Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiggle/ CRC

Options
  • 17-06-2020 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Bit of a shot-in-the-dark, but wondering if anyone has experience of Wiggle/ CRC replacing out of stock bikes? As in a bike I want to get is out of stock in my size, but no indication that its a discontinued model (Vitus Energie CR cyclocross).

I've selected 'email me when back in stock' and emailed them directly to query, but unsurprisingly got usual vague 'can't confirm but unless discontinued, will be restocked in due course' response. Understandable, and I'm not complaining, but not hugely helpful.

So I'm wondering if anyone has experience of roughly how long you can expect to wait on average for Wiggle/ CRC to restock? I would have though with Vitus being their own brand that it should be quicker than if they were reliant on third party independent companies to deliver to them?

Just want a rough idea of whether I should sit tight and wait a few more weeks, or if this is something that could drag on for a couple of months. In which case I'd just look at a different bike.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Steve SilverMint

Paddigol wrote: »
    Hey,

Bit of a shot-in-the-dark, but wondering if anyone has experience of Wiggle/ CRC replacing out of stock bikes? As in a bike I want to get is out of stock in my size, but no indication that its a discontinued model (Vitus Energie CR cyclocross).

I've selected 'email me when back in stock' and emailed them directly to query, but unsurprisingly got usual vague 'can't confirm but unless discontinued, will be restocked in due course' response. Understandable, and I'm not complaining, but not hugely helpful.

So I'm wondering if anyone has experience of roughly how long you can expect to wait on average for Wiggle/ CRC to restock? I would have though with Vitus being their own brand that it should be quicker than if they were reliant on third party independent companies to deliver to them?

Just want a rough idea of whether I should sit tight and wait a few more weeks, or if this is something that could drag on for a couple of months. In which case I'd just look at a different bike.

Cheers!

Hard to answer now with everything that’s happened with coronavirus. Stock might come back in quickly normally but bike manufacturers may not yet have factories operating.

That said Vitus is CRC’s own brand so would expect they should be able to give you some idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭cletus

As said above. Things are hugely up in the air. I tried to buy a saddle from a shop in Dublin, it's their own brand, and the best they can tell me is it will be in stock done time in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Cheers, yeah as I said it's understandable and I'm not complaining as there's little they can do I'd imagine. Torn between (1) waiting (and waiting, and waiting...) only for the season to be upon me and pass and end up regretting not biting the bullet and buying my 2nd choice, and (2) buying 2nd choice now and seeing the Vitus back in stock in a couple of weeks.

Either way I'm guaranteed to make the wrong call!!

I don't know about CRC, but I have looked at several places for an e-bike for a relative and been told that they