Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

Heraclius wrote: »
    I think you are confusing posting in good faith and agreeing with your opinion.

Nope. I have zero problem with people disagreeing with me. It would be the main reason I spend time on boards.. so that I can better my own arguments through intelligent discussion.

However, you're not seeking to do that. So, I'll leave it to others to deal with you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Annasopra wrote: »
    Where is your evidence of the assertions of questions 1 and 2.

from experience.

As I said every non irish person i know,has nothing but good things to say about this country.
    It is why they are here.

This vile notion that because there are obviously some racists, as they are in every country, it is somehow a racist country.
    In fact this country is so non racist that is why so many come here and now we have the financial problem that comes with that.

As for the housing i know people over a DECADE on the housing list and still waiting yet families that have only been in the country less than 2 years are housed.
    Dont even troll me or insult my intelligence and tell me that is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

18 arrested in Ireland last year on jihadist terrorist charges, great to see we are importing the same issues France, the UK etc have been battling.
    I thought paddy was getting all the nice ones!

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiTWh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnJ0ZS5pZS9uZXdzL2lyZWxhbmQvMjAyMS8wNjIyLzEyMzA3MzgtdGVycm9yaXNtLW9mZmVuY2VzLWlyZWxhbmQv0gEfaHR0cHM6Ly9hbXAucnRlLmllL2FtcC8xMjMwNzM4Lw?hl=en-IE&gl=IE&ceid=IE%3Aen

enricoh wrote: »
    18 arrested in Ireland last year on jihadist terrorist charges, great to see we are importing the same issues France, the UK etc have been battling.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiTWh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnJ0ZS5pZS9uZXdzL2lyZWxhbmQvMjAyMS8wNjIyLzEyMzA3MzgtdGVycm9yaXNtLW9mZmVuY2VzLWlyZWxhbmQv0gEfaHR0cHM6Ly9hbXAucnRlLmllL2FtcC8xMjMwNzM4Lw?hl=en-IE&gl=IE&ceid=IE%3Aen

the are enriching us seemingly

That is awful. Disgraceful, hadn't heard much about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If 18 are arrested there are probably multiples of that operating under the radar.

Surprised RTE even reported about it.

they are people who want to destroy us and our way of life, but if we complain about them we are the racists.....go work that one out

This is infuriating:

"Several anti-terrorist investigations are ongoing, the report says, targeting lone individuals and groups that include men and women with Irish nationality, dual nationalities, and foreign nationalities."

A few years back this wouldn't have been an issue in Ireland. At least the Gardai seem to be doing as much as they can but realistically it's only going to get worse and worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

If 18 are arrested there are probably multiples of that operating under the radar.

Surprised RTE even reported about it.

I'm amazed rte reported it! Someone slipped up!

I'm amazed rte reported it! Someone slipped up!

it was interpol news and they knew if they did not report it their agenda would be outed, as other media would

• Advertisement

European figures are available now for Jihadism arrests in 2020.

Germany with a population of 83 million arrested 27, France with a population of 67 million arrested 99. Ireland with 5 million people have arrested 18.

We are number one in the whole of Europe.

An Garda Siochana, on the ball :D

European figures are available now for Jihadism arrests in 2020.

Germany with a population of 83 million arrested 27, France with a population of 67 million arrested 99. Ireland with 5 million people have arrested 18.

We are number one in the whole of Europe.

maybe its easier for them to come here, and prove why we need stronger restrictions on immigration.

The pc brigade will be along shortly to make excuses

bubblypop wrote: »

I'm glad you find it funny, you're twisted.

I'm glad you find it funny, you're twisted.

Who find it funny?
    I think it's great that AGS are well ahead on these investigations

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

maybe its easier for them to come here, and prove why we need stronger restrictions on immigration.

Maybe a Police force with a long recent history on tackling terrorism has an expertise to identify and arrest terrorists that other EU countries dont have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

The report also warns of the increased prominence and threat from terrorists online, particularly right wing terrorists disseminating propaganda online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

The UK reported 79 terrorism-related arrests in Northern Ireland in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gearoid88

Pity they cant respond to people suffering from Domestic violence.

Gearoid88 wrote: »
    Pity they cant respond to people suffering from Domestic violence.

do you not find it odd that the very same muslim men with a history of treating women like absolute dirt, have so many white women defending them ?

