Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭CeCe12

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Classic “seek and ye shall find” stuff.

Have you been for a walk around most town centres, taken taxis that often, or even ordered food that often that you can state with any degree of certainty other than your own belief, that there is a huge increase in non-European immigrants who clearly aren’t here because of shortage of local skills?

How would anyone even know their legal status unless they asked them? I doubt anyone making those sorts of claims has actually asked people they perceive to be non-European whether they were born here and what do they do for a living. I imagine the number of people visiting A&E with broken jaws would increase significantly in tandem with the number of part-time, unskilled immigration officers 😂

I don’t think the fact that the numbers of people coming from Africa and Asia coming to Ireland being on an upward trajectory just this year alone, has anything to do with them getting wind of anything in Irish politics or immigration policies. The figures have been on an upward trajectory since the mid 90’s, even more so when jus soli citizenship was done away with by way of thinking it would reduce the numbers of immigrants coming to Ireland, with it being argued at the time there were too many then too, that it wasn’t safe for them to travel, exactly the same arguments being made then as there are now, basically, which has led to this -

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/IRL/ireland/refugee-statistics

Upon seeing those trends in the data, one could be forgiven for thinking of those who make arguments against immigration based upon fearmongering and predictions for the future of Irish society - “shut up, you’re going to jinx it!” 😂

Nah, the more likely explanation isn’t just that good news travels fast. It’s that nothing travels as fast as Missionaries on a mission, and they’ve been circumnavigating the globe for centuries now, bringing the good news to the furthest flung, uncivilised corners of the earth. Generations have grown up with stories from Ireland and other European nations about the freedom enjoyed by people living in the West, about our better standards of everything, it’s portrayed as the land of freedom, liberty, democracy and all that good stuff, where people would want for nothing.

To most immigrants who come here, that’s exactly what Europe is, by comparison to where they’re coming from. And they tell the rellies, who tell the rest of the village about Kunta’s fabulous life in Ireland.

For all they know, Kunta could have been sold into slavery, or providing entertainment for adults with a fetish for the exotic, who knows, who cares? Kunta has a fabulous life in Ireland, that’s all that matters, no different to how the lives of emigrants were portrayed back home when they left Ireland and ended up snorting coke off some oul grannys withered tits, thinking “how the fcuk has my life come to this?” 😂

The idea that immigrants have even heard of Helen and Roderick, let alone their politics or policies on immigration, is laughable, if not outright absurd, as the possibility is so remote, it’s not even worth entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Geert von Instetten

“Who’s ‘this poster’ who identified 2019 as the year further measures were introduced?”

Except reducing a measure in scale is different from discontinuing a measure entirely. If the referenced measures remained in practice, even to a lesser extent, one would expect the 2019 deportation figures to be higher than the pre-2019 figures, therefore it remains appropriate to refer to the deportation figures for 2019. 

“And as for the rest of your figures, you needn’t have gone to so much trouble, let alone forgetting to show your sources, because it’s all contained in the same article I linked to -“

Interestingly that part of the article was absent from your direct quotation and I’m unable to access subscriber-only articles from the Irish Times. Including the information regarding “leave to land” is important if you intend to formulate an argument based on it. The figures you reference were either included before or after the limited part of the article you decided to quote directly. 

“What you claim is “the substantial amount of misinformation” is only because you clearly weren’t arsed reading the source I provided which contained the information I was referring to.”

I read the information I was able to access, as I’d imagine was the case with others, for that reason it was certainly worth the trouble. In order to be as indignant as you are over this, you would at least have to ensure that the information is accessible to all. I’ll afford you the excuse of absentmindedness, in truth, however, it appears as though you quoted from the article quite selectively. Certainly, it is the case that you were pressed on this issue and instead of directly referring to the Irish Times article and the “leave to land” figures included therein, you decided to initiate a tangential discussion. Indeed, you were pressed further for figures and despite evidently having access to them, decided to dissimulate, passing over the opportunity to refer directly to the article you had parsimoniously quoted from - “Now you want figures for something I never argued in the first place, and the first person to bring it up, was you!”. Why omit that part of the article from your direct quote? After all, you were well aware that a few of your interlocutors were far from technologically inclined - “I'm not able to put up links or paste things as I'm not that great at IT issues.”

