Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

migration from South America, Africa, the Middle East and some west asian nations (Pakistan etc..) has proven disastrous. High Unemployment, High welfare dependance, low education, high levels of criminality, almost no integration, remunerating a lot of money to their home countries and not spending in the local economy, complete cultural incompatibility and a lack of co-operation with gardai. We were promised their doctors and engineers, we got their equivalent to 'Anto from the flats'

I would agree with most of your post. I will say as someone who works in a highly skilled area of Pharmaceuticals that I have plenty of non EU colleagues from places you say are disastrous. Their visas are dependent on them working and they are highly skilled in our area. I guess I wonder how it’s possible to stay here as a non EU citizen with no job unless your an asylum seeker.

Visas for skilled workers I see as a positive. They are here for their careers.

You’d have sympathy for the guards trying to deal with the situation with that crowd screaming in their face and trying to provoke them - all while filming them of course.

the accusations and insults hurled at the guards in that video are sickening.

Happens all the time, hope you always have sympathy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

bubblypop wrote: »
    Happens all the time, hope you always have sympathy for them.

They're always being accused of being racists and murderers when doing their jobs?

WrenBoy wrote: »
    They're always being accused of being racists and murderers when doing their jobs?

Always getting abused doing their jobs, regularly, yes.

Always getting abused doing their jobs, regularly, yes.

But now they are accused of racism for applying the law to people of a different race. Thats new.

• Advertisement

But now they are accused of racism for applying the law to people of a different race. Thats new.

Ah you would be surprised.
    People abusing gardai and calling them allsorts has been going on forever. And yes, plenty have been called racist.
    Good to see so many posters worrying about the gardai though :)

Ah you would be surprised.
    People abusing gardai and calling them allsorts has been going on forever. And yes, plenty have been called racist.
    Good to see so many posters worrying about the gardai though :)

Nah just more to do with the prospect of policing bodies making policy decisions so as not to appear racist and therefore having a 2 tiered approach to policing.:)
    A la the UK, plus playing the race card because you got caught breaking the law is bull****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Nah just more to do with the prospect of policing bodies making policy decisions so as not to appear racist and therefore having a 2 tiered approach to policing.:)
    A la the UK, plus playing the race card because you got caught breaking the law is bull****.

That doesn't and won't happen.
    You can rest easy

Im shocked... :| (Im genuinely just jaded by the whole thing. Apathetic.)
    Its standard practice at this stage anytime things don't go some peoples way its just easy to blame racism/ usually white people. And then people bend over backwards to accommodate and prove they're not in fact racist. Legitimate racism is just lost in the noise.

• Advertisement

That doesn't and won't happen.
    You can rest easy

No offence Bubbly, I don't think you are right and we've seen evidence of it in other countries so....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Marcos wrote: »
    I did a quick search on twitter and there's a link here.

Note, that in this whole thing there is very little context of what led up to this point. It seems to have been Guards following a car with no tax and insurance. The car just happened to stop outside the Nkenchos house and this happened.

From reading comments on twitter, I think his 16 year old brother could have been the driver. Again you can't see this from any videos. I'm sure the whole story will come out later, but for now it's important that the usual suspects tweet first before the facts come out.

That video kind of gives the lie to the idea that family are meek law abiding pacifists

No offence Bubbly, I don't think you are right and we've seen evidence of it in other countries so....

No, we havent.
    We have seen people claim that it happens.
    And yet not a single police person that I know, in many many different countries have ever seen it happen.

No, we havent.
    We have seen people claim that it happens.
    And yet not a single police person that I know, in many many different countries have ever seen it happen.

Well theres been wide spread media reporting on it so Im not going to start dragging it all up again but I disagree with you. I just resent the accusation of racism being used as a weapon.

Well theres been wide spread media reporting on it so Im not going to start dragging it all up again but I disagree with you. I just resent the accusation of racism being used as a weapon.

Well I will believe the actual police that I know rather then media who make up headlines to sell papers.
    Lots of accusations are levelled at police, if they do their job correctly and legally, it doesn't matter what people say.

Well I will believe the actual police that I know rather then media who make up headlines to sell papers.
    Lots of accusations are levelled at police, if they do their job correctly and legally, it doesn't matter what people say.

Of course you can do what you want bubbly, no ones stopping you. I know a couple members of AGS as well, related to some even. If you think external pressures and current politics have no effect on the AGS, I would have to disagree with you.

Of course you can do what you want bubbly, no ones stopping you. I know a couple members of AGS as well, related to some even. If you think external pressures and current politics have no effect on the AGS, I would have to disagree with you.

Gardai in the frontline will do their job regardless of what some politician or journalist thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Is this actually true? Under what scheme would they be “gifted” the house

HAP , housing list or they could be here before the anchor baby law changed and got a gaf .

By us idiots . They get property Irish people have to fork out 3 or 4 hundred grand for .

Get it for free do they?
    Do Irish people have to pay 3 or 4 hundred grand for houses? That seems extremely unfair?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

By us idiots . They get property Irish people have to fork out 3 or 4 hundred grand for .

Imagine living next door and 400k left on the mortgage and this lot move in. I'd stop paying it n squirrel the repayments away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Why is it that most countries outside of Europe have a very simple answer to immigrants involved in criminality and that's deportation.

No ifs, no buts, no years of court cases, human rights this and that...

Why can't we have the same accountability and safety net for our own society here?

Want to steal cars, drive uninsured, be a thief, a thug...? on the plane cheerio.

It is an absolute joke the so called system here.

Get it for free do they?
    Do Irish people have to pay 3 or 4 hundred grand for houses? That seems extremely unfair?

You're trolling now....

I stand with the Gardai :) Thank you

enricoh wrote: »
    Imagine living next door and 400k left on the mortgage and this lot move in. I'd stop paying it n squirrel the repayments away.

Banks would take the house and you'd be f'ked out on your arse . Your neighbors would be fine though .

Banks would take the house and you'd be f'ked out on your arse . Your neighbors would be fine though .

Not necessarily true. Friend of mine hasn't paid a penny off her mortgage since around 2012, still living there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Do you think they give a damn about your beliefs. Your beliefs aren't written in their book which they take as direction for how they and others should live their lives.
    https://theliberal.ie/muslim-privilege-dublin-citizens-disgusted-as-up-to-100-people-gather-for-friday-prayers-with-gardai-phoned-12-times-despite-shutting-down-outdoor-catholic-gatherings/

The irony of linking to a web page/website run by a fundamentalist right-wing Catholic whose social views mirror those of the most devout Muslim. :rolleyes:

Not necessarily true. Friend of mine hasn't paid a penny off her mortgage since around 2012, still living there

Ok you're right again , banks love letting people stay in their homes without paying their mortgage for 9 years. Btw do you have a mortgage ?

Ok you're right again , banks love letting people stay in their homes without paying their mortgage for 9 years. Btw do you have a mortgage ?

I have had two, at the moment, none. Why?
    It is ridiculously difficult to evict a family from their home. Which is why we pay so much higher interest rates then European countries.
    I believe people should be evicted if they don't pay their mortgage, it's not the way it seems to go in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

Recently, at a Guarda checkpoint not far from my house , one of those stopped had no insurance or tax, so the Gardaí directed him to pull over off the road, and impounded the car. No hysterics, one Guarda handled the whole incident by himself, the driver knew he was caught fair and square, and handed over the keys without argument. As it should be. And this is happening regularly throughout the Country without problem or fuss , but it seems to be the case now that certain sections of society can change everything simply by playing the racist card. Even when they are well and truly breaking the Law.

Advertisement