Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I watch a lot of ADV podcasts on youtube, how accurate do you think they are if u've ever seen them? They paint a fairly bleak picture for immigrants in China and also Chinese society in general. I've no idea how things are on the ground over there though.

As you can imagine, a place like China they are probably recognised as the “odd ones out”. Which may seem a little cold but as opposed to an island that is overly welcoming? It may be the smarter option in the long run.

Would be hard to put a dent in their genepool anyways, they’ll be alright.. .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

Have you ever lived in a direct provision centre?
    Here we go again..as the joke goes, " Yank arriving in Dublin Airport and gets into a taxi. Is it true Paddy, says the Yank, that if you ask an Irishman a question, he will answer you with another one? Paddy replies "Who told you that??? "
    So anyway I'll answer yours. No I have never lived in an Irish Provision centre. Now I'll ask you again, have you ever lived in any of the Countrys these people are coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

jmreire wrote: »
    Here we go again..as the joke goes, " Yank arriving in Dublin Airport and gets into a taxi. Is it true Paddy, says the Yank, that if you ask an Irishman a question, he will answer you with another one? Paddy replies "Who told you that??? "
    So anyway I'll answer yours. No I have never lived in an Irish Provision centre. Now I'll ask you again, have you ever lived in any of the Countrys these people are coming from?

I'm not answering any personal questions like that.:rolleyes:
    Why would I.

But what difference would it make if I have lived in Sudan and Poland or spent my entire life in the far west of Donegal and never left. Would either invalidate my opinion?
    Does you having not lived in a direct provision centre stop you from holding an opinion on them?

I watch a lot of ADV podcasts on youtube, how accurate do you think they are if u've ever seen them? They paint a fairly bleak picture for immigrants in China and also Chinese society in general. I've no idea how things are on the ground over there though.

I knew Serpentza when I lived in Shenzhen. He's dodged a lot of details about his own behavior in China both before he became a Youtuber and afterwards. In any case, they both choose to do shows that were critical on China, and the CCP, while living in China.. which is a utterly retarded thing to do, if you want to live there.

The problem is that China is massive, and it's not as simplistic (black/white) as they want to make it out to be. They love to present one province or district as being representative of everywhere (or make it out that the South behaves the same as the North). Sure, they do show some negative aspects which are commonplace, but none of those things were unknown before I came to China.

They're part of the group of foreigners who thought the foreign bubble, where foreigners were elevated above Chinese people (and their laws), would last forever... and couldn't accept that someday they'd be held accountable for their behavior in the country.

Foreigners who learn the rules, don't overly rock the boat, and get on with their lives have few problems in China, beyond the issues common throughout Asia. Those who expect special treatment, believe the propaganda about China changing, or expect to be treated like a westerner in a western country, are going to have a hard time. It's not rocket science.. and Serpentza should have known better.. I suspect he did. All foreigners have an expiry date with China.. and he sought a way to make an income after he left.

In many ways, I have more freedom in China than I do in a western nation. There's loads of laws, and rules, but few are enforced. You just have to keep your eyes open to shifts in the CCP meetings, and anti-foreign sentiments.. I've never had any serious problems here... and neither have most of the long-term expats I know there.

I knew Serpentza when I lived in Shenzhen. He's dodged a lot of details about his own behavior in China both before he became a Youtuber and afterwards. In any case, they both choose to do shows that were critical on China, and the CCP, while living in China.. which is a utterly retarded thing to do, if you want to live there.

The problem is that China is massive, and it's not as simplistic (black/white) as they want to make it out to be. They love to present one province or district as being representative of everywhere (or make it out that the South behaves the same as the North). Sure, they do show some negative aspects which are commonplace, but none of those things were unknown before I came to China.

They're part of the group of foreigners who thought the foreign bubble, where foreigners were elevated above Chinese people (and their laws), would last forever... and couldn't accept that someday they'd be held accountable for their behavior in the country.

Foreigners who learn the rules, don't overly rock the boat, and get on with their lives have few problems in China, beyond the issues common throughout Asia. Those who expect special treatment, believe the propaganda about China changing, or expect to be treated like a westerner in a western country, are going to have a hard time. It's not rocket science.. and Serpentza should have known better.. I suspect he did. All foreigners have an expiry date with China.. and he sought a way to make an income after he left.

