Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

*terrorist organisation

LOLOLOLOLOL :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭MFPM

*terrorist organisation

You are aware there is no 'antifa' 'organisation', terrorist or otherwise?

its called logic. You should consider reading up on it, and applying it sometime. :D

Racism logic is your cup of tea, not mine. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

MFPM wrote: »
    You are aware there is no 'antifa' 'organisation', terrorist or otherwise?

Well then we can continue to slate them without causing offence :pac:

Antifa paedo scum.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Stateofyou wrote: »
    The idea of cultural equivalence is your own gutter discussion and I don't want any part of it.
    Again because you simply can't answer it, because it would make you question things a little too closely.

And again for the third time can you answer this please?

So East Asians don't suffer from White racism, or coming from crapholes and warzones? Refugees from places like Vietnam and Cambodia(yeah that was a picnic alright) have shown a consistent progression towards the top of the socioeconomic pile in every nation they find themselves in. How does that work then? So is there "Yellow privilege" too?

Or are provable facts that beg questioning "gutter discussion" now?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Can you answer this please?

So East Asians don't suffer from White racism, or coming from crapholes and warzones? Refugees from places like Vietnam and Cambodia(yeah that was a picnic alright) have shown a consistent progression towards the top of the socioeconomic pile in every nation they find themselves in. How does that work then? So is there "Yellow privilege" too?

Should be easy enough to do one would think? I mean you appear to be well up on all the background to the issues and racism etc, so.... Is there "Yellow privilege"?

In America right now, Asians are being discriminated against and attacked due to the "Chinese flu" accusation as well as their history of internment camps... it is impossible to have a quick, single line of answer about this on boards as the country(s) of discussion in this question have everything to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

LOLOLOLOLOL :pac::pac:

Your considered and insightful reply certainly has changed my mind.

Antifa paedo scum.

Paedo scum?? And obviously, one can continue to slate an idea/organisation/movement/person etc and still cause offence. Logic there isn't too strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭MFPM

Antifa paedo scum.

What a charming retort, are you really that intellectually stunted?

Your considered and insightful reply certainly has changed my mind.

Well if you ever have one, do let me know. :pac:

• Advertisement

Again because you simply can't answer it, because it would make you question things a little too closely.

And again for the third time can you answer this please?

Or are provable facts that beg questioning "gutter discussion" now?

`seriously wibbs, calm down and let me answer - again - because I already have you just aren't happy with my replies.

In America right now, Asians are being discriminated against and attacked due to the "Chinese flu" accusation as well as their history of internment camps... it is impossible to have a quick, single line of answer about this on boards as the country(s) of discussion in this question have everything to do with it.

Were not talking about twitter making up attacks or exaggerating them ,

You talked about systematic racism in employment, wibbs pointed out that east asians have no hinderance to this and face no obstacles , thats what we want you to discuss, do they have privilege ?

Well if you ever have one, do let me know. :pac:

Says the person littering the current affairs forum with one word replies and smileys.

Your arguments hold no water.

You talked about systematic racism in employment, wibbs pointed out that east asians have no hinderance to this and face no obstacles , thats what we want you to discuss, do they have privilege ?

If anything those East Asians are discriminated against more for being successful especially from an education point of view in the USA where colleges categorise students by ethnicity. Entry scores far higher for Asians and far lower for African Americans.

You don’t hear anyone moaning about black privilege.

MFPM wrote: »
    What a charming retort, are you really that intellectually stunted?

It was repeating what the graffiti said. To be honest we all know why it said that after people flying antifa flags protested an anti paedophile protest. The optics of that could never have been worse.

That isn't true that East Asians have no hindrance to this and face no obstacles. Heavy bias towards non-Irish exists and it's well entrenched in the employment sector. Studies show that even a non-white/Irish name is enough for the CV to go straight to the reject pile. So yes, white Irish have privilege, and that's just one aspect of society in which it exists and at different levels for different races & cultural groups. I honestly can't believe I even have to point this out.

Racism logic is your cup of tea, not mine. Sorry!

Racism logic? Seriously? So, you've decided that I'm somehow a racist? Based on what exactly?

Your posts are full of vague nonsense and posturing, spouting phrases and concepts you have the barest understanding of.

But since it's obvious that you haven't really read the thread. I live, for the most part, in Asia. I work with many nationalities and ethnic groups, and I've done volunteer work in Africa before. My objections to multiculturalism aren't even remotely based on race... But I know that's something you're incapable of comprehending because you're intent on projecting your rather intolerant worldview on to everyone else.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That doesn't answer my question. If anything it adds more flavour to it. In the US Asians were indeed discriminated against for nigh on two hundred years, with fewer rights than Whites, treated as indentured servants and coolies, then WW2 kicked off, portrayed as the Yellow peril, whitewashed in media, where even a stereotype like Charlie Chan was played by a White actor. Hell by the 1960's where blackface was already a dead duck in Hollywood you had Mickey Rooney playing an Asian character like this:
    24949_normal.jpg?1524464791
    We'll pass over John Wayne as Genghis Khan...

