Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭lmao10

Just a bunch of gombeens spamming sh*te and thinking they are playing 4D chess.

https://twitter.com/EamonnVIDF/status/1545375394030915584

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Lot of truth in what you say. Refugee policy is bullshit. Guy arrives from Pakistan? After going over two continents and arrives in Ireland looking for Refugee status?

Don't get me wrong in particular crisis like Ukraine and Syria we should do our bit but make it practically impossible if you skip ten countries to get here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is "Jim Corr News" a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

There seems to be a lot of confusion among some posters here. Significant inward immigration is not the same thing as multiculturalism.

France tried significant inward immigration tied to the idea that must accept the values of the republic. This is not multiculturalism.

The UK tried an approach more akin to multiculturalism. Those who say this was a complete failure, take note of the many successful first second and third generation Asians in the UK, including plenty of Asian Britons and also black Britons in the current Cabinet (whatever one thinks of the Tories). There have been both failings and successes associated with the UK approach.

In this country we seem to be conducting a brave experiment, which is be a very nice and hospitable and welcoming place to people from cultures entirely different to our own, and hope that we won't ever be affected by the types of issues that have plagued both France, and to a lesser extent, the UK. I, in common with the majority of posters here am sceptical about this strategy. If it works, great, if it doesn't, then the people responsible need to be held accountable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

They’re already accountable, why should a handful be allowed alter the demograph of the isle. Irrevocably, in summoning all of their powers to draw from all corners it was put to them once and unanimously disapproved; yet here we are being overwhelmed in return what sort of response.

..and the tired accusations of racism; right out of the block it is well established where protections removed that one obstacle they did fabricate was that to become their own people’s last line of defence. I have gone to the tribes, spoke the elders the people are frustrated; dispirited and weary. Apathetic but we reserve the right to our island, we cannot continue like this.

We want, to make progress but the self appointed progressives are holding us back in return. One thing we know we’ve a lot of people to protect; not least from themselves and if we’ve to pick them up kicking and screaming then so be it. It is our duty they must be removed, to safety whilst we deal with the scourge and maybe in time when recovery is in place then they can feel free to have input and go about their day…

I sense a new dawn; is at hand do spread the word.

• Advertisement

@dorothylives as per your comment this is an example of what gets a post deleted and gets you labelled a racist

(dorothylives comment was one of the many comments deleted without any mention for anyone following who is wondering why the @ and where half the last few days of the thread went)

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

I've no idea what any of this means. What 'tired accusations of racism?'. My post nowhere contained any accusations of racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Thread is confusing. Posters linking to reports of underage girls being harassed by refugees are being countered with pictures of national party oddballs who have turned up to stir the pot.

Is the virtue signalling to strangers on the internet worth more than calling out real life harassment of children in an Irish village? How depressing

Surely around 70% of ads on Irish tv have black people in them despite Irelands black population being less than 3%.

If not the main "character " then as a background individual. A box ticking. You won't see a group of white friends on an ad. There is always a token black person there too. Cars, alcohol, food, clothes etc. It's all the same.

Why isn't their an Asian in every ad?

Or an Indian ?

How about someone from the travelling community?

It's bizarre and a form of mental programming

• Advertisement

I suppose you could draw parallels with the child that wails loudest. You give them a toy or the trophy; albeit a replica and it might sate their tantrum

As an example I was watching the football on rte now. The break after the match

Centra ad - check

Car ad - check

Islands edge - check.

The lotto ad got in an Indian, an Asian and 2 black people

According to census 2011 it's 1.42 % of the population who are black.

I'm sure that number is higher now but it's notnon the scale of the representation shown.

I reckon the whole afrokin thing is a stage. Part of conditioning you to believe that you’re it and if not, then you’d want to aspire to be thing is for anyone with so much as an iota it tends to go the other way

Now I understand we have some condescending people, in prominent places but if they truly are working beyond my comprehension then that’s another level of divisive altogether and so I can’t comment on that 🤐

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mywifetoldme

Its the Smithwick's ad that gets me. The switching on of electricity in a 1930's pub, with a black couple standing at the bar.