“He’s obviously asking for evidence of people where there is evidence that they have committed fraud, as opposed to just applying for asylum, which, the last time I checked, is still not unlawful. Best not to conflate seeking asylum with fraud - one is lawful, the other is not.”

It is patently clear from the comment itself that he is referring to the destruction of identity documents in relation to asylum as fraud - “Can you explain to us why an individual destroying their travel documents on their way here to claim asylum shouldn't be turfed out of our country as quickly as they arrived? That's fraud.” If it is the case that you intend to formulate this argument then it is important that you define “fraud” from your perspective. It is clear that the other commenter interpreted a “fraudster” as a person that destroys identity documents to facilitate an asylum claim, potentially applying it, in addition, to those that are subsequently refused asylum. I’ve provided figures for those refused entry to the State on the basis of destroyed documents, presumably you refuse to recognise these cases as “fraudulent”; I’ve provided figures for those refused asylum and lesser protected statuses and you presumably refuse to recognise these cases as “fraudulent” as well. This is a matter of perspective. I would argue that these cases are at least questionable, you are entitled to your own perspective, however, it is perfectly clear that your perspective on this differed from the other commenter’s. Problematically, you implied that you recognised his perspective and were engaging with his comments from that identical perspective.

“Best not to conflate seeking asylum with fraud - one is lawful, the other is not. Fairly basic distinction between the two concepts that’s easy for most people to grasp”

If you had clarified that this was your perspective in your initial response, then at least there would be transparency regarding your own perspective on the matter. Instead you equivocated and as I wrote, that is the primary issue I have - you implied that you considered the aforementioned cases an issue in the initial commenter’s intended meaning, that was the way you decided to address them;

“individuals who destroy their travel documents on the way here, ARE put on the next flight back to where they came from -“

“I simply provided evidence which refutes the premise of your question - they are turfed out, put back on the next flight to wherever they came from.”

“I pointed out that your assumption [that those destroying documents on arrival in Ireland remained in Ireland as opposed to being immediately deported] was incorrect.”

I accused you of misinformation but on reflection, disinformation is probably a fair assessment, your response to my comment demonstrates an entirely different perspective from your initial response to the matter…

Regardless of your intentions, the figures for those claiming asylum following the destruction of identity documents and for those refused asylum that are actually deported, are clear for everyone to read and formulate on opinion on - that, at least, is a positive development in the conversation!

Post edited by Geert von Instetten on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Cordell

Have you been for a walk around most town centres, taken taxis that often, or even ordered food that often that you can state with any degree of certainty other than your own belief, that there is a huge increase in non-European immigrants who clearly aren’t here because of shortage of local skills?

Yes, out of my ~40 Uber Eats orders over the last 3 years 2 were delivered by Europeans, only 1 by an Irish person. The rest mostly muslim names, maybe some indians and a couple of brazilian names. It looks like we are in a different country where the Irish are a tiny minority. Taxi orders are better, maybe 1/4 were Irish drivers, the rest mostly african and muslim sounding names. Let's make this clear, I've no problem with these people, they do what they have to do to make a better life for themselves. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

Incendiary my arse.

This country has a housing crisis of epic proportions, so 200k immigrants of which about 80,000 are depending on govt supports and accommodation are causing a heavy strain.

Also there are large numbers of Roma coming in, they don't come up in the asylum numbers but it's clear they are very dependent on the state (which is where I get my 80k estimate from).

• Advertisement

Well if that isn’t a whole load of “I know you are, but what am I?” childish nonsense 🙄

I’ll make it even simpler for you as it’s not just a matter as you put it of “different perspectives”, it’s indicative of both yours and Kermit’s struggle against reality.

• In order for either yourself or Kermit to declare anyone a fraudster, you’d have to have evidence that they committed fraud, something which neither you nor Kermit have.
    • @malinheader whom you refer to as the other interlocutor, has nothing to do with this particular diversion from the theme of the thread.
    • The Irish Times article I linked to, IS accessible by all. One doesn’t need to be a subscriber, and I’m not responsible for anyone cannot access the article because they are so technically illiterate they cannot click on a hyperlink. That wasn’t @malinheader issue though; the issue malinheader was having is that he isn’t au fait with copying and pasting, which I figured is fair enough, and contrary to your expectations that I should be capable of mind reading other people’s intent, I made it clear that I don’t need the details, I’m aware of the case he’s talking about. I’m not in the business of breaking anyone’s balls or being unreasonable.
    • There was nothing interesting about my having omitted any part of the article that wasn’t relevant to the point I was making that contrary to Kermit’s claims, the people he claimed were fraudsters, were NOT being allowed into the country, they were, as pointed out in the snippet of the article I posted, immediately being put back on the next flight back to their destination.

