Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I have said that the movement for minority groups could gain too much influence in promoting their cultures/religions, but, nope. Nothing about taking over.

Who is it to decide what is 'too much'? There is GAA clubs all over the world. There is 'Irish' pubs all over the world. Is that 'too much' culture?

iamstop wrote: »
    Who is it to decide what is 'too much'? There is GAA clubs all over the world. There is 'Irish' pubs all over the world. Is that 'too much' culture?

edit: Actually, Why direct that at me? considering my previous posts, it seems a bit odd... unless you haven't read my posts other than the last one, and even then, it seems a strange range of questions to direct at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

It should also be noted that "“Any other White background” (9.5%)", while "non-Chinese Asian (1.7%)", and “Other incl. mixed background” (1.5%).

Source: https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp8iter/p8iter/p8e/

But I'm sure that won't stop the usual names from promoting hysteria about the Saracen hordes coming to "take us over". After all, we have them to thank for one of he worst rates of racist incidents in the workplace in Europe. Of course they see a brown face and their pea brains immediately think 'Muslim' and they can't help but give that innocent person an earful of abuse.

Don't let these neanderthals drag us backwards.

I didn't say anything about Muslims, my concern is the general demographic shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭excludedbin

biko wrote: »
    The numbers I presented are from government funded researcher Tobias Hübinette. He is actually very pro-immigration and have some gems that BLM would not be able to match
    Yes, exactly, numbers. Nothing there about "taking us over".
    Taking over, no... I don't believe I've ever said that any particular group would be taking over Ireland (others have, but oddly enough, they're a minority on the thread).

I have said that the movement for minority groups could gain too much influence in promoting their cultures/religions, but, nope. Nothing about taking over.

Hmmm... little to no facts. Actually, the thread is pretty full of facts for those people who are willing to do some reading. Oh, you mean, we're not reposting all the links and references every couple of pages, whenever someone makes an objection that has been made a dozen times before?

Oh. I'm sorry. You're not the first to make such a comment. Shocking, isn't it? (I'm truly not trying to be sarcastic or nasty here) I'll share a little secret about this thread. Every so often someone joins in full of objections regarding the discussion, demanding links and evidence.... and when that evidence is presented, it's either deflected or the poster disappears on to another thread. It's happened to us all a few times on this thread.
    No, it's not really shocking that I'm not the first one taking issue with the rampant racism going on here. Because every time there's talk about "invasion" or "taking over" no one can present any evidence for it. Funny, isn't it? Easy to see why people leave in disgust or exasperation once the wagons are circled and all the usual snide insinuations are made.

Thread's full of facts and figures, but none of it evidence for the wild claims being floated on the daily. If ye want to draw your own hysterical conclusions, that's a different matter. But evidence of being taken over? Not a whit.

No, it's not really shocking that I'm not the first one taking issue with the rampant racism going on here.

What rampant racism? I'm sure you can provide a variety of examples? I'm particularly interested in the racism from the primary posters to the thread.
    Because every time there's talk about "invasion" or "taking over" no one can present any evidence for it. Funny, isn't it? Easy to see why people leave in disgust or exasperation once the wagons are circled and all the usual snide insinuations are made.

Sure, because that's the only conversation that's allowed...? People like yourself don't join in on the other discussions. Notice, that the main contributors to the thread aren't talking about any invasions? Instead, we've been talking about migration in general.
    Thread's full of facts and figures, but none of it evidence for the wild claims being floated on the daily. If ye want to draw your own hysterical conclusions, that's a different matter. But evidence of being taken over? Not a whit.

True enough.

• Advertisement

Yes, exactly, numbers. Nothing there about "taking us over".

No, it's not really shocking that I'm not the first one taking issue with the rampant racism going on here. Because every time there's talk about "invasion" or "taking over" no one can present any evidence for it. Funny, isn't it? Easy to see why people leave in disgust or exasperation once the wagons are circled and all the usual snide insinuations are made.