What were they thinking,

A women standing at the bar in a 1930's pub.

Just wouldn't happen.

I wouldn’t touch any with geographic inaccuracies, let alone historical far too forced that’d be for the overtly impressionable you can only overdo blazing saddles so many times folk become weary regardless.

These product are losing their core market every turn, but with the new potential consumer base being so limitless they’re not bothered…

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

It's just the NGO Industrial Complex and Progressives trying to muddy the waters and implement the tried and trusted "victim" narrative. A serious problem with refugees exists in Kinnegad, but the NGO's and Progressives ignore that and point to four **** eejits who rock up to Kinnegad from the National Party and say "Forget the problems with the refugees! THIS IS THE REAL PROBLEM!!! RACISTS!!!!"

Progressives. They never seem to get tired of being wrong all the time.

Post edited by Mike Murdock on

It’s an issue alright and t he NOG crowd won’ t be cnotent until it’s reflected in your most of rural of hearts… when their poster child nike tykes with issues are standing on placarded doorsteps of great laureates past in their jammies shouting the whole village down like they’ve the run of the place, for mammy to pick up their coco pops.

There’s nothing progressive about it you absolutely want to conserve; make no mistake and I cannot reiterate that enough.

A nice thread here on the goings on by the right wing snowflakes and grifters.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Not at all. Locals got together to discuss the situation and speak to relevant powers that be on the issues. They worked together to address the issues. They met with all local TDs and representatives of the Minister and the Gardai. It turns out a lot of the stories going around had never been reported to the Gardai. As I predicted earlier a lot of the stories were pretty much fake news. All the NP fanboys on here must be gutted but Kinnegad ran the fascist scum out of town.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

There seems to be a lot of confusion among some posters here. Significant inward immigration is not the same thing as multiculturalism.

Actually, I'd say that you're a mite confused here, as you're using examples for migration and multiculturalism which don't work very well. Mass immigration is the modern expression of multiculturalism, because the infrastructure has been put in place by the governments, NGOs, etc. That infrastructure is the layers of organisations that benefit from increasing populations of foreign cultural groupings.

The path of multiculturalism rests on the recognition of foreign cultural groups, and the provision of rights/supports/protections to those groups, elevating them above the average native from the host nation, as compensation for the natural advantages that the natives typically have through generational wealth, education received at source, etc. The thrust of multiculturalism is to promote the differences in cultural groups, so that foreign cultures remain separate from the native group. For multiculturalists, they want greater populations of foreign groups, because then, the differences become more obvious. With small populations, the impact of the differences is lessened, and that doesn't tend to increase the influence of the NGOs, activists, politicians, etc.

France tried significant inward immigration tied to the idea that must accept the values of the republic. This is not multiculturalism.

The UK tried an approach more akin to multiculturalism. Those who say this was a complete failure, take note of the many successful first second and third generation Asians in the UK, including plenty of Asian Britons and also black Britons in the current Cabinet (whatever one thinks of the Tories). There have been both failings and successes associated with the UK approach.

In both cases, of the UK and France, the majority of their inward immigration arose from their links to colonial possessions, along with the remnants of their African/M.East Adventures. Both the UK and France continued to play games in Africa and the M.East, even after relinquishing their actual territories, but also extended citizenship and other rights to the peoples from those colonies, or "allies". Their experiences with foreign cultures mostly doesn't come from mass immigration, as Ireland or other non-imperial/colonial empires, experienced. The dynamics are completely different.

The UK has had some success because the core groups of foreign cultures that came there, already had a foundation in English/British culture. India (or those within the commonwealth) continued, after independence, to push British educational standards in their own schools, with many Indians spending time around British people. There was an exchange of culture over decades...

I don't think anyone here has said that the UK is a complete failure. It certainly isn't. However, it's not any kind of success either. The degree of crime/violence that involves BAME in the UK is a good indication of that, and it's not limited to the cities. Same with the presence of BAME in unemployment or welfare statistics, or those who exist within the Shadow/Black economy.

