Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭AllForIt

When it comes to the question of what is superior about Ireland to particularity Islamic and African countries, instead of asking us in what way we think we are superior, one would be better of asking what those people from African and Islamic countries think is superior about us that motivates them to come here in their thousands including those that risk their lives to do so.

But the question of in what way superior is irrelevant- it's the fact we are superior in some way that is relevant. Because that fact is the reason they are coming here and not us going there.

mikethecop wrote: »
    IQ test ? lol

AFAIK we arent even allowed to finger print or photograph them to prevent frauds in the process

Who do you think we should fingerprint & photograph?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭mikethecop

bubblypop wrote: »

Ideally every one passing through our boarders

to prevent false multiple asylum applications , to help detect and track criminals who move around Europe and the world. to enhance national security , to help prevent and detect crime.

a national data base would not be a bad thing either imo

Ideally every one passing through our boarders

to prevent false multiple asylum applications , to help detect and track criminals who move around Europe and the world. to enhance national security , to help prevent and detect crime.

a national data base would not be a bad thing either imo

Well, you will be glad to know that refugees and asylum seekers are fingerprinted :)
    If course EU citizens are free to come and go as they wish, and UK citizens.

Pretty sure civil liberties groups won't agree on a national database though! Considering no-one would agree on a.national identification system

America does retina scans and fingerprints as far as I remember the last time I went to America. It should be done everywhere to stop illegal immigration, especially in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Why not if you're looking for asylum . Do you wanna let any tom , dick and Harry in or would you just take them at face value at who they say they are... In the past week I've read out a polish rapist whose gonna be deported when his finished his sentence here for rape , a Georgian woman who got a suspended sentence for facilitating human trafficking , and a Romanian killer who murdered a pub owner who tried to get his conviction revoked.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40327028.html

Do you not think people should be vetted or checked if they've a criminal record or wanted for a crime or is that a breach of human rights . If I recall, when I travelled the world , you got a print and a photo taken in America and in Thailand . Did I feel violated....no , I'm not a criminal .

You do know Poland and Romania are in the EU?

You do know Poland and Romania are in the EU?

And your point

And your point

You don't believe in freedom of movement for EU citizens?

You don't believe in freedom of movement for EU citizens?

It depends who they are

• Advertisement

It depends who they are

What do you mean exactly?
    You started your post talking about asylum seekers, then talked about some EU citizens, then about your travels to America and Thailand.
    So, I'm not sure who you think should be vetted and fingerprinted coming into Ireland?

What do you mean exactly?
    You started your post talking about asylum seekers, then talked about some EU citizens, then about your travels to America and Thailand.
    So, I'm not sure who you think should be vetted and fingerprinted coming into Ireland?

I think everyone should be vetted and checked coming into Ireland , I highlighted the fact that there's a lot of foreign criminals coming into Ireland which you as usual don't comment on but reflect they're EU citizens so all's good .

I think everyone should be vetted and checked coming into Ireland , I highlighted the fact that there's a lot of foreign criminals coming into Ireland which you as usual don't comment on but reflect they're EU citizens so all's good .

Actually, I happen to believe it should be mandatory for persons who wish to live in this country to register their residency somewhere.
    You're not a fan of the EU then, irexit yes?

Well, you will be glad to know that refugees and asylum seekers are fingerprinted :)
    If course EU citizens are free to come and go as they wish, and UK citizens.

Pretty sure civil liberties groups won't agree on a national database though! Considering no-one would agree on a.national identification system

really , how do you know that ?

i am generally unimpressed by civil liberties groups like iccl etc given their past activities

what are the negatives to a national identification system in your opinion ?

Actually, I happen to believe it should be mandatory for persons who wish to live in this country to register their residency somewhere.
    You're not a fan of the EU then, irexit yes?

