Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭MFPM

It was repeating what the graffiti said. To be honest we all know why it said that after people flying antifa flags protested an anti paedophile protest. The optics of that could never have been worse.

But no reason for you to repeat.
    people flying antifa flags protested an anti paedophile protest. The optics of that could never have been worse.

Again there is NO antifa organisation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Despite historic discrimination the asians and the jews have managed to flourish in the US and across europe , the educational and economic outcomes are even above white people, but black people who were also discriminated against in the same timeframe have ended up bottom of the socioeconomic pile , why have all the other groups flourished and black people floundered.

This thread is one big circle jerk now so I'm hopping off, this grass outside won't cut itself before the rain comes.
    Will leave you with one simple answer to your question - systemic racism. A system that was built to enslave and oppress black people is still rippling from the after effects today. This topic is a huge chew and there is a lot of information out there to look into it. Good luck, thanks? for the chat lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

From the Wall Street Journal:
    Yale Discriminated by Race in Undergraduate Admissions

Federal officials give university two weeks to agree to adjust practices or face lawsuit after probe finds white, Asian-American applicants rejected based on race.

White and yellow privilege in action right here folks. The gall of them suing because of the preference of blacks by the university over whites and Asians. Don't whites and Asians know their place in society? Don't they know that they can't be discriminated against?
    All Lives Matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

MFPM wrote: »

Eh... did you not see the videos of them attacking an anti pedophile protest? I suggest you get googling.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    This thread is one big circle jerk now so I'm hopping off, this grass outside won't cut itself before the rain comes.
    Will leave you with one simple answer to your question - systemic racism. A system that was built to enslave and oppress black people is still rippling from the after effects today. This topic is a huge chew and there is a lot of information out there to look into it. Good luck, thanks? for the chat lads.

To;dr

I can’t answer any of your questions so I’m gonna very quickly and quietly run away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Ahh the classic

“White people bad, everyone else suffers”
    “Actually every single other race except blacks is doing grand , why”
    “Im off to do this other task and ill reappear when the conversation moves past that inconvenient point”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

This is just a cheap tactic at this stage. If Antifa are not an organisation then none of the supposedly evil groups they oppose are either. Even if I conceded that they are not an organisation, does it matter? People with their beliefs are constantly causing chaos in America, whether organised or not. Is the affect of a lone jihadist anyway minimized by the fact that they weren't getting their orders directly from ISIS? No, people still died because of said beliefs.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Assuming all you've said is true, as you haven't linked to any supporting data.
    I can do that for when you come back from cutting your grass.
    Why what? Do you want me to somehow agree with you that out performance on education/other economic measures somehow means they never experience discrimination or racism ever?
    You are so blinded by your doctrine you can't get your head around a simple question and have to reframe it back into the oppressed/oppressor narrative where of course it's more comfortable for you. The point is they have experienced discrimination and racism and for a long period of time and continue to do so, far more than the White populations where they find themselves, yet outperform other non White minorities and are a positive for their societies.
    Why are you blatantly ignoring the racial group (blacks) that by far show the worst outcomes and often the heaviest consequences of racism and bias in favour of discussing the least impacted? What point are you actually trying to make here?
    Actually I directly compared them to Blacks so I dunno how that's ignoring them, but again you have to bring it all the way back to your oppressed/oppressor narrative and the hierarchy of oppression within. Generally the darker the skin the higher the rating and all else is handily ignored. Of course a knottier problem comes up when it can be demonstrated two cultural groups who are the same "race" have different outcomes in the same White societies. That doesn't quite fit the simplistic credo. Indeed even in the US Black African immigrants have far higher levels of education and are higher up the socioeconomic totem pole than African Americans. Then again they're legal migrants with relevant skills, not trafficked illegals or passport hunters.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I find it odd that when a BLM/anti-white-privilege/Antifa type person is losing an argument, many resort to sexual innuendo before leaving the discussion. Is this projection or is there another reason why they do this? Very strange tactic, but as a last resort it does not help their point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @Stateofyou - you can get the same point across without the continuous condescension. If you can't figure out how to do so, I'll remove you from the thread.

• Advertisement

Eh... did you not see the videos of them attacking an anti pedophile protest? I suggest you get googling.

What's that got to do with 'antifa' being an organisation?

Kivaro wrote: »
    I find it odd that when a BLM/anti-white-privilege/Antifa type person is losing an argument, many resort to sexual innuendo before leaving the discussion. Is this projection or is there another reason why they do this? Very strange tactic, but as a last resort it does not help their point of view.

Sex is the only unit of value in a person they know. Which is sad and often has harmful outcomes for women around them, look at how many rapes happened in the chaz zone

TomTomTim wrote: »
    This is just a cheap tactic at this stage. If Antifa are not an organisation then none of the supposedly evil groups they oppose are either. Even if I conceded that they are not an organisation, does it matter? People with their beliefs are constantly causing chaos in America, whether organised or not. Is the affect of a lone jihadist anyway minimized by the fact that they weren't getting their orders directly from ISIS? No, people still died because of said beliefs.
    If Antifa are not an organisation then none of the supposedly evil groups they oppose are either.

That's absurd! Are you suggesting the KKK are not an organisation for example, they don't have a structure etc?
    Even if I conceded that they are not an organisation, does it matter?

What you opinion on the matter is utterly irrelevant, the FACT remains 'antifa' is a label it is NOT an organisation.
    People with their beliefs are constantly causing chaos in America, whether organised or not.

