repercussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

https://youtu.be/HymJwRKLQrU

Those black lads aren't the only ones that can have a good riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Isnt it weird how RTE can only find Anglos to tell us what cant constitute Irish nationalism or Irish ethnicity?

Interesting piece on PrimeTime anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

There was a time when the Irish media were pushing the same 'conspiracy theories'

Screen-Shot-2020-06-25-at-22-25-34.png

• Advertisement

I've noticed over the last few weeks that, whether the video is from the US, the UK or, er, Carrigaline, the patois seems to involve the same few phrases being repeated over and over again. There's a naked excitement in the destruction and violence, even if it's their stuff that's being destroyed, and a complete absence of consequential thinking or any thought of repercussions.

Because the sense of entitlement is so strong. They feel that they're entitled to have everything provided for them, so if they destroy everything, someone else will pick up the bill, and they'll come out on top.

It's hardly a surprise. Minority activism has been at play for over two decades now, first with feminism, then LBG, and now with everything else, with race having a particular trump card. (longer than two decades, but its presence has been truly strong over the last two decades)

The problem with the encouragment of multiculturalism, is that it feeds into creating minorities, all of whom are entitled to be protected. The NGO's, Charities, lobbyists, and activists have ensured that minorities know that they have this "right" to be provided everything on the backs of the white people. Which is why (as Wibbs has said) we never hear that Ethiopia is too black, or that China is too Asian. Instead, Western nations need other racial (and cultural) groups for them to be successful, dismissing that these nations were far more successful when immigration by other racial groups was extremely limited.

This isn't about dealing with reality. This is about reshaping reality. Which is why we have this crap with "chop" going on. Or the PC brigade which continues to reinvent itself, reinforcing a creed that seeks to encourage divisions. PC culture tramples on peoples rights to express themselves... and that encourages bitterness and anger, which feeds into racism, which proves that the activists are needed. With activists who are entitled to protection even when they reject the government or every aspect of society in favor of anarchy.

They're not responsible for whatever happens because they are either victims themselves, or they represent victims. So, they'll dismiss the systems that keep people safe, and dismiss any suggestion that they're responsible for any deaths or suffering caused by their movement, because they're still entitled to be protected/provided for.... and they're entitled to act against the system that provides for them.

The world has gone full retard. I swear China, Russia, etc must be laughing themselves silly right now at the self-destructive impulses of western society. All they need to do is wait, while we tear ourselves apart...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Hamachi

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Isnt it weird how RTE can only find Anglos to tell us what cant constitute Irish nationalism or Irish ethnicity?

Interesting piece on PrimeTime anyway.

The prime time piece was reasonably balanced. There was an attempt to portray those with reservations about immigration as deluded. That message didn’t really land very well in my opinion.

It’s interesting that RTÉ even broadcast that report. Perhaps the penny is finally dropping that there is a growing sense of unease across the country about the volume of the migration?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Hamachi wrote: »
    The prime time piece was reasonably balanced. There was an attempt to portray those with reservations about immigration as deluded. That message didn’t really land very well in my opinion.

It’s interesting that RTÉ even broadcast that report. Perhaps the penny is finally dropping that there is a growing sense of unease across the country about the volume of the migration?

My favourite part was, with no sense of irony, RTÉ chose to show the newly-housed refugee volunteering for the Irish homeless.

No hard questions put to her on how she got here, when she will go home since the conflict is over or how many safe countries she traveled through. The other lady, volunteering to help those from her community on the housing list - absolutely torn to bits and shamed with an old Facebook post.

Balanced, indeed. The tough questions and gotcha moment was only reserved for one “side.”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That's how it starts.

Conspiracy theorists.
    Xenophobic.
    Racists.
    Far right.

It's because they're afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Hamachi

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    My favourite part was, with no sense of irony, RTÉ chose to show the newly-housed refugee volunteering for the Irish homeless.

No hard questions put to her on how she got here, when she will go home since the conflict is over or how many safe countries she traveled through. The other lady, volunteering to help those from her community on the housing list - absolutely torn to bits and shamed with an old Facebook post.