Haha,No I disagree a lot with the EU but I'm alright for the minute but because I want tougher checks on anyone coming into the country and all of a sudden you must think I'm for Irexit. Out of curiosity what to think of the majority of people in Britain who voted for Brexit?

i am generally unimpressed by civil liberties groups like iccl etc given their past activities

I know because I know people who take them.
    I can't see any negatives to a national identification system, tbh. But that's me, I maybe slightly biased

Haha,No I disagree a lot with the EU but I'm alright for the minute but because I want tougher checks on anyone coming into the country and all of a sudden you must think I'm for Irexit. Out of curiosity what to think of the majority of people in Britain who voted for Brexit?

Well one of the fundamental pillars of the EU is freedom of movement for workers and goods, so if you don't agree with one of the fundamentals, then it's easy to think you are against our membership.
    Brexit voters? Fools, imo

Well one of the fundamental pillars of the EU is freedom of movement for workers and goods, so if you don't agree with one of the fundamentals, then it's easy to think you are against our membership.
    Brexit voters? Fools, imo

Ye Labour and the media tried to portray brexitters as , racists , idiots , backwards . Imagine people who've worked their whole lives and raised families being called fools by people barely out of college . Shows you how out of touch the remainers were , as Labour found out in the last election . Also the UK contributed money more to the EU than it got back so only time will tell if they were foolish decision or not . Immigration worries were another key issue with voters , but the people who push for it were surprised to find out that not everyone lives in their bubble , which came back to bite them .

Ye Labour and the media tried to portray brexitters as , racists , idiots , backwards . Imagine people who've worked their whole lives and raised families being called fools by people barely out of college . Shows you how out of touch the remainers were , as Labour found out in the last election . Also the UK contributed money more to the EU than it got back so only time will tell if they were foolish decision or not . Immigration worries were another key issue with voters , but the people who push for it were surprised to find out that not everyone lives in their bubble , which came back to bite them .

I don't care how the media portrayed them.
    I think they were fools.

I don't care how the media portrayed them.
    I think they were fools.

Were you upset ?

• Advertisement

Were you upset ?

I was a bit yes. Why?

I was a bit yes. Why?

I don't why , doesn't that mean more migrants for Ireland

I don't why , doesn't that mean more migrants for Ireland

Does it?
    Why do you think that?
    And why would I care?

Does it?
    Why do you think that?
    And why would I care?

Well they'll have to go somewhere and as a few eu countries are sending them back , why not go to Ireland . We've also a minister that wants to house them within 4 months of getting here , so that'd sound very attractive if you were a migrant looking for somewhere to go .

Well they'll have to go somewhere and as a few eu countries are sending them back , why not go to Ireland . We've also a minister that wants to house them within 4 months of getting here , so that'd sound very attractive if you were a migrant looking for somewhere to go .

Migrants?

I know because I know people who take them.
    I can't see any negatives to a national identification system, tbh. But that's me, I maybe slightly biased

really ?

I know the same people and a good few living in DP centers and they say different.

recently met a fella claimed to be 24 who was on his way to a remand prison

claimed to be Moroccan and to have had to flee and couldn't return for fear for his safety aged 14 with people who were not family but didnt want to explain why . what he did tell me is this
    Went to spain then through france belgium gremany and holland but spoke with a london accent strangely, turned out he had a long criminal history in each country also turned out he had been removed of each of these country's, some twice before landing in Ireland through rosslaire claiming to be 16 then absconding from a unaccompanied minor hostel,

Thats only biased on the identity he claimed this time :pac::pac: which had had asylum applications turned down twice before in Ireland

oddly when being lodged in jail he asked to be housed with Albanians not Moroccans.

and never had his prints taken in Ireland after being through the process at lest 3 times

Yep, all asylum seekers and refugees have their fingerprint taken as part of the process.

Bear in mind that a few pages ago, Bubbly was arguing that there was no way to track anyone who comes into, and stays in Ireland... in relation to the statistics of migrants in the country. Now, he's taking a very different stance due to your argument. :D

Bear in mind that a few pages ago, Bubbly was arguing that there was no way to track anyone who comes into, and stays in Ireland... in relation to the statistics of migrants in the country. Now, he's taking a very different stance due to your argument. :D

No I'm not.

Instead of accusing others of not reading posts, perhaps you should try reading posts correctly

• Advertisement

:D

Advertisement