You did accuse me of misinformation, and initially I wasn’t sure whether or not it was me you were accusing, because I know I didn’t misinform anyone, nor was there any disinformation. It was all there, clearly, and as a matter of courtesy, so that people CAN actually read it for themselves, I provide links to any sources so that people CAN read the source for themselves if they wish to do so, something which you clearly do not, appearing to prefer to profer your opinions while preferring not to reveal your sources as though the information isn’t already out there in the public domain, accessible to even the most technically illiterate amongst us.

My perspective has not deviated from my initial response to the question, not even in my response to your post which isn’t me being indignant or anything else. I pointed out that you didn’t need to go to so much trouble when the information was there in the article I linked to. I’m not trying to misinform or disinform when I’m telling you exactly where to get the information which I had previously provided a source for! 😂

You don’t get to accuse someone of wrongdoing and then say regardless of their intentions, as though your accusations still stand or are worth any merit, luckily for me there are no consequences for your behaviour other than your attempt to distort reality and try and claim the high moral ground when you’ve been caught with your trousers down so to speak.

The fact is that you can’t provide evidence for the underlying same claims that Kermit is making which form the basis of his loaded question. There’s a name for that sort of behaviour, and it isn’t ‘legitimate argument’. In reality, neither you nor Kermit has one, and I was pointing that out, and whereas Kermit moved the goalposts, you decided to go for the personal attack which, much like your lack of an argument, frankly has come to nothing, because there was no foundation or substance for it.

It wasn’t because of you either that the figures are there for everyone to ruminate upon, it’s because I provided a source for the point I was making to refute the misleading claim on which Kermit’s question was based, the one which you quoted but didn’t address, instead using it as a springboard to launch a misguided attack on an unspecified target, ending up having to climb your way out of the hole you dug for yourself by trying to drag me down with you and use me to give you a booster.

I’d never look down on anyone, even when they try and blame me for their problems, and in your case I’m not going to treat you any differently than I would anyone else. As I said to Kermit earlier, and I’m saying the same to you now - I’ll just leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,246 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I think it was 2019 but Sinn Fein were amongst certain parties that were in favour of a bedroom tax…

basically wanting to hit say a person who was left a 2/3/4 bedroom family home and planned on remaining in their family home alone..

the supporters of this idea wanted it implemented so that individuals should be forced to sell the property to enable a family of recent arrivals or a family on social housing waiting list to have it. A sort of communist state ideal… where owning something in theory, can change if you don’t meet the conditions to own it… might have bought it for 400,000 euros, put another 20,000 in redecorating and new windows, heating system etc… but…. Sorry, off out to a lovely one bedroom box in Balbriggan with you…

a sort of communist state ideal… where owning something isn’t actually giving you absolute right to keep it… if your circumstances don’t match the requirements on the spreadsheet… basically a version of authoritarianism which is NOT democracy or indeed anything close…

Ahh I know you’ve no problem with anyone, I don’t even care whether you do or you don’t like them, or it, or whatever. I was questioning your claims about the idea of anyone talking a walk around even ANY town centre in Ireland and being able to determine anyone’s legal status.

Ruth Negga is from around your neck of the woods if I’m not mistaken? I would have said Kamal Ibrahim is too, but that’s just scraping the bottom of the barrel as his greatest contribution to Irish society has been a diversity hire in RTE 🤔

As careers which are important to the functioning of society go, the lads delivering food are much higher up the pecking order IMO than the ranks of oxygen thieves in RTE being supported by the State as our national broadcaster… just IMO of course 🤨

The important details for those reading this are the following; that the overwhelming majority of those arriving with destroyed identity documents decide to claim asylum in Ireland, and that the deportation rate for refused asylum claimants in Ireland is incredibly low.

As regards the destruction of documents and asylum;

From January to July 2022, 2,915 individuals arrived in Ireland and failed to produce identity documents, they were refused “leave to land” in Ireland. 

Of those 2,915, 77% claimed asylum and were allowed remain in Ireland pending assessment of their claim.

