Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭golondrinas

humberklog wrote: »
    Oh right. Fortunate timing for the family that they were moved not long after George dying especially with the current housing crisis.

So if you try and stab a garda and get killed your family get to move to a bigger more modern house. Wait till the suicide bombers get wind of this. Virgins for them and a new house for the family.!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

bubblypop wrote: »
    pretty sure most people support the Garda. unfortunately in this thread, they only seem to support them when it is 'against' a minority.
    there are so many posters on here that will go full on backing AGS when it seems to be a minority V AGS
    pity those same posters dont support AGS in their everyday activities! :rolleyes:

Bubblypop, nothing to do with minorities. Historically anytime something has happened involving the Guards..getting shot or injured in the line of duty, has drawn 100% support from the people, and condemnation of the perpetrators. Same as what has happened in this case.

jmreire wrote: »
    Bubblypop, nothing to do with minorities. Historically anytime something has happened involving the Guards..getting shot or injured in the line of duty, has drawn 100% support from the people, and condemnation of the perpetrators. Same as what has happened in this case.

Yeah, that is true to be fair. They do have the support of most of the people, you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bsloepro

pretty sure most people support the Garda. unfortunately in this thread, they only seem to support them when it is 'against' a minority.
    there are so many posters on here that will go full on backing AGS when it seems to be a minority V AGS
    pity those same posters dont support AGS in their everyday activities! :rolleyes:

Didn't see a whole lot of support for the lady who took a score of squad cars on a scenic tour of the m50 from northside to Bray and back again, or for the ladies who drew attention to themselves over the MHQ on their return from essential travel.....Gardai got plenty of support for their part...ah but yes we were being misogynistic then.
    What about the gardai dealing with scrotes engaging in anti-social behavior in some parts of Dublin. They don't get support either? - let me guess - class discrimination.

(In fairness on a second read of your post i may have taken it up wrong, so apologies if i have - shootin from the hip)

People who get my support are people who get up in the morning and if they are actually able, do a days work be that in an office, a construction site, a homemaker be the woman or man, and try and make society a better place to be - regardless of their culture or denomination

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

bsloepro wrote: »
    Didn't see a whole lot of support for the lady who took a score of squad cars on a scenic tour of the m50 from northside to Bray and back again, or for the ladies who drew attention to themselves over the MHQ on their return from essential travel.....Gardai got plenty of support for their part...ah but yes we were being misogynistic then.
    What about the gardai dealing with scrotes engaging in anti-social behavior in some parts of Dublin. They don't get support either? - let me guess - class discrimination.

People who get my support are people who get up in the morning and if they are actually able, do a days work be that in an office, a construction site, a homemaker be the woman or man, and try and make society a better place to be - regargless of their culture or denomination

There's a massive overlap with the people who oppose the above and people who oppose mass immigration. Both topics surround the same things: order and function, so they attract people who want society to have as much order as possible. Order is the real motivation, yet the likes of bubblypop loves to overlook that, and chooses to focus on racism instead, as it's a convenient tool to beat people with.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

TomTomTim wrote: »
    There's a massive overlap with the people who oppose the above and people who oppose mass immigration. Both topics surround the same things: order and function, so they attract people who want society to have as much order as possible. Order is the real motivation, yet the likes of bubblypop loves to overlook that, and chooses to focus on racism instead, as it's a convenient tool to beat people with.

Thats it, opposing crime isnt a legitimate viewpoint to these types, you just hate minorities/the poor/ etc... but point out that it only seems that way because those segments do the vast majority of crime and suddenly thats not legit either

TomTomTim wrote: »

Bubblypop loves order. I'm not sure what you are trying to insult me with here?

Thats it, opposing crime isnt a legitimate viewpoint to these types, you just hate minorities/the poor/ etc... but point out that it only seems that way because those segments do the vast majority of crime and suddenly thats not legit either

You do know that I oppose crime ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,700 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

bsloepro wrote: »

(In fairness on a second read of your post i may have taken it up wrong, so apologies if i have - shootin from the hip)

People who get my support are people who get up in the morning and if they are actually able, do a days work be that in an office, a construction site, a homemaker be the woman or man, and try and make society a better place to be - regardless of their culture or denomination

I want My kids to live their lives. Not spend it struggling to pay a mortgage while others get housed for free and contributing NOTHING to our society.

I also hope when they have families of their own, they aren't forced to move 100 miles away to be able to live comfortably. But so long as we load up on spongers from Africa I fear this will be the case sadly.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I want My kids to live their lives. Not spend it struggling to pay a mortgage while others get housed for free and contributing NOTHING to our society.

I also hope when they have families of their own, they aren't forced to move 100 miles away to be able to live comfortably. But so long as we load up on spongers from Africa I fear this will be the case sadly.

You're living in the wrong country unfortunately.
    But this would still be the case whether there are 'spongers from Africa ' or not in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

But this would still be the case whether there are 'spongers from Africa ' or not in this country.

Sadly this is true....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Anyone who wants real multiculturalism should visit Moore Street in Dublin. African hairdressers, Roma beggars, East European food shops and local Irish selling illegal cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

Sounds like paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

Just insane, that family are determined to kick off and make a situation much worse for themselves. The gardai showing incredible restraint there despite a lot of abuse and aggression.

