Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

It's Polish,

Not Irish.

Native language and culture being displaced by invasive immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It's Polish,

Not Irish.

Agus conas atá do ghaeilge agat?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It's Polish,

Not Irish.

What a load of bollocks. Unless I missed the Poles slaughtering the population of the Gaeltacht areas. Perhaps they ate them along with all the swans.

The reality is that irish language has been on life support for a long long time, long before any 'invasive immigration' by the Poles. It was displaced by the English language and the Irish ourselves haven't cared enough about it to do anything about that.

Laughable nonsense to attribute it to Poles (or any other group of recent immigrants).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

osarusan wrote: »
    What a load of bollocks. Unless I missed the Poles slaughtering the population of the Gaeltacht areas. Perhaps they are them along with all the swans.

The reality is that irish language has been on life support for a long long time, long before any 'invasive immigration' by the Poles. It was displaced by the English language and the Irish ourselves haven't cared enough about it to do anything about that.

Laughable nonsense to attribute it to Poles (or any other group of recent immigrants).

Are yeh living under a rock or something?

The Irish government have done the same as Germany,
    Invite people in to bolster population, and That is what my point was . Not having a go at the Polish, but the government and companies that will employ EU citizens over native residents.
    My last job had a team of 24 avmcross numerous sites in Ireland, 9 of this were native English speakers, 3 African, the rest Polish.
    Explain that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Invite people in to bolster population, and That is what my point was . Not having a go at the Polish, but the government and companies that will employ EU citizens over native residents.
    My last job had a team of 24 avmcross numerous sites in Ireland, 9 of this were native English speakers, 3 African, the rest Polish.
    Explain that please?

None of this has anything to do with your claim that the 'native language' was being displaced by invasive immigration.

That is what I said was total bollocks.

Polish rather than Irish being the most spoken second language in the country means nothing in the context of what you said.

• Advertisement

Explain that please?
    Easy:

24 jobs were advertised by your previous employer. Of the successful candidates who were offered employment, 9 were native English speakers, 3 were African, the rest were Polish.

Not a native Irish speaker in the bunch. What's your issue?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

The worst thing about that poster is. She lives in Ireland. Graduated in 2019.
    With a “B. Sc Medicinal Science”
    https://twitter.com/JessicaOkeke_/status/1188777612153446404

Jesus. Where does she think white people came from if not Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

"Economists agree that immigration has a net positive..." Yes absolutely. I saw a documentary movie about. Shortly the average age in some countries , currently "having problem" with immigration is around 46. If that info is correct ... after 2-3 decades there will be more pensioners there that workers. What will/should be happen with these countries budgets ?! How they gona finance themselves!? Should they "lockdown" or "close"... When I am retired, how the state will pay my pension?! if there are no people working and paying taxes... Why I am mention all these : immigrants are usually people who left their countries, looking for better life. For some better life is : better car , for some - own house, for other holiday in Hawaii , education for kids, etc.etc. and in order to achieve all these they are aware that have to work. Working they pay taxes so the both sides are satisfied . Country receive more taxes, improving citizens life - immigrant, its better life

Well the employment rate for Africans is only 45% , I wouldn't be relying on them to be paying any pensions. Also if they're getting HAP and and children's allowance etc , whatever job they're doing I can't see the tax they pay being covered by what the government give them .

https://extra.ie/2018/11/07/business/irish/unemployment-rate-higher-african-migrants

Well the employment rate for Africans is only 45% , I wouldn't be relying on them to be paying any pensions. Also if they're getting HAP and and children's allowance etc , whatever job they're doing I can't see the tax they pay being covered by what the government give them .

https://extra.ie/2018/11/07/business/irish/unemployment-rate-higher-african-migrants

And it's questionable how much they're spending within the Irish economy, since most of them are sending large portions of their income (personal or welfare) back to their home country to relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture
    and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture.

Thomas Sowell

• Advertisement

And it's questionable how much they're spending within the Irish economy, since most of them are sending large portions of their income (personal or welfare) back to their home country to relatives.

Direct provision alone has costed the taxpayer a billion euro since 2000

I wonder is he friends with the other black chap from cork who stabbed the Irish fella the other week

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Man-shot-at-Cork-Gardai-with-pellet-gun-before-crashing-through-toll-booth-688c9a8a-e6f6-4bc4-80cc-dcb1b3b9b943-ds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I think it's a great idea, and if the foreigners don't like it they can go home (:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I wonder is he friends with the other black chap from cork who stabbed the Irish fella the other week

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Man-shot-at-Cork-Gardai-with-pellet-gun-before-crashing-through-toll-booth-688c9a8a-e6f6-4bc4-80cc-dcb1b3b9b943-ds

Judge Kelleher was told that the defendant is 21 and his partner is 44.

a fcukin 90 day fiancee episode set in cork :pac:

Older vid, but I hadn't seen it.

