Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

jmayo wrote: »
    Ah yes something that slips through every now and then is the air of superiority dripping off those that subscribe to mass immigration of people from more certain cultures.

If someone anti immigration were to say most of the immigrants/asylum seekers come from sh**holes that are backward in the extreme they would castigated by people who are pro immigration/pro asylum seeker/etc.

But you are openly of the viewpoint that you and this culture in the West is superior and all it takes is for these lads to be welcomed in and hey presto they will see the error of their ways.

Next thing you know Kalid who was forcing his wife to live as a second class serf, was advocating death to gays and joining protests against Western nations for allowing cartoons depicting a somewhat fictious character as a joke, only needs to spend some time in the likes of Ireland and next thing you know he will be joining a gay pride march and buying his missus copies of Germaine Greer's books.

Fecking hell the delusion.

no no no...we are expected to believe that wife beaters who despise gay people and wish death on capitalists, and anyone that dares mock their invisible man will come here and completely change their entire personality and behaviour overnight once they get here.....

This is the mindset we have to put up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

We now have a situation in Ireland last year where per head of population we had the most arrests for Jihadism terrorism. A lot of these people hold joint nationality or even non Irish nationality. The solution is tighten our immigration policies so they can't come here in the first place. We are seen as a soft touch throughout the world.

There should also be an investigation held as to how these people have managed to base themselves in Ireland and action should be taken to prevent it happening again.

Attempts by posters here to suddenly start talking about right wing terrorism or Northern Ireland are the usual tactics of deflection.

I wonder how the eastern European countries that said thanks but no thanks when Merkel opened up the borders a few years ago are getting on with Islamic terrorists?
    Their politicians may never get any plum jobs in Europe but I'd say their terror threat level is lower than those countries that rolled out the red carpet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

enricoh wrote: »
    I wonder how the eastern European countries that said thanks but no thanks when Merkel opened up the borders a few years ago are getting on with Islamic terrorists?
    Their politicians may never get any plum jobs in Europe but I'd say their terror threat level is lower than those countries that rolled out the red carpet!

I wonder how they are getting on with LGBT issues.

Do you not want to talk about the report you linked earlier anymore?
    Not want to address any of the points I took from the report you linked to no. ok.

jmayo wrote: »
    Why do you do that ?
    I have seen this type of line thrown out a few times now.

It appears smarmy, condescending and provocative.

Are you trying to provoke an argument trying to get someone of an opposing view to say something so you can get them thrown out of the thread/forum ?

But your post is positively dripping with peace and joy, right jm?

robbie doing everything he can to deflect.....typical

• Advertisement

anyone that thinks some immigrant with a history of wife beating, or pro jihadist tendencies, or is a blatant homophobe, or a combination of 2 or all 3 is suddenly going to "change" overnight cos he will get a council house in tallaght is seriously deluded.

I wonder how they are getting on with LGBT issues.

Do you not want to talk about the report you linked earlier anymore?
    Not want to address any of the points I took from the report you linked to no. ok.

I wonder how they are getting on with their road infrastructure- am I doing the whataboutery correctly?!

Go on enlighten me Robbie, was it a big bad waysist writing for the Indo ? Or wha

Actually dont Robbie , I couldn't be bothered realistically!

robbie doing everything he can to deflect.....typical

Deflect to what or from what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭jmreire

yoke wrote: »
    What’s your solution?

We send them all back into the Middle East, wait 500 years until they develop a WMD capable of destroying the world, and then destroy the world in a big war with them?

Or is it, send them back to the Middle East and try to eradicate them right now?

Those are the only 2 options I can see, if you refuse to allow them to merge.

The problem is and alway has been since the 6 century for Muslims is that they cannot change. No matter what Islamic Country they come from, and no matter where they go, they bring their Islam with them, it is the most important thing in their lives, and this has never changed, and it wont ever change. During the Covid lockdown, when all travel and visiting etc was forbidden for everyone, 130 Muslims went to Blackpits Mosque to celebrate Ramadan...was this the only Mosque where the law was broken? You can be sure that it was not. When they represent a small % of the overall population, they are pretty quiet, but with their Nrs increasing, they become increasingly vocal. This is what has happened in other Countrys, and here will not be the exception. Quite simply, Muslims will only integrate as much as they have to. but their Islam is non-negotiable and there will not be much merging.

• Advertisement

Which immigrants do posters think should be vetted?

bubblypop wrote: »
    Which immigrants do posters think should be vetted?

All of them.
    Or do you think we just let everyone in or give some preferential treatment ?

All of them.
    Or do you think we just let everyone in or give some preferential treatment ?

Including EU immigrants?
    Because currently they are the only immigrants that are not vetted.

Including EU immigrants?
    Because currently they are the only immigrants that are not vetted.

Yes.

Which part of the word Everyone are you having difficulty understanding.
    We should be stopping the scum from european countries from entering too

and the vetting process needs to be more stringent as the jihadists being caught proves there are serious flaws as it is.

Yes.

Which part of the word Everyone are you having difficulty understanding.
    We should be stopping the scum from european countries from entering too

and the vetting process needs to be more stringent as the jihadists being caught proves there are serious flaws as it is.

