Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Comments

bubblypop wrote: »
    So, again, how do you think authorities know who lives here?

Passports are registered on entry to the country, and again when you leave. So, unless you're leaving the country by rowboat or yacht, then, the authorities will know how many people are in the country. (even then, manifests/itineraries are usually required for yachts)

So, the authorities would have a reasonably good idea of who and how many people are in the country, excepting those who enter illegally.
    Heraclius wrote: »
    If we lack infrastructure and services it is because we don't demand efficiency and delivery from our politicians. You can't blame immigration for that. It is possible to have a large number of immigrants and still have good services. I suspect Ireland could have zero net migration and still have inefficient services.

He didn't blame immigration for the declining state of services in Ireland. He said that immigration places greater strain on those services. Services that he would prefer to be available for Irish people.

You're intentionally missing the point. Greater immigration, especially from those who are low-skilled, places greater demands on state provided services, and also on the supports (financial) that the government provides. Spreading out limited resources, means less available for everyone else. We're not seeing Ireland economy booming, and growing at any significant rate. If anything, with the coming recession, and the debt taken during covid, we're likely to see a major shrinking of the economy, which means less revenue available to improve services... regardless of whether the politicians are capable of fixing the services.

Annasopra wrote: »
    Ok then. Try running our health service without immigrants.

We need to control the numbers coming in better. The levels are simply unsustainable. The equivalent of 3 Galway cities in 5 years is farcical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

We had very poor infrastructure and services before 2000 too and I don't think you can point to immigrants to blame for that. We had scarcely any motorways until around then for example.

Let's not mince words.

No matter the state of any social system from before a massive influx of people, it is now worse.

What you think and what information demonstrates are entirely at odds.

Note how all these "arguments" have the inevitable qualifier of " I believe..." and "I think..."

Never a bloody shred of evidence, or else they ask you to provide it for them and upon seeing it go straight back to "but I believe!" or if they're feeling optimum "I'm insulted!"

We need to control the numbers coming in better. The levels are simply unsustainable. The equivalent of 3 Galway cities in 5 years is farcical.

Wait a moment. The argument will be made that you want all immigration to stop. :rolleyes:

Passports are registered on entry to the country, and again when you leave. So, unless you're leaving the country by rowboat or yacht, then, the authorities will know how many people are in the country. (even then, manifests/itineraries are usually required for yachts)

So, the authorities would have a reasonably good idea of who and how many people are in the country,

No.
    Anyone can enter and are free to live and work here under EU regulations, there is noone.anywhere keeping any records of that.

• Advertisement

Ah, the last bastion.

Sure we were all walking around like neantherthals before the sacred people arrived to save us from our own incompetence.

Sure jaysus, there were these mysterious things called "spar" and we didn't know what to do with them. Then the sacreds arrived and the machine launched into life.

A miracle, and nothing less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Enlighten me then, what percentages of immigrants are working legit and paying tax in the health service.

Astound me....although i suspect this wont be answered.

No.
    Anyone can enter and are free to live and work here under EU regulations, there is noone.anywhere keeping any records of that.

You still need some form of identification when travelling within the EU, no? Identification when you get on a plane, on a ferry, etc...? Which will be registered and noted for the authorities.

This is pretty obvious, bubbly. Records are made.

You still need some form of identification when travelling within the EU, no? Identification when you get on a plane, on a ferry, etc...? Which will be registered and noted for the authorities.

This is pretty obvious, bubbly. Records are made.

No.
    There are no official records anywhere that keep those statistics.
    It doesn't happen.

No.
    It doesn't happen.

so you admit then the immigration problem might be even worse since you claim there is no way to validate the numbers ?

• Advertisement

so you admit then the immigration problem might be even worse since you claim there is no way to validate the numbers ?

Mate, you're replying to someone stating that "no official records are kept anywhere".

Just leave it, wasting your time.

I have always said that EU citizens are not recorded.
    Posters on this thread have issues with non EU immigrants.
    Of course we have non EU numbers.
    What do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Gradius wrote: »
    Ah, the last bastion.

Sure we were all walking around like neantherthals before the sacred people arrived to save us from our own incompetence.

Sure jaysus, there were these mysterious things called "spar" and we didn't know what to do with them. Then the sacreds arrived and the machine launched into life.

A miracle, and nothing less.

You complain about our lack of services. You want to send all the immigrants home which would mean our health service would collapse. Your arguments are a joke.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Gradius wrote: »
    Mate, you're replying to someone stating that "no official records are kept anywhere".

Just leave it, wasting your time.

Do you want to link us to where official records are kept to everyone living in this country?

What do you think?

I have already answered this multiples times, and even in the last half hour.

No.
    It doesn't happen.