The sense of victimhood in that community will grow and grow as long as it remains unchallenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes Bubblypop, but why add to an existing problem by allowing increased immigration, and in a lot of cases on the most spurious of grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Incredible, "You murdered my brother" ????

Really ?

They really believe that and it is going to cause such festering anger and hatred toward the police and Irish people.

The huge problem is the media goes along with this victim narrative.
    Enough is enough for gods sake!

Incredible, "You murdered my brother" ????

Really ?

They really believe that and it is going to cause such festering anger and hatred toward the police and Irish people.

The huge problem is the media goes along with this victim narrative.
    Enough is enough for gods sake!

More people are acknowledging the medias role in driving the divisive victim narrative that these people subscribe to. White people are always the 'perpetrators'.

Yes Bubblypop, but why add to an existing problem by allowing increased immigration, and in a lot of cases on the most spurious of grounds?

And why were the existing populace not asked or even given a consultation on the massive demographic change that were going to experience in their area ? Compare parts of Dublin 20 years ago to today. Parts of Galway too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

ek motor wrote: »
    And why were the existing populace not asked or even given a consultation on the massive demographic change that were going to experience in their area ?
    They were, albeit after the fact with the 2004 citizenship referendum. Where the Irish electorate overwhelmingly voted against the birthright citizenship loophole, a loophole that was responsible for a large proportion of that demographic shift. I would bet any money that if the same vote was held today it would return the same result and if the Irish electorate had been asked in the mid 90's if they were OK with this demographic change I'd again bet they'd be against it. I'll further bet that the chances of the Irish electorate being given a another similar say about our changing demographics is a slim one indeed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Wibbs wrote: »
    They were, albeit after the fact with the 2004 citizenship referendum. Where the Irish electorate overwhelmingly voted against the birthright citizenship loophole, a loophole that was responsible for a large proportion of that demographic shift. I would bet any money that if the same vote was held today it would return the same result and if the Irish electorate had been asked in the mid 90's if they were OK with this demographic change I'd again bet they'd be against it. I'll further bet that the chances of the Irish electorate being given a another similar say about our changing demographics is a slim one indeed.

There are certain political parties/NGOs that are looking to set aside that 2004 referendum result, and will try every trick in the book to do so without the need for a public vote on it.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »

'Say No to the racist referendum' was Labours refrain at the time. One of my earliest memories of the use of the word racist to stifle any debate or dissent.

We have an immigration policy and immigration officials.
    I'm not aware that they allow spurious cases to immigrate? Is that part of the policy?
    There is a system in operation, if people are not deemed suitable, for whatever reasons, then they are not permitted to stay, if they are permitted to stay that means that their application was acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

We have an immigration policy and immigration officials.
    I'm not aware that they allow spurious cases to immigrate? Is that part of the policy?
    There is a system in operation, if people are not deemed suitable, for whatever reasons, then they are not permitted to stay, if they are permitted to stay that means that their application was acceptable.

I think you need to look into that more BP. As it stands these rejected applicants can appeal indefinitely, co-opt social media to pressure the minister to intervene on their behalf, and the stats show that the vast majority of "asylum seekers" are in fact economic migrants chancing their arm.

Actual deportations are minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

There are certain political parties/NGOs that are looking to set aside that 2004 referendum result, and will try every trick in the book to do so without the need for a public vote on it.

Which political parties want it set aside without a referendum?

Labour for one

Sinn Fein and PBP as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

It is the entitlement and birthright of every person born in the island of Ireland, which includes its islands and seas, to be part of the Irish nation. That is also the entitlement of all persons otherwise qualified in accordance with law to be citizens of Ireland. Furthermore, the Irish nation cherishes its special affinity with people of Irish ancestry living abroad who share its cultural identity and heritage

What people voted was about Irish ancestry, not anchor babies. That came after as an exploit of a loophole, and the people realized that the loophole must be closed.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Kaiser go off there and read your link and tell me where that says anything like Labour are "are looking to set aside that 2004 referendum result"?

Labour are not suggesting circumventing the constitution of Ireland on this matter.

Sinn Fein and PBP as well

And both are calling for the referendum result to be set aside, so it should be easy to find proof of that then!
    I assume you have a link for this at least not just your word I'm to accept is it?

• Advertisement

Kaiser go off there and read your link and tell me where that says anything like Labour are "are looking to set aside that 2004 referendum result"?

Labour are not suggesting circumventing the constitution of Ireland on this matter.

Sure...
    That same year, Labour introduced a bill called the Irish Nationality and Citizenship (Naturalisation of Minors Born in Ireland) Bill 2018.

This bill proposes to amend the law to enable children who are born in Ireland and who have lived here for three years to be considered for naturalisation as an Irish citizen, irrespective of the status of their parents.

It does not require a second referendum.

The bill was passed through the Second Stage in the Seanad by a majority of Senators, including Fianna Fáil and the Green Party, but not Fine Gael Senators.

Labour is now bringing the Bill back before the Seanad in the first week of December and the party is calling on the current Government to support it.

Advertisement