As regards deportation rates for those eventually refused asylum;

In 2019, 2,535 individuals were issued a deportation order, while only 298 deportation orders were effected, this is equivalent to 11.76% of individuals issued a deportation order. 

In 2019, IPAT upheld 71% of asylum decisions and overturned 29% of asylum decisions. Accounting for overturned decisions, 16.56% of deportation orders were effected.

As regards your personal intentions, if people care to read the preceding comments, they will, I’m confident, find there to be a fair amount of equivocation on your part - I’m far from the first to accuse you of evasion and dissembling, there is a theme there. The truth is that your comments regarding those that destroy their documents on arrival in the State are there for all to read;

“individuals who destroy their travel documents on the way here, ARE put on the next flight back to where they came from -“

“I simply provided evidence which refutes the premise of your question - they are turfed out, put back on the next flight to wherever they came from.”

“I pointed out that your assumption [that those destroying documents on arrival in Ireland remained in Ireland as opposed to being immediately deported] was incorrect.”

The fact that you were referring to those few that destroyed their documents and then decided to refrain from actually claiming asylum was far less clear, at least until I clarified it. I’m content that this misinformation, disinformation is clarified at last.

Incendiary my arse.

A dodgy curry will do that to even the best of men. It’s part of the Muslim Masterplan - infiltrate the Irish food supply chain is only the beginning 😂

But seriously, that’s all it is - is incendiary propaganda. There’s no housing crisis, let alone one of epic proportions. The idea that people couldn’t afford to purchase property is nothing new; the ownership of property is embedded in the Irish psyche as a milestone in life, the bigger and more extravagant, the greater the status symbol. Coupled with our almost inviolable property rights, it’s understandable that people would crib about their inability to afford the kind of luxury lifestyle they feel they are entitled to. That doesn’t amount to a housing crisis, it’s nothing more than a sense of entitlement going unfulfilled, and people playing the victim expecting everyone should take pity on them.

What you’re referring to, isn’t an accommodation crisis for most people in Ireland either. It’s limited to a minuscule percentage of the population who struggle to afford accommodation suitable for their needs. Government too has an obligation to ensure that accommodation provided is of a sufficient standard, and some people expect it should appear overnight when housing schemes like the affordable housing scheme were ended in 2011, around the same time as banks decided they would no longer be taking advantage of people’s stupidity by offering 100% mortgages, and bedsits were banned with the intent of providing quality accommodation in it’s place. The arse falling out of the property market isn’t a recent development, nor can immigrants be blamed for Irish people’s expectations of a lifestyle they can ill-afford when it’s been bred into them from birth!

It’s not clear that Roma are at all dependent upon the State either, let alone very dependent upon it, when they don’t qualify for support from the State -

Section 15 of the Social Welfare and Pensions (No 2) Act 2009 amended section 246 of the Social Welfare Consolidation Act 2005 by adding a new condition required on top of the HRC in order to qualify for HRC-dependent social welfare payments: in addition to demonstrating that they are habitually resident in the manner previously outlined, applicants must also have a right of residence in the State. This change was made in response to a series of decisions made by the former Chief Social Welfare Appeals Officer which held that there was no blanket prohibition on asylum seekers and other persons within the leave to remain or subsidiary protection processes receiving social welfare payments.

A distinction now exists between those already granted a right of residence (who were possibly entitled to social welfare payments while waiting a determination of their status) and those currently waiting for such a determination, who are expressly not entitled to social welfare payments as they are not regarded as having a right to reside. While the Roma population are now mostly EU citizens and therefore no longer able to seek asylum in Ireland, they are still affected by this new restriction as they are mostly Romanian and Bulgarian citizens. The State is currently applying transitional measures to immigrants from these two new EU Member States. They are only permitted to take up insurable employment if they hold a valid work permit (usually valid for a continuous period of at least 12 months) or if, before 1 January 2007, they were working in the State on a work permit which was valid for at least 12 months or on an immigration Stamp 4 for at least 12 months. They may also become self-employed, apparently without the need for a work permit, since 1 January 2007.

https://www.lenus.ie/bitstream/handle/10147/143240/PositPapImpactHRCOnTravellersRoma.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

• Advertisement

It is impossible to put those who destroys their passports on the next plane back because without passport you can't tell where back is, so claiming that they "ARE put on the next flight back to where they came from" is, at best, an ill informed statement. And the fact that these chancers are even considered for asylum is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 oookkkaaayyy

Vote for the National Party next time around. It's going to take an extreme to fight the extreme.

