Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,711 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

But no need to mention the completly different scenarios in sevran and in Ireland today.

Can you tell us what in the name of god you think we are doing any differently to any other European country 30 years a go?

The trouble there is coming here. It's cause and effect. We haven't learned a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Is that in leinster munster ulster or connaught?
    Is this more extremist induction material from youtube?
    I'm not watching your conspiracy videos.
    Any reputable news sources?

France 24, the French states version of RTÉ is now a conspiracy channel. I expected deflection, but that is tinfoil hat territory. Maybe it’s time to take a break from the internet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

bubblypop wrote: »
    Gas.
    There was a second generation immigrant to this country posting here not too long ago. Everyone praised him and agreed that second generation immigrants are not a problem!
    Citations please. Never mind that one doesn't equal a trend. Again please point out any multicultural nation in Europe where the darker the skin the more likely a person is to be found clustered at the bottom of that society's stats in education, employment and social issues and how that trends towards multigenerational. And by the way yes I fully believe racism is most certainly a factor. If this social experiment was such the overwhelming positive it is then this should be easy to do, but yet we await examples.
    Look at the type of language used hardly ready for a fair and balanced discussion.

sucking from this... teat.

This is commonly used language to demean people and liken them animals.
    It's a turn of phrase and a common enough one at that. And I'll stand by it. There are two many NGO's in this country, most of which have major overlap with others and they are dragging out of this nations finances, however one cares to describe them.
    idiotic DP screwup

Again ready to discuss I see.
    The dogs on the street know the current DP setup was a disaster. The NGO's said it, the government said it, those in the system said it. I have no idea why you're arguing about something you'd almost certainly agree with.
    Probably accuse me of deflecting no doubt or maybe bring up how many infractions have been handed out to the sides you are assigning people on this thread too.
    There is no need to accuse anyone of anything, it's quite evident with even the most cursory of readings. You pick something, anything, even the "tone" of language involved, that you can from an opposing viewpoint's post seemingly hoping for a gotcha moment, no doubt further hoping for something and someone you can accuse of racism, while studiously and quite obviously avoiding every relevant point and question posed. Questions that remain unanswered throughout the run of this thread, answers it seems that don't like the questions. Essentially this:

58810d0c1161e_2011-04-29_095644_smiley_fingers_in_ears.gifc200.gif.27eb851e329bb90d2563d53b4ecbff1e.gif

It's been far and away the biggest surprise of this discussion. I for one imagined a far more robust defence of such a sacred cow accepted truth in policy and political philosophy.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Wibbs wrote: »

Questions that remain unanswered throughout the run of this thread, answers it seems that don't like the questions. Essentially this:

This classic. I love this deflection technique on this thread.
    I'll ask again as usual so. What questions?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The lack of self awareness is quite staggering. For someone who deflects as a near reflex you don't seem to grasp the meaning of the word itself.

The questions have been put forward throughout the thread and have been consistently avoided and/or deflected away from. But here's a few:

What are the positives of multiculturalism? And no, charity, exoticism and the Irish were migrants once aren't answers. If they're the only answers forthcoming might I respectfully suggest the defence of multiculturalism is wafer thin indeed.

Where are the examples of European nations where multiculturalism works according to the pro camp?

With the exceptions of those of East Asian origin where are the examples of European nations where those of non European origins don't tend to cluster around the bottom of the stats for education, wealth, employment and social problems and over generations with it?

if Ireland is going to be magically different then why with barely 25 years of multiculturalism we're already seeing ghettoisation, a rise in social problems, an increase in the tax burden because of social supports and an increase in the Them V Us rhetoric egged on by both the "left" and the "right"?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

The lack of self awareness is quite staggering. For someone who deflects as a near reflex you don't seem to grasp the meaning of the word itself.

The questions have been put forward throughout the thread and have been consistently avoided and/or deflected away from. But here's a few:

What are the positives of multiculturalism? And no, charity, exoticism and the Irish were migrants once aren't answers. If they're the only answers forthcoming might I respectfully suggest the defence of multiculturalism is wafer thin indeed.