As for France, they're royally screwed, but the demographics involved are very different from the UK, and there was never any kind of exchange of culture between the natives from Algeria, Morocco, etc and the French. They were seen as aggressive and brutal occupiers, and the immigrants brought their hatred of the French with them, when they immigrated to France proper.

Entirely different situations for both the UK and France... but even greater differences for the rest of Europe, when it comes to multiculturalism and immigration. Perhaps you should look at the poster children of multiculturalism... Germany and Sweden, both of whom lauded multiculturalism, and did encourage mass immigration.

In this country we seem to be conducting a brave experiment, which is be a very nice and hospitable and welcoming place to people from cultures entirely different to our own, and hope that we won't ever be affected by the types of issues that have plagued both France, and to a lesser extent, the UK. I, in common with the majority of posters here am sceptical about this strategy. If it works, great, if it doesn't, then the people responsible need to be held accountable.

The Irish have a terrible track record in making anyone responsible for the negatives that happen. It's not going to matter anyway.. the damage will have been done. And no, it's not going to work.. and in fact, we can already see the decline in hospitality by Irish people, the rise of tribalism, etc. And from looking at migrant groups, we can already see the expectations and sense of entitlement that is present elsewhere, which invariably leads to economic problems and social unrest.

There's simply too much wishful thinking going on. We're doing exactly the same as other European nations did, and we're expecting a different result. Forget the UK and France. We're doing the same as Denmark, Sweden, etc. All countries that had a high standard of living, relatively high cost of living, and decent economies within the first world nations. And yet, most of them are struggling now, both socially, and economically.

Significant inward migration and multiculturalism are not the same thing. I can't recall anyone saying that they were... but they go hand-in-hand.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Hahahahahahaha

The IRONY of someone who is part of a group of people who are consistently on the wrong side of the arguement telling 'progressives' that they are always wrong is one of the funniest things I've read here in a long time.

The irony of people who will believe any old shite as long as it aligns with their beliefs only to have their togs pulled down constantly when it turns out the 'reports' they have read have been, at the very least, massively fabricated.

Needed that laugh. Brilliant.

Article here about Kinnegad, why is there never any questioning about the most basic things like how does a chef from Somalia wind up seeking asylum in Ireland? Why are all of these people men and why are we suddenly getting so many applications, perhaps because we're an incredibly soft touch?

"They are all men from countries such as Syria, Georgia, Somalia and Egypt.

According to the Department of Children and Integration, another 90 men will be housed at the premises in the coming weeks 'due to an unprecedented demand' in people seeking international protection.

This is despite the fact that the hotel has only 45 bedrooms, meaning that three people are required to share a room." https://extra.ie/2022/07/09/news/asylum-seekers-shock-at-sudden-move-to-kinnegad-where-locals-are-upset-they-were-not-informed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Its the basic omissions that rile me to be honest. By no mean unique to asulym seekers, standard of journalism is really really poor in this country.

Why are you here? How long have you been waiting? How did you get here (and why not stop in many safe countries)? Why has your application been rejected?

And the one that always gets me. You are seeking asulym so had reasons to fear your home country, you are safe, fed and housed. Surely being bored is acceptable? They just all come across as rather entitled (much like many of our own etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

We have a man who assaulted a 14 year old girl and some nut jobs who are threatening him online.

Yet we have people here who instead of express sympathy for a girl who was assaulted they are upset because someone who will never actually assault that piece of scum is abusing him on the Internet.

