Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

A sense of abandonment almost but he said to me there could well be reluctance in guarda management to effectively deal with what has become an inconveniet embarrassing problem.

I'd say that the Gardai are holding back because they've got no political support. Think of the last few years, and the number of complaints made about police brutality, corruption, etc. It seems like every time I return to Ireland, the Gardai are in the media again for some kind of misconduct, although, often when I look into the matter, I don't generally see what the fuss is about.

The point is that people expect the Gardai to step in, but then, the Gardai get lambasted for doing anything even remotely unacceptable to whatever group. I've seen very little community support for the Gardai, in my own area, although I think they've done a stellar job dealing with the local Traveller issues.

I find that there's a lot of people expecting the Gardai to step up, but are remarkably quiet when it comes to defending the Gardai for stepping up. Basically, the Gardai need the support of both the community and the politicians, but they're not going to get it. Added to this, the whole BLM crap has generated a lot of people criticizing the Gardai for everything under the sun, so, it's natural that they would hesitate about jumping into a racial quagmire.

Honestly, I doubt that the Gardai will do much without vocal support from politicians. So, people should be bitching to the politicians about making very public statements of support for the Gardai, encouraging them to treat migrants and others equally for breaking the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

A sense of abandonment almost but he said to me there could well be reluctance in guarda management to effectively deal with what has become an inconveniet embarrassing problem.
    Abandonment is what's happening to many communities around Ireland after the Government moved large numbers of Africans into these areas. I don't know if the authorities originally believed that by giving them generous welfare payments, free housing, and numerous "entitlements" (which is the envy to most countries in the world), that there would be a different outcome to what has occurred in other African enclaves all around Europe.

Is the abandonment of Irish communities, whose residents have to fend for themselves or flee the homes that they've had possibly for generations, worth the virtue of changing the colour of Irish citizens? If the gangs and criminality and welfare cost of these new citizens is the net result of this multiculturalism experiment, then it has failed dramatically ..... like it has failed in every single country where it was forced upon its residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

the whole BLM crap has generated a lot of people criticizing the Gardai for everything under the sun, so, it's natural that they would hesitate about jumping into a racial quagmire.

There was an article during the BLM nonsense, I think it was in the Irish Times, that was actually disgusting. It essentially said just because there's no proof that the Gardai are racist, it doesn't meant that they aren't. As usual with these zealots, they wanted to make people guilty without evidence. These people are seriously dragging us back to the dark ages under the guise of progress ironically.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 13,122 ✭✭✭✭flazio

What I'd like to know is. If the nationalists win out, if Ireland stopped being an attractive immigration target. What would life in Ireland really be like for those of us left here? Would travellers take up the low skill/pay jobs in order to justify their existence? Would the points requirement and pass rates in medicine study have to be lowered or nurses given more responsibilities because all the Pakistani doctors would have left and need to be replaced?
    What seriously would a White Irish only society look like? "The Rare Auld Times"? I highly doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭Cordell

That's a pretty grim and more importantly inaccurate view most of the issues discussed here. No one want to send the Pakistani doctors home just because they are not white, the discussion is around having people here that don't respect the western values and don't integrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

flazio wrote: »
    What I'd like to know is. If the nationalists win out, if Ireland stopped being an attractive immigration target. What would life in Ireland really be like for those of us left here? Would travellers take up the low skill/pay jobs in order to justify their existence? Would the points requirement and pass rates in medicine study have to be lowered or nurses given more responsibilities because all the Pakistani doctors would have left and need to be replaced?
    What seriously would a White Irish only society look like? "The Rare Auld Times"? I highly doubt it.

Being nationalist has nothing to do with impractical and unreasonable notions of white only society. People just want to make reduce the numbers of new people a bit, not force anyone out.

What I'd like to know is. If the nationalists win out, if Ireland stopped being an attractive immigration target.

That's assuming that Ireland would stop being attractive as a destination. It's still one of the easiest ways to gain entry into Europe.
    What would life in Ireland really be like for those of us left here?

Probably the same, just with a much higher tax burden, and lesser quality services.
    Would travellers take up the low skill/pay jobs in order to justify their existence?

Unlikely, because they don't need to justify their existence. They're a protected ethnic minority.
    Would the points requirement and pass rates in medicine study have to be lowered or nurses given more responsibilities because all the Pakistani doctors would have left and need to be replaced?

I don't see the connection. Plenty of Irish people currently study/graduate from medicine programs recognized around the world.

Again with the extremes. Very very few people are advocating for such a thing, and they're easily pushed into the background as far right, because that's essentially what they are. Nutjobs with romantic delusions of a world that cannot exist.

