Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Just point me to 1system i benefit from in IRELAND by being white. That will suffice.

Employment.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    You need to calm down. I referred to people in general on this thread, and obviously you have no problem with the tone of some posts here but I do and I'm entitled to my opinion. Tough. I've been quite clear on where I stand.

Yes, you have. Now, normally I'd engage with a poster like yourself, but I'm not going to bother this time.

Although you are showing the very behavior, that you're accusing us all of doing. You're showing a complete incapacity to appreciate or even tolerate the opinions of others, and also the desire to put every poster in this thread into a series of neat labels.

And since your posts lack anything in the way of specifics, and instead sweeping generalisations about everyone here... you're not worth engaging with. You're just ranting and virtue signalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Employment.
    The black girl i went to college with in cork who now works in the same industry didn't have any problems getting a job because she actually wanted a job and went and studied like i did.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If you remember, 'white faces' historically thinking that what black 'savage' nations really need is more white people aka colonisers and plunderers so it doesn't need to be suggested, it has already happened for hundreds of years.
    So what? Now it's time for payback? Payback against the White boogyman? If not then again I ask the question; would you be as equally happy with the migration of White people into Black nations for diversity's sake? Say enough to make up 2% of their population. Last time I checked the same Georgians and Ukrainians who are overwhelmingly refused entry to Ireland are White, would you be cool if say Tanzania took them? I doubt it, but then again that wouldn't fit your always oppressed[Black]/always oppressor[White] narrative.
    Do you even realise how entitled, privileged and unempathetic you sound? Congrats, you won the birth place lottery so you have no need of an appeal to anyone else's emotion and kind heartedness of others, more safer and opportunistic people and countries. So F everyone else who weren't so lucky. They can appeal to emotion somewhere else. You're not persuaded enough by their appeals of the benefits (aka real people) of multiculturalism. Lovely.
    And again with the unlisted benefits of multiculturalism. And no, "real people" isn't a benefit. Unless you can point me to some unreal people everyone is "real". So again what are the actual demonstrable benefits of multiculturalism?

Though again here I strongly suspect a colour bias to the "real people" involved. You don't have to answer, but at least be honest with yourself; is White diversity enough multiculturalism for you? Are the couple of hundred thousand White non native Irish living here adding more to our "diversity" than the thirty thousand Black non native Irish? Or are they "privileged" out of the box by virtue of their lack of melanin?
    "Attack...":pac: Meanwhile some people actually live in scary places getting attacked for real. Internet "attacks" are so scary!! Oh no! :pac:
    Nope. You do tend to quite heavily filter what you absorb through your own lens. It was a breakdown of the all too usual narrative of the oppressed/oppressor politic. It can be found just as readily among the most slack jawed American trump supporters too.

And you keep on peddling the notion that all migrants are equal and should get equal treatment. That there's no difference between a chancer coming from the developing world, or an actual refugee fleeing persecution. Regardless of the back and forth on this thread between different viewpoints, you're about the first to suggest this.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Employment.

Get a grip would ya.

• Advertisement

First and foremost asylum should be provided in the nearest safe country and should be temporary where possible. Someone simply waking up in Nigeria or Pakistan some day and deciding they want a better life in the west is just not acceptable imo. That's who we are getting now.

Btw this has been going on long before Trump.

It going on for a long time due to other reasons than Trump is literally what I said, which you disingenuously snipped out of context from my larger post.

I would bet most people would prefer to stay in their birth place if conditions allowed them to. You don't think that those devastated people wish it themselves that needing to find another place could only be temporary, or never need to happen at all? No one "simply wakes up" and decides to go for no good reason at all. At least it wouldn't be the in the majority of reasons so shouldn't factor in nor does it bear mentioning. By the way, plenty of people from all walks of life "wake up" aka weigh their options carefully and decide to immigrate for all kinds of personal reasons. I myself have lived abroad in various places for many years. Should I not have been allowed? It's unacceptable according to you?

Get a grip would ya.

Take it up with the CSO, every HR professional who knows about bias and anti bias training in the workplace, and numerous studies and personal experiences of bias, oppression, aggressions and microagressions and overt racism from pre-employment through to issues while in employment.

