Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

It's the wrong tack to take, since the middle class are just as affected by the immigration situation as the working class. Council houses are often taken in middle class neighborhoods, and the days when working class areas were cut off from others communities is long finished.

Your logic seeks to reinforce past/traditional views of the working class as if they're still relevant... and they're not. The access to education, government supports, etc all place "most" working class in the same position as the middle class. There's little difference between them anymore, except for those closest to the bottom... and I know a few families scraping the bottom, but are still considered to be middle class, regardless of their actual circumstances.

Don't fall into the trap that SF promotes by focusing on the working class. The issues of this thread concern Irish people of both backgrounds. Which is especially true for anyone (of any background) buying their first house and settling down... there's a very good chance that one or two houses in their immediate area were reserved by the council.

On a general note, I would never vote for SF. I despise them, a party of wokeness and virtue signaling if ever there was one :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

On a general note, I would never vote for SF. I despise them, a party of wokeness and virtue signaling if ever there was one :)

wokeness is the least of the things I would accuse that party of.

bubblypop wrote: »
    We do have strict controls on immigration, in fact I would say that EU immigration is a bigger issue, if you are worried about social supports in this country.

Also, we have absolutely No Idea what EU citizens live in this country. None whatsoever.

Ok, I'm done, you keep making unconnected points? We do know what EU citizens live here. Also I'm not sure what this means?

"This is supposedly about multiculturalism, but it always descends into the poorer immigrants!"

Last point EU immigration isn't a bigger issue. Non EU immigration into Ireland is way higher than EU immigration. Statistics are available on CSO website I've previously linked to these as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

People don't come here illegally. They overstay their visa. My opinion on people who overstay their visa is their visa is expired and they should return home or look to regularise their visa status. I don't think staying undocumented in a country is positive for the state or the individuals.

People don’t come here illegally, eh?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/man-jailed-for-facilitating-entry-of-illegal-immigrants-into-state-1.4379979

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-alleged-immigrant-smuggling-ring-at-dublin-airport-35390699.html

Non EU immigration into Ireland is way higher than EU immigration. Statistics are available on CSO website I've previously linked to these as well.

?
    Are you including the UK in non EU immigration?

• Advertisement

We do know what EU citizens live here.

How do you think we know what EU citizens live here?

How do you think we know what EU citizens live here?

Lol, are u just asking questions about your own questions?

?
    Are you including the UK in non EU immigration?

No.

Statistics are available from CSO.

Lol, are u just asking questions about your own questions?

No, I'm asking you, why do you think we know what EU citizens live here?

No, I'm asking you, why do you think we know what EU citizens live here?

You just won't make a point ever about anything. Your clearly trying to say that if we know who lives here then we track it. That's blatantly obvious otherwise we wouldn't know the numbers coming in. The consistent point being made here by people is the numbers coming in are way too big, we have mass immigration. You are consistently trying to deflect time and time again. I'm definitely done this time, I'm off out :)

• Advertisement

You just won't make a point ever about anything. Your clearly trying to say that if we know who lives here then we track it. That's blatantly obvious otherwise we wouldn't know the numbers coming in. The consistent point being made here by people is the numbers coming in are way too big, we have mass immigration. You are consistently trying to deflect time and time again. I'm definitely done this time, I'm off out :)

Not deflecting anything.
    I'm just saying we have no idea who lives in this country of EU origin, none.
    I don't understand why you would have an issue with non EU immigrants, who are limited and known, and no issue with EU citizens, who are not known and not limited by numbers and can claim all the benefits they want.

You cannot claim we have an issue with 'mass immigration ' of non EU, which we don't, but are perfectly ok with immigration of any amount of EU citizens.
    Double standards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Swindled

I am. I love travelling and visiting different places.
    I have no issue with places that are not multicultural

And yet you and many other self hating Irish keep demanding Ireland needs to be so called "multicultural" like Rochdale or Bradford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Not deflecting anything.
    I'm just saying we have no idea who lives in this country of EU origin, none.
    I don't understand why you would have an issue with non EU immigrants, who are limited and known, and no issue with EU citizens, who are not known and not limited by numbers and can claim all the benefits they want.

You cannot claim we have an issue with 'mass immigration ' of non EU, which we don't, but are perfectly ok with immigration of any amount of EU citizens.
    Double standards?

Ireland signed up to freedom of movement of EU . What most have an issue with is non EU with no rights to be here .

decreds wrote: »
    It's comedy gold watching Wibbs destroy the bleeding hearts/woke posters emotional arguments to this issue.

This thread could be closed at this stage, they don't have a leg to stand on.

