Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭MFPM

Such as?

The problem with all these people who are supposedly "anti-fascist" is that they're very similar to fascists themselves. They're typically extremely intolerant of other peoples opinions, and are very hostile to those who don't stand completely with them.

Now.. There is an Antifa thread already on boards. Perhaps run along there? Or stick to multiculturalism and migration issues, which this thread is about.
    The problem with all these people who are supposedly "anti-fascist" is that they're very similar to fascists themselves. They're typically extremely intolerant of other peoples opinions, and are very hostile to those who don't stand completely with them.

So 'they' are a homogeneous grouping, all 'antifa' are the same? You don't see the problem with any of this nonsense?
    Now.. There is an Antifa thread already on boards. Perhaps run along there? Or stick to multiculturalism and migration issues, which this thread is about.
    [/QUOTE]

Unless you're a mod, keep quiet. I'm posting here in response to posters making absurd claims about an organisation that doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Except... I've made no such distinction between asylum seekers and migrants.

Maybe you should change your password as somebody seems to be posting on your account.

There is a major difference between all other migration and asylum seekers.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    And yet struggle to cogently explain these nebulous values?

Seems like I was correct.

And again for the cheap seats:
    Actual asylum seekers are tiny in number. Illegal and quasi legal economic migrants are higher in number by quite the degree. Scale makes a big difference. It's a lot easier to accommodate and assimilate (on both sides) 2000 people compared to 20, or 40000. Benefit.
    People who are genuinely in danger are helped. Benefit.
    The host nation gets a feel good factor. Benefit.
    Actual asylum seekers are more likely to be people who would have stayed in their homeland if it hadn't gone to hell and more likely to be more qualified. Benefit.

Just in case sums aren't a strong point either, that's four benefits compared to illegal and legal loophole migrants we dealt with before the law was changed. I'll even add more:
    Actual asylum seekers are more likely to be welcomed by a host nation compared to illegal migrants. Benefit.
    Actual asylum seekers are less likely to window shop for an upgrade in nations than illegal migrants(QV the Viet Boat people who chose to come here when the place was one of the poorest in Europe). Benefit.
    Actual asylum seekers are less likely to be involved in criminality and even modern terrorism compared to illegal migrants. Benefit.
    Actual asylum seekers are less likely to be in need of social welfare safety nets over time compared to illegal migrants. Benefit.
    Actual asylum seekers are more likely to be in the tax net and other civil frameworks than illegal migrants. Benefit.

Set against cheap labour, exoticism of food and customs, few "connections" between nations beyond remittances and vague references to different "values" that seem resistant to any sort of definition. There really doesn't seem to be a lot of arrows in the multiculturalist's quivers, as we've seen throughout this thread and others.

For someone who posts in such a condescending fashion, you really should take time to consider your answers more. What you've done there is post a big list of why asylum seekers are comparatively better than other immigrants but not how they benefit the host nation other than "feel good factor".

Kivaro wrote: »
    Ah, the auld white Irish privilege blame again. We should all hang our heads in shame for being born in our "safe"(?) white country.

I'll tell you the actual privilege that many Irish have; it's the privilege of getting up early in the morning and and go to work in order to pay for the substantial numbers of non-EU economic migrants arriving at Dublin airport to avail of the our generous social welfare and free-housing-for-life system.

I usually find that those who want to welcome with open arms those who want to migrate to Ireland from outside of the EU are either:
    1. Involved in the very lucrative asylum/migrant industry.
    2. Do not contribute to the exchequer in a meaningful manner in order to help pay for their utopian open border concept of accepting all who want to come.

What's the euro figure on that? How much does an Irish worker contribute to the lucrative asylum/migration industry out of their pay cheques on an annual basis?

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    The black girl i went to college with in cork who now works in the same industry didn't have any problems getting a job because she actually wanted a job and went and studied like i did.

This is fantastic. Racism in Ireland doesn't exist because you went to college with a black girl who got a job. Sure what more evidence is needed? Take that Liberals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Maybe you should change your password as somebody seems to be posting on your account.

For someone who posts in such a condescending fashion, you really should take time to consider your answers more. What you've done there is post a big list of why asylum seekers are comparatively better than other immigrants but not how they benefit the host nation other than "feel good factor".

What's the euro figure on that? How much does an Irish worker contribute to the lucrative asylum/migration industry out of their pay cheques on an annual basis?

This is fantastic. Racism in Ireland doesn't exist because you went to college with a black girl who got a job. Sure what more evidence is needed? Take that Liberals!