I'm not sure you would have many agreeing with you about the EU immigrants!
    Considering we have freedom of movement of all persons across the EU, I'm not sure you would ever see it happening.

Also, so you know where the arrested people are from? You seem to be sure they needed permission to be here?

As it happens, I agree with you, to an extent.

if you have committed crimes like murder, rape, etc or on a sex offenders list and have did your time in what ever european country, you should not be allowed to come here.

as for non eu people, same applies, if you are an ex con, get fuq-ed you aint coming in.
    We have enough of our own scum without importing other countries rubbish.

Likewise other countries should be free to deny irish ex cons entry to their countries.

if you have committed crimes like murder, rape, etc or on a sex offenders list and have did your time in what ever european country, you should not be allowed to come here.

as for non eu people, same applies, if you are an ex con, get fuq-ed you aint coming in.
    We have enough of our own scum without importing other countries rubbish.

Likewise other countries should be free to deny irish ex cons entry to their countries.

Well, at least with sex offenders we do actually know when they come here and they are subject to life long supervision.

Any EU citizen can come and live here no matter what their previous convictions, we don't even require them to register their residency anywhere!

Non EU citizens are subject to vetting at all times.

Well, at least with sex offenders we do actually know when they come here and they are subject to life long supervision.

Any EU citizen can come and live here no matter what their previous convictions, we don't even require them to register their residency anywhere!

Non EU citizens are subject to vetting at all times.

so let me get this right, you complained in this thread that we have no way of keeping statistics, but somehow we should trust other countries, when we give the most flimsy "vetting" to immigrants.

How come we have jihadist terrorists in this country then if the vetting process was any good ?

so let me get this right, you complained in this thread that we have no way of keeping statistics, but somehow we should trust other countries, when we give the most flimsy "vetting" to immigrants.

How come we have jihadist terrorists in this country then if the vetting process was any good ?

I never said we should trust other countries? Don't know where you got That from. And we don't keep statistics, as pointed out EU citizens are free to come and go, without even having to register their residency.
    How well do you know the vetting process?

You didn't answer my question, do you know where the arrested people were from?

I never said we should trust other countries? Don't know where you got That from. And we don't keep statistics, as pointed out EU citizens are free to come and go, without even having to register their residency.
    How well do you know the vetting process?

You didn't answer my question, do you know where the arrested people were from?

I know the vetting process is not working if jihadi terrorists can come here. Yes, jihadi terrorists in Ireland., people who want to kill those who dont believe in their made up invisible man in the sky.

Carry on making excuses and deflecting

• Advertisement

I know the vetting process is not working if jihadi terrorists can come here. Yes, jihadi terrorists in Ireland., people who want to kill those who dont believe in their made up invisible man in the sky.

Carry on making excuses and deflecting

But you don't know where they are from?

But you don't know where they are from?

Ireland obviously....are you incapable of reading ?

oh wait are you trying to say they are not muslims ? originally from another country and these jihadi's are catholic irish people who do this as a hobby ? part timers eh ?

Here is a fact, they are here now, and pro immigration people like you are the reason they are here, sure why not,

Picture it now...They are saying lets go to Ireland, piece of piss, heck, the irish government will even house us ahead of their own people. We can pretend we are refugees.

If anyone says anything bandy the race card around, they will be plenty of gullible white people, especially white women quick to defend us, so what if we slap women around, hate gays, and treat them like dirt. Just pretend we are the victims, must dash, some terrorist attack to plan.

What a splendid future in store for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

The thing is, how can you vet someone coming from the islamic republic of *stan? How can you trust a clean record from somewhere where rape is not a criminal offense?

A better vetting process is to welcome them with a pint of Guinness and a ham sandwich :)

Ireland obviously....are you incapable of reading ?

oh wait are you trying to say they are not muslims ? originally from another country and these jihadi's are catholic irish people who do this as a hobby ? part timers eh ?

Here is a fact, they are here now, and pro immigration people like you are the reason they are here, sure why not,

Picture it now...They are saying lets go to Ireland, piece of piss, heck, the irish government will even house us ahead of their own people. We can pretend we are refugees.

If anyone says anything bandy the race card around, they will be plenty of gullible white people, especially white women quick to defend us, so what if we slap women around, hate gays, and treat them like dirt. Just pretend we are the victims, must dash, some terrorist attack to plan.

What a splendid future in store for Ireland.

Well thanks for the insults.
    You believe they are muslim, that's a fair assessment I would think, makes sense as to why they were collecting money for Islamic terrorist groups.

Now, once more, where do you believe those people are from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Here is a scenario...

Jihadi hates capitalists, and all they stand for, despise gays too. Wants them stoned to death., cos his invisible man seemingly said so in some book.
    His wife, who was forced in to marrying him by her father who is nothing more than a pimp, has little or no rights, and she gets slapped around by the jihadi., sod her rights eh ?

They come to Ireland, and get a council house, and SUDDENLY we are expected to believe this man is no longer a homophobe, no longer a wife beater, no longer a terrorist, no longer a scumbag who treats people like dirt....why ? We already had one person in this thread say they "can change"....as if that could happen.