So, when you book an airline ticket online, or when you're booking in at the airport, you never ever need to show your passport, or a form of photo ID? That'seems strange, since it's a requirement for ferries.

Again.. Bubbly, this is pretty obvious. Documentation is checked on boarding a plane or ferry.. and in most cases, those documents are scanned into a system.. A system that the authorities will have access to.

How do you think Interpol or other governmental police agencies track people within the EU? EU citizens can travel within Europe without a passport, but the airlines and others usually demand that photo ID is presented before you can board.

You complain about our lack of services. You want to send all the immigrants home which would mean our health service would collapse. Your arguments are a joke.

can you please point out where he said this.
    Can you also answer my question i asked you earlier

So, when you book an airline ticket online, or when you're booking in at the airport, you never ever need to show your passport, or a form of photo ID? That'seems strange, since it's a requirement for ferries.

Again.. Bubbly, this is pretty obvious. Documentation is checked on boarding a plane or ferry.. and in most cases, those documents are scanned into a system.. A system that the authorities will have access to.

How do you think Interpol or other governmental police agencies track people within the EU? EU citizens can travel within Europe without a passport, but the airlines and others usually demand that photo ID is presented before you can board.

And do think that there is a central system in Ireland that keep.records of everyone entering here on holidays? And then leaving?
    What about EU citizens or UK citizens? Where do you think those statistics are kept?

The centre-right Les Republicains Party did well in French elections this week, with a harder message than Macron who has also proposed much tighter immigration laws.

Eventually Irish politicians are going to have to change tack, we are becoming more and more of an outlier in Europe with our refusal to implement proper immigration controls.

No, your reasoning is a joke. And because it's flying in the face of actual bonafide information, it makes you look like a clown into the bargain. Your doing, not mine.

Such spurious conman dribble!

Did you know that a sudden withdrawal of drugs can kill a person? Well now you do.

Here's your "reasoning" exemplified.

Guy gets hooked on heroine against his own will. Now he is dependent on heroine. And the drug dealers defence? "Let's see you survive without my heroine then, here, have more!"

Created the problem, then posits itself as the solution. Brilliant, absolute einstein-ery.

• Advertisement

Um, can you quote him where he said he wanted all immigrants to be sent home?

Not you reading between the lines. Somehow I missed him saying what you claim.

And do think that there is a central system in Ireland that keep.records of everyone entering here on holidays? And then leaving?
    What about EU citizens or UK citizens? Where do you think those statistics are kept?

tell me, when someone is caught entering this country on a false passport, how do you think they were caught ?

astound me..

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Heraclius

The centre-right Les Republicains Party did well in French elections this week, with a harder message than Macron who has also proposed much tighter immigration laws.

Eventually Irish politicians are going to have to change tack, we are becoming more and more of an outlier in Europe with our refusal to implement proper immigration controls.

Just because a policy is popular does not make it morally right or even logical.

Um, can you quote him where he said he wanted all immigrants to be sent home?

Not you reading between the lines. Somehow I missed him saying what you claim.

wasting your time, I asked already ad they have avoided it,
    not the first question they avoided either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Ok then. Try running our health service without immigrants.[/QUOTE]
    Try running our health service without LEGAL immigrants with genuine qualifications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In 2021 our tax is spent thusly..

Social Protection: 23.3 billion

Health: 22.1 billion

Education: 8.9 billion

Justice: 3.0 billion

Agriculture: 1.8 billion

Debt Service/EU payments : 9.2 billion

Transport : 3.5 billion

Misc : 17.8 billion

So we want to run up higher numbers by facilitating a rapid population growth ?

Who pays for it ? Taxes will skyrocket....

Likely a range of hosted servers. You do understand how data can be recorded and stored in this digital age of ours?

You seem to think that this would be hard to do. It's not.

Strumms wrote: »
    In 2021 our tax is spent thusly..

Social Protection: 23.3 billion

Health: 22.1 billion

Education: 8.9 billion

Justice: 3.0 billion

Agriculture: 1.8 billion

Debt Service/EU payments : 9.2 billion

Transport : 3.5 billion

Misc : 17.8 billion

So we want to run up higher numbers by facilitating a rapid population growth ?

Who pays for it ? Taxes will skyrocket....

wait til all them have to be housed, ( before the Irish obviously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Try running our health service without LEGAL immigrants with genuine qualifications.[/QUOTE]

Yep, all whom arrive to fill skills gaps and shortages in skills and qualified personnel ...earn, pay their way and contribute to the running and success of the state and its population. I’m all for that, i benefitted from it personally. A mutually beneficial arrangement.

• Advertisement

Just because a policy is popular does not make it morally right or even logical.

It is both morally right and logical in this instance. That's why the vast majority of countries in the world control it tightly.

Advertisement