Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

Gradius wrote: »
    Yawn.

So no answer then.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Heraclius

I LITERALLY just calculated it before.

I'm right.

You quite simply are avoiding basic maths at this point and talking about your "beliefs".

Die in ignorance then, I'm not your teacher.

Telling me to die is pretty disgusting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Heraclius wrote: »

he never told you to die.

another example of those who lose arguments, and have their notions debunked resorting to deflecting and making wild accusations

bubblypop wrote: »
    And if they tried to keep a record of everyone in the country, what would happen do.you think?

Guess i am gonna have to explain it to you in the most basic terms.

The statistics office job is to keep .....wait for it...statistics on things like this, the clue is in the name, its sort of a giveaway.

how they do that job I dont know nor do i want to guess, but if they are not able to the job they are suppose to do, then they need to be sacked and have people who can do the job.

Do you think someone else should be doing their job ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

I didn't tell you to die.

I've presented information, you've ignored it.

You made that choice, and if you continue to make such choices, then it's a reasonable assumption you'll die in ignorance.

Anyway, I'm off. Good luck :)

• Advertisement

I didn't tell you to die.

I've presented information, you've ignored it.

You made that choice, and if you continue to make such choices, then it's a reasonable assumption you'll die in ignorance.

Anyway, I'm off. Good luck :)

You literally did tell me to die. Don't try to friendly it up with a patronising smiley. You required a 40 year long generation to get to your required 50% of population growth which I still don't accept as being what most people accept as a generation. 50% growth in 40 years isn't even that shocking; it is roughly 1% per year.

You literally did tell me to die. Don't try to friendly it up with a patronising smiley. You required a 40 year long generation to get to your required 50% of population growth which I still don't accept as being what most people accept as a generation. 50% growth in 40 years isn't even that shocking; it is roughly 1% per year.

Rabble rabble rabble...United Nations forecasts average population growth of 1%

Rabble rabble rabble..."I don't see how 59% is anything strange"

Rabble rabble rabble...here are calculations

Rabble rabble rabble..."if I make up an arbitrary definition of "generation", that number is different"

Rabble rabble rabble..."I'm insulted"

Man, I'm really close to spelling out your characteristics and how you belong to a certain group of people that refuse science and reality while also trying to get other people "cancelled".

Real close. But you lose. In alllllllll sorts of ways, baby :) Now go off and look at a wall or whatever it is you do to inform yourself of the world.

You literally did tell me to die.

You will die, we all will die, that is a fact,
    He was clearly inferring you will die with ignorance which is a completely different thing to wishing you dead.

either you knew this and chose to ignore it to portray yourself as some kind of victim

or you lack the capacity to understand what he meant....either way...not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

You literally did tell me to die.

It’s a figure of speech?! ..look I don’t want to have to resort to buzzwords but you truly are one of those gently cascading things from the sky, on a cold afternoon or you’re trying to be manipulative.

I'm sure no country has ever experienced population growth before...

Depends on the size of the country, the kind of economy it has, and the nature of it's immigration. Germany could withstand and manage mass immigration in a far better manner than Ireland because they already had excellent infrastructure/services, and a manufacturing base to employ them. (and they're having serious problems now a few decades later)
    Issues with infrastructure can actually be fixed if we try.

That's remarkably unrealistic considering our services have been in decline for decades now, and that's with having a reasonably successful economy. Ireland's health service is plagued with inefficiencies, and forces many to go private due to the failures of the existing system. The rising costs of health services continues. You can look at most services in Ireland and see that they've been under strain for a long time now, and they're not noticeably improving.

The problem with an increased population is that services become under greater strain, since there is no guarantee that the new population will be able to provide much to the economy. A lot of our immigration over recent years has been related to people entering low-skilled employment, and while their own children may become better educated, that's a rather long time to wait for a return on investment, especially since there's a good chance that they will go elsewhere themselves.
    Take a deep breath.

The population growth we are experiencing is not remotely shocking unless you have a problem with people who don't look precisely like you.

