Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

It is in its hole random. FG some time ago brought out a policy to massively increase the population of the country by 2030. No better way than filling it with cheap labour refugees who breed like rabbits.

Have you a shred of evidence for this? I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pixel Eater

I’m sure the victims in Rotherham, Luton, Rochdale are delighted with the new foods.

Way to conflate having some sushi with vile child grooming by minorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Bobtheman wrote: »

http://npf.ie/wp-content/uploads/Project-Ireland-2040-NPF.pdf

It claims that Ireland will have an extra 1 million added to our population. How do you think that will happen when the natives are having fewer children than ever?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

TomTomTim wrote: »
    http://npf.ie/wp-content/uploads/Project-Ireland-2040-NPF.pdf

It claims that Ireland will have an extra 1 million added to our population. How do you think that will happen when the natives are having fewer children than ever?

I’d have agreed with you a few months ago but I did my own research on this Ireland 2040 plan and if you do the maths on it you’ll see we will hit one million extra without ANY immigrants.

Which begs the question... at the current rate we’re letting these lads in what will our population be by 2040, much more than 1 million I’d suspect.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I’d have agreed with you a few months ago but I did my own research on this Ireland 2040 plan and if you do the maths on it you’ll see we will hit one million extra without ANY immigrants.
    Yep. They're running a copypasta of one of the usual "reasons" given for "diversity" that is crashing birthrates. That works in places like Italy, but Ireland has the highest birthrate in the EU. So essentially it's BS and they didn't even bother to adapt the script for local differences.

Never mind that it would be better on a few levels to lower the world population, but that's another day's work.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Which begs the question... at the current rate we’re letting these lads in what will our population be by 2040, much more than 1 million I’d suspect.

I do find the whole thing interesting though. If the purpose was to increase the population, with Irish people in mind, wouldn't it make sense to attract migrants from countries/ethnicities that white people tend to marry?

Instead, we're told to accept, firstly mostly young males, and then, actual fleshed out families. Ireland doesn't have a skewed gender ratio so aiming for mostly males makes little sense, and in any case, there's little actual intermarriage between Westerners and those from the M.East or Africa. Now, if they were plugging for Asians to arrive, I'd understand it better, but the most logical thing would be to encourage immigration from Europe/Oz etc where people share common values/perceptions, and therefore, are more likely to get into long term relationships. (My preference is Asian women, but I know I'm a minority)

This is about diluting "whiteness". If it was really about population, then we'd be pushing for European migration, since Ireland's economy is strong enough to attract the attention of most people, especially if some incentives were provided.

But I guess we already have too many white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

We’re actually a bit of a running joke to these people by now I saw a video of one fella in the african bush stark bollock naked waving a machete threatening to chop us up when he comes to “I-land”. There’s videos of them living in stunning new builds, all mod cons beautifully lacquered seamless floors big american style fridges they get handouts to stock up and these circulate around their social media feeds back home. Let’s just say it’s a lot of people word is very much getting out; to more than even I can even fathom. We’re going to need a bigger housing estate. Lots of them..

Bobblehats wrote: »
    We’re actually a bit of a running joke to these people by now I saw a video of one fella in the african bush stark bollock naked waving a machete threatening to chop us up when he comes to “I-land”. There’s videos of them living in stunning new builds, all mod cons beautifully lacquered seamless floors big american style fridges they get handouts to stock up and these circulate around their social media feeds back home. Let’s just say it’s a lot of people word is very much getting out; to more than even I can even fathom. We’re going to need a bigger housing estate. Lots of them..

I dunno. I'm actually hearing a lot more people talking about immigration these days. Admittedly, most negative comments are about Nigerians and the Romanians, but there is a growing part of Irish society which is becoming fed up with our migration policies. Questions are starting to be asked about what's really going on. Spending on our own poor, or our wasters is one thing, which most people accept is unavoidable, but the behavior of migrants (especially Africans) is raising many eyebrows.

It was the same in China a decade ago. Chinese society was very welcoming to foreigners after the opening up of borders, especially the women's interest in foreign men. However, there's a growing frosty feeling about the way many foreigners behave in China and how they treat Chinese people. I've heard enough horror stories to know that the racism Chinese people feel towards black people isn't entirely based on ignorance or their skin.

Thankfully, migrants, especially young migrants are doing crap that puts them in the public eye. Sure, RTE is terrible at showing anything negative from minorities, but enough people are hooked into social media, or local gossip to know a lot of what's been happening.