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Maybe a Police force with a long recent history on tackling terrorism has an expertise to identify and arrest terrorists that other EU countries dont have?

That's not the reason. French and German police have decades of experience fighting terrorist threats as well.

Interesting when results are published about the level of Jihadism activity in Ireland that the usual suspects go straight back to "but what about Northern Ireland"...

That's not the reason. French and German police have decades of experience fighting terrorist threats as well.

No other police force has the experience of our own when it comes to terrorism.
    AGS were dealing with the threat of terrorism decades before any other police force.
    Which turns out to be a positive thing now, that they are ahead of the game with international terrorism.

No other police force has the experience of our own when it comes to terrorism.
    AGS were dealing with the threat of terrorism decades before any other police force.
    Which turns out to be a positive thing now, that they are ahead of the game with international terrorism.

Again, not true. French, German, British, Spanish police have been dealing with terrorism for decades, way back to the 60s and 70s.

I'm putting you on ignore now...

Sardonicat wrote: »

Take a look at terrorist attacks in Europe over the last 40 years. They've (European nations) all had plenty of experience dealing with them, and the training to back them up on it.

It's good that the Gardai are on the ball, but lets not exaggerate to make them look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Free house and money every week , what's not to like .

Free house and money every week , what's not to like .

but if you complain about the people coming here which includes terrorists, criminals etc, taking houses of the irish people who are longer on the list, then you might be called a racist.

but if you complain about the people coming here which includes terrorists, criminals etc, taking houses of the irish people who are longer on the list, then you might be called a racist.

So what? That accusation has lost it's effectiveness in recent years, and the people who throw it around tend to be pretty crap at arguments, and besides, often it's easy to turn the racism accusation back at them. Reverse racism is still racism.

Look. It's easy enough to deal with. Criticism in a reasonable manner will deflect any ignorant objections coming from the pro-multiculturalism crowd. However, going to extremes, and placing all migrants into the same negative category, will open you up to be labelled all manner of things.. and they wouldn't be far wrong.

Immigration which is properly controlled is a good thing.. Just as bringing in new people to be citizens, can be a good thing if it's properly managed, with clear expectations for assimilation. The argument concerns convincing people that assimilation should be the end goal, not the divisive society they seem to want.

As for terrorism, and such.. yeah it's an issue, but I don't see it as being a major risk. I'm more concerned with the social issues that arise from different national/cultural groups with very traditional beliefs which run counter to our own laws/expectations of behavior. The problem is, of course, if we don't have the goal of assimilation, then, immigrants will expect their own customs to have validity over here... maybe not immediately, but once their populations rise, they will. It's basic human nature.

I too have no problem with immigration, dont care about color or creed etc as long as the number is not as ridiculous as it is and is more manageable, and all people are properly vetted.

There has to be limits though, when it is coming at the expense of our own citizens then it is clearly an issue.

Be aware of what can happen with skilled migration, look at Australia where it's been called successful.

[https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-18/if-employers-cant-tap-global-labour-markets-wages-will-rise/100222156](https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-18/if-employers-cant-tap-global-labour-markets-wages-will-rise/100222156&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1624142790379000&usg=AFQjCNHVnHamrDfeGgaUBJD1VcenwO2ybQ)

Reserve Bank governor Phil Lowe says Australia's closed international borders are having a huge impact on the labour market.

He said since employers could not "tap global labour markets" for workers like they used to, before the pandemic, Australia was starting to see pockets of wage increases in the economy.
    "What used to happen before the pandemic is if there was a shortage in the labour market for a particular skill, firms could go overseas and tap the global labour market," Dr Lowe said.
    "That meant that if there was very strong demand for workers with a particular skill, the price, the wage, didn't really move very much because you could go and get workers overseas."
    Dr Lowe said Australia's level of immigration wasn't necessarily the issue at the moment, it was the inability of employers to import workers from overseas to fill roles where there are labour shortages.

Dr Lowe said many firms were even trying to hold out until borders reopened.
    "Firms are saying 'well we don't want to bid up the cost base now, because perhaps towards the end of the year there'll be a way to get workers to come back in with skills that we really need'," he said.
    If that didn't happen, he added, and borders were still closed a year from now, we would see more upward pressure on wages and inflation.
    "It's one of the uncertainties," he said.

• Advertisement

big business welcome migration where mean miser companies can exploit cheap labour.

Maybe in australia now they can offer a decent wage to entice workers

Advertisement