Exactly proves my point that if you work hard you can get a job, skin colour is not a determining factor, glad we agree. Unless you can post facts that a person did not get a job because of skin colour, cso figures dont count as they merely say who is unemployed not why. BTW where did i say racism doesn't exist- please show me as some of ye woke people love putting words in peoples mouths to create the outrage in them crazy minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭jackboy

MFPM wrote: »
    Who are 'they'?

The people who you described as ‘anti fascist’.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why is this thread on multiculturalism suddenly about the antifa domestic terrorists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

biko wrote: »
    Why is this thread on multiculturalism suddenly about the antifa domestic terrorists?

Because some lad has derailed the thread with absolute nonsense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Pretty much. As I said earlier: Mostly the feel good factor, with a higher chance(when compared to illegal/quasi legal economic migrants) of extra skillsets that you would have with legal migration. So no, all things being equal they're not of great benefit overall, but are of more benefit and less risk of the usual multicultural nonsense than illegal economic migrants.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

if you can rock up on these shores, with a watertight qualification to enable you to work in an industry that is needing people here. You are welcome. Come, enjoy, live, be happy, contribute your own share, pay your taxes and then yes the state will assist if you come upon difficult times.

Can’t work, don’t want to work, don’t speak the lingo, no way to support yourself ? This state should not be at an obligation to help you, sorry. People who have lived here, PAY taxes... CONTRIBUTE to the running of the country. WE pay for hospitals, Gardai, roads, public service, the running of the country and state. NOT through a magic money pot, though TAX which has to be worked for and earned, we should be the primary beneficiary...

Last year the final cost of providing direct provision accommodation for asylum seekers was €60m over budget – almost double the original allocation set for 2019. That’s JUST accommodating them.

Huge fûck off increases in costs was driven by a 53% jump in asylum applications and the additional cost of providing emergency accommodation, with direct provision centres full.

Why 53% increase? Why wouldn’t there be, arrive, be accommodated, be fed, get medical treatment, get weekly cash handouts, eventually get a house...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Strumms wrote: »
    if you can rock up on these shores, with a watertight qualification to enable you to work in an industry that is needing people here. You are welcome. Come, enjoy, live, be happy, contribute your own share, pay your taxes and then yes the state will assist if you come upon difficult times.

And realistically, plainly speaking how many jobs are there in an industry that cannot get sufficient staff within the already massive european single market.

You have to be looking at tiny numbers, and that is before:

1 Covid 19
    2 Automation and AI

And realistically, plainly speaking how many jobs are there in an industry that cannot get sufficient staff within the already massive european single market.

You have to be looking at tiny numbers, and that is before:

1 Covid 19
    2 Automation and AI

Not too many right now...

So we have to be realistic. That for many that arrive here, it’s not ‘asylum’ which is being sought, they are seeking to have the Irish taxpayer enable a ‘better’ standard of living, via free cash, free accommodation, free healthcare, all paid for by everyone from the Irish kids starting out at say 17 working a part time job, a man in his 50’s, young family, a young son with medical needs who simply cannot gain access to treatments because, there pot of money isn’t there to pay for it, but it’s there to feed, house, and ‘treat’ a person or family who arrive, fresh off a plane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Strumms wrote: »
    Not too many right now...

So we have to be realistic. That for many that arrive here, it’s not ‘asylum’ which is being sought, they are seeking to have the Irish taxpayer enable a ‘better’ standard of living, via free cash, free accommodation, free healthcare, all paid for by everyone from the Irish kids starting out at say 17 working a part time job, a man in his 50’s, young family, a young son with medical needs who simply cannot gain access to treatments because, there pot of money isn’t there to pay for it, but it’s there to feed, house, and ‘treat’ a person or family who arrive, fresh off a plane.

That is being straight and honest with people. You won't get that from any of the politicians. Or the redundant media.

MFPM wrote: »
    So 'they' are a homogeneous grouping, all 'antifa' are the same? You don't see the problem with any of this nonsense?

Sure... I do see the problem. The problem being that this is a different topic and completely unrelated to antifa. If I had wanted to read or write about Antifa, I'd be on that thread.

I get tired of people wanting to derail threads, when there's already a very strong thread available for them to rant over.
    Unless you're a mod, keep quiet. I'm posting here in response to posters making absurd claims about an organisation that doesn't exist.

Ok. I'll notify a mod and see if they can reason with you.