And yet again on average they outperform European Americans on nearly every metric and significantly outperform African Americans. They're paid better, have better educations, fewer single parent families, lower delinquency levels, lower drug use, fewer criminals in prison etc.

If it were just in America that would be one thing, but they show the exact same trends everywhere(as do Indians). So again why?
    `seriously wibbs, calm down and let me answer - again - because I already have you just aren't happy with my replies.
    I couldn't be calmer. And you haven't answered, if anything you've helpfully added to my question.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Says the person littering the current affairs forum with one word replies and smileys.

Your arguments hold no water.

I think you'll find my posting style is well balanced. Make a silly comment, get a silly retort. :pac:

I'm done. It's obvious he's trolling.

• Advertisement

That isn't true that East Asians have no hindrance to this and face no obstacles. Heavy bias towards non-Irish exists and it's well entrenched in the employment sector. Studies show that even a non-white/Irish name is enough for the CV to go straight to the reject pile. So yes, white Irish have privilege, and that's just one aspect of society in which it exists and at different levels for different races & cultural groups. I honestly can't believe I even have to point this out.

That’s absolute rubbish. There’s quotas to fill in a tonne of jobs in Ireland such as the public service. Even in the place I work in at least ONE THIRD of the workforce is not Irish. Seems a little disproportionate.

You’re absolutely wrong in every way.

I think you'll find my posting style is well balanced. Make a silly comment, get a silly retort. :pac:

:pac:

Added to the block list. I wish you well.

iebamm2580 wrote: »

Also if you look at that article, Black and Asian get capitalisation , white does not, so theyre bought in on the new ‘wokeness’ but still ran that story, brave

That doesn't answer my question. If anything it adds more flavour to it. In the US Asians were indeed discriminated against for nigh on two hundred years, with fewer rights than Whites, treated as indentured servants and coolies, then WW2 kicked off, portrayed as the Yellow peril, whitewashed in media, where even a stereotype like Charlie Chan was played by a White actor. Hell by the 1960's where blackface was already a dead duck in Hollywood you had Mickey Rooney playing an Asian character like this:
    24949_normal.jpg?1524464791
    We'll pass over John Wayne as Genghis Khan...

And yet again on average they outperform European Americans on nearly every metric and significantly outperform African Americans. They're paid better, have better educations, fewer single parent families, lower delinquency levels, lower drug use, fewer criminals in prison etc.

If it were just in America that would be one thing, but they show the exact same trends everywhere(as do Indians). So again why?

I couldn't be calmer. And you haven't answered, if anything you've helpfully added to my question.

Assuming all you've said is true, as you haven't linked to any supporting data.

Why what? Do you want me to somehow agree with you that out performance on education/other economic measures somehow means they never experience discrimination or racism ever? Why are you blatantly ignoring the racial group (blacks) that by far show the worst outcomes and often the heaviest consequences of racism and bias in favour of discussing the least impacted? What point are you actually trying to make here?

iebamm2580 wrote: »

He won’t reply to that.

Blinkers are on, only sees what he wants to see.

:pac:

Added to the block list. I wish you well.

Love it, thanks! Love when the trash takes itself out for a change. This isn't an airport, no need to announce your departure as if I or anyone cares, ha ha.

Also if you look at that article, Black and Asian get capitalisation , white does not, so theyre bought in on the new ‘wokeness’ but still ran that story, brave

And we can see what a roaring success university’s in America have become now they’re more “diverse”....

Berkley anyone?

Assuming all you've said is true, as you haven't linked to any supporting data.

Why what? Do you want me to somehow agree with you that out performance on education/other economic measures somehow means they never experience discrimination or racism ever? Why are you blatantly ignoring the racial group (blacks) that by far show the worst outcomes and often the heaviest consequences of racism and bias in favour of discussing the least impacted? What point are you actually trying to make here?

Despite historic discrimination the asians and the jews have managed to flourish in the US and across europe , the educational and economic outcomes are even above white people, but black people who were also discriminated against in the same timeframe have ended up bottom of the socioeconomic pile , why have all the other groups flourished and black people floundered.

• Advertisement

That’s absolute rubbish. There’s quotas to fill in a tonne of jobs in Ireland such as the public service. Even in the place I work in at least ONE THIRD of the workforce is not Irish. Seems a little disproportionate.

You’re absolutely wrong in every way.

Open jobs automatically = equal opportunity? Wow, some mental gymnastics. And little anecdotes of any one person's experience of their workplace ethnicity does not in any way negate the fact that bias exists elsewhere and even everywhere. Good god. :rolleyes:

Advertisement