Every nation has some migration. Even North Korea has foreigners living within its borders. People really need to get a grip, and stop jumping to extremes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Cordell wrote: »
    That's a pretty grim and more importantly inaccurate view most of the issues discussed here. No one want to send the Pakistani doctors home just because they are not white, the discussion is around having people here that don't respect the western values and don't integrate.

its a standard pattern

right : get rid of the illegal immigrants and close the borders to unskilled migrants
    left : you just don't like brown people
    right : there are white migrants who detract too
    left : look he wants to get rid of all the doctors and nurses
    right : no, just the ones who detract
    left : but what about the food
    right : but what about the rape gangs
    left : its just racism

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Look, I admire the left's enthusiasm as much as the next guy, but we don't really have time for them to grow up and come around.
    The harm they cause now will be harder to undo 20 years down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Migrants can be deported following their crimes.
    French interior minister vows to deport family of Muslim girl, 17, who 'beat her and shaved her head for dating a Christian' because 'they have no reason to be on our soil'
    17-year-old Bosnian Muslim girl was beaten and had her head shaved in France
    Her parents, aunt and uncle allegedly attacked her for dating a Christian man
    Gerald Darmanin, French interior minister, has vowed to deport the girl's family
    'They will be taken back... because they have no reason to be on our soil,' he said

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8658883/France-vows-deport-family-Muslim-girl-beaten-dating-Christian.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It will never happen, unfortunately. Those animals, and that doing a disservice to animals, should be fücked out .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It's never about taking personal responsibility whether you are 32, 22 or 10. It's always someone else didn't provide me with enough sports grounds or some outside bogeyman influences me.

We're sick and tired of listening to excuses and dictates. Life is a struggle, we're all out of sympathy, we've done more than enough, and have other issues to deal with.

I'm would have loved to have access to sports facilities, one's I'm interested in, when I was a teenager.

The number of sports facilitates I had access to, one's that I was interested in, was exactly ZERO.

But I never thought to go moaning about it or going into criminality, because I know it had something to do with where I was born, who I was born to, the social demographic I come from, the wealth of my parents etc. Life circumstances, just life actually.

When the London Knife crime epidemic was at it's height before the lockdown, politicians were excusing this behaviour for lack of 'youth clubs'. Give me strength. Youngsters are murdering people because there were no youth clubs available to them. I've heard it all now.

Biased politicians/pundits are causing all this nonsense. I actually don't blame the criminals, or the foreigners, it's biased political's that are getting everyone's backs up, thus the likelihood we might all get together to try and sort out these problems if virtually nil as it stands.

Saying people are 'advantaged' and that's why they are not complete scumbags is a sure fire way no problems can ever be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

When they actually start deporting them back to their Country of origin I'll give them credit. So far the French's solution is to dump them on other EU countries [most notably Britain]

Someone's been drinking the Fake News aid. There is nothing wrong [or racist since you're too cowardly to say it] about merit based immigration. We should only be taking highly skilled and highly educated immigrants. Not ones that are going to drain our resources and then behave badly badly [like what's happening in Balbriggan]

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Well if that's the case, how come you don't see , Asian , polish or other eastern European, Chinese teenagers running amok all over Dublin , it's just blacks doing it . Can you answer me that?

What makes you think people Eastern European backgrounds aren't involved in gangs? Do you just assume all white teenagers are Irish? There's a major Eastern European gang involved in heroin and people trafficking in the country. They were behind an acid attack on a Garda two years ago. Do they get a pass from you because they are not one of "the blacks"?

Bobblehats wrote: »
    I remember there were no Irish gangs

No you don't.

1 sheep2 wrote: »
    I'm not necessarily endorsing whatever the person you were responding to was saying, but I think videos such as those you mention do reflect on Irish society. When I hear that Irish people are causing trouble in Australia, I don't dismiss it by saying the majority of Irish don't behave that way.

So when you see a video of a drunk Irish person in Australia you think that is representative of Irish people in general?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What makes you think people Eastern European backgrounds aren't involved in gangs? Do you just assume all white teenagers are Irish? There's a major Eastern European gang involved in heroin and people trafficking in the country. They were behind an acid attack on a Garda two years ago. Do they get a pass from you because they are not one of "the blacks"?
    Nope and they should be hammered by the full weight of the law and if possible sent back to Poland. Though being in the EU that might be difficult, as would be any restrictions on them entering. Not an issue with non EU residents and we're thankfully and finally doing so by refusing the vast majority from a few nations. Not all Black either in case you were hoping...
    So when you see a video of a drunk Irish person in Australia you think that is representative of Irish people in general?
    No, but it has come to be representative of young Irish people on extended holidays in Australia where they have quite the bad reputation. This nuance bit seems to escape you at times. An Aussie renting out a house for the summer is going to have a very different view of a group of 10 Irish people in their early twenties as tenants compared to a Irish family of 5. "Prejudiced"? Yep, but generally a wiser approach.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Wibbs wrote: »
    Nope and they should be hammered by the full weight of the law and if possible sent back to Poland. Though being in the EU that might be difficult, as would be any restrictions on them entering. Not an issue with non EU residents and we're thankfully and finally doing so by refusing the vast majority from a few nations. Not all Black either in case you were hoping...