Worth a watch. Interesting. Don't completely agree with it, but some enlightenment's.

"The Death of Europe, with Douglas Murray"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQXHc-tJMXM

The Irish economy would have collapsed in the mid 20th century without the remittances sent home from the UK, USA, Australia and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What is the difference between the employment rate and the percentage unemployed?

Why js it 45% vs 16%

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

endacl wrote: »
    The Irish economy would have collapsed in the mid 20th century without the remittances sent home from the UK, USA, Australia and elsewhere.

I don't understand why they didn't all just move to the Isle of man and claim asylum then send home some of their welfare

I mean trying to draw equivalence to the current situation yeah?

endacl wrote: »

and?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

and?
    It's just a variation on that hackneyed tune of, all together now: "Well the Irish were immigrants too".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    It's just a variation on that hackneyed tune of, all together now: "Well the Irish were immigrants too".

Except that Ireland wasn't receiving foreign aid back then. We only got developmental aid after selling ourselves to the EEC, since we were "the sick man of Europe".

Context. I really wish people would pay more attention to what happened, and more importantly, when it happened... rather than removing time/context completely. It shows just how simple people perceptions have become.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

It really feels like we're just handing over our country to others nowadays. The people from Africa who come here seem to really hate us and now are trying to take our history as their own.

What is the benefit of doing this?

It really feels like we're just handing over our country to others nowadays. The people from Africa who come here seem to really hate us and now are trying to take our history as their own.

What is the benefit of doing this?

Dominance. A very human condition. Take what others have and make it your own.

Which is why we're being pushed to feel guilty, but non-whites get to feel proud. (although TBF Asians don't attempt to push any guilt on us, which probably why they do so much better when they migrate)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

It's hackneyed, but it has a ring of truth to it. Same for the Eyetalians, the Russian Jews, the Egyptian Copts, dog nose what else, the dregs of humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

What is the difference between the employment rate and the percentage unemployed?

Why js it 45% vs 16%

Let's say there are two countries, each with 100 working-age adults.

Country A

40 inactive
    57 work
    3 unemployed

Here, the UNR is 5% (3/60), and the employment rate is 57%.

Country B

30 inactive
    63 work
    7 unemployed

Country B has more unemployment (10%), but is also has higher employment, 63%.

Ireland is like A, we have low unemployment until COVID, but we also had middling / not high employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    It's hackneyed, but it has a ring of truth to it.

The Irish worked and paid for everything the got. They didn't get free houses, welfare for life with no obligation to find work and support themselves. Only to turn around and claim the country suck, their flag offends them, how oppressed they are, and that the host Country and its citizens should change their entire culture to suit them.

If Whites went to non White Countries and acted like the how the Africans and Muslims are behaving in ours then they would be quickly thrown out of those Countries and there would be no Leftist [think of the children] circle jerking feeling agenda. Yet we're supposed to "tolerate" them and keep making adjustments to appease them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    The Irish worked and paid for everything the got. They didn't get free houses, welfare for life with no obligation to find work and support themselves. Only to turn around and claim the country suck, their flag offends them, how oppressed they are, and that the host Country and its citizens should change their entire culture to suit them.

If Whites went to non White Countries and acted like the how the Africans and Muslims are behaving in ours then they would be quickly thrown out of those Countries and there would be no Leftist [think of the children] circle jerking feeling agenda. Yet we're supposed to "tolerate" them and keep making adjustments to appease them.

What are these "adjustments"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭MFPM

Mr. Karate wrote: »

What an ignorant and nonsensical post.
    The Irish worked and paid for everything the got. They didn't get free houses, welfare for life with no obligation to find work and support themselves.

So no Irish person availed of the NHS or the British welfare state, are you serious?
    that the host Country and its citizens should change their entire culture to suit them.

Who's arguing that?
    If Whites went to non White Countries and acted like the how the Africans and Muslims are behaving in ours then they would be quickly thrown out of those

The whole history of colonialism has passed you right by hasn't it?

That aside are you suggesting that ALL 'whites' behave in the same way on going to other countries and that ALL 'Africans' and 'Muslims' behave in identical ways too.....have you any idea how thoroughly ignorant this type of sentiment is?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Geuze wrote: »
    Let's say there are two countries, each with 100 working-age adults.

Country A

40 inactive
    57 work
    3 unemployed

Here, the UNR is 5% (3/60), and the employment rate is 57%.

Country B

30 inactive
    63 work
    7 unemployed

Country B has more unemployment (10%), but is also has higher employment, 63%.

Ireland is like A, we have low unemployment until COVID, but we also had middling / not high employment.

we also have a lot of people outside of the labour force due to scamming disability or enrolling on endless full time education programs. We have one of the largest rates of 'not in gainful employment' of 21-45 year olds.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Well, we were. And still are.

Advertisement