Peopel with lots of beliefs in the US cause chaos, what's your point?
    Is the affect of a lone jihadist anyway minimized by the fact that they weren't getting their orders directly from ISIS?

The effect may not be minimised but yes of course it matters that they may have had orders from ISIS, and of course ISIS has some organisational structure unlike 'antifa'.

I'm not going to devote any time to pretending there isn't an organised collection of goons out there that call themselves "Antifa".

It's like saying grass isn't green or the sea isn't blue.

If you're so hell bent on saying there's no Antifa, YOU prove it and stop derailing the thread and wasting everyone's time.

Antifa have :

A logo
    A dress code
    Flags and banners
    Facebook groups
    Attend organised events together
    Shared goals
    Websites run by self proclaimed ‘antifa’ peddling distorted news.

They might not have membership cards like the klan but if that doesnt meet any definition of an organisation then i dont know what does

I'm not going to devote any time to pretending there isn't an organised collection of goons out there that call themselves "Antifa".

If you're so hell bent on saying there's no Antifa, YOU prove it and stop derailing the thread and wasting everyone's time.

Instead you're going to devote more time to pretending that they do exist because that suits your agenda and of course you can posit no evidence what so ever to prove they are a group. Where is their HQ, who's their leader/spokesperson, how does one become a member..................

It's not so stop embarrassing yourself.
    and stop derailing the thread and wasting everyone's time.

I am not derailing anything, there were posts alleging antifa is an organisation and I'm pointing out it's not, that's informing a discussion, the whole point of a discussion board.

Antifa have :

A logo
    A dress code
    Flags and banners
    Facebook groups
    Attend organised events together
    Shared goals
    Websites run by self proclaimed ‘antifa’ peddling distorted news.

They might not have membership cards like the klan but if that doesnt meet any definition of an organisation then i dont know what does

Let's see them, come on post them here, show us the 'Antifa' website.

Instead you're going to devote more time to pretending that they do exist because that suits your agenda and of course you can posit no evidence what so ever to prove they are a group. Where is their HQ, who's their leader/spokesperson, how does one become a member..................

It's not so stop embarrassing yourself.

I am not derailing anything, there were posts alleging antifa is an organisation and I'm pointing out it's not, that's informing a discussion, the whole point of a discussion board.

Their leader was convicted paedophile pat corcoran and his house presumably was the HQ , many groups have tried to distance themselves from him but I suspect he’s still heavily involved.

Now that said theres heavy ties to communism and antifa so its acting in bad faith to ask us for a leader when the structure is that ‘everyone is equal’ which means you ask us to prove a hierarchy or power structure you know doesn’t exist in that group

Let's see them, come on post them here, show us the 'Antifa' website.

Indymedia....

Seems to be a lot of people exercised about people who are anti fascist....I didn't reaslie there were so many pro fa people about.

• Advertisement

Indymedia....

Try again...Indymedia Ireland hasn't operated for about ten years. Indy UK is not the website of an organisation that doesn't exist..

Seems to be a lot of people exercised about people who are anti fascist....I didn't reaslie there were so many pro fa people about.

Ahh the classic, if your not in complete support of antifa violence then you must be a fascist

Ahh the classic, if your not in complete support of antifa violence then you must be a fascist

You took that from my post, my, my you do have your issues.

The point of course is the amount of time spent by the likes of you attacking people who are anti fascist while seemingly giving a free pass to those who defend and propagate racist abuse and violence.

"Show me their website" - It's not 1997, they're a TERRORIST organisation, they use closed groups on facebook, twitter, whatsapp.

Literally do two minutes of research, join one of their many groups, hell buy their merch from their facebook shop if you want but don't try and tell me they don't exist.

"Show me their website" - It's not 1997, they're a TERRORIST organisation, they use closed groups on facebook, twitter, whatsapp.

Literally do two minutes of research, join one of their many groups, hell buy their merch from their facebook shop if you want but don't try and tell me they don't exist.

I think thats what theyre told to say, its a fight club type thing , pretend it doesnt exist and pretend like all around us is a group of true working class heroes ready to attack nazis at any moment and save the planet from non existent fascism, but everyone keeps quiet on it. The reality ofcourse is its a bunch of students and adults who still live like they're 16 who love any excuse to vent their frustrations with their own lives against private property and people they label as nazi’s for any reason.

I would bet any money that the very posters saying it doesnt exist are in secret whatsapp and facebook groups sharing twisted news stories about supposed nazis and organising what to protest next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭jackboy

The point of course is the amount of time spent by the likes of you attacking people who are anti fascist while seemingly giving a free pass to those who defend and propagate racist abuse and violence.

Antifa are not anti fascist, you are getting confused by their name. They very rarely confront real fascists and generally spend their time destroying stuff and attacking non fascists.

Such as?

The problem with all these people who are supposedly "anti-fascist" is that they're very similar to fascists themselves. They're typically extremely intolerant of other peoples opinions, and are very hostile to those who don't stand completely with them.

Now.. There is an Antifa thread already on boards. Perhaps run along there? Or stick to multiculturalism and migration issues, which this thread is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭J_M_G

To quote the late, great Jonathan Bowden; "There's nothing wrong with fascism, nothing wrong with fascism at all".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MimKSQYU3Y

'They' are not an 'organisation', it's a bloody label used to describe people FFS. Try to see beyond your agenda.

• Advertisement

jackboy wrote: »
    Antifa are not anti fascist, you are getting confused by their name. They very rarely confront real fascists and generally spend their time destroying stuff and attacking non fascists.

Who are 'they'?

Advertisement