Where are the examples of European nations where multiculturalism works according to the pro camp?

With the exceptions of those of East Asian origin where are the examples of European nations where those of non European origins don't tend to cluster around the bottom of the stats for education, wealth, employment and social problems and over generations with it?

if Ireland is going to be magically different then why with barely 25 years of multiculturalism we're already seeing ghettoisation, a rise in social problems, an increase in the tax burden because of social supports and an increase in the Them V Us rhetoric egged on by both the "left" and the "right"?

Which one do you want to deal with first?

Fandymo wrote: »
    France 24, the French states version of RTÉ is now a conspiracy channel. I expected deflection, but that is tinfoil hat territory. Maybe it’s time to take a break from the internet.

I'm still waiting for to produce a single quote of mine to support your agenda claim.
    Any luck finding that yet?

I got one!

(Considering its referenced in Torah, Bible and Hadiths, and has existed in many cultures).

Is it "vile" to stone someone for adultery?

Yes, because...
    Or
    No, because....

Many posters come on and explain that they don't need to make arguments for multiculturalism, because they don't need to!
    People are happy enough, it is what it is, no need to argue for it, because no-one feels strongly.
    But if course that is ignored that and the fact that no-one really argues a positive

I got one!

(Considering its referenced in Torah, Bible and Hadiths, and has existed in many cultures).

Is it "vile" to stone someone for adultery?

Yes, because...
    Or
    No, because....

Well holy god. Or maybe I should say stone me..

Ah Mike I'm really disappointed this is your big gotcha question for me. Honestly this is a really really poor effort.

Honestly Mike read this thread from yesterday and the day before where I was really quite clear on this issue. I actually wrote the answer to this question in bold and underlined it. And not only that I then later on quoted myself as a reply again to WrenBoy when he kept asking me this same question over and over and over again.
    Despite me providing the answer on Thursday then again on Friday (this time in bold and underlined).
    Yet here we are on Saturday and your getting upset about this very same silly question.

• Advertisement

Witb respect Bubbly, that's a total and utter cop out. If I were to pose the question; what are the positives for equal rights for women? None of us would be short of answers to that. What are the positives of democracy? What are the positives to social support? What are the positives to an agreement on universal human rights? What are the positives of a right of free assembly? What are the positives of labour laws? There is a very long list of commonly accepted truths in our culture that are seen as positives that would be equally easy to put down clear reasons as to why and we would all feel pretty strongly about each one of them, even if they're currently near universally accepted. But your answer is essentially it's just accepted, nothing to see here, even when the list of negatives is so easy to write? That's an extremely unbalanced argument indeed.

Which one do you want to deal with first?
    Any of them would be nice.

Any of them would be nice.

This one OK with you

What are the positives of multiculturalism?

Well holy god. Or maybe I should say stone me..

Ah Mike I'm really disappointed this is your big gotcha question for me. Honestly this is a really really poor effort.

Honestly Mike read this thread from yesterday and the day before where I was really quite clear on this issue. I actually wrote the answer to this question in bold and underlined it. And not only that I then later on quoted myself as a reply again to WrenBoy when he kept asking me this same question over and over and over again.
    Despite me providing the answer on Thursday then again on Friday (this time in bold and underlined).
    Yet here we are on Saturday and your getting upset about this very same silly question.

So you asked for evidence of you deflecting and avoiding questions.
    You got it.
    And are now doing your by now all to familiar gyrations.

And again, in your latest response, you present a mistrust.
    You said you were against the death penalty:
    Edit Just to clarify your last little misinterpretation of me Wrenboy I have said multiple times on this thread I am opposed to capital punishment.
    And just to be very very very very clear so you don't get upset about this again.

I RobbieTheRobber oppose capital punishment in all its forms in all places on earth (and also in made up heavens) and by all parties.