That really only shows how little you understand EU law.

Wibbs wrote: »
    No, but it has come to be representative of young Irish people on extended holidays in Australia where they have quite the bad reputation. This nuance bit seems to escape you at times. An Aussie renting out a house for the summer is going to have a very different view of a group of 10 Irish people in their early twenties as tenants compared to a Irish family of 5. "Prejudiced"? Yep, but generally a wiser approach.

So you don't have a problem with that kind of wide brush stroke?

That really only shows how little you understand EU law.

You can't just say someone is ignorant of EU law without explaining your reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Someone's been drinking the Fake News aid. There is nothing wrong [or racist since you're too cowardly to say it] about merit based immigration. We should only be taking highly skilled and highly educated immigrants. Not ones that are going to drain our resources and then behave badly badly [like what's happening in Balbriggan]

If I lived in Balbriggan and was in a position to do so I would sell up in the near future. Property prices are going to plunge in the next couple of years.
    The future is ghetto thanks to government policy. Not an issue in Dublin 4? Well! colour me shocked.

• Advertisement

quintana76 wrote: »
    If I lived in Balbriggan and was in a position to do so I would sell up in the near future. Property prices are going to plunge in the next couple of years.
    The future is ghetto thanks to government policy. Not an issue in Dublin 4? Well! colour me shocked.

Yeah, Dublin's going to look like a war zone in a few year especially as more ethno states are created as more and more Irish flee these areas due to rising crime and violence. Ofcourse the rich areas will never get them. When one of the new Nationalist parties put up a banner in Varadkar's community claiming a direct provision centre was opening there you bet the majority of the outraged were at one point yelling "Let them In.", "Refugees Welcome" and all those other virtue signalling slogans.

We just saw it the other NBA players the other day. They were all set to shut down the season. Until they realized they would be cut 30% of their pay. They're all full of moral outrage. Until its their turn to sacrifice.

Because they aren't. There are easter european criminal groups that came here alright, but that's not the same, they are doing their thing and they are as vicious as they come, but their kids are not running wild cutting people up and neither do they.

Cordell wrote: »
    Because they aren't. There are eastern european criminal groups that came here alright, but that's not the same, they are doing their thing and they are as vicious as they come, but their kids are not running wild cutting people up and neither do they.

eastern and central europeans have awesome work ethnics but there is significant lagging in educational attainment in the kids of eastern european families. Where or not there are teenage gangs of their kids causing havoc, attacking armed guards who knows. There is a lot that is not covered by the media.

eastern and central europeans have awesome work ethnics but there is significant lagging in educational attainment in the kids of eastern european families. Where or not there are teenage gangs of their kids causing havoc, attacking armed guards who knows. There is a lot that is not covered by the media.

Merely using the phrase Eastern European is too vague. There are massive differences in cultural behavior, and the perception towards criminal acts depending on the nationality involved. France and other countries suffered from criminal gangs and youth violence due to migrants from various Balkan nations. Whereas, there's little sign of similar from other nations, such as Poland, or Latvia.

As for lagging of education, many countries in Eastern Europe, such as Finland, have excellent educational systems, as does Poland, especially now that they've been receiving attention from the EU for a few years. Most Finnish people, I know (I've been there about 7 times) speak multiple languages, including English, along with excellent degrees.

There are, however, major differences between northern and southern nations. You see the same with mainland Europe, like in the differences between Italy/Spain/Greece, vs Norway/Germany/Ireland. Differences in corruption (political/institutional/etc), and the perception towards common crime....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

Agree, The Polish here are in general awesome, great to work with, great to socialise with and when there is a threshold number of big Polish men locally, our local scumbags seem to disappear

Agree, The Polish here are in general awesome, great to work with, great to socialise with and when there is a threshold number of big Polish men locally, our local scumbags seem to disappear

I used to joke with my Mom that we have more Polish friends here than Irish [from Church and the Karate clubs] that I used to say that we might as well have just moved to Poland instead of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1302500111470166016?s=19

All on multiculturalism night. You couldn't make it up.

Why do you assume they were culturally diverse? And even if they were, it's not their fault, colonialism something something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Scroll down through "London 999" on Twitter. Incident posts from around the UK. The place is a warzone. Every single day there are dozens and dozens of stabbings, acid attacks, shootings and general mayhem and violence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,517 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Mr. Karate wrote: »

Amazing. Twist the posters comment, strawman the hell out of it, call him a coward and get loads of “thanks”. Then follow it up with Dublin will look like a war zone a few year blah blah blah. A disgusting thread populated by racist right wing loons.

Advertisement