Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Do you honestly believe that most Muslims are pro homosexuality?

No.
    I have no idea what most of them are. The ones I know are perfectly ok with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

bubblypop wrote: »
    The views of that man, were just that, his views.
    It was of course advertised as the 'Muslim ' view.

50 Muslim countries in the world , one or two pride parades out of all them countries . I think his views are a lot more popular than you'd like to believe .

Do you honestly believe that most Muslims are pro homosexuality?

Less than half.

..."18% said they agreed (homosexuality should be legal in Britain) and 52% said they disagreed, compared with 5% among the public at large who disagreed."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭john123470

bubblypop wrote: »
    The views of that man, were just that, his views.
    It was of course advertised as the 'Muslim ' view.

Homosexuality is virtually outlawed in Islam. You yourself admit that it is punishable by death in some countries.

And yet you come out with the above statement

Lols .. are you ok ?

There is a move to have all sorts of things covered by the right to asylum, from gay rights to climate change. It will never end until essentially everyone in the world is entitled to claim asylum. Didn't Ireland recently provide protection to some sufferers of domestic violence? I stand to be corrected on that but I think it did happen. It's ridiculous.

As an aside if you want to see the toxicity of what is going on in Europe now that a close look at what is currently going on in the Batley and Spen election in England at the moment. That sort of poisonous and divivise rethoric will be a feature of our elections soon. We don't need it but continuing uncontrolled mass immigration is bringing it here cheered on by the usual suspects.

• Advertisement

As an aside if you want to see the toxicity of what is going on in Europe now that a close look at what is currently going on in the Batley and Spen election in England at the moment. That sort of poisonous and divivise rethoric will be a feature of our elections soon. We don't need it but continuing uncontrolled mass immigration is bringing it here cheered on by the usual suspects.
    This is certainly on topic

This is where multiculturalism ends up. With differing cultures being represented by different political parties:

https://www.euractiv.com/section/politics/short_news/new-muslim-party-in-sweden-eyes-turkish-community/

A pro-Islamic Party Nyanset (Nuance Party) is targeting Sweden’s Turkish and Muslim communities in a bid to reach the election threshold of 4% and enter parliament in the 2022 elections.

Party leader Mikail Yüksel announced to his 200 followers on TikTok on Friday that the party’s posters have even been put up in Turkey. Founded in 2019, the party could potentially gain a large following in Sweden, which is home to an estimated 810,000 Muslims, or around 8.1% of the population. Of these, around 50,000 people have Turkish origins.

^^
    Posted earlier in the thread but worth a mention in relation to that election in England. People think it's fairytale stuff but it's actually baked into the future for many places in Europe.

Doesn't have to be this way for Ireland, we have the advance warning

Might be worth posting some examples of what's happened over there for those who aren't aware

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

^^
    Posted earlier in the thread but worth a mention in relation to that election in England. People think it's fairytale stuff but it's actually baked into the future for many places in Europe.

Doesn't have to be this way for Ireland, we have the advance warning

Might be worth posting some examples of what's happened over there for those who aren't aware

What horrible horrible bastards they are, moving to a country and trying to integrate into society by getting involved in local politics.

What's not to like about them, they share the same goal as some poster here. Have you got some additional information on them?
    “Our goal is to stop Sweden from becoming another France,” said Mikail Yüksel in an interview with Turkish daily Yeni Şafak in January this year.
    The statement on the Nyanset website says the party is for all Swedes irrespective of religion and background. The programme covers a range of policies from schools and pensions to immigration, integration and religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

What horrible horrible bastards they are, moving to a country and trying to integrate into society by getting involved in local politics.

What's not to like about them, they share the same goal as some poster here. Have you got some additional information on them?

How does this make any sense from your own perspective? You hang around this thread because you don't like our views, yet you have no issue when Muslims hold the same views? :pac:

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭Cordell

Take the most devout Catholic, mix it with a hard line conservative, turn it all up to 11, and there you have it, your regular moderate muslim. This is what you are defending.

How does this make any sense from your own perspective? You hang around this thread because you don't like our views, yet you have no issue when Muslims hold the same views? :pac:

Have you got any more information on the party before we all get our pitchforks and flaming torches?

• Advertisement

They have every right to start political parties. If they want their views represented they should or vote for someone who will represent their views. That's the democratic system.

Youd be blind not to see the dangers of bringing in so many into the country that eventually the archaic views found across the Muslim world in relation to lgbt, women etc are found to be holding the balance of power.

You don't need much in terms of numbers to do that at all.

Ah the implied innocence of that.
    Sure they only want a few playgrounds and community centres.

Fill your boots:

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/erdogans-influence-europe-swedish-case-study

If UK is anything to go by, a significant proportion don't want to integrate.

Our goal is to stop Sweden from becoming another France,” said Mikail Yüksel in an interview with Turkish daily Yeni Şafak in January this year.

Reading this one would assume his goal is about european values that normally allow people to say or draw things without being shot or beheaded.
    But no, he want the complete opposite:
    Muslims and people of African origin should be given an official minority status and Islamophobia and Afrophobia criminalised

This is the real danger of the so called moderates. Not bombings, those are very rare events, but them getting into politics and rolling back europe hundreds of years, legally and democratically.