Balanced, indeed. The tough questions and gotcha moment was only reserved for one “side.”

I’m pretty sure that they mentioned that those Syrian siblings were vetted and selected from a refugee camp in the Greek islands. I don’t have any issues with people who have a legitimate claim. I do agree though that the juxtaposition of an asylum seeker housed immediately with the local homeless was jarring. The folks in RTÉ clearly aren’t bright enough to preempt the message they inadvertently weaved into their narrative.

The most interesting commentator was the guy who referred to the 15-20% of the electorate who aren’t catered for today. In my view, this will play out in one of two ways. Either one of the existing parties will recognize this gap in the market and develop policies to attract that cohort or a new party, with a hitherto unknown, but charismatic leader will rise, to mop up those votes.

I had never heard of the Irish National Party before this evening. My view is that they won’t gain any traction with their current leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Hamachi wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure that they mentioned that those Syrian siblings were vetted and selected from a refugee camp in the Greek islands. I don’t have any issues with people who have a legitimate claim. I do agree though that the juxtaposition of an asylum seeker housed immediately with the local homeless was jarring. The folks in RTÉ clearly aren’t bright enough to preempt the message they inadvertently weaved into their narrative.

The most interesting commentator was the guy who referred to the 15-20% of the electorate who aren’t catered for today. In my view, this will play out in one of two ways. Either one of the existing parties will recognize this gap in the market and develop policies to attract that cohort or a new party, with a hitherto unknown, but charismatic leader will rise, to mop up those votes.

I had never heard of the Irish National Party before this evening. My view is that they won’t gain any traction with their current leader.

I travelled around the Greek Islands on a bike when I was younger, made friends with a local on Lesvos Island, some of the things he's posts on Facebook from that island are disgraceful, churches destroyed and defecated in, decades old olive trees cut down, locals dogs poisoned, their sheep slaughtered, houses ransacked and a video of NGOs marching through the town smiling smugly at the locals, you won't see that on MSM though..

And then we get this piece from the guardian to pull on the oul heart strings..

https://amp.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/jun/25/we-want-to-stay-refugees-struggle-to-integrate-in-greece-after-camp-life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Nesta2018

Because the sense of entitlement is so strong. They feel that they're entitled to have everything provided for them, so if they destroy everything, someone else will pick up the bill, and they'll come out on top.

It's hardly a surprise. Minority activism has been at play for over two decades now, first with feminism, then LBG, and now with everything else, with race having a particular trump card. (longer than two decades, but its presence has been truly strong over the last two decades)

Klaz, women are not a minority.

Nesta2018 wrote: »
    Klaz, women are not a minority.

They were/are in many industries, in terms of employment.

It works the same way for activism. Fact is, most activist campaigns are based around how feminism, and equality activists achieved parity for women.

That's how it starts.

Conspiracy theorists.
    Xenophobic.
    Racists.
    Far right.

It's because they're afraid.

I don't think they are afraid. They see an opportunity. The same way the more violent or extreme elements have attached themselves to "leftist" crusades. They can promote and act out on their interests, by attaching themselves to other more moderate organisations who are afraid of whats happening.

Those who advocate for the "left" have enabled the right to exist because they've labelled everyone who disagrees as being part of the far/alt right. Tell people this enough times, and they'll start to see the right as being less offensive to be part of.

It's like being called a racist. I used to hate being called it, because I was raised to believe a racist was one of the worst things to be. However, from discussions both on boards and academically, I've come to see the phrase having little to no meaning anymore. Now, I'm actually comfortable with being called a racist, because I know it involves everyone who is against unrestrained immigration, multiculturalism, or feels concerned about the complete acceptance of a foreign culture/religious groups such as Islam.

I don't believe those on the right are afraid. I believe they're in their element because people are looking for answers, and they've got a playbook already prepared... and those on the left are wonderful recruiters for the right. [I'm still not on the right... I know the dangers involved for that... ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Nesta2018

No, it's the other way round. Second wave feminism was inspired by other civil rights movements in the 1960s. Women took part in these movements and got tired of being used for tea-making and sex.