In many ways, I have more freedom in China than I do in a western nation. There's loads of laws, and rules, but few are enforced. You just have to keep your eyes open to shifts in the CCP meetings, and anti-foreign sentiments.. I've never had any serious problems here... and neither have most of the long-term expats I know there.

Cool, thanks. Very interesting.

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks. Very interesting.

If you're thinking of visiting China, drop me a PM. I'm based in Xi'an at the moment, which I'd recommend. Nice 'little' city of 9 million people. :D More provincial and less polished than Shanghai or Shenzhen, but still a good way to experience what China is really like (and also a good place for spicy food without the heart attack of eating in Sichuan).

If you're thinking of visiting China, drop me a PM. I'm based in Xi'an at the moment, which I'd recommend. Nice 'little' city of 9 million people. :D More provincial and less polished than Shanghai or Shenzhen, but still a good way to experience what China is really like (and also a good place for spicy food without the heart attack of eating in Sichuan).

Cheers. No plans at the moment. Not sure why I started watching China stuff, think it's because of lockdown and came across it while browsing YouTube, it's a fascinating country in fairness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

bubblypop wrote: »
    Illegal immigrants cannot access social welfare

False.
    The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection wishes to confirm that there are no plans in place to share data we receive as part of an immigrant’s application for a #COVID19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment with GNIB or the Department of Justice and Equality. #UPDATE

https://gript.ie/social-protection-migrants-dole/

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Why?

Because I think it's good for people to be able to move around freely. However, I think it's best legally etc.

I hope to emigrate somewhere someday too. So, it will be mighty hypocritical of me to be simultaneously for and against migration.

The crux of my post was clear on that. There different types of immigration and some are more suited than others. One type of immigration I'm against is mass immigration and/or mixing cultures that are just polar opposites where culture and life-style will just clash and cause unhappiness to both parties involved.

What I disagree with wreckless behaviours of our government. They gave non-EU 3rd-level student visas that have been given to students at an increase of nearly 45% since 2013 (13,500 visas). 'Coincidently' rents went up and availability plummeted during this 45% increase. . I wonder who Dublin renters are competing within the market for rentals?

It's this kind of recklessness from the government, I don't favour. Nothing against 3rd level students coming in. But our government willing to increase non-EU 3rd level student visa to 13,500 and people wonder why they can't find a rental.

BTW, that 13,500 figure doesn't even factor in the 3-year learn-English visas or EU citizens that come to learn. Never mind EU citizens, that's fine. It's par for the course.

It's the 13,500-20,000 visas they're in control of issuing. That put real pressure on our rental market leaving locals finding it hard to find anywhere to rent.

This isn't an attack on anyone coming here to learn. It's an attack on our government.

Source: https://www.thejournal.ie/international-student-numbers-origin-ireland-2017-4643317-May2019/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Do you think Irish people are all a pasty shade of white?
    Why would having people with different colour skin cause problems in lucan?

I'm not trying to be rude but do you ever make any comment or give your opinion about anything or do you just question everyone else's?

What is your contribution? I'm interested to hear it but not im uninterested in an endless barrage of questions

• Advertisement

I hope to emigrate somewhere someday too. So, it will be mighty hypocritical of me to be simultaneously for and against migration.

You can be in favor of a "better" immigration system (whatever that might be for you) and also be against the mainstream idea of immigration.
    The crux of my post was clear on that. There different types of immigration and some are more suited than others. One type of immigration I'm against is mass immigration and/or mixing cultures that are just polar opposites where culture and life-style will just clash and cause unhappiness to both parties involved.

I think the important distinguishing factor are the expectations involved. SE Asian culture is often very different from western culture, but they have zero expectation for western nations to change to suit them.. if anything a large reason for coming this way, is because the culture is different/successful (although whether it remains successful after all the social change of the last two decades remains to be seen)

The problem is when there's an expectation that the host nation will adjust to suit the immigrants wants and desires, in order to make them more comfortable here. And when we're talking about a wide variety of cultural groups migrating to a host nation, it'll be impossible to suit everyone, but through the guise of multiculturalism and diversity, governments will bend over backwards to make it happen.

