Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

We have heard this story before. Yep some people are not so religious when young, then they become more religious as they get older. All religions are the same. All people are the same.

What difference does it make if you knew people that turned religious? I know people that turned religious as they got older too. So what?

Who cares? What does that have to do with life? Absolutely nothing.

It's not an issue. I'm outta here soon, so I'll say what I like, anyone that claims to be friends with Muslims, then comes on here posting anti islam rants, are just racist xenophobic assholes. 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

When single mothers start loosing medical cards, as is happening to others in our society..

This is going to be very interesting. Why shouldn't an Irish citizen be allowed their child an Irish passport. As per the law. Interesting case.

They really need to look at surrogacy laws in this country also.

When mothers start to loose medical cards, it's because they earn too much money to keep them! Same as others in our society

Nope, just means that others ‘need’ them more… so stop allowing these people to come…

• Advertisement

Nope. Your batshit crazy ideas about people loosing medical cards because their are foreigners in the country are just that, batshit craazy.

If anyone earns too much money, then they won't receive a medical card. Like a couple who have an income of over 1050 euros a week, they won't get a medical card. Shock.

nothing batshit :) … people I’m referring to are pensioners, so wouldn’t have that income, shock ! 😏

dress it up in your usual machiavellian faux altruism all you want it’s as transparent as shrink wrap… 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Bizarre deluded nonsense. A lot of the younger Catholic priests are deeply conservative. It was the influence of Rome and Catholic theocracy that opressed womens rights for so long in this country. Catholic theocratic influence banned married women from working, banned divorce, banned condoms, banned abortion, allowed marital rape, enslaved single mothers in laundries, forcibly removed their children.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Jesus some people living in a bubble.

Stating a couple earning €1000 a week will lose the medical card.

Same couple can't start a family can't access a mortgage and probably half the income going out on rent. Can't even think about going to a doctor.

Different couple don't want to work, keep spewing out sprogs as more sprogs =more money, almost free house, rent peanuts and can run to a doctor every day for no charge.

Happening with both alot of nationals and non nationals. Time to shut the door and address our own problems and start looking after our own.

Did anyone see the video the machine driver had up on media about the two sets of houses on the same site. I can't post it as I don't know how. Really telling what is happening in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Annaspora jumped into the page and attacked 3 different posters with no counter argument, clearly thats what wrong with this forum . The vultures sitting in the trees waiting to pounce with no counter argument just critisism !! All 3 posters are apparently delusional according to the vulture poster his or herself not sure which pronoun to use !!:)

the income limit for a couple over 70 is 1050 euro per week, any couple with that income or higher will not have a medical card. This is clearly laid out facts for anyone who wants to read them.

if a pensioner looses a card, it is because their income is too high to qualify.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Who is living in a bubble? Their are income limits for medical cards. Do you not agree with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I know people will jump all over this because it's an article from Gript....far right blah blah blah. It's a well written article that I think captures what a lot of people in Ireland are feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I wasn't even following the argument in honesty, I just find it beyond hypocritical that there's a selection of posters on this site who spend half of their posting time insulting people, calling them racist, sexist, or whatever, and they suffer no consequences for their actions even though according to posting standards it shouldn't be allowed. Whatever about yourself, another poster on this thread used to do nothing but call people incels, essentially calling people sexless saddos simply for not agreeing with his worldview, and it was all allowed. Yet if I direct anything at anyone, no matter how mild, I'll likely hit with a card or a warning.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

There are people getting benefits greater than some people's wages and still they are entitled to free medical where as the person working is not. Do you agree with that

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

The income level for a medical card is 184 euro per week for a single person. Thats about 22 euro less than job seekers. House holds with multiple benefit people often get individual medical cards so it seems like they have loads of dosh but they must only earn 184 to get med card. GP card is a bit easier to get but not the same as a med card.