I've never really spoken to my parents about migrants to Ireland, and was kinda shocked when they raised the topic. My parents would have been welcoming to migrants (they've done volunteer work as teachers), but I was rather surprised how negative their perception towards adult migrants were, Africans in particular. My parents wouldn't be even slightly racist, but their own personal experiences (which they told me) showed them just how primitive the Africans often were, and how their values were opposites of ours. My parents were particularly nasty about the NGO's. Great stuff. :D

So... I'm rather hopeful (which is change for me, since I'm very much a cynic about people) that Irish people are starting to cop on about the whole migration gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wibbs wrote: »
    Ireland has the highest birthrate in the EU.
    If we look at 20 highest birthrates worldwide it's all African nations with two exceptions - Afghanistan and Timor-Leste (yeah, I never heard of it either).
    Gone are the days when Irish women could keep up with Niger - 7 children per woman.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/262884/countries-with-the-highest-fertility-rates/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Nigeria will overtake China's population by 2100, and the US by 2050.
    Indeed Africa's population will triple before the end of this century.

What all these folks will do, with all their time is a mystery (in an ai-automated world).

Even the 202 that sailed (floated and towed) to Dover today, on 20 or so craft, will likely struggle in a zero hours skilled economy ruined by brexit and covid (a Waitress job in Manc recently had 1k+ applicants). Unless of course... they're all Engineers 'n Doctors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Bobtheman wrote: »

Project Ireland 2040.

I do find the whole thing interesting though. If the purpose was to increase the population, with Irish people in mind, wouldn't it make sense to attract migrants from countries/ethnicities that white people tend to marry?

Instead, we're told to accept, firstly mostly young males, and then, actual fleshed out families. Ireland doesn't have a skewed gender ratio so aiming for mostly males makes little sense, and in any case, there's little actual intermarriage between Westerners and those from the M.East or Africa. Now, if they were plugging for Asians to arrive, I'd understand it better, but the most logical thing would be to encourage immigration from Europe/Oz etc where people share common values/perceptions, and therefore, are more likely to get into long term relationships. (My preference is Asian women, but I know I'm a minority)

This is about diluting "whiteness". If it was really about population, then we'd be pushing for European migration, since Ireland's economy is strong enough to attract the attention of most people, especially if some incentives were provided.

But I guess we already have too many white people.

I remember a few years back a lot of talk about Germany apparently needing more people as their numbers were dropping. Those new migrants were to come from the middle east, africa, south asia etc. Nobody seemed to mention countries like Italy, Greece, Portugal or Spain who at the time had near 50% youth unemployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭I see sheep

How have Irish people become so obsessed with daft conspiracy theories?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

I remember a few years back a lot of talk about Germany apparently needing more people as their numbers were dropping. Those new migrants were to come from the middle east, africa, south asia etc. Nobody seemed to mention countries like Italy, Greece, Portugal or Spain who at the time had near 50% youth unemployment.
    This was likely back in the 80/90's when there was indeed a demand (and expectation) for traditional labour.

However time have changed since thanks to automation, and will continue to make humans redundant, circa 50% of all the current jobs won't exist by 2030.

How have Irish people become so obsessed with daft conspiracy theories?

They sound daft until you do the research for yourself. If you’re not prepared to do the research maybe you should refrain from commenting here until you know something about the topic in question.

Germany didn't learn from bringing in the Turkish populations... for a nation that's been so successful at learning from past mistakes, they have a rather strong blindspot in certain areas. They used to have a certain arrogance in believing that their own culture would cause others to integrate... hasn't worked out well for them. (The Turkish/Arab section of Frankfurt comes to mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Germany didn't learn from bringing in the Turkish populations... for a nation that's been so successful at learning from past mistakes, they have a rather strong blindspot in certain areas. They used to have a certain arrogance in believing that their own culture would cause others to integrate... hasn't worked out well for them. (The Turkish/Arab section of Frankfurt comes to mind)
    On Germany, it's the situation in Berlin (rather than Frankfurt) which springs to my mind. I stayed in the Kreuzberg area last year and, whilst I was expecting a "melting pot"-type area, I was still shocked at the lack of traditional German people, food, pubs, etc. It was like being in Turkey at times. But if I had wanted to go to Turkey, I would have booked a trip there instead. In fact, the whole Berlin experience was somewhat alarming, and didn't really feel like being in Germany for a lot of it. For a more "authentic" traditional German experience, Munich is much better IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 homes_for_all

This was likely back in the 80/90's when there was indeed a demand (and expectation) for traditional labour.

However time have changed since thanks to automation, and will continue to make humans redundant, circa 50% of all the current jobs won't exist by 2030.

Ah, it's been pushed out has it? In 2014 Youtuber CPP Grey had a video up on how automation was gonna kill jobs. My housemate bought it all and went in deep. Couldn't stop hearing about how 2025 was the year it would all become clear.

On Germany, it's the situation in Berlin (rather than Frankfurt) which springs to my mind. I stayed in the Kreuzberg area last year and, whilst I was expecting a "melting pot"-type area, I was still shocked at the lack of traditional German people, food, pubs, etc. It was like being in Turkey at times. But if I had wanted to go to Turkey, I would have booked a trip there instead. In fact, the whole Berlin experience was somewhat alarming, and didn't really feel like being in Germany for a lot of it. For a more "authentic" traditional German experience, Munich is much better IMO.