Multiculturalism, and diverse immigration can be very successful when the host country protects the domestic culture, and makes it clear that they're not going to change for foreigners. There will, naturally, be some minor adjustments to accommodate migrants on the local level, but rarely on the national. Good examples of that are Singapore, Tokyo, or Shanghai which have relatively large foreign populations, but in each case, there is a clear awareness that citizenship or residency doesn't mean much beyond the legal right to stay (and not need to renew their visas every year).

For Europe, and western nations in general, it's this need to extend "freedoms" to everyone, when typically, those freedoms don't exist outside of those western nations, and will be used against the host nation, to encourage changes that will be to the detriment of the native population (extended ethnic history as opposed to one or two generations in the region).
    What I disagree with wreckless behaviours of our government. They gave non-EU 3rd-level student visas that have been given to students at an increase of nearly 45% since 2013 (13,500 visas). 'Coincidently' rents went up and availability plummeted during this 45% increase. . I wonder who Dublin renters are competing within the market for rentals?

Non-EU students were big money for universities, and that's likely why the government sought to extend access to students. It made Ireland look good to be a sought after destination for education... which TBH I personally consider a good thing, since our international profile used to be very limited.
    It's this kind of recklessness from the government, I don't favour. Nothing against 3rd level students coming in. But our government willing to increase non-EU 3rd level student visa to 13,500 and people wonder why they can't find a rental.

Ahh well... the stupidity of Dublin is the lack of sky-rise apartment blocks.. And that falls on natives of Dublin and the government. This focus on houses, and huge residential areas is utterly idiotic considering the attraction of Dublin to just about everyone in or coming to Ireland.

My Apartment complex in Xian provides for, in the region of, four thousand people. 6 towers, 25-30 floors each, 4 large apartments per floor. There are 8 apartment complexes in my immediate area.. all with shopping, doctors, dentist, and police station nearby. That's what Dublin should be doing..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

I'm not answering any personal questions like that.:rolleyes:
    Why would I.

But what difference would it make if I have lived in Sudan and Poland or spent my entire life in the far west of Donegal and never left. Would either invalidate my opinion?
    Does you having not lived in a direct provision centre stop you from holding an opinion on them?

Robbie, I could not care less about your personal life...on the contary, in fact. I asked the question if you had travelled because travel broadens the horizons and minds, and of course shapes opinion's.
    Now assume that I was curious about either Sudan or Poland, and a hypothetical Pat from Donegal, who has never even left the County boundarys, offered me his advice, and answered my questions. But then I get talking to Patricia ( also Hypothetical and also from Donegal) but has spent much time traveling , and lived in not only Poland, but also Sudan. Now guess whose opinion I would put more weight on? But to answer your Direct Provision question in any case...my opinion, not havng lived in it, would only be as good as what I'm reading or seeing on TV. And just as valid / reliable as these sources. Which is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate. Just like a lot of pro multicultural people's opinion I think, who have never lived in any of the Countrys we are accepting migrants from.
    PS. I've lived in Sudan, so I wont need the services of Pat or Patricia, and I have absolutely no problem with sharing that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,415 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Esho wrote: »
    Multiculturalism suits the whole globalisation agenda when it comes to skilled migration.
    An Indian pal of mine is on really bad money for an IT professional, no Irish person would do his job for that money.

We've already been sold down the river-.

I agree, sold down the river lock and stock, we’ve seen the costs to our economy from the situation we speak about, but unless we..

leave the EU - the damage will have been done though, I think an appetite for a referendum is probably a decade away... that leaves us an island nation on the periphery of Europe geographically and then economically as well as socially.

Enter into an economic and travel agreement with the brits, one that is exclusively mutually beneficial.

Ultimately we just need the fûcking ability to control our borders. That’s never going to happen in the EU.

Leaving the EU would be suicide, economically, and diplomatically. We are not England. We don't have their history. Their connections. Their resources, or their population. Small countries like Ireland are not going to succeed alone especially if they manage to give the bird to all their neighbors who all are members of the same union.

And the UK/England have never cared for Ireland, except when it suited their purposes. They would simply treat us crap like the way they've always done.. and will never accept any kind of equal partnership with us.