• Advertisement

I do object to the Ukranians getting everything immediately ( PPS number benefit med card) as some of them have plenty of money but like the PUP payment the dept are too damn lazy to vet this and freely give our money to anyone for little pats on the head from macron & ursula and a few little gold stars in the EU best in show awards !!

The hospitality industry needs staff & the visas & pps numbers take smonths, 40K people needed to fulfill the roles and no easy of movement there. the dept of social welfare seem to forget that these PPS numbers will generate the income they have to give as freebies.

Ukrainians have been given pps numbers and can take up work immediately

They will soon realise your far better off on benefits and all goes with it than working in hospitality in this country.

Unless they just want to join the working poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭jones

I do not have a particular problem with multiculturism in general but what i do think we really need to look at immigration in this country. Ireland had a huge problem with immigration before the Russian invasion of the Ukraine but where we stand now is frankly mind boggling.

Immigration in Ireland or should i clarify - International Protection (asylum) - does not function to any degree, the Dublin process (which is supposed to send persons who first applied for asylum in other EU member states back to their original state) DOES NOT FUNCTION AT ALL. This is a European wide problem of "asylum shopping" or secondary movement but it is exasperated in Ireland as frankly...we do not deport anyone who does not want to leave. Just let that sink in. If you do not want to leave this country after being a failed asylum seeker you still sit in direct provision centre or in more and more cases a hotel you are fed, watered and small amount of disposable income each week and enjoy other benefits including medical cards, all payed for by the tax payer, and basically you never leave (unless you choose to). This is the area i feel we have to react to and refine.

After enough time has past with appeal/judicial reviews later the "applicant" will be given permission to remain and remain they will. We are unlike almost every other EU country in this regard in that we do not deport anyone forcefully. Any figures published on deportations are made up of at least 90% of people who wanted to leave and availed of the free flight.

Since the turn of the year Ireland is seeing 20 year high numbers of new International Protection applicants each month and this does not include the special scheme for Ukrainians fleeing the war. The last time we had these numbers was the Irish born child loophole which basically meant anyone who had a child born here was an Irish/EU citizen so this was a massive draw to the country in the early 00s. We are back in those boom days for asylum numbers again. The question is why if the Irish born child loophole has been closed? Some of it is a build up from COVID shutdown around Europe but mostly its we are a very beneficial place to claim asylum. We are generous to a fault and anyone applying here is here as long as the want to be and word is out around Europe to get here if possible.

All of this is combined with the Ukrainian influx which say what you will about them receiving full social welfare whilst being allowed to work at the same time (which personally i think is madness) but at least they are genuine refugees and should be looked after IMO. We need to have a discussion in this country about our immigration policy. Sometimes i think we seem to "take on" colonial guilt as if we were UK or the US and its just bonkers. We need a functioning system that is quick and once you are through it one way or the other you are moved on. Either to social housing list (if granted) or deported if not.

More competition for jobs = across practically every industry, lower wages, it’s just swung massively, astronomically into being an employers market..or even more so of one. Irish employees are fûcked, tens of thousands looking for work in an overcrowded jobs market.

The average industrial Ukrainian wage is 461 euros… PER MONTH

they’ll get that a week here pulling pints in a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mr.KarateII

Great article. Even though the usual suspects here won't read it. As I said in my last post Cultures are beginning to clash and its only a matter of time until civil war inevitably breaks out. Even Macron was warned that one in France is inevitable at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Agree with this ,Boards.ie used to be truly suffocatingly PC in terms of moderation, its still obviously left leaning but more tolerant of views that are right leaning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

3 of the most high profile ongoing crimes / criminal cases that garnered extensive media coverage, all involving foreign perpetrators.

Overcrowded job market😂😂

The hospitality sector are crying out for staff. Good for them if they make that working here, better then being on the dole right?

• Advertisement

Most people want to work. If we would all be better of on benefits, then we do so many of us go to work? And why would you presume Ukrainians to be any different?

Advertisement