You see in the closed one sided debates on the media they get away with just shouting RACISM RACISM RACISM with their fingers in their ears, and hope no one notices their dishonesty. No wonder they don't allow any open rational debate, because when they do, they get eviscerated with the facts.

Where is the uncontrolled immigration? Not in Ireland, because we have controlled immigration.

lol, yeah right, that's why 20,000 illegal immigrants were waved through last week, without so much as an ID or background check.

The interesting thing about racism is that it only seems to matter when White people engage in it. Like, racism is commonplace throughout the world (I've been on the receiving end of it in Asia and Africa), and many of the people who migrate to Europe will be bringing their own brand of racism, whether that's cultural or personal... but I never see any desire to educate migrants on racism. It's as if there's a belief that because some migrant groups experience racism, then, their own racism isn't worthy of comment. And if it is down to some (mistaken) belief in a power difference, surely migrants who do well in western nations will have that power to apply racism to others and therefore being worthy of criticism? But nah.. it's only an issue when White people engage in it.

More than that, it's believed by many, and constantly reinforced by the media, that only white skin toned people can ever be racist, or do or say anything racist.

Swindled wrote: »
    You see in the closed one sided debates on the media they get away with just shouting RACISM RACISM RACISM with their fingers in their ears, and hope no one notices their dishonesty. No wonder they don't allow any open rational debate, because when they do, they get eviscerated with the facts.

what screws with them ever more is if you point out that you can be Irish, and be non white and still against immigration.
    They are the ones being racist when they think that all irish are white.

what screws with them ever more is if you point out that you can be Irish, and be non white and still against immigration.

The term Irish has become so meaningless now it's a pointless term.

And yet you and many other self hating Irish keep demanding Ireland needs to be so called "multicultural" like Rochdale or Bradford.

Such rubbish post
    #rolleyes#

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Ireland signed up to freedom of movement of EU . What most have an issue with is non EU with no rights to be here .

Which non EU have no right to be here?

• Advertisement

Who thinks all Irish are white?!!

Which non EU have no right to be here?

All of them, in exactly the same way I, rightly, have absolutely no right be in any country outside the EU unless I obtain that countries permission to be there, and when I am there, it's rightly on their terms and conditions, for the duration they desire. Their country, their rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

It is controlled. As best it can be. You are allowed entry to the state by various systems.
    We cannot control people's behaviour however, people can and do break rules and laws all the time.

Cancelling or investigating a PPSN once a valid work document expires. Enforcing deportation after issuing a deportation notice to someone.

There's two ways that it can be more controlled.

Usually if people break laws and are caught they are punished.
    Where is the uncontrolled immigration? Not in Ireland, because we have controlled immigration.

We have laws against murder and if we suspect someone has committed a murder we will investigate, charge and sentence if found guilty. We don't ask them to go to prison and take their word for it.

We have rules and laws around immigration but if at least 17,000 people can disobey those rules and be rewarded then it's clear that they have lost control.

Who thinks all Irish are white?!!

eh..the people who would bandy about the term racist if you were anti immigration.

I thought this would be evident.

All of them, in exactly the same way I, rightly, have absolutely no right be in any country outside the EU unless I obtain that countries permission to be there, and when I am there, it's rightly on their terms and conditions, for the duration they desire. Their country, their rules.

Yea, so non EU immigrants in this country have permission to be here.

Yea, so non EU immigrants in this country have permission to be here.

All of them ? So why were 20,0000 illegals waved through last week ?

Cancelling or investigating a PPSN once a valid work document expires. Enforcing deportation after issuing a deportation notice to someone.

There's two ways that it can be more controlled.

Usually if people break laws and are caught they are punished.

We have laws against murder and if we suspect someone has committed a murder we will investigate, charge and sentence if found guilty. We don't ask them to go to prison and take their word for it.

We have rules and laws around immigration but if at least 17,000 people can disobey those rules and be rewarded then it's clear that they have lost control.

Would you suggest that all gardai in the country investigate persons on holiday here, to make.sure they don't overstay their holiday visa?

eh..the people who would bandy about the term racist if you were anti immigration.

I thought this would be evident.

Racist.
    Anti immigration
    Different things.
    And I don't know why anyone would think that Irish people are just white? Or why you think people think that?
    You have strange ideas

All of them ? So why were 20,0000 illegals waved through last week ?

No.
    You said all of them do not have the right to be here. But some do. Some do not.

• Advertisement

No.
    You said all of them do not have the right to be here. But some do. Some do not.

They don't, if they are here legally it's because were granted permission, it's not a "right"

Advertisement