They’re probably doing the same as you do in deciding where people are from based upon their appearance and send them there 🤔

You want to keep digging a hole for yourself, it’s no trouble to me. The fact that you edit what I actually said to insert your own claims which support your narrative and then claim you’ve clarified anything I said, while accusing me of misinformation and disinformation, speaks for itself.

Your entire contribution as far as that conversation is concerned was deceptive, though those three comments I outlined were the ones with considerable potential to misinform people by prompting them to believe that the majority of those destroying documents on arrival are deported.

For this reason the important issue, the one that I want people to remember, is that that the overwhelming majority of those arriving with destroyed identity documents decide to claim asylum in Ireland, and that the deportation rate for refused asylum claimants in Ireland is incredibly low.

From January to July 2022, 2,915 individuals arrived in Ireland and failed to produce identity documents, they were refused “leave to land” in Ireland. 

Of those 2,915, 77% claimed asylum and were allowed remain in Ireland pending assessment of their claim.

In 2019, 2,535 individuals were issued a deportation order, while only 298 deportation orders were effected, this is equivalent to 11.76% of individuals issued a deportation order. 

In 2019, IPAT upheld 71% of asylum decisions and overturned 29% of asylum decisions. Accounting for overturned decisions, 16.56% of deportation orders were effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭questioner22

The arse falling out of the property market isn’t a recent development, nor can immigrants be blamed for Irish people’s expectations of a lifestyle they can ill-afford when it’s been bred into them from birth!

There is a direct correlation between the increase in immigration to here and a scarcity of accommodation, and prices of that accommodation. 

The prices are inflated way beyond what they should be.

I'm stating the obvious of course to anyone who lives here. If you don't live here, Jack, then that's how it is.

Your entire contribution as far as that conversation is concerned was deceptive

Says you, based entirely upon evidence you contrived yourself. There was no potential for anyone to be misled, because I provided a source for my refutation of Kermit’s claim. Your further claim that you couldn’t access it because you’re not a subscriber was refuted by the fact that I could access the source and I’m not a subscriber either. It’s because I don’t just expect anyone here should take my word for anything, that I provide sources in the first place.

What did you do? Make your claims, provide no source for your claims, and then when I pointed out to you that the information already exists in the source I provided, which anyone can access, you get uppity and accuse me of disinformation, following on from already having accused me of misinformation, an accusation which fell flat on it’s face, that you continue to try and hold me responsible for, when it was entirely of your own making. You tried to discredit my opinion, you failed, miserably, and the only thing we agree on is that I’m as confident as you are that anyone who can be arsed reading this little tete a tete already agrees with your opinions 😒

The figures I referenced were from the ESRI’s Annual Report on Migration and Asylum for 2019 which is accessible to all. As far as misinformation, I’m confident that my comments have clarified the distinction that you decided to elide for people and I’m content with that. As it is, I believe the majority would be inclined to agree with me, certainly as far as deportations are concerned, I’m content with too!

A limited number of Irish Times articles can be accessed if you're not a subscriber - I think it's 2 articles per week.  I'm not a subscriber, that's how I know this.

You’re well aware as I am, that you didn’t provide the source for your opinions in the first place. Only NOW you’re trying to equate providing the link NOW, with what I actually did, on the basis that the information is in the public domain, as I already stated, and pointed out to you that you didn’t need to go to as much trouble as you did when the information was already in the article which I linked to, which I provided because I WANT people to be able to read it for themselves, to be informed, as opposed to what you’re attempting to do which is trying to be persuasive and convincing.

You don’t need to do that either, because your confidence in the idea that people agree with you comes from the perception that people here are opposed to Ireland’s treatment of immigrants. You’re going to an awful lot more effort than is necessary when posters here are already primed to believe your nonsense, because they believe the nonsense that precedes it, much like the way Kermit framed his question in such a way that it was intentionally misleading by referring to fraudsters where there was no evidence of fraud having been committed.

That’s not just “a different perspective”, as you put it; it’s deliberately misleading rhetoric intended to promote an underlying narrative that immigrants are fleecing this country. “Everyone knows it”, apparently 😒

• Advertisement

Nonsense? Nonsense would be the idea that the majority of those arriving with destroyed identity documents are deported, or that the majority of refused asylum claimants are deported - that would nonsense. I intend to ensure that people are aware of that nonsense, even if they are unable to access a subscription-only article quoted selectively in order to avoid reference to any pertinent statistics.