You say women were minorities in industries and employment but for many feminists, it was as much about getting recognition for the vast amount of unpaid labour women do, as well as gaining entry to paid employment. That's a whole other story but your casual depiction of women's struggle for the vote, entry to professions, ownership of property, equal pay, reproductive rights as "minority rights" is very telling.

• Advertisement

The problem with the encouragment of multiculturalism, is that it feeds into creating minorities, all of whom are entitled to be protected. The NGO's, Charities, lobbyists, and activists have ensured that minorities know that they have this "right" to be provided everything on the backs of the white people. Which is why (as Wibbs has said) we never hear that Ethiopia is too black, or that China is too Asian. Instead, Western nations need other racial (and cultural) groups for them to be successful, dismissing that these nations were far more successful when immigration by other racial groups was extremely limited.

This isn't about dealing with reality. This is about reshaping reality. Which is why we have this crap with "chop" going on. Or the PC brigade which continues to reinvent itself, reinforcing a creed that seeks to encourage divisions. PC culture tramples on peoples rights to express themselves... and that encourages bitterness and anger, which feeds into racism, which proves that the activists are needed. With activists who are entitled to protection even when they reject the government or every aspect of society in favor of anarchy.

They're not responsible for whatever happens because they are either victims themselves, or they represent victims. So, they'll dismiss the systems that keep people safe, and dismiss any suggestion that they're responsible for any deaths or suffering caused by their movement, because they're still entitled to be protected/provided for.... and they're entitled to act against the system that provides for them.

The world has gone full retard. I swear China, Russia, etc must be laughing themselves silly right now at the self-destructive impulses of western society. All they need to do is wait, while we tear ourselves apart...

The Chinese even have a derogatory term for the multiculturalist left:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Baizuo (/ˈbaɪˌdzwɔː/; Chinese: 白左 báizuǒ, literally White Left) is a derogatory Chinese neologism and political epithet used to refer to Western leftist ideologies primarily espoused by white people. The term baizuo is related to the term shèngmǔ (圣母, 聖母, literally "Blessed Mother"), a sarcastic reference to those whose political opinions are perceived as being guided by emotions or a hypocritical show of selflessness and empathy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baizuo

I don't blame immigrant populations for agitating on their own behalf, even though that inevitably comes at the expense of the host population. Even when multiracialism results in rioting, violence and white flight, the newcomers are simply doing what it's in the nature of every group - to expand, explore new territory, clear a living space for themselves, and conquer the natives.

The real problem here is why so many of our own people have been trained to agitate for the out-group, and against their own interests. The greatest achievement of global capital has been to convince these people that they're fighting the good fight on behalf of the underdog, while they do exactly what global capital wants by breaking down barriers to profit like borders, culture and nationhood.

This is where the reshaping of reality comes in. They talk about "minorities" in Ireland, who come from countries with populations of over 200 million. They talk about "diversity," when this ultimately amounts to ethnic cleansing. Thought crime is "hate speech," etc.

Nesta2018 wrote: »
    No, it's the other way round. Second wave feminism was inspired by other civil rights movements in the 1960s. Women took part in these movements and got tired of being used for tea-making and sex.

You say women were minorities in industries and employment but for many feminists, it was as much about getting recognition for the vast amount of unpaid labour women do, as well as gaining entry to paid employment. That's a whole other story but your casual depiction of women's struggle for the vote, entry to professions, ownership of property, equal pay, reproductive rights as "minority rights" is very telling.

It's telling that you would get all of that from my casting women as a minority, in a post about activism. :rolleyes:

But thank you. You've just reinforced my points nicely. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

How sad would you have to be to trawl through someones FB posts in an effort to catch them like he did to that woman in Dublin, same in Tullamore thinking he could confuse them with so called awkward questions but it backfired on both occasions.