The EU will change over time. France has realised the perils of multiculturalism. Denmark has too. Germany is trying to pretend they haven't but with rising dissatisfaction by their population, that won't last much longer. Even Sweden, the poster child of multiculturalism, is struggling to put a rosey light on all the negatives that have come with their embracing mass immigration. The EU will be forced to adapt, since the main players are losing their love affair with immigration.

As for control of our borders... that will never happen with the political parties we currently have available to us. You don't need to care about the EU. It's our own politicians you should be worried about. In any case, other EU members have denied immigration demands by the EU... but then, they had some politicians with some balls. We have politicians in love with their twitter 'likes'.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeepItLight

Leaving the EU would be suicide, economically, and diplomatically. We are not England. We don't have their history. Their connections. Their resources, or their population. Small countries like Ireland are not going to succeed alone especially if they manage to give the bird to all their neighbors who all are members of the same union.

And the UK/England have never cared for Ireland, except when it suited their purposes. They would simply treat us crap like the way they've always done.. and will never accept any kind of equal partnership with us.

The EU will change over time. France has realised the perils of multiculturalism. Denmark has too. Germany is trying to pretend they haven't but with rising dissatisfaction by their population, that won't last much longer. Even Sweden, the poster child of multiculturalism, is struggling to put a rosey light on all the negatives that have come with their embracing mass immigration. The EU will be forced to adapt, since the main players are losing their love affair with immigration.

As for control of our borders... that will never happen with the political parties we currently have available to us. You don't need to care about the EU. It's our own politicians you should be worried about. In any case, other EU members have denied immigration demands by the EU... but then, they had some politicians with some balls. We have politicians in love with their twitter 'likes'.

I'm not so hopeful. The people this hurts the most, which are working-class natives, never signed up for this in the first place. I don't see any genuine attempt to roll back these policies as likely, other than token attempts to win key demo's during election season. In reality, it's down to money. The reason for all of this is to help create an atomised consumer culture, which bereft of any sort of natural identify such as nation or race, and the absence of which will instead lead people try to create their identify through the purchases they make, their 'hot takes' on social media etc.. basically engaging with the system and making it more robust, while making ordinary people more fragmented.

This is why you see social-justice being pushed by the media, is sort of takes the leftist energy and diverts it from more dangerous paths, such as working class solidarity and unionisation etc.. and instead keeps the plebs arguing with each other about made up issues (perhaps not made up, but certainly played up).

The last thing any one of these governments wants, is an uptake in nationalism - as its the greatest threat to their position, and the big-businesses/ NGO's they're all tied up with.

DelaneyIn wrote: »

That's not illegal immigrants.
    PUP applications have to include a PPS number.
    Now there has been wide scale fraud in the whole PUP payments delivery, both Irish people and non Irish people. Working and claiming, some people claiming up to 30 different payments a week, millions have been claimed fraudulently.
    However, regular social welfare payments cannot be accessed by illegal immigrants.

I'm not trying to be rude but do you ever make any comment or give your opinion about anything or do you just question everyone else's?

What is your contribution? I'm interested to hear it but not im uninterested in an endless barrage of questions

Why is it that nobody ever answers any questions?
    I have given.plenty of opinions on this thread, I'm sure you can check them.
    I also actually answer questions when asked, unlike.most posters here.

I'm not so hopeful. The people this hurts the most, which are working-class natives, never signed up for this in the first place.

Oddly enough, I don't see this hurting the working class most.. since the genuine working class are an incredibly small section in Irish society. We don't have the history of class like other countries, not in the way that it was reinforced within modern times. With the availability of education, and relaxation of restrictions on social mobility, the working class that boards posters refer to are often better educated, and making more money than the middle class. Most of those who talk about middle class, are really referring to Irelands middle class... A small working class, a huge middle class, and our elitist uppers.

This hurts the middle the most since they're the ones getting squeezed on every front... and receive far less sympathy from the State when they need help.
    I don't see any genuine attempt to roll back these policies as likely, other than token attempts to win key demo's during election season. In reality, it's down to money. The reason for all of this is to help create an atomised consumer culture, which bereft of any sort of natural identify such as nation or race, and the absence of which will instead lead people try to create their identify through the purchases they make, their 'hot takes' on social media etc.. basically engaging with the system and making it more robust, while making ordinary people more fragmented.