Muslims and people of African origin should be given an official minority status

The problem is that giving groups based on origin "minority status" destroys equality. After all, this is a status that is being given to someone and all of their descendants. Once you decide that some group should be protected, you've elevated them above other people, and reinforced the perception that they are different to the rest of the population. Which, in turn, will make them targets for all the bitterness associated with that favored status... and it will be a favored status, because as time goes by, they'll receive financial benefits or other privileges not available to mainstream society.

These kind of initiatives scream the end of any real movement towards social equality.
    and Islamophobia and Afrophobia criminalised

We already have laws regarding racism, and hate crimes.. any new laws that specify certain groups over others will simply expand the ways that these "protections" can be abused, with others being marginalised.

I dunno. I don't think any of this is healthy for western society, or for anyone who is not of the favored disadvantaged groups. (Whites, Asians, etc)

Cordell wrote: »
    Reading this one would assume his goal is about european values that normally allow people to say or draw things without being shot or beheaded.
    But no, he want the complete opposite:

This is the real danger of the so called moderates. Not bombings, those are very rare events, but them getting into politics and rolling back europe hundreds of years, legally and democratically.

As we can see with Poland and Hungary there is always a risk of regression in terms of freedoms granted.
    But what is your solution, is it a regression in some european democratic freedoms to stop a tiny potential of a group using the democratic process to restrict freedoms at some undefined point in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Do you hate all Muslims Tom?

What's the link to the ongoing discussion or thread topic?

Are in favor of homophobia and misogyny?
    Or are you against it only when it comes from native Europeans?

you can't have the cake and eat it at the same time

Tom I asked it as a question of that poster for the very reason you said. I didn't endorse the belief. :confused::confused:

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Are in favor of homophobia and misogyny?
    Or are you against it only when it comes from native Europeans?

you can't have the cake and eat it at the same time

What if I buy two cakes mic. Then I can have one and eat one. Problem solved

What if I buy two cakes mic. Then I can have one and eat one. Problem solved

If a culture is homophobic you can't import the culture and at the same time making it non homophobic.

But obviously this means for you having to chose between being homophobic or xenophobic.

That's when you need to start thinking outside of the left-wing ideologies and start thinking for the benefit of your own nation and culture

If a culture is homophobic you can't import the culture and at the same time making it non homophobic.

But obviously this means for you having to chose between being homophobic or xenophobic.

That's when you need to start thinking outside of the left-wing ideologies and start thinking for the benefit of your own nation and culture

Which culture should I start thinking for?

• Advertisement

As we can see with Poland and Hungary there is always a risk of regression in terms of freedoms granted.
    But what is your solution, is it a regression in some european democratic freedoms to stop a tiny potential of a group using the democratic process to restrict freedoms at some undefined point in the future?

I don't have a solution, but that doesn't mean I don't see the problem. A party that calls for regression in terms of freedoms and European values is a problem, in Poland they have the native Catholic kind, this "Swedish" one is the imported islamic kind.
    But recognising the problem is the first step.

Which culture should I start thinking for?

Do you identify with the irish culture of equal rights for women/gay/lesbians/etc?

If you do, are you willing to prevent this culture from being adapted into something that is less equal so as to accommodate people who may have a different view on equality?

I don't have a solution, but that doesn't mean I don't see the problem. A party that calls for regression in terms of freedoms and European values is a problem, in Poland they have the native Catholic kind, this "Swedish" one is the imported islamic kind.
    But recognising the problem is the first step.

Here we have the national party.
    I'm not going to start arguing the national party is a real worrying threat to democracy any time soon are you going to argue that for this party?

Should the Swedish give them more concern than the Irish should about the national party?

Do you identify with the irish culture of equal rights for women/gay/lesbians/etc?

If you do, are you willing to prevent this culture from being adapted into something that is less equal so as to accommodate people who may have a different view on equality?

Should I take up arms, or how do I oppose this threat?

Here we have the national party.
    I'm not going to start arguing the national party is a real worrying threat to democracy any time soon are you going to argue that for this party?

Should the Swedish give them more concern than the Irish should about the national party?

Are you trying to say that a far right party and an islamic one have a lot in common? Because that was my point all along.

Should I take up arms, or how do I oppose this threat?

You haven't answered any of the questions i asked you, but never mind.
    If you are only going to reply with smart lines then I'll leave you here.

Are you trying to say that a far right party and an islamic one have a lot in common? Because that was my point all along.

I'm a right wing and i have nothing in common with the Islamic culture. Not sure where you are going with this?
    I believe in equality which is big part of our culture.

I'm a right wing and i have nothing in common with the Islamic culture. Not sure where you are going with this?
    I believe in equality which is big part of our culture.

Right and far right have very little in common. As the matter of fact, far right have more in common with the far left than width the moderate right.

You have nothing in common with a far right culture because you are not far right.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There is a move to have all sorts of things covered by the right to asylum, from gay rights to climate change. It will never end until essentially everyone in the world is entitled to claim asylum. Didn't Ireland recently provide protection to some sufferers of domestic violence? I stand to be corrected on that but I think it did happen. It's ridiculous.

The toxicity is coming from the Bigots

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Its always amusing how a lot of these staunch defenders of womens and LGBT rights come out of the woodwork when they were never seen fighting for them in the first place. Almost like they just want to use Women and LGBT people.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement