Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Swindled wrote: »
    So if we desperately need mass immigration into this country (something I don't believe we do if current Irish birth rates, among the highest in Europe, remain stable / increased, and we done more to help our young people, many of whom have to emigrate and not by choice )

Let's pretend we do, why the big push for mass immigration from outside the EU ? Are Eastern Europeans now not good enough ? (i.e. Black Enough / Muslim enough / LGBT+ enough ), what's the end goal, enclaves like Brixtons ? Rochdales ? (Balbriggan being deemed the "template for Ireland" by likes of Pat Kenny), and Gaeltacht areas as a reservation for the native Irish ?

Because there is no money to be made from EU immigration/legal immigration so you have the government listening to all the NGO's who have skin in the game rather than common sense.

Plus you have the likes of Donnelly who like to consider themselves "humanitarians" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Well Ireland has been multicultural for centuries and was built on multiculturalism. Natives, Celts, Vikings, Normans. Some more is grand.

Ehh what a coincidence those were invasions that resulted in the deaths of the natives already here.

Then again I often term those cheerleading for everyone and anyone to be allowed in come what may, as no better than quislings who hate their own.

twinytwo wrote: »
    Lord above, you are either seriously deluded or delibertly ignorant... Im not sure which is worse.

Also someone who has possibly made a career out of helping those less fortunate, etc, etc, etc.

It is now some kind of SOP for the pro multicultural crowd to throw out accusations of racism once tough questions are asked about the benefits of so called multiculturalism for the hosts.
    Of course that is after we are told about what new fantastic culinary delights we can enjoy with this multiculturalism.
    Oh and how we need them for our future pensions and to help in the HSE.

And that leads to being told about how much they contribute to the revenue pot and all the great jobs they do when really we know that is down to the legal EU citizens or legal VISA carrying immigrants, not the chancer variety of the missing passports that travelled through multiple countries to get here.

I am not allowed discuss …

There isn't a push for mass immigration from outside the EU. As Wibbs pointed out, the vast majority of immigration is from EU countries.

Mass immigration, no... but where are the majority of refugees coming from? Outside the EU.

The issue is that the governments acceptance of refugees, and others, steps outside of the normal immigration controls. And while Ireland isn't in receipt of that many non-EU migrants, as France and other tighten their borders, that demand which switch to other EU nations such as Ireland. Since the EU isn't implementing anti-immigration policies applicable to all member states.

So, it makes sense to be prepared for it.
    It's pretty hard to get a visa for someone from outside the EU and anyone who gets here outside of the work visa regime, it's very much despite of not because Irish/EU immigration policy.

Depends who is sponsoring/organising the visa applications. There have been examples in the past of NGOs getting involved in easing the application process for migrants coming from certain countries. I've no idea of the numbers involved, but when we have so many NGOs whose sole existence is based on minority groups or migrants, they have a stake in bringing more in.

It's hard for individuals seeking to come to Europe (without decent education), but organisations tend to have more resources available for such applications, besides having legal agents who know the system quite well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

...and 20,000 illegals were rubber stamped this year alone, no questions asked, no background checks done. No need of Visa's.

I have to admire the clairvoyance in knowing how many applicants will be accepted and what checks will be done, considering the scheme hasn't even been put before the cabinet, let alone be opened for applications.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Swindled

I have to admire the clairvoyance in knowing how many applicants will be accepted and what checks will be done, considering the scheme hasn't even been put before the cabinet, let alone be opened for applications.

yeah it'll only be a few dozen every year from now on right enough . . .lol
    How stupid do you and the PR merchants take Irish people for ?

They've been gathering support for it through repeated reports on RTE, and social media. Getting people used to the idea before implementing it. It's going to happen, one way or another.

As for how many will be accepted? No idea, although, I expect most of them will be, barring those with past criminal offenses.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'd be very surprised if it didn't happen. What I was taking issue with was the suggestion that all of the estimated 20,0000 illegals had already been granted permission to remain without any checks.

I'd be very surprised if it didn't happen. What I was taking issue with was the suggestion that all of the estimated 20,0000 illegals had already been granted permission to remain without any checks.

Effectively they have as that's the estimate of who will be granted it this year alone, never mind how many every year from now on once it becomes common knowledge.

Effectively they have as that's the estimate of who will be granted it this year alone, never mind how many every year from now on once it becomes common knowledge.