Get a grip yourself and open your eyes, step outside of your white privilege blinders that you have. Showing yourself up so you are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You're serious aren't you... you don't really expect me to spend my morning teaching you about what white privilege is when information is there for you to look into yourself at your literal fingertips. The reality and fact is racism exists here in Ireland too and permeates throughout society, manifesting in many ways. I have to point out to you that not engaging in standing up against it where you see it is wrong? There's not enough time in my morning to do that, and educating yourself is your own responsibility. That said, if you'd like to first spend some time researching white privilege and what that means and how you benefit from it and continue to uphold it by looking the other way, I'm down for that. PM me afterwards anytime for further discussion! I mean that.
    While there's something to the luck of the draw aspect, it is also clear it's not the whole story. If it were the East Asian diaspora would be more likely to be found at the bottom end of the socioeconomic scale as the African diaspora is. But they're not. Indeed on average they actually outperform the White locals or diaspora.
    So East Asians don't suffer from White racism, or coming from crapholes and warzones? Refugees from places like Vietnam and Cambodia(yeah that was a picnic alright) have shown a consistent progression towards the top of the socioeconomic pile in every nation they find themselves in. How does that work then? So is there "Yellow privilege" too?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Take it up with the CSO, every HR professional who knows about bias and anti bias training in the workplace, and numerous studies and personal experiences of bias from pre-employment through to issues while in employment.

Get a grip yourself and open your eyes, step outside of your white privilege blinders that you have. Showing yourself up so you are.

White privilege...

Sorry, not today pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

White privilege...

Sorry, not today pal.

I knew the post had no merit when I read ‘microagressions’

• Advertisement

I can just imagine the recruiters reading a CV... This candidate has a degree from a reputable university, 10 years in a similar field, great references, this candidate is perf.... oh he’s black.

*shreds cv*

Must be a fan of antifa on Facebook, certainly has the lingo down.

Wibbs wrote: »
    So what? Now it's time for payback? Payback against the White boogyman? If not then again I ask the question; would you be as equally happy with the migration of White people into Black nations for diversity's sake? Say enough to make up 2% of their population. Last time I checked the same Georgians and Ukrainians who are overwhelmingly refused entry to Ireland are White, would you be cool if say Tanzania took them? I doubt it, but then again that wouldn't fit your always oppressed[Black]/always oppressor[White] narrative.

And again with the unlisted benefits of multiculturalism. And no, "real people" isn't a benefit. Unless you can point me to some unreal people everyone is "real". So again what are the actual demonstrable benefits of multiculturalism?

Though again here I strongly suspect a colour bias to the "real people" involved. You don't have to answer, but at least be honest with yourself; is White diversity enough multiculturalism for you? Are the couple of hundred thousand White non native Irish living here adding more to our "diversity" than the thirty thousand Black non native Irish? Or are they "privileged" out of the box by virtue of their lack of melanin?

Nope. You do tend to quite heavily filter what you absorb through your own lens. It was a breakdown of the all too usual narrative of the oppressed/oppressor politic. It can be found just as readily among the most slack jawed American trump supporters too.

And you keep on peddling the notion that all migrants are equal and should get equal treatment. That there's no difference between a chancer coming from the developing world, or an actual refugee fleeing persecution. Regardless of the back and forth on this thread between different viewpoints, you're about the first to suggest this.

Ah jaysus, the catastrophic, victim playing mentality is getting super old and tedious. Payback? That's what you think anyone faced with tragedy and hopelessness is about now? Wow...

I'm not getting into your racist line of questioning there, sorry. Not interested in playing those games. I would be happy to see people having a little heart and understanding people move around for reasons often devastating circumstances. The only colour bias here is yours and others. I have to point out "real People" because you and others here are talking about them as if they aren't; just undesirable people from undesirable cultures and that's on you. All I can see here is your heavy stance on colour and culture, and again, that line of discussion is your issue not mine.

We aren't going to agree on anything stateofyou. All the best. I know you mean well but I just think the country youd have us live in would be a mess. Youd have millions of people come here just because they felt it provided a better life for them. No concern for the people who already live here or the economy or services, housing etc.

I knew your posts had no merit once you reject information and knowledge. Look at you! 'microagressions...' such a meritless word when one is white and never had to experience that reality, right? Not showing yourself up there at all. :cool:

White privilege...

Sorry, not today pal.

Nor any day as far as you're concerned, right "pal?" You're so far above any of that mattering to you because you benefit from it, we all know. Amazing, great display of humanity. :pac:

Nope. You do tend to quite heavily filter what you absorb through your own lens.

Ha! And you don't? Good god you're really so full of yourself.

I can just imagine the recruiters reading a CV... This candidate has a degree from a reputable university, 10 years in a similar field, great references, this candidate is perf.... oh he’s black.

*shreds cv*

Well done, you see reality and bias of "culture fit" rejection piles! That was easier than I thought it would be. :)

I knew your posts had no merit once you reject information and knowledge. Look at you! 'microagressions...' such a meritless word when one is white and never had to experience that reality, right? Not showing yourself up there at all. :cool:

Um... your posts are full of microaggressions, so... he does have to suffer them.. his skin color has nothing to do with it.

For someone throwing out heaps of phrases, you're showing a very limited understanding of what these phrases supposedly mean.