The majority of immigration into this country has come from other "white" nations... so, perhaps leave the accusations of racism at the door, until you provide a better basis for the claim?
    This thread is a cesspit.

It' actually wasn't, until you came along to cast your judgment on us all.

Still, it's hardly a surprise at this stage to have posters like yourself who cry foul when their opinions aren't immediately accepted at face value.

• Advertisement

As I stated earlier, it was about the numbers coming here not the color of the people that is the issue.

but as usual it is twisted and manipulated in a way to make it come across as racist. ts what they do, and when their argument is taken apart, its either deflection, or portray themselves as victims, or else just spin any ludicrous concoction of a story.

Guess i am gonna have to explain it to you in the most basic terms.

The statistics office job is to keep .....wait for it...statistics on things like this, the clue is in the name, its sort of a giveaway.

Well I guess I'll have to explain to you how there is no-one keeping track of anyone in this country.

There is no requirement for anyone coming to live here to register anywhere. So anyone who is entitled to live and work here can, without telling any authorities.

People who require a visa or come here claiming asylum or to be a refugee are registered and we know exactly who and where they are.

Anyone moving here from any EU country or from the UK are not required to register anywhere.
    So, other than the census, every four years, where many people don't bother filling it.out, we have no.idea who lives here.

So, again, how do you think authorities know who lives here?

Well I guess I'll have to explain to you how there is no-one keeping track of anyone in this country.

There is no requirement for anyone coming to live here to register anywhere. So anyone who is entitled to live and work here can, without telling any authorities.

People who require a visa or come here claiming asylum or to be a refugee are registered and we know exactly who and where they are.

Anyone moving here from any EU country or from the UK are not required to register anywhere.
    So, other than the census, every four years, where many people don't bother filling it.out, we have no.idea who lives here.

So, again, how do you think authorities know who lives here?

I should hope people waiting on a visa are registered and we know where they are. I thought that was bloody obvious.

I would imagine anyone looking for benefits or the dole or whatever have to give an address.
    contrary to what most people think, it is almost impossible not to be found in this country unless you are actively hiding from the authorities, which is mostly illegal immigrants.

The rest are more likely working so contributing , I have no issue with them.

I should hope people waiting on a visa are registered and we know where they are. I thought that was bloody obvious.

I would imagine anyone looking for benefits or the dole or whatever have to give an address.
    contrary to what most people think, it is almost impossible not to be found in this country unless you are actively hiding from the authorities, which is mostly illegal immigrants.

The rest are more likely working so contributing , I have no issue with them.

So, you know that there is no central authority in this country that can tell you exactly who is living here, or where they are from, or what their nationality is.

The cso don't have those figures, so who do think does?

the census has those if a few years old.

Do you think all the immigrants coming here are all self employed or in tax paying jobs ?
    You cannot get the internet in your home without valid id. People are easily traced and counted.
    By your logic the immigration problem....and make no mistake, it is a problem, might be even actually worse than we think,

the census has those if a few years old.

Do you think all the immigrants coming here are all self employed or in tax paying jobs ?
    You cannot get the internet in your home without valid id. People are easily traced and counted.
    By your logic the immigration problem....and make no mistake, it is a problem, might be even actually worse than we think,

No, I don't believe everyone in this country is self employed or paying tax.

It.doesn't matter what services you have in your home, there is no central authority gathering that information because you know, gdpr and civil liberties.

No one is easily traced! Lol.

So, you know that there is no central authority in this country that can tell you exactly who is living here, or where they are from, or what their nationality is.

The cso don't have those figures, so who do think does?

There actually is a central statistics authority in the country, they are called...wait for it...The Central Statistics Office.

It is, contrary to apparent belief, their job to record information on people living here.

They have a few glaring blindspots, to the point that it's outright suspicious.

"Hey Joe, we should record statistics, like just who lives here. I mean, why not, we get paid for this!"

"Good Idea, Jim, let's do that!"

"Hey Joe, seeing as we're doing a job, should we record who's who so as we can get valuable information that would inform policy decisions and such?"

"No, Jim, that would be crazy."