You haven't said its vile, because either you believe it is vile but can't say it, as it will expose you as a hypocrite, or you don't believe it actually is vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

I'm still waiting for to produce a single quote of mine to support your agenda claim.
    Any luck finding that yet?

Laughable. Deflect, deflect, deflect.

So you asked for evidence of you deflecting and avoiding questions.
    You got it.
    And are now doing your by now all to familiar gyrations.

And again, in your latest response, you present a mistrust.
    You said you were against the death penalty:

You haven't said its vile, because either you believe it is vile but can't say it, as it will expose you as a hypocrite, or you don't believe it actually is vile.

Sorry Mike are you saying I deflected by answering a question yesterday on this thread that you are again asking today?

I mean how much clearer do you need me to be on capital punishment?

I find the actual act of capital punishment to be morally wrong.
    I find the idea of capital punishment to be archaic.

Eh how about I don't like capital punishment it's bad.

Fandymo wrote: »
    Laughable. Deflect, deflect, deflect.

One quote Fandymo. You made a statement regarding me and I am yet again asking for one quote of mine to support your claim of an agenda.

Sorry Mike are you saying I deflected by answering a question yesterday on this thread that you are again asking today?

I mean how much clearer do you need me to be on capital punishment?

I find the actual act of capital punishment to be morally wrong.
    I find the idea of capital punishment to be archaic.

Eh how about I don't like capital punishment it's bad.

Dhera more spinning and gyrating, obfuscation and spoofing.
    "I don't like...its bad"

We both know I'm not talking about capital punishment.
    I'm referring to stoning for adultery.
    It's very specific, and not a bit racist.to say its a vile barbaric act.

There's a very simple way to completely take the wind from my sails. To simply say you find stoning for adultery vile.
    Easy.

But you can't.
    For "whatever" reason (anyone with a passing interest in the thread will know), ,instead you'll bluster, deflect , spoof and strawman
    Par for the course.

Dhera more spinning and gyrating, obfuscation and spoofing.
    "I don't like...its bad"

We both know I'm not talking about capital punishment.
    I'm referring to stoning for adultery.
    It's very specific, and not a bit racist.to say its a vile barbaric act.

There's a very simple way to completely take the wind from my sails. To simply say you find stoning for adultery vile.
    Easy.

But you can't.
    For "whatever" reason (anyone with a passing interest in the thread will know), ,instead you'll bluster, deflect , spoof and strawman
    Par for the course.

Eh Mike, you are talking about capital punishment because stoning is a capital punishment!

Eh Mike, you are talking about capital punishment because stoning is a capital punishment!

I'm talking about stoning for adultery.

You deliberately brought in capital punishment in principle to deflect, spoof and obfuscate.
    Loads of methods. Some more vile than others.
    Start a thread on it.

• Advertisement

I'm talking about stoning for adultery.

You deliberately brought in capital punishment in principle to deflect, spoof and obfuscate.
    Loads of methods. Some more vile than others.
    Start a thread on it.

Stoning, or lapidation, is a method of capital punishment where a group throws stones at a person until the subject dies from blunt trauma.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

This one OK with you

What are the positives of multiculturalism?

Some are good athletes , footballers and cheap labour .

This is typical of you Robbie - a straw man.

I havent argued its not a method of capital punishment. We're in agreement.
    So is hanging. Decapitation. Lethal injection. 100s of others.

Stoning for adultery is vile.
    But you can't say it, can you?

But spoof away buddy. The gig us up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭jmreire

I'd say myself Mike that the problem for Robbie might be the use of the word "Islam", for example, " The Islamic practice of stoning to death for the crime of adultry is vile" Would that be right Robbie? If it is, see I've fixed it for you, OK? ;)

jmreire wrote: »
    I'd say myself Mike that the problem for Robbie might be the use of the word "Islam", for example, " The Islamic practice of stoning to death for the crime of adultry is vile" Would that be right Robbie? If it is, see I've fixed it for you, OK? ;)

That, and his biggest problem, he called out someone (Justin Credible Darts IIRC) as.a racist for saying it was vile to stone someone despite them not mentioning religion, with Robbie going on to produce evidence of stoning in the bible.