You're as subtle as a brick and incapable of understanding nuance. Which is why you take things out of context...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,627 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Just point me to 1system i benefit from in IRELAND by being white. That will suffice.

You probably haven't to experience this.

https://twitter.com/adejokxe/status/1293609704434925574

That is being straight and honest with people. You won't get that from any of the politicians. Or the redundant media.

You just have to be. For too long now we have had the extreme left throw the racism allegation to anybody who dared question the numbers in terms of what it’s costing the taxpayer or the suitability of the government policy.

Being concerned, in your own country, about the lives and entitlements and overall fairness and quality of life for the IRISH person first and foremost makes you racist. No, it makes us self entitled. Why ? Because We Are Irish, I have apart from a small sojourn abroad in France payed my taxes and contributed to every and all entitlement that should be available to everyone who has or does contribute.

You can’t turn up at Brown Thomas and say... “actually I’m just taking this Armani jacket and this Gucci suit, can’t afford it but cheers...” so why do people rock up here, jump hospital q’s, housing/accommodation.... “can’t afford it, but cheers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Click the video which leads to her profile.
    Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

What in gods name has that got to do with me benefiting from a system in Ireland because of my pale face. That video is abhorrent like the video of the kerry lad abusing the black taxi driver, i despise racism so dont try paint me as some type just because i dont agree with your viewpoints on certain matters.

See, just a distraction, nothing to do with the discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Ultima Thule

Click the video which leads to her profile.
    Lol

Hopefully they find the guy in the video. She has tweeted some guys profile details incl his work place accusing him. It may not be him as some features look different to the guy on the video. If it is false accusation, that is as bad as the abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,612 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I saw that video when it was featured on live line the other day

Yes very unpleasant comments. But I wonder if this man has some underlying issues

Also - it’s a bit strange she is promoting her music in the same thread - some would suspect its a set up of some sort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It’s a pretty horrendous video, no excuses for that but Ireland = racist because of one fella is a serous leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭briany

I have walked down many Irish streets in broad daylight where you had people of different colours on them. Not once have I seen a white Irish person, apropos of nothing, start shouting the N-word at a black person. Therefore, I would say one lad does make a racist country. Additionally, we see another lad apparently sticking up for the girl. Going by her apparent sample size, you could use this second person as proof that Ireland is not a racist country.

The fact that she started promoting her music and instagram right after this suggests to me, also, that she wasn't sitting at home after this incident going, "Oh my god, I can't believe this. Never before have I felt so unwelcome in my home country.:(", so much as she was going, "That's grand, now. Lots of likes for me.".

There’s another one doing the rounds today

Asian woman “lecturing” a group of teenagers about racism then one of them seems to push her into the royal canal

The video is fairly short so it’s hard to know the full context of what actually happened

briany wrote: »
    I have walked down many Irish streets in broad daylight where you had people of different colours on them. Not once have I seen a white Irish person, apropos of nothing, start shouting the N-word at a black person. Therefore, I would say one lad does make a racist country. Additionally, we see another lad apparently sticking up for the girl. Going by her apparent sample size, you could use this second person as proof that Ireland is not a racist country.

The fact that she started promoting her music and instagram right after this suggests to me, also, that she wasn't sitting at home after this incident going, "Oh my god, I can't believe this. Never before have I felt so unwelcome in my home country.:(", so much as she was going, "That's grand, now. Lots of likes for me.".

Yep it’s really jarring how she has requests for ppl to listen to her music and buy stuff from her, right after posting the video. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 14,213 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

There’s another one doing the rounds today

Asian woman “lecturing” a group of teenagers about racism then one of them seems to push her into the royal canal

The video is fairly short so it’s hard to know the full context of what actually happened

Little scumbags pushed her into a canal. They should be flogged in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭briany

Finally something secular people and devout Muslims can agree on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

https://twitter.com/unakavanagh/status/1294579761654706176?s=20

Lecturing a group of teens.

Was always going to go one way. No matter if the woman was Chinese, African or Irish.
    If she was a he then he might have been beaten up.

Bunch of little c**ts

She shouldn’t be giving lectures to them on the side of the canal - not excusing their behaviour but come on like

• Registered Users Posts: 14,213 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

She shouldn’t be giving lectures to them on the side of the canal - not excusing their behaviour but come on like

She should. Irish kids get away with murder because we are afraid of them. Fair play to her.

• Advertisement

She should. Irish kids get away with murder because we are afraid of them. Fair play to her.

Giving a lecture At the side of a canal though?

Not the cleverest idea - race doesn’t come into it

Advertisement