I think a more accurate term is 'Plantation'
    Ireland is being planted, by the powers that be. The planters are merely taking an opportunity offered to them, and why wouldn't they?
    But for the establishment its a deliberate demographic replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

2013 prediction from the Indo
    ISLAM will become Ireland’s second religion within the next 30 years because of dramatic population growth and immigration.
    And
    Ireland’s Muslim population exceeding 100,000 by 2020.
    3,875 Muslims in 1991
    19,147 in 2002
    32,539 in 2006
    49,204 in 2011.
    63,443 in 2016
    100,000 now in 2020? Possibly as it's an exponential curve.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/islam-to-become-irelands-second-religion-by-2043-29874239.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I love how boards is indistinguishable from Stormfront these days.

What rampant racism? I'm sure you can provide a variety of examples? I'm particularly interested in the racism from the primary posters to the thread.
    As you lot are fond of saying - search for it yourself, the information is out there. If you don't want to see it, that's your fault, etc..
    Sure, because that's the only conversation that's allowed...? People like yourself don't join in on the other discussions. Notice, that the main contributors to the thread aren't talking about any invasions? Instead, we've been talking about migration in general.
    What "conversation"? It's hysteria about the country being "taken over" by outsiders. Anyone that dares question that is rounded on by the love-in going on here.
    True enough.
    That we're being taken over or that there's no evidence for it?

And now "planters", ignoring that the Plantation of Ulster was a deliberate act by the British authorities to colonise the country. Who is orchestrating the "plantation" that Clarence is claiming is happening? See what I mean? Nothing but conspiracies and hysteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

And now "planters", ignoring that the Plantation of Ulster was a deliberate act by the British authorities to colonise the country. Who is orchestrating the "plantation" that Clarence is claiming is happening? See what I mean? Nothing but conspiracies and hysteria.

They won't tell you that think it's the Jews, because they know it would make them look even crazier.

• Advertisement

And a seven year old article. Jesus, ye're really having to dig deep now, eh?

As you lot are fond of saying - search for it yourself, the information is out there. If you don't want to see it, that's your fault, etc..

What "conversation"? It's hysteria about the country being "taken over" by outsiders. Anyone that dares question that is rounded on by the love-in going on here.

That we're being taken over or that there's no evidence for it?

The govt are quite clear that they wish to substantially increase the population, at least half of the increase will come from outside Europe according to Simon Coveney.
    We are literally bombarded almost every day with pro multicultural propaganda, pro diversity etc
    The foreign born population in Ireland is almost 18%
    and yet here you are denying that it's happening

Yes, I'm denying that there's a "plantation" going on, as anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together would. The absolute hysterical nonsense that's passed off here as fact is flabbergasting. Do ye never wonder why your wild fantasies aren't picked up by the wider public? It's because even they can see they're the product of sick, monomanical minds.

Yes, I'm denying that there's a "plantation" going on, as anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together would. The absolute hysterical nonsense that's passed off here as fact is flabbergasting. Do ye never wonder why your wild fantasies aren't picked up by the wider public? It's because even they can see they're the product of sick, monomanical minds.

Pathologising your opponent is a quite typical tactic. There's nothing fantastical about it, the evidence is overwhelming.

The difference being that I've been a regular poster to this thread. What have you contributed apart from claiming racism is rampant... As I said previously, we've seen this type of **** before.

Good to know. I won't waste any time on you.

They won't tell you that think it's the Jews, because they know it would make them look even crazier.

I do love how Clarence's opinion is a representation of us all.

Rather than consider the different opinions on this thread (of which there are many), you'll lump us all together. It's just so.... Narrow-minded.

Another person to ignore. We're on a roll today, folks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    That's how they eventually take over. Constantly giving them these minor gestures add up. "Oh...Its just a mosque, What's the harm?", "Oh its just a prayer service in our National Stadium. What's the harm?", "Oh its just a head scarf, What's the harm?" They always take over piece by piece.

And guess what. They won't be so quick to give us minor gestures if/when they become the majority. That's why you can't keep appeasing groups no matter how much they want to scream about minority rights. Because if the tables are turned they will never return the favor.
    When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination.