Again, not directly blaming staff, but there is obviously some authority figure breathing down their neck. Just what you'd expect in a con job. Less information is better, you see. Easier swindle.

Did you know that the unwitting accomplices of con men can be referred to as "shills", "dupes", "stooges" and so on?

So many of them, ear-deep in lies that they can't even accept the truth when it's plonked in front of them. The Larry, Curly and Moe's running defence for conmen as they are also robbed by the conmen.

And the theme of the three stooges is three blind mice, apt!

There actually is a central statistics authority in the country, they are called...wait for it...The Central Statistics Office.

It is, contrary to apparent belief, their job to record information on people living here.

They have a few glaring blindspots, to the point that it's outright suspicious.

"Hey Joe, we should record statistics, like just who lives here. I mean, why not, we get paid for this!"

"Good Idea, Jim, let's do that!"

"Hey Joe, seeing as we're doing a job, should we record who's who so as we can get valuable information that would inform policy decisions and such?"

"No, Jim, that would be crazy."

Again, not directly blaming staff, but there is obviously some authority figure breathing down their neck. Just what you'd expect in a con job. Less information is better, you see. Easier swindle.

Did you know that the unwitting accomplices of con men can be referred to as "shills", "dupes", "stooges" and so on?

So many of them, ear-deep in lies that they can't even accept the truth when it's plonked in front of them. The Larry, Curly and Moe's running defence for conmen as they are also robbed by the conmen.

And the theme of the three stooges is three blind mice, apt!

Lol
    Hilarious
    Why don't you ask the civil liberties authorities why they don't allow a central register of everyone living in the country?

Why don't you try to find out how many Estonians live here? .......

Lol
    Hilarious
    Why don't you ask the civil liberties authorities why they don't allow a central register of everyone living in the country?

Why don't you try to find out how many Estonians live here? .......

The real question is why don't THEY get more detailed information?

When you have one job to do, and you still aren't doing it after a decade+, you'd really have to wonder, wouldn't you?

Less information = easier conjob

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'm sure no country has ever experienced population growth before...

Seriously, the country is growing due to somewhat favourable demographics (a large enough generation having just under 2 children replacing smaller older generations) and an inflow of migrants due to us having a growing economy. I'd much prefer be in a country capable of attracting immigrants rather than one where people were desperate to leave.

Issues with infrastructure can actually be fixed if we try.

The priority im interested in is the country having the capability to look after its own citizens and tax payers first and foremost... those who pay and have been paying should benefit first.... we should have available healthcare with EVERY facet of expertise from treatments, rehabilitation... available to us in hospital, the community as needed....

We should have a class, comfortable and efficient and modern and integrated transport service. Serving the whole country... we dont... because for years... weve been now waiving goodbye to hundreds of millions of our taxpayers money...... not content with facilitating a number of people needing help... facilitating and paying for everyone who shows up and qualifies...

• Advertisement

The real question is why don't THEY get more detailed information?

When you have one job to do, and you still aren't doing it after a decade+, you'd really have to wonder, wouldn't you?

Less information = easier conjob

Because civil liberties don't allow it.
    Gdpr doesn't allow it.
    There is no authority in Ireland that knows who lives here, who they are or what they are.doing.

The.laughable thing on this thread is people complaining about immigration, when there is nothing to track any immigrants in this country.
    Except for the immigrants people complain about, non EU immigrants, they are tracked, anyone else is not.

Strumms wrote: »
    The priority im interested in is the country having the capability to look after its own citizens and tax payers first and foremost... those who pay and have been paying should benefit first.... we should have available healthcare with EVERY facet of expertise from treatments, rehabilitation... available to us in hospital, the community as needed....

We should have a class, comfortable and efficient and modern and integrated transport service. Serving the whole country... we dont... because for years... weve been now waiving goodbye to hundreds of millions of our taxpayers money...... not content with facilitating a number of people needing help... facilitating and paying for everyone who shows up and qualifies...