People seriously need to open their eyes. Also women defending these bigots and scumbags remind me of those battered wives you see on tv making excuses for these people.
    You should read GIS reports. Plenty of reliable data https://www.gisreportsonline.com/opinion-the-danes-know-that-uncontrolled-immigration-would-damage-their-welfare-system,politics,3078.html

Honestly take a break from the Internet there JCD this is just paranoid stuff now.

I notice that you removed your post about "white" nationalism (a fair bit after you posted it).

You see, I find this part quite interesting because I've traveled extensively in non-western nations. China is incredibly nationalistic. As are most Asian countries. Russia, definitely. The US, yup, totally. But then, so too are African countries, except along tribal lines. And then when we look at S.America, there's little in the way of nationalism, except for particular nations, but all the same there is a strong desire for a sense of self. Which is especially true when to talk to people along minority lines, and see the tribalism that exists.

You took a definition regarding "white" or ethnic nationalism which, lets' be fair, was extremely biased towards the fascist idea of nationalism. However, it's worth considering, that the idea of nationalism arose within Europe, and there are a wide range of considerations about nationalism. Now, I grew up in a nationalistic family, spent excessive time in nationalistic Irish colleges, and.. while I treasure the idea of an Irish nation, I'm lacking in any of the supposed racial superiority that comes with "White nationalism". In fact, I find the term offensive because it assumes that all nationalism that comes from White people must follow along similar lines...and "white" nationalism doesn't. It's varied.

You see, I've spent the last decade being exposed to other forms of nationalism. China and Japan. And.. honestly, I wonder if the people who complain about white nationalism really consider what ethnic nationalism is all about.

Now, admittedly, I'm into my second bottle of wine, and my logic circuits are pretty screwed, but there's a definite sense of propaganda ongoing when it comes to white nationalism.

So.. tell me something. Forget nationalism. Why is it that only western nations must be so welcoming to everyone, when non-western nations aren't themselves? In fact, if you want to look at nationalism worldwide, the biggest examples of nationalistic nations would be found outside of Western nations.. and yet,,,,

I notice that you removed your post about "white" nationalism (a fair bit after you posted it).

You see, I find this part quite interesting because I've traveled extensively in non-western nations. China is incredibly nationalistic. As are most Asian countries. Russia, definitely. The US, yup, totally. But then, so too are African countries, except along tribal lines. And then when we look at S.America, there's little in the way of nationalism, except for particular nations, but all the same there is a strong desire for a sense of self. Which is especially true when to talk to people along minority lines, and see the tribalism that exists.

You took a definition regarding "white" or ethnic nationalism which, lets' be fair, was extremely biased towards the fascist idea of nationalism. However, it's worth considering, that the idea of nationalism arose within Europe, and there are a wide range of considerations about nationalism. Now, I grew up in a nationalistic family, spent excessive time in nationalistic Irish colleges, and.. while I treasure the idea of an Irish nation, I'm lacking in any of the supposed racial superiority that comes with "White nationalism". In fact, I find the term offensive because it assumes that all nationalism that comes from White people must follow along similar lines...and "white" nationalism doesn't. It's varied.

You see, I've spent the last decade being exposed to other forms of nationalism. China and Japan. And.. honestly, I wonder if the people who complain about white nationalism really consider what ethnic nationalism is all about.

Now, admittedly, I'm into my second bottle of wine, and my logic circuits are pretty screwed, but there's a definite sense of propaganda ongoing when it comes to white nationalism.

So.. tell me something. Forget nationalism. Why is it that only western nations must be so welcoming to everyone, when non-western nations aren't themselves? In fact, if you want to look at nationalism worldwide, the biggest examples of nationalistic nations would be found outside of Western nations.. and yet,,,,

I took it away klaz. Because I am genuinely concerned for that posters mental state and wanted to leave only that part of my post.

I have never said only western nations should be welcoming.
    Not even once.

I can only offer my opinion as a citizen of Ireland I cannot truly speak as if a Japanese citizen or Chinese citizen because I am neither.

I notice that you removed your post about "white" nationalism (a fair bit after you posted it). ,

because he was trying to imply I was a racist.

I despise people who treat women like dirt
    I despise people who wish gay people be stoned to death
    I despise people who think nothing of marrying 12 year olds
    I despise people who would pimp out their daughter in arranged marriages

I despise people who think blowing up people is ok because of some invisible man in the sky

I do not want those backward, vile people in my country.
    Trying to imply i must therefore be a racist is the only comeback they have, and says more about them.

Cordell wrote: »
    The thing is, how can you vet someone coming from the islamic republic of *stan? How can you trust a clean record from somewhere where rape is not a criminal offense?

A better vetting process is to welcome them with a pint of Guinness and a ham sandwich :)

Probationary periods. Staggered.

I have a good friend from Kirghistan who married someone just so she could gain a European visa, and Irish citizenship. She was prepared to live that way so she could get what she wanted. I think we underestimate the value of both, our citizenship, and also the EU visas... why can't we make migrants jump through various hoops before they become eligible for citizenship?

• Advertisement

<snip>

Advertisement