Ahh no... they don't need that because the internet already provides the motivation for people to become this way. Anyway, modern society across most nations, regardless of immigration encourages consumerism while sacrificing everything else. I'll point to China, with it's low immigration relative to it's overall population, and the massive interest/behavior towards consumerism of all kinds.

IMHO, this is about dividing people. The old maxim of divide and conquer. A divided people with many distinctly different groups are unlikely to form any agreements. Which is why we see so much talk about identity being important. Women are threatened. Black people are victims. Muslims are innocent. etc. All aimed to generate divisions within society, all the while bringing in more people to expand these divisions. It helps a fragmented society to develop where people are alone.. and susceptible to government leadership, and being influenced by the media. It's why there's become so popular to simply accept claims from online, without fact-checking others statements, even to the point where the media, and politicians can make inaccurate or leading statements without any fallout occurring, beyond the complaints online which can be easily ignored.
    The last thing any one of these governments wants, is an uptake in nationalism - as its the greatest threat to their position, and the big-businesses/ NGO's they're all tied up with.

Pretty much. Still, I wouldn't connect the diversity movement with consumerism. Big business doesn't need people divided.. their profit margins will continue to expand regardless, as will their power/authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

You can be in favor of a "better" immigration system (whatever that might be for you) and also be against the mainstream idea of immigration.

I suppose you are right.

I think the important distinguishing factor are the expectations involved. SE Asian culture is often very different from western culture, but they have zero expectation for western nations to change to suit them.. if anything a large reason for coming this way, is because the culture is different/successful (although whether it remains successful after all the social change of the last two decades remains to be seen)

Good points.
    The problem is when there's an expectation that the host nation will adjust to suit the immigrants wants and desires, in order to make them more comfortable here. And when we're talking about a wide variety of cultural groups migrating to a host nation, it'll be impossible to suit everyone, but through the guise of multiculturalism and diversity, governments will bend over backwards to make it happen.

This is it, exactly. I think we share pretty much the same views on this only you articulated it much better than I did.
    Multiculturalism, and diverse immigration can be very successful when the host country protects the domestic culture, and makes it clear that they're not going to change for foreigners. There will, naturally, be some minor adjustments to accommodate migrants on the local level, but rarely on the national. Good examples of that are Singapore, Tokyo, or Shanghai which have relatively large foreign populations, but in each case, there is a clear awareness that citizenship or residency doesn't mean much beyond the legal right to stay (and not need to renew their visas every year).

For Europe, and western nations in general, it's this need to extend "freedoms" to everyone, when typically, those freedoms don't exist outside of those western nations, and will be used against the host nation, to encourage changes that will be to the detriment of the native population (extended ethnic history as opposed to one or two generations in the region).

Non-EU students were big money for universities, and that's likely why the government sought to extend access to students. It made Ireland look good to be a sought after destination for education... which TBH I personally consider a good thing, since our international profile used to be very limited.

I don't dispute the logic of it as you pointed out, and that it has some benefits (I met my current partner as she was an English student through those visas) but it's at the detriment of locals finding reasonable rental accommodation. I'm more sceptical. Issuing 3 year visas to students is like importing a cheap labour force that you can kick out after 3 or so years if the economy went tits up again. Also a quick way to make some Visa money and each student has to prove they have around €5,000 in the bank, to prove they have a degree of self-sufficiency. It's a quick scheme for the government to import 13,500 people that will work manual and menial jobs why the economy is good but they oversaturate the rental market, which raises rental prices and I wouldn't be surprised if those politicians own rental properties and benefit from this rental crisis. That's why it's not fixed.