So he's either a hypocrite or he's OK with stoning someone.

jmreire wrote: »

No I have no problem with you making that statement. None what so ever.
    In fact I agree the use of capital punishment by whatever Islamic cultures practise it is wrong.

Why do you need to see a post from me with that specific line mike?
    What is your hang up with that particular word you keep repeating?

If I use the word vile does something happen for you, do you win a bet?
    It's really really weird.

The capital punishment of stoning is wrong.
    I oppose the use of stoning as a form of capital punishment.
    Stoning is bad, mkay Mike.

Chat later pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Why do you need to see a post from me with that specific line mike?
    What is your hang up with that particular word you keep repeating?

If I use the word vile does something happen for you, do you win a bet?
    It's really really weird.

The capital punishment of stoning is wrong.
    I oppose the use of stoning as a form of capital punishment.
    Stoning is bad, mkay Mike.

Chat later pal.

So the Jury has reached a decision congratulations .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭seenitall

So, proponents of a happy clappy, multi culti Europe:

What are your thoughts on these:

Consider the importation of a massive amount of people from places in Africa and Asia. The importation that has been going on, on a mass scale, since at least 2015, when it was basically a free for all for a while. Undocumented, unvetted, unknowable people, mostly young men, who due to the shambolic and politically way too sensitive reception and processing systems, were and are free to roam Europe as they please, occasionally setting fire to their accommodation if they don’t find it to standard or simply want to be moved on further north, occasionally raping a young woman or a young boy, occasionally going on a murdering spree, and so forth. Consider also that where they come from are usually places of an inferior culture to the western one, where women are treated as chattel, LGTB rights are non-existent and both the laws and the lawlessness tend to be intertwined with extreme violence.

Does the prospect of this importation raise any doubts with ye at all, I wonder, in relation to:

1) more or less “honour” killings ,

2) more, or less FGM,

3) more or less petty and violent crime

4) more or less ideology driven terrorist attacks (either Islamist or far-right ones)

5) more or less ghettoes and other places where native Europeans may just feel a tad unwelcome to set foot in, in their own countries

6) more or less pressure on European secular systems such as education to conform to other, non-European and (I repeat this as it’s a
    very important point, which will only grow in importance hugely in the coming years, and you may have to have a good think
    on ways of disputing it) vastly inferior, cultures’ expectations such as no pork in school canteens, no teaching of reproductive biology, no PE uniforms for girls etc

7)more or less security detail for Christmas markets, pop concerts, tourist attractions

8) more or less safety concerns for gay couples, women and young girls in the streets...

9) more or less grooming gangs, gang rapes and just gangs in general,

10) more or less inter-ethnic strife, and vigilantism,

in (Western) Europe in the next few decades?

What’s your best guess here? More or less of these? Or do you never consider this, maybe you forgot to consider it, or maybe you feel the answer to all those is a firm Less! I’d like to read some answers from people who are happy with this increasingly multi-cultural (Western) Europe and its fruits we have already seen the sproutings of. And because we have already seen them, and not just from recent arrivals, I think that sadly the answer is most definitely more, as how could it not be with a change on such a huge scale that is happening in the Western Europe. I don’t understand your reasoning, folks. It is very noble to think that every individual coming in has to be considered on their own merit, but it is not practical or feasible with the amount of people who are coming in daily or are on their way to Eldorado Europe as we speak. What gives? When is it ok to start generalising a tiny bit, just to save ourselves the hassle of trying to get rid of the masses of unwanted, unneeded and uninvited people from all corners of the globe, when is it ok to say: No more, thank you, we’re full up and the changes ye bring are fecking up our societies now and turning them into places similar to the places ye left, so - Desist?

• Advertisement

:D

This should be fun.

Advertisement