Would you be ok with replacing the 100K Muslims with 100K Israelis?
    I would.

I love how boards is indistinguishable from Stormfront these days.

Use Stormfront much??

I would.

Once they weren’t Zionists 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭jmreire

iamstop wrote: »

Sure there are,,but they are not trying to bring about any changes in society, like Islam does. So its not the same thing.

Once they weren’t Zionists 100%
    Israelis are open to the gay community and equal rights for women. These are things I care about.

My opposition is not against individual Muslims but to Islam, in my view a backward and intolerant religion.
    As I said in another thread, right now the Muslim Youth Council of Ireland are against homosexuality. Why would anyone be ok with an organisation that isn't ok with gay people, in Ireland in 2020. The mind boggles.

Pathologising your opponent is a quite typical tactic. There's nothing fantastical about it, the evidence is overwhelming.
    When you post continuously about how we're apparently being "taken over" and drumming up hysteria about immigrants, I'd say that's quite clearly monomania or at least indicative of overriding xenophobia. It may shock you to hear this but normal people aren't obsessed with the racial purity of their country.
    I would.
    Weird that you chose to go with a nationality (Israeli) to replace a religious group that come from many different countries. But no, I'm not really the kind of person who advocates for removal of certain ethnic or religious groups. I know there's a term for that kind of thing but for the life of me I just can't put my finger on it right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The govt are quite clear that they wish to substantially increase the population, at least half of the increase will come from outside Europe according to Simon Coveney.
    We are literally bombarded almost every day with pro multicultural propaganda, pro diversity etc
    The foreign born population in Ireland is almost 18%
    and yet here you are denying that it's happening

Yet the lying rats won't dare make these pronouncements during an election campaign? Because they know the reception they would get. Wipeout

Yes, yes, it's all a conspiracy to replace us. Do ye really have nothing better to do than finish each other off to your racist fantasising all day?

When you post continuously about how we're apparently being "taken over" and drumming up hysteria about immigrants.

I don't recall ever posting that we're being "taken over" I Certainly haven't continuously posted about it.
    It seems Klaz is correct, you seem to tar everyone with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Use Stormfront much??

I only ever heard of this site from those types on here. Its brought up an awful lot.

I don't recall ever posting that we're being "taken over" I Certainly haven't continuously posted about it.
    It seems Klaz is correct, you seem to tar everyone with the same brush.

It's lazy and simpleminded thinking. He latches on to one comment and then posts repeatedly about it. Jumps back and forth between calling us all racists (since racism is rampant on the thread, and we're the most frequent posters) , and then back again to that past comment. He'll then deflect if anyone responds, and swing back to the original statement, and back to crying racism. rinse and repeat.

He's just seeking to get a rise out of us (he hasn't realised that we're used to these kind of posters appearing in this thread). Eventually he'll get bored and move off to annoy people on another thread.

I only ever heard of this site from those types on here. Its brought up an awful lot.

Actually, the only times, I ever see the mentioning of Stormfront are people claiming that boards (or a thread such as this) is similar to Stormfront. Like you have just done.

Out of curiosity, what type am I? Since I do post often to this thread. :D

• Advertisement

You really expect me to trawl through what, almost a hundred pages to compile examples of the rampant lunacy and conspiracy theories that get posted practically every page (if the last few are anything to go by)?

Like, I know I'm dealing with the very people who buy into them but give me a little credit, at least. Nothing I say or do will convince you otherwise, just like no amount of insane ravings will convince me or any other sane person that there's some kind of conspiracy to take us over. Or import Muslims. Or whatever the conspiracy du jour is.

When your sources are random Youtube videos from far right talking heads and Tweets from other far right talking heads (or wilfully misinterpreting stats or drawing your own ridiculous conclusions from them), what else do you expect? That someone should waste precious brain cells indulging your racist fantasies? That they should waste precious time proving the equivalent of "no, the Earth isn't flat, you moron, I don't care how much you believe it to be true" ?

Advertisement