Usually the type of people who talk about #be kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

Eid was celebrated at Croke Park again yesterday, I thought that was only supposed to be during Covid lock downs? Shame there's no women there to show how multicultural and accepting Islam is. The novelty seems to have worn off though. The first year they did it Higgins was there along with some of the great and good to signal the aul virtue and support of our new Muslim Irish. Last year there were a few interdenominational faces in attendance at the VIP box. I couldn't tell you who was there yesterday.

https://www.independent.ie/videos/it-shows-how-accepting-irish-people-are-eid-celebrations-take-place-in-croke-park-for-third-year-in-a-row-41826983.html

We don't though do we? Not according to the guards. We have a bunch of racists and fascists trying to stir up some sh*t and they got told where to go by the kinnegad residents. Time to move on to the next grifting session for many.

https://twitter.com/EamonnVIDF/status/1545695099979440128

https://twitter.com/EamonnVIDF/status/1545416389959290881

I remember this kind of thing happening in Lisdoonvarna. There was lots of coverage of some welcoming group claiming to be locals, who were setting up a welcome group. Turned out they didn't even live in the county let alone the town. The locals didn't want the 115 asylum seekers they got then, Christ knows what they've got now. The hotel owner has 2 hotels now that are full of asylum seekers/refugees. He was quoted recently when the Ukrainians arrived to his hotel as saying 'we could do more'. How many millions is he making a year out of it? I'm sure he thinks we can give him more.

The guards will tow the line. They will not be allowed to confirm that there are any problems with these men. They will certainly not be allowed to acknowledge if there are any incidents of sexual assaults. I think policing here is going to go the way it did in Europe with all details of crime being recorded in a way that hides the identity of the criminal so that people don't become aware of the high criminality rates among our new Irish. African crime gang had drugs etc seized in Drogheda last week, Mosney DP centre only a few miles down the road. Those chickens are coming home to roost.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/town-votes-overwhelmingly-against-housing-115-asylum-seekers-in-hotel-t7fxqw83j

You seem to be adopting a conspiracy theory about NGO's etc. It is simply not realistic to ascribe mass migration to the influence of NGO's. Mass migration is caused primarily by globalised capitalism - (cheap travel, the internet making people in poor countries aware that there are better standards of living available in other countries), and also by political repression. Climate change also a factor. Globalised capitalism has also rescued millions if not billions from poverty, so important to have a nuanced view.

It is simply not correct to state that multiculturalism is the only outcome of mass immigration. In fact, some countries, such as France specifically choose not to adopt the multicultural model. You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that mass immigration in and of itself leads directly to multiculturalism. This is not correct.

There is another model, which is assimilation. In other words, immigrants are strongly encouraged to adopt the values and beliefs of the host country and not retain the values of the culture from which they came, if there is a conflict between the different sets of values. You seem to be confusing multiethnicity with multiculturalism. They are not necessarily the same thing. If we are to study France’s secularism also known as “Laïcité”, we find that the country seems to follow a secular doctrine that is borderline ‘Secular Fundamentalism’, a doctrine that actually opposed to multiculturism. 

Blaming slow economic growth in Sweden and Denmark on the immigrants is just bizarre and counterlogical. If anything immigrants probably staved off economic stagnation due to reduced birth rate in the original populations. Obviously, there are also big negatives, such as the situation with ethnic conflict in parts of Malmo.

Post edited by mazdamiatamx5 on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I am not really sure what point you are trying to make with that reply.

A 14 Yr old was sexually assaulted and all I have seen from you is calling people fascists and racists.

Do you believe someone who sexually assaulted a young teenage girl should be deported from this country?

• Advertisement

Sweden has no go areas and parts of it have become ethnic war zones with rival African gangs fighting and killing each other on a daily basis for control of territory. Denmark brought in mandatory language classes to force integration and force the new Danes to integrate. It didn't work for the Danes who have now begun deporting many of them and who have made it clear that Denmark will no longer accept ANY refugees. But hey, it's all gonna be different here.

We'll get all the doctors and engineers, I'm sure the angry ranting young African man who whipped his penis out in front of women and children in Dublin the other day and who had to restrained by several guards just to handcuff him, was just a stressed out young doctor who'd had a bad day at work. There's no conspiracy theory about NGO's. The fact is they are making a killing from asylum seekers. Do you remember the footage at a meeting in Brussels where so many ethnic minority NGO's had been brought from Ireland to speak at the meeting? An African lady at the top table halted someone mid speech to ask if everyone in Ireland had their own NGO. It's absurd and everyone else can see it. Some choose not to.

Advertisement