Because of the 45% increase the Visa immigration office was overrun. They couldn't handle it. People were waiting weeks in an almost lotto-like situation to book their visa renewal. It was highly publicised in national media because then people were booking slots on their website and reselling them. Also using bots to book appointments and sell them on. It became ridiculous. The government knows the numbers of visas and knows how much they need to do to alleviate that. But they seem to open up the gates with complete disregard for the effect it would have on the system and local renters. It's money-driven decisions that don't benefit citizens in the slightest.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/immigrants-still-facing-issues-using-inis-online-booking-system-1.4116055

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/bots-used-to-block-immigrants-in-ireland-from-making-visa-appointments-1.3620957

Ahh well... the stupidity of Dublin is the lack of sky-rise apartment blocks.. And that falls on natives of Dublin and the government. This focus on houses and huge residential areas is utterly idiotic considering the attraction of Dublin to just about everyone in or coming to Ireland.

My Apartment complex in Xian provides for, in the region of, four thousand people. 6 towers, 25-30 floors each, 4 large apartments per floor. There are 8 apartment complexes in my immediate area.. all with shopping, doctors, dentist, and police station nearby. That's what Dublin should be doing..

This is true! I've been saying this for years! We are so backwards here, it's shocking. Build affordable rentals city centre as skyrises that people can rent and work/cycle to their job. Instead, they force people out to the suburbs when most of the offices are in the centre. That means commutes, cars, traffic etc. If it was my choice I'd like to live in a reasonably priced place in the city. I'd walk or cycle to work.

When they redeveloped the docklands and built buildings only about 5-7 stories I cringed. How pathetic are we as a nation that in most prime real estate location where there was little-to-no residents that they built low-rises in a country that has expects to increase by a million people by 2040. Are they out of their mind!

I'm embarrassed to be Irish at this stage. They had a chance at the docklands to build for the future and limped in with god-awful idea of low-rises. We must be the laughing stock of capital city-planning.

The colleges business model is going more and more to high fee paying foreign students, much like it is in the US and Australia. The government then relax the Visa restrictions no questions asked essentially. I work in I.T. and while it's true there is a shortage there are plenty of willing and able Irish students available.

I called this out a few years ago in a previous company I worked in that I wanted to hire Irish college students to give them a start in life, in much the same way that I got my start. It's not acceptable to do this officially, I knew this but I'd rather hire locally and train them up than hire abroad. I removed myself from the interview process after.

The marketplace is becoming more and more worldwide and I have never seen a visa refused, what I have seen are a number of Americans and Indians who couldn't get visas to the UK relocate to Ireland for a few years while they sorted out UK Visa's (When the company had offices in both jurisdictions)

I support legal immigration but it needs to be controlled way more, what we are doing now is having all sorts of consequences both known and unknown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,703 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I see the Nkenchos are back in the news. The brother was arrested for driving a car with no tax or insurance at 16 years of age

Big commotion outside their new 5 bedroom family home yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,632 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I see the Nkenchos are back in the news. The brother was arrested for driving a car with no tax or insurance at 16 years of age

A new 5 bedroom family home? Funded by whom?

Is this a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Hopefully he will be sent to jail, Covid or no Covid.

I am bursting my arse keeping a car on the road and look at this guy.

Just saw the arrest video on Twitter

One small piece of advice is make sure the sound is down low when you watch it

the mother and rest of the “gang” are making ear splitting screams and screech’s as the guards are trying to deal with the situation.

the mother and rest of the “gang” are making ear splitting screams and screech’s as the guards are trying to deal with the situation.

Poor guards have to deal with those situations everyday of the week.

Poor guards have to deal with those situations everyday of the week.

You’d have sympathy for the guards trying to deal with the situation with that crowd screaming in their face and trying to provoke them - all while filming them of course.

the accusations and insults hurled at the guards in that video are sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

I did a quick search on twitter and there's a link here.

Note, that in this whole thing there is very little context of what led up to this point. It seems to have been Guards following a car with no tax and insurance. The car just happened to stop outside the Nkenchos house and this happened.

From reading comments on twitter, I think his 16 year old brother could have been the driver. Again you can't see this from any videos. I'm sure the whole story will come out later, but for now it's important that the usual suspects tweet first before the facts come out.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

A new 5 bedroom family home? Funded by whom?

Is this a joke

By us idiots . They get property Irish people have to fork out 3 or 4 hundred grand for .

• Advertisement

By us idiots . They get property Irish people have to fork out 3 or 4 hundred grand for .

Is this actually true? Under what scheme would they be “gifted” the house

Advertisement