Was surprised they showed the black fellas causing trouble, RTE usually don't want to air stuff like that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

There is room for a party that leans to the right and it would get support but Justin Barrett and the NP ain't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There is room for a party that leans to the right and it would get support but Justin Barrett and the NP ain't it.
    Absolutely.
    A right wing party with liberal social outlook (eg that aren't homophobic or anti women) would get my vote for sure.

How sad would you have to be to trawl through someones FB posts in an effort to catch them like he did to that woman in Dublin.

I was thinking about that last night. When all is said and done. Not many people bar the rabid left will treat that woman any different. Most people will not care that she said what she said.

And that is the lesson ordinary people need to take. Stop panicking at the mere accusation of wrong think. And companies stop panicking and sacking people, call their bluff. Your company will not be boycotted. It's just an empty threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭catfax

It's all in the university's, they pump out the "experts and "professionals" who are fed into the system, government, industry, media NGO's etc.

They all belong to the same social strata and think what they are doing is acceptable, its become a religion to them.

Ireland is being pushed towards the alter of progressive globalism so that it will be sacrificed upon it which is was part of the plan for the international rules based order (aka the liberal west) which took many of it's ideals from the USA but the USA is a created nation not an organic one, hence the desire to tear apart the ethnic identity of places like Ireland so there is no loyalty to the Irish people only loyalty to the political system.

Making it worse liberalism along the way decided that the rest of the world wasn't the problem, we were (anyone the white label can be applied to) so need to be "reformed". That's were all of this destructive ideology germinates from and why many do not understand why the system has seemingly turned on them.

The eastern Europeans have seen this which is why they are regularly demonized and out right slandered in western media as their governments pushed back against this system.

The only way to stop this is to change the culture of the university's producing these people but I fear we are too far gone.

The EU is unlikely to survive the next 20 years, Ireland may share the same fate as Britain in orbit of the USA, economically, culturally bound to it (also our security guarantor) but of course we will continue to be remade in North America's image and all of the drama of the USA will permeate Irish society just like the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

catfax wrote: »
    It's all in the university's, they pump out the "experts and "professionals" who are fed into the system, government, industry, media NGO's etc.

They all belong to the same social strata and think what they are doing is acceptable, its become a religion to them.

Ireland is being pushed towards the alter of progressive globalism so that it will be sacrificed upon it which is was part of the plan for the international rules based order (aka the liberal west) which took many of it's ideals from the USA but the USA is a created nation not an organic one, hence the desire to tear apart the ethnic identity of places like Ireland so there is no loyalty to the Irish people only loyalty to the political system.

Making it worse liberalism along the way decided that the rest of the world wasn't the problem, we were (anyone the white label can be applied to) so need to be "reformed". That's were all of this destructive ideology germinates from and why many do not understand why the system has seemingly turned on them.

The eastern Europeans have seen this which is why they are regularly demonized and out right slandered in western media as their governments pushed back against this system.

The only way to stop this is to change the culture of the university's producing these people but I fear we are too far gone.

The EU is unlikely to survive the next 20 years, Ireland may share the same fate as Britain in orbit of the USA, economically, culturally bound to it (also our security guarantor) but of course we will continue to be remade in North America's image and all of the drama of the USA will permeate Irish society just like the UK.
    what ???

What can't i speak english anymore? :confused:

If anything shows us where we are in 2020 it's a couple getting sacked for flying a banner saying white lives matter while a cambridge professor gets promoted days after tweeting white lives don't matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

If anything shows us where we are in 2020 it's a couple getting sacked for flying a banner saying white lives matter while a cambridge professor gets promoted days after tweeting white lives don't matter.

It's the rapidity of it all that's astounding. I remember that if you saw a coloured person anywhere, it was like seeing a giraffe walking down the street. Unheard of.

To go from that to the likes of your woman in Cambridge declaring that "white lives don't matter" in such short time is genuinely hard to fathom.

Granted that Cambridge isn't Ireland of course, but the change in discourse is still awesome in scale.

I'm trying to imagine some similarly shocking change in the near future. Watching people go from walking upright to on all fours?? Bizarre.

Advertisement