If we lack infrastructure and services it is because we don't demand efficiency and delivery from our politicians. You can't blame immigration for that. It is possible to have a large number of immigrants and still have good services. I suspect Ireland could have zero net migration and still have inefficient services.

Strumms wrote: »

indeed, that is the government's first priority to look after its own citizens.......the very same citizens that put them in that job in the first place so they could represent us.

Gdpr doesn't allow it.
    There is no authority in Ireland that knows who lives here, who they are or what they are.doing.

The.laughable thing on this thread is people complaining about immigration, when there is nothing to track any immigrants in this country. .

you do know that only reinforces the need to curb immigration.

took a while but you might finally be grasping it.

Gdpr doesn't allow it.

The.laughable thing on this thread is people complaining about immigration, when there is nothing to track any immigrants in this country.
    Except for the immigrants people complain about, non EU immigrants, they are tracked, anyone else is not.

No, no, no!

People liking these completely, utterly incorrect, disinformative posts must see "are you a stooge? Sign here"

This is simply not true. What in the goddamn do you think a central information gathering agency does?

They don't have to collect your name and personal details. That's what you are mixing up, perhaps deliberately. And certainly why people like these kind of things, it's not truthful, but it is a stooge thing to like because it feeds into a narrative of flowing diarrhoea.

They are supposed to collect population information. They have patchy information. They've had patchy information for years upon years.

It's not illegal. It is easy to obtain. It's simply not collected. Why? Because it's part of a conjob, no matter how small a piece.

you do know that only reinforces the need to curb immigration.

took a while but you might finally be grasping it.

Really?
    I have always believed that everyone here should.be registered.
    Everyone on this thread seems to believe there is no.issue with EU immigration.......
    So what do you believe?

Really?
    I have always believed that everyone here should.be registered.
    Everyone on this thread seems to believe there is no.issue with EU immigration.......
    So what do you believe?

I will say what I have always said.

1. Multiculturalism does not work.

2. The Irish government elected by the Irish people first and main priority is to the Irish people who put them there.

3. There has to be a limit on the number of people we even consider accepting, contrary to retarded belief, it is not our duty to be responsible for others.

4. Whoever we do allow set foot on our shores should be vetted, if they have a criminal record then they can fuq off. We have enough criminals and scum of our own without importing them from other countries.

5. Those that break the law should be deported after their sentence is finished.

If we lack infrastructure and services it is because we don't demand efficiency and delivery from our politicians. You can't blame immigration for that. It is possible to have a large number of immigrants and still have good services. I suspect Ireland could have zero net migration and still have inefficient services.

No.

We DO lack infrastructure and services because there has been a sudden influx of an extra third of the population since the year 2000. 100% cause and effect.

Since that has happened, all demands for efficiency have gone on deaf ears.

Why? Because it's a money spinner for a few people, the same usual crowd that are all on for even more people. SUCH MYSTERIOUS MOTIVATIONS!!

These arseholes are in no rush to lower the value of their investments, to lower rents, to raise wages they have to pay, to pay for a better and equitable health system and so on.

41% of politicians were landlords at one stage. I don't know what it is now, but expecting them to go against their own interests is farcical.

Conjob by conmen, supported by turkeys voting for Christmas because they convinced the turkeys "it's such a lovely time of year" :p

No.

We DO lack infrastructure and services because there has been a sudden influx of an extra third of the population since the year 2000. 100% cause and effect.

Why? Because it's a money spinner for a few people, the same usual crowd that are all on for even more people. SUCH MYSTERIOUS MOTIVATIONS!!

These arseholes are in no rush to lower the value of their investments, to lower rents, to raise wages they have to pay, to pay for a better and equitable health system and so on.

41% of politicians were landlords at one stage. I don't know what it is now, but expecting them to go against their own interests is farcical.

Conjob by conmen, supported by turkeys voting for Christmas because they convinced the turkeys "it's such a lovely time of year" :p

We had very poor infrastructure and services before 2000 too and I don't think you can point to immigrants to blame for that. We had scarcely any motorways until around then for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No.

Ok then. Try running our health service without immigrants.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement