Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,782 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

At what stage does this impact tourism and the elites feel it in the pocket. That's the only way we will get a change of course now.

The voting is over as you can see with Brexit. 4 years in and Nigel Farage is making daily videos of dingies invading Dover and 4 star hotels full to the rafters with asylum seekers.
    Ah yes that famous man of the people Nigel Farage....an ex banker, with his German passport which he applied for the day after the result of the 2016 referendum, who misspent EU funding, claimed massive amounts of expenses as well being handsomely funded by Arron Banks...the list goes on and on.

I saw one of the videos....invasion of dingies....come on... laughable.

But sure he loves a fag and a pint of bitter.

Thankfully the average Irish person is a bit too smart to fall for his guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭I see sheep

However, I find your posting style and attitude far more pathetic because you're not interested in engaging with the discussion, but rather to coast in, deliver your judgment, and disappear into the ether. Which is what will happen once posters challenge your opinion, and actually argue the points with evidence... Your type of posting behavior is actually really common.. Which is why most of us won't bother our asses dealing with you.. we just know you'll disappear once you hit a wall of logic/rational thinking.

If it makes you feel better I won't disappear and I'll keep challenging this racist nonsense. :)

In the last couple of pages you've posted

"It's African population has really destroyed the "nice" feeling of the country."

That's racist hate speech.

The same thing English/American people were saying about Irish people for hundreds of years.

Sad to see Irish people become just as bad as the English.
    Is there an Irish 'Tommy Robinson' yet?
    Maybe someone with an international sounding name who changes it to 'Paddy Reilly' for the 'cause'.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,782 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

If it makes you feel better I won't disappear and I'll keep challenging this racist nonsense. :)

"It's African population has really destroyed the "nice" feeling of the country."

The same thing English/American people were saying about Irish people for hundreds of years.

Maybe someone with an international sounding name who changes it to 'Paddy Reilly' for the 'cause'.
    Well Stephen Yaxley Lennon is kind of Irish already? His parents are Irish I think.....so he is an immigrant himself?

Maybe that Grand Torino/rowan croft nutter?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The racist nonsense on this thread is pathetic, especially coming from I assume Irish people, who have always migrated freely all around the world and still do today.
    It's just a variation on that hackneyed tune of, all together now: "Well the Irish were immigrants too".

I hate to break it to you I see sheep, the Irish can only migrate "freely" outside the EU legally if they have skills to offer to the host country. Try getting into the US, a nation founded on immigration with a large Irish diaspora without them. When the country was chock full of young unemployed in the 80's even getting a holiday visa to the US was hard, getting a working visa unless you were headhunted by a US firm or had serious qualifications that they needed it was pretty much a no hope. And yes I'd have no problem with the US or anywhere else deporting illegal Irish immigrants.

It's part of the usual argument along with diversity for it's own sake(not White diversity mind) and vague hopes and little else. Certainly no facts to speak of and running for the hills when facts or even questions backed up by the experiences of every single other nation that has run this experiment.

Answer me this then(though nobody else has so far): Please point to any "multicultural" nation in Europe or the western world where social and economic status doesn't strongly follow "race" and cultural lines. Any nation where the darker the skin isn't the more likely the person is in low paid work, or unemployed or make up a disproportionate percentage in the criminal justice system. Just one would do.

And yes we have our own unemployed, low paid and criminal classes and social deprivation and social problems, but again - and another question that seems to be strangely allergic to answers - why should we purposely import more and with the added bonus of social schism along "race" and cultural lines?

By the by, just typing "racist" is not an answer. It's not even a question in lieu of one.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Ahh well, this is what annoys me about posters like yourself. Lack of context. You take a single sentence out of a post or paragraph, and want to solely argue that particular sentence.

I explained why I felt that the African population had "destroyed the "nice" feeling of the country", and there was nothing racist, and nothing relating to hate. If I had said anything racist, the mods would be all over me by now...

In any case, the fact is that France has changed considerably over the last two decades, and it's a valid argument to point fingers at the African population, due to their strong presence in gangs, violence, and negative behavior. That's not racism. That's pointing out the situation in the country.

Now, you're welcome to dispute my post by posting some facts that show that Africans are not prominent in crime statistics.... but you're not going to do that, because you can't, so it's easier to cry racism!

And yet, we're talking about now. A very different world to what happened before...

By your standards that would be racist and hate speech..

You're welcome to go through my posts on this thread, to find anything I've ever posted about Tommy Robinson... Oh, you'll find a few posts to the Tommy Robinson thread from long ago, but you won't find me advocating such people or groups. So... why associate me with him/them? Deal with what I have actually written.. it's not as if there isn't enough material here to see where my opinions stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

Can someone point to any indication, from a reliable source, that Project Ireland 2040 is some sort of conspiracy to have lots and lots of scary brown people migrate to Ireland? What is the motivation here?

Like another user said, I'm having an inkling that maybe the "research" being touted is actually just a lot of right wing nonsense on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Which is why most of us won't bother our asses dealing with you.. we just know you'll disappear once you hit a wall of logic/rational thinking.

For years I've banged my head wondering why do posters bother to engage with these types. You can't say with any honesty that people who scream insults are here to have a good faith argument, so why bother wasting your time and frustrating yourself? If racism is mentioned in their first few posts, they should be completely ignored, unless there's obvious racism of course.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

biko wrote: »
    Poland and Hungary are trying to boost their own birthrates instead of bringing in other peoples.

In Hungary, married young women have seen fertility increases in recent years, and fertility for women ages 30-34 has seen particular growth.
    That’s consistent with these policies having some effect.

This will go a long way to preserve their culture.

But the EU doesn't like this. They are putting those countries under pressure to take migrants. Its unbelievable.

Can someone point to any indication, from a reliable source, that Project Ireland 2040 is some sort of conspiracy to have lots and lots of scary brown people migrate to Ireland? What is the motivation here?

Like another user said, I'm having an inkling that maybe the "research" being touted is actually just a lot of right wing nonsense on Youtube.

haha... it's amusing. What would be a credible source to say such a thing?

People are voicing their opinions here. That's all. Links have been provided to show the public statement that sparked the opinions being made...

This has been covered already. They project an extra million to our population by then, which is likely to be because of a constant stream of immigration. There's absolutely nothing conspiratorial about it, and you don't need to go to "right wing Youtube" to come to this obvious conclusion.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

gmisk wrote: »
    Ah yes that famous man of the people Nigel Farage....an ex banker, with his German passport which he applied for the day after the result of the 2016 referendum, who misspent EU funding, claimed massive amounts of expenses as well being handsomely funded by Arron Banks...the list goes on and on.

I saw one of the videos....invasion of dingies....come on... laughable.

But sure he loves a fag and a pint of bitter.
    Farage is a little englander opportunistic twat of the highest order, preying on the dense of brain. His type emerge when enough people feel they're not being listened to. That's the danger. This very week we've had a Dublin hotel remove 100 plus year old statues that aren't slaves in case of "offence" and outside of mostly White suburban right on types with twitter accounts and one African "academic" with an axe to grind and a purse to keep filled, they were causing eff all offence to anyone. When things get more than a bit mental and a middle is nowhere to be seen or heard, then you will get opposing mental to fill the void. Brexit a good example of this.
    Thankfully the average Irish person is a bit too smart to fall for his guff.
    Nope. We're no smarter or dumber than anyone else. A couple of generations of the same Irish people kissing the bishop's ring, while in too many case he and his ilk were fiddling with their kids'. Though as usual I do love how some are so happy to speak for the Irish Peeeple(tm) with such confidence. Again a common non argument for the multiculturalists.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

TomTomTim wrote: »
    For years I've banged my head wondering why do posters bother to engage with these types. You can't say with any honesty that people who scream insults are here to have a good faith argument, so why bother wasting your time and frustrating yourself? If racism is mentioned in their first few posts, they should be completely ignored, unless there's obvious racism of course.

Well... i like to give some leeway in the hopes that they'll turn into a poster who argues in good faith. Some people are just inaccurate, or have a misguided notion of what racism entails... are willing to be informed, and so, become more reasonable in their posting behavior.

Admittedly, I am getting jaded with it now. There's been five posters within the last three-four weeks on this thread who all behaved similarly, and all disappeared once challenged, so i'm moving much closer to simply ignoring this type of poster.

Still, I'm on boards because I like to argue. It is what it is. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

It's funny how racists get so mad when they're called out. Only extremely overt and obvious racism is racist apparently.

But you can say that dark skin is so strongly correlated with negative stereotypes to the point where there does not even exist one example where it isn't the case, and that's fine, and I bet any criticism of that would have a lot of whinging that "you leftists think that everything is racist!".

Honestly sometimes ye sound exactly like the Stewart Lee bit "These days, if you say you're English, they'll throw you in jail".
    There's little actual racism on this thread

Delusional

It's funny how racists get so mad when they're called out. Only extremely overt and obvious racism is racist apparently.

Delusional

I'm not mad, I just find it tedious debating people who have no regard for debate, and only want to shut discussion down. The same people screaming racism are the very same people in feedback looking for threads to be shut down regularly, so I can safely say they aren't here to debate in good faith.

Delusional

Right back at ya!

:rolleyes:

But you can say that dark skin is so strongly correlated with negative stereotypes to the point where there does not even exist one example where it isn't the case, and that's fine, and I bet any criticism of that would have a lot of whinging that "you leftists think that everything is racist!".
    Oh I have no issue at all with saying racism and culturalism and tribalism is a huge negative factor in multicultural societies. It's about the biggest. I fully acknowledge that. It's yet another reason why I see modern multiculturalism as a failed social experiment and politic. Now the hopeful/naive/vested interests[delete as applicable] generally come back with vague appeals to humanity, while ignoring the clear evidence of actual human nature, or talk about "education" and "engagement" etc, again while ignoring the clear evidence that this doesn't work particularly well if at all. Other nations have been running with these ideas for many many decades and yet here we are today and in the most multicultural and "diverse" we have mass protests on the streets. Hell even the very need to state BLM needs, well, stating. But apparently the Irish will get it right. This time.

Or not. Take gmisk's rosy representation of Irish people. And forget Black and Brown faces for the moment. How are Travellers seen by a large percentage of Irish people? The same "race" and "colour" and most certainly local indigenous Irish, yet anti Traveller sentiment is worse today than it ever was, certainly in my lifetime I've seen a shift and more and more people being open about it. But apparently people who don't look like us, have different cultural backgrounds and all that will fit right in. Eh... no.

I'm not mad, I just find it tedious debating people who have no regard for debate, and only want to shut discussion down. The same people screaming racism are the very same people in feedback looking for threads to be shut down regularly, so I can safely say they aren't here to debate in good faith.
    Because - and I'm honestly sad to say this, because I'd love to be convinced otherwise, as I bought into it once, when the notion was at some remove - they have no real arguments to tender, outside of dog whistling "racism" and calling for things to be shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭Cordell

It's not.
    It does plan indeed to deal with population growth, including immigration, but it does not plan for immigration, it only plans to deal with the consequences.
    Some people choose to believe it's a plan to bring in 1 million immigrants, so this is where the legend came from.
    It's just plain nonsense, not right wing nonsense. There is nothing wrong with being right wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

You have a cohort of people today that see what happens on likes of Twitter as a way to discuss topics or rather shutdown certain topics.

They don't want a debate, in fact they don't see anything to debate.

People of an opposing view are just plain wrong in their eyes.
    And they need to be shutup, plain and simple.
    And what better way to do it than call them racist or label them with some phobia or other.

This now particularly happens with discussions relating to race, religion, sexuality and gender.

One can say anything you like about the old European races (and their descendants in the New Worlds) and their predominant religions which are some version of christianity.
    But it is now effectively seen by some as off limits to discuss anything negative about non whites, non christians.
    Although this needs some clarification.
    There are almost degrees of victimhood and absolution within the label non white, non christian community. There is a hierarchy of sorts.
    For instance Islam seems to be excused and supported over Hinduism, Buddhism and most definitely Judaism.
    Africans and Middle Easterners definitely rate higher than someone from Eastern Asia, South America.
    Black trumps any other colour.

But out in the real world people do talk and discuss this stuff because they can see the consequences.
    Lots of people have given up on mainstream media, because it has become a lecture platform at this stage.

Of course lots of these people would be seen as racist, phobic of something or other.

And all the while they are being pushed towards a more entrenched view.
    The results of this kind of stuff are Brexit and Trump.
    And it is going to get worse if some people do not start copping on and discussing things rationally.

One saving grace is most people generally become more conservative as they grow older, as they live life and realise that there is no idealistic world out there and most especially when they realise they will have to pay for sh**.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Cordell wrote: »
    It's not.
    It does plan indeed to deal with population growth, including immigration, but it does not plan for immigration, it only plans to deal with the consequences.
    Some people choose to believe it's a plan to bring in 1 million immigrants, so this is where the legend came from.

The plan states that the population will grow by 1 million, and that at least half of that will come from from outside Ireland.

Simon Coveny
    "We estimate over the next 20 years that the population of Ireland will certainly grow by an extra million people. Linked to that estimate is that half of that number won't have been born in Ireland. I think that will be a really good thing for Irish society but we do need to manage it carefully so we don't allow the politics of migration to play a big part in Irish politics because I think it pulls us down a dangerous direction."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

The plan states that the population will grow by 1 million, and that at least half of that will come from from outside Ireland.

Simon Coveny
    "We estimate over the next 20 years that the population of Ireland will certainly grow by an extra million people. Linked to that estimate is that half of that number won't have been born in Ireland. I think that will be a really good thing for Irish society but we do need to manage it carefully so we don't allow the politics of migration to play a big part in Irish politics because I think it pulls us down a dangerous direction."

I thinks its safe to say that more than half of that million will come from immigration. Nearly 70% of the Irish voted to abort their unborn [and cheered like Ireland just won the World Cup] so I can't see them changing their minds anytime soon.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Bobblehats wrote: »
    We’re actually a bit of a running joke to these people by now I saw a video of one fella in the african bush stark bollock naked waving a machete threatening to chop us up when he comes to “I-land”. There’s videos of them living in stunning new builds, all mod cons beautifully lacquered seamless floors big american style fridges they get handouts to stock up and these circulate around their social media feeds back home. Let’s just say it’s a lot of people word is very much getting out; to more than even I can even fathom. We’re going to need a bigger housing estate. Lots of them..
    We have a housing crisis. Most people in direct provision don't leave even when they get refugee status. Nowhere to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

jmreire wrote: »
    Ah, I think that Frau Merkel has changed her opinion of "Multicultural Society" as being a positive in Germany..openly admitting that it has not been a success.
    " Oct 23, 2019 - Angela Merkel says Germany has 'utterly failed' at building multicultural ... But the idea of having people from different backgrounds “live side-by-side” hasn't worked, ...

I was talking to a German girl the other day at the gym, told me she's terrified to go out at night on her own back in Germany , it's a disaster and why we can't see that here I will never know

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Post colonial mind melt

Screenshot-1.png

Simon Coveny

Why would you even take a chance on it in the first place? It's not working out too good in other countries, better yet how or who do we hold accountable when it goes t!ts up?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

why we can't see that here I will never know

Its because of intense conditioning, through the Media, Education, Politics, Celebrities etc

The conditioning is so strong that nothing will change their outlook. Nothing can seem to break the conditioning.
    The Knowledge and facts about the likes of Grooming gangs, Crime, Rapes, terrorism you name it are irrelevant. Evidence of social problems, far from causing them to take stock and reappraise their position actually cause them to double down and ends up reinforcing their beliefs.

But the EU doesn't like this. They are putting those countries under pressure to take migrants. Its unbelievable.

They want to dilute national identities so they can install their federal EU, they couldn't wait to push through migrant quotas...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

They want to dilute national identities so they can install their federal EU, they couldn't wait to push through migrant quotas...

And set up a dependable voting block that will vote unanimously for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

Why would you even take a chance on it in the first place? It's not working out too good in other countries, better yet how or who do we hold accountable when it goes t!ts up?

Because the people implementing the plans children won't have to compete for school places with these peoples kids, they won't have to wait in over crowded hospital ER with these people, they won't have to suffer the effects of the inevitable crime wave that will follow like it has in every country that has unsuccessfully pushed multiculturalism upon it's citizens.

They will however have them clean the crap off their toilets though, deliver their food on bikes in the pissing rain or work in their factories for peanuts.

When it goes t1ts up like you say you will doubtless be called a racist and all other types of vile rubbish because you question it, that i can guarantee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭Cordell

Simon Coveny

Yes, they estimate what is going to happen, but there is no action planned to make it happen. There is no conspiracy to bring people in. The plan is how to deal with an existing situation, not to create it. I don't think I'll be able to, ahem, mansplain it better than that :)

Advertisement