17,000 to 20,000 is the estimate of the number illegal migrants currently in the state, not the estimate of who'll be granted it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It is like feck, I've seen employers hand them out like snuff at a wake if they get the smell of cheap exploitable labour, and 20,000 illegals were rubber stamped this year alone, no questions asked, no background checks done. No need of Visa's.

You keep saying this but what you are referring to has not actually happened as yet and we dont actually know how many will be in the scheme.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

17,000 to 20,000 is the estimate of the number illegal migrants currently in the state, not the estimate of who'll be granted it this year.

Yeah, no one else will never dare come again once they hear that.

You really dont know what you are talking about.

A The scheme has not been implemented yet so your continuous claims 20,000 have been waived through are false
    B You are now claiming this will be an ongoing annual scheme which is false

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

nthclare wrote: »
    Immigration suits the middle class so called liberals.
    Under the guise of caring, what they're really doing is giving people jobs, with **** wage's therefore undermining the immigrant and undermining the natives because they won't work for **** pay.

So don't believe these vankers and so called woke plebs who are all for immigration etc

They exploit the vulnerable people because the Irish won't allow themselves to be exploited.

Of all the non-EU nationals that came to Ireland to work last year do people know what occupation topped the list? Anyone know what occupation came second?

Doctors topped the list.

Nurses were second.

Both added together accounted for nearly one third of all employment permits issued. ICT jobs, mostly highly paid roles, accounted for almost a further third.

Pesky highly paid foreigners coming over here and adding value to our society.

Mass immigration, no... but where are the majority of refugees coming from? Outside the EU.

Wow. What sort of a shocker is this!!!
    This is said like it is some kind of a bad thing. Of course refugees come from outside the EU, EU citizens have the right to move to another EU state.

Annasopra wrote: »
    You really dont know what you are talking about.

A The scheme has not been implemented yet so your continuous claims 20,000 have been waived through are false
    B You are now claiming this will be an ongoing annual scheme which is false

So the estimates are false, and no one will ever do it again . . . lol

bubblypop wrote: »
    Wow. What sort of a shocker is this!!!
    This is said like it is some kind of a bad thing. Of course refugees come from outside the EU, EU citizens have the right to move to another EU state.

refugees . . lol

It is like feck, I've seen employers hand them out like snuff at a wake if they get the smell of cheap exploitable labour, and 20,000 illegals were rubber stamped this year alone, no questions asked, no background checks done. No need of Visa's.

This is utter rubbish and it’s stuff like this that plays into people’s fears.

This post is a complete lie and lacks even the most basic understanding of immigration into the State.

You just post lies.
    All rubbish in this post

So the estimates are false, and no one will ever do it again . . . lol

Your claims are false

20,000 have not been waived through
    It will be a once off time limited scheme

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

This is utter rubbish and it’s stuff like this that plays into people’s fears.

I worked where this was exactly the case, and you yourself boasted about the many illegals working in care homes that you know about.

refugees . . lol

I'm sorry, have you heard the word refugees before? Would you like a definition?
    There are very few refugees in Ireland, do you have some issue with them?

Annasopra wrote: »
    Your claims are false

20,000 have not been waived through
    It will be a once off time limited scheme

Either the estimates are true or they are not, and how stupid do you think we are that this will be a one off and no other illegals will come in now when they hear this ?

I worked where this was exactly the case, and you yourself boasted about the many illegals working in care homes that you know about.

You didn’t work anywhere where employers were handing out visas. That’s a lie.

I'm sorry, have you heard the word refugees before? Would you like a definition?
    There are very few refugees in Ireland, do you have some issue with them?

Which ones the 10% that are found to be genuine, or the 90% found to be bogus and allowed to stay anyway ?

Which ones the 10% that are found to be genuine, or the 90% found to be bogus and allowed to stay anyway ?

There is no such thing as a bogus refugee.
    You need to start looking up definitions

Actually it isn't literally hundreds of them in the large multinational I worked in. 99% were jobs/skills that could easily have been done by local graduates.

Seems to like posting lies!

Either the estimates are true or they are not, and how stupid do you think we are that this will be a one off and no other illegals will come in now when they hear this ?

You continuously claimed that 20,000 were already through - Thats false. It hasnt happened.

You are claiming the scheme will not be a one off - Thats false. It is a once off time limited scheme.

Your claims are false.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

There is no such thing as a bogus refugee.
    You need to start looking up definitions

Oh the 10% then, not the 90% of the found to be bogus asylum seekers that allowed to stay anyway.

Advertisement