You should see Paris.

You should see Paris.

I went there for the first time in a work related visit last August. I was very excited. I do not want to go back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You should see Paris.
    The changes in Paris over the last 20-30 years and especially the last 10 have been depressing. A friend of mine used to go there regularly over that time period and has said never again as the increasing negatives overwhelm the positives for him.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Ah you see, for some reason nobody pushing this failed politic seems to want to answer, that's not correct "diversity". "Diversity" is remarkably colour obsessed, the darker and more exotic the better. You see this with our own NGO's sucking at the teat of public monies, vanishingly few White people in their missives, online or off. Well except for the White suburban right on and working class heroes that make up their management. So of the near 200,000 White European non nationals living and working here we hear little from, or indeed about. No fostering of more of them. Oh no.

The changes in Paris over the last 20-30 years and especially the last 10 have been depressing. A friend of mine used to go there regularly over that time period and has said never again as the increasing negatives overwhelm the positives for him.

I'd be similar. I used to go a lot in my early 20s (the Jazz and DJ scene was incredible at times). Some really great bars, and there was a lot of fun to be had with the locals in certain areas.. however, I wouldn't go back now. While Paris was never particularly safe, it could be navigated easily enough to avoid a lot of trouble. I've had too many negative experiences with Algerians/Africans, and it's just become too damn seedy. (yes, it was always seedy in areas, but it's more... abrasive now)

TBH I find that most French cities have gone downhill in a big way. I used to spend a lot of time in France (the south especially), but I tend to avoid the country now. It's African population has really destroyed the "nice" feeling of the country. It just feels far less safe, there's too many scams/beggars, and French people themselves have that haunted look to them, not being as friendly/open as they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

At what stage does this impact tourism and the elites feel it in the pocket. That's the only way we will get a change of course now.

The voting is over as you can see with Brexit. 4 years in and Nigel Farage is making daily videos of dingies invading Dover and 4 star hotels full to the rafters with asylum seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Poland and Hungary are trying to boost their own birthrates instead of bringing in other peoples.

In Hungary, married young women have seen fertility increases in recent years, and fertility for women ages 30-34 has seen particular growth.
    That’s consistent with these policies having some effect.

This will go a long way to preserve their culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

TBH I find that most French cities have gone downhill in a big way. I used to spend a lot of time in France (the south especially), but I tend to avoid the country now. It's African population has really destroyed the "nice" feeling of the country. It just feels far less safe, there's too many scams/beggars, and French people themselves have that haunted look to them, not being as friendly/open as they used to be.
    And this is what Ireland has in its future. The question needs to be asked: Is multiculturalism worth it if this is the end result? So many countries in Europe are the canary in the coalmine for us in Ireland; yet we fail to heed the many warnings.

What is very worrying is the large numbers of Africans arriving on our shores who see Ireland as a second home and a revenue stream in the form of very lucrative welfare entitlements. Not all of them; but the majority (according to the accessible reports online).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭I see sheep

They sound daft until you do the research for yourself. If you’re not prepared to do the research maybe you should refrain from commenting here until you know something about the topic in question.

By 'research' I assume you mean going down a rabbit hole of scaremongering racist You Tube videos from 'Patriotic' people :pac:

The racist nonsense on this thread is pathetic, especially coming from I assume Irish people, who have always migrated freely all around the world and still do today.

biko wrote: »
    Poland and Hungary are trying to boost their own birthrates instead of bringing in other peoples.

In Hungary, married young women have seen fertility increases in recent years, and fertility for women ages 30-34 has seen particular growth.
    That’s consistent with these policies having some effect.

This will go a long way to preserve their culture.

Can you imagine if this was proposed here? The howls of "racism" would be deafening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

It's turned from one of my favorite places to visit into a real no go for us now.

• Advertisement

By 'research' I assume you mean going down a rabbit hole of scaremongering racist You Tube videos from 'Patriotic' people :pac:

Nope. Research being statistics and opinion pieces (backed up by stats) that is littered throughout the thread. There's very little reference to youtube here because it's hard to track where they get their "facts" from.

You could take a proper look at what people have posted, and the supporting links they provided, as opposed to dismissing everything in one fell swoop.
    The racist nonsense on this thread is pathetic, especially coming from I assume Irish people, who have always migrated freely all around the world and still do today.

There's little actual racism on this thread (there's always going to be some due to the nature of the Internet), and these claims of yours have been addressed numerous times.

However, I find your posting style and attitude far more pathetic because you're not interested in engaging with the discussion, but rather to coast in, deliver your judgment, and disappear into the ether. Which is what will happen once posters challenge your opinion, and actually argue the points with evidence... Your type of posting behavior is actually really common.. Which is why most of us won't bother our asses dealing with you.. we just know you'll disappear once you hit a wall of logic/rational thinking.

Advertisement