It would certainly be nonsense if anyone were to believe that the majority of those arriving with destroyed identity documents are deported, or that the majority of refused asylum claimants are deported, fortunately we’ve disabused them of that with that subscription-only article.

Again you’re trying to portray this as “a difference of perspective”, when in reality what happened is that you tried to make something out of nothing, it wasn’t even relevant, which is why I didn’t include information in the article that wasn’t relevant, but linked to the article which anyone could read if they wanted to, because in spite of your claims to the contrary, it’s clearly not a subscriber only article.

Perhaps you have your own definition of a subscriber by which you intend it to mean “a person who has the capacity to access articles without payment of a subscription”, which at this point I feel like I’m pointing out the obvious, but that isn’t just incorrect, it’s nonsense.

Who’s lying? You said it yourself less than an hour ago -

Just now, I checked, still accessible for me, not a subscriber -

And if you’re not technically illiterate, you’ll figure out how to do this -

https://newsqueek.com/thousands-of-passengers-destroy-or-lose-passports-before-arriving-at-dublin-airport-the-irish-times/

I won’t actually tell anyone how to do it as doing so might be considered encouraging violating copyright law, and I just know all the morally upstanding posters here would never condone such behaviour 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭conorhal

"Ohh don’t be so dramatic. “What’s being done to Ireland”, as if as many as 200,000 refugees or asylum seekers or immigrants would even make a dint in a population of five million!"

That rather dismissive hand wave would look less stupid if a million of that 5 million people weren't already foreign born or foreign nationals who have arrived over the course of the last 20 years, or that mere 200k arriving, which you so causally wave in without a thought, weren't deepening an already bubbling crisis of housing and services towards a full blown collapse.

Pretending that the addition of migrants akin to adding a new city the size of Cork in a single year is a mere trifle is just madnes. People aren't as stupid as you assume, they only have to walk out into the street to see with their own eyes the changes this attitude has wrought.

You’re not being any less dramatic with your claims of immigrants being responsible for what you call deepening an already bubbling crisis of housing and services towards a full blown collapse! Harbinger of doom much?

Pretending that the addition of migrants is akin to adding a new city is a ridiculous idea, it’s not akin to adding a new city because they’re spread all across the country, and have been as you suggest, been doing so for the last 20 years. I’d go back further to the turn of the century (a couple of centuries really) when the East India Company established itself in Ireland with the result that many Indians in Cork can trace their ancestry back to the first arrivals in Ireland, with an estimated 5,000 Indians now living in Cork -

https://westcorkpeople.ie/columnists/when-a-country-was-subjugated-by-a-company/

https://www.mariner.ie/dundaniel

https://www.historyireland.com/nabobs-soldiers-and-imperial-service-the-irish-in-india/

Special mention should go to one of our lesser-known Irish citizens who died recently -

https://m.independent.ie/business/world/cyrus-mistry-and-the-mammy-factor-at-the-heart-of-tata-30728963.html

(yes, THAT Peter Casey, he’s still alive and kicking though 😁)

I’d like to clarify one thing with you though - at no point have I ever assumed anyone is stupid. They come out with an awful amount of stupid claims though, like you do, and further making the claim that people can see with their own eyes the changes that have taken place in Irish society in the last 20 years is a rather obvious point. What’s not so obvious however, is your assumption that they would agree with your perspective or the narrative you’re attempting to portray that immigrants are responsible for the Irish economy being in the shìtter, invariably at some point to be forced around the U-bend.

You’re not doing any different to the poster I suggested should get some perspective, it really, really does help to relieve your anxiety about the future of Irish society that you’re attempting to whip up in other people whom it’s plain as day simply don’t share your feigned concern for Ireland’s future generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

If the flight comes from another EU country, send them on the next flight back to that country and let the "point of arrival" country process their asylum application. We're not sending them back to a warzone then.

Time to enforce asylum laws to the letter.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's possible to send anyone who can't be identified anywhere. And it's not possible to say for sure which flight were they on by the time they reach immigration booths. So what need to happen is that asylum should be automatically rejected for people who destroy their passports and they need to be detained until they are identified, and then sent back.

Advertisement