Must be a fan of antifa on Facebook, certainly has the lingo down.

Antifa... anti-fascists right? Sounds good to me! Sure sign me up for the fan club. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You just assumed im white because of my posts, your anti bias training isnt working.

Um... your posts are full of microaggressions, so... he does have to suffer them.. his skin color has nothing to do with it.

For someone throwing out heaps of phrases, you're showing a very limited understanding of what these phrases supposedly mean.

:pac::pac: wtaf is this waffle :pac:

You just assumed im white because of my posts, your anti bias training isnt working.

If you weren't white, then in my context you'd know all about it. Simple.

:pac::pac: wtaf is this waffle :pac:

its called logic. You should consider reading up on it, and applying it sometime. :D

Nor any day as far as you're concerned, right "pal?" You're so far above any of that mattering to you because you benefit from it, we all know. Amazing, great display of humanity. :pac:

I can’t believe you just assumed my ethnicity. A great display of “humanity” is also offensive, maybe I don’t identify as human.

You see two can play at your absolutely ridiculous game.

Ah jaysus, the catastrophic, victim playing mentality is getting super old and tedious. Payback? That's what you think anyone faced with tragedy and hopelessness is about now? Wow...
    I simply asked a question.
    I'm not getting into your racist line of questioning there, sorry. Not interested in playing those games.
    Because you quite simply can't answer them, so bow out dog whistling about "racism" as you go. It's at the debating level of "well... well... you smell!"
    I would be happy to see people having a little heart and understanding people move around for reasons often devastating circumstances. The only colour bias here is yours and others. I have to point out "real People" because you and others here are talking about them as if they aren't; just undesirable people from undesirable cultures and that's on you. All I can see here is your heavy stance on colour and culture, and again, that line of discussion is your issue not mine.
    Since you appear to get more revved up on "colour and "race"(well it does suit), can you explain why in the UK those of Indian background are more likely to be found at the top of economic, social and educational scale when compared to those of Pakistani background? Same "race", same "colour". Different religion? OK, then how do you explain how Malay folks do better than the same Pakistani folks and they're both Muslim? And again can you answer my previous question about how the East Asian diaspora consistently do better than the African diaspora and actually outperform the White locals?

Now if you do try to answer that in your own head, I warn you it may feel uncomfortable for your deeply held belief in cultural equivalence. Then again if cultural equivalence actually existed beyond social studies courses and naivete nobody, or precious few people would ever leave anywhere, because well what would be the point?

We aren't going to agree on anything stateofyou. All the best. I know you mean well but I just think the country youd have us live in would be a mess. Youd have millions of people come here just because they felt it provided a better life for them. No concern for the people who already live here or the economy or services, housing etc.

No, no I wouldn't and that isn't how I feel nor the reason why I started speaking out on this thread so please don't put words in my mouth. You want to agree to disagree, fine, but use your own thoughts and opinions instead of projecting onto me.

Antifa... anti-fascists right? Sounds good to me! Sure sign me up for the fan club. :D

*terrorist organisation

Ha! And you don't? Good god you're really so full of yourself.
    Can you answer this please?

So East Asians don't suffer from White racism, or coming from crapholes and warzones? Refugees from places like Vietnam and Cambodia(yeah that was a picnic alright) have shown a consistent progression towards the top of the socioeconomic pile in every nation they find themselves in. How does that work then? So is there "Yellow privilege" too?

Should be easy enough to do one would think? I mean you appear to be well up on all the background to the issues and racism etc, so.... Is there "Yellow privilege"?

• Advertisement

I simply asked a question.

Because you quite simply can't answer them, so bow out dog whistling about "racism" as you go. It's at the debating level of "well... well... you smell!"

Since you appear to get more revved up on "colour and "race"(well it does suit), can you explain why in the UK those of Indian background are more likely to be found at the top of economic, social and educational scale when compared to those of Pakistani background? Same "race", same "colour". Different religion? OK, then how do you explain how Malay folks do better than the same Pakistani folks and they're both Muslim? And again can you answer my previous question about how the East Asian diaspora consistently do better than the African diaspora and actually outperform the White locals?

Now if you do try to answer that in your own head, I warn you it may feel uncomfortable for your deeply held belief in cultural equivalence. Then again if cultural equivalence actually existed beyond social studies courses and naivete nobody, or precious few people would ever leave anywhere, because well what would be the point?

You actually need to understand what phrases mean such as dog-whistling, before using them I would have thought. Hard to take anyone seriously otherwise.
    You need to stop getting so revved up on colour and race actually. I don't need to get drawn into that focus of yours in your line of questioning just because I spoke up here about the ugly content of some of the comments spewed on this thread. That's literally the point. The idea of cultural equivalence is your own gutter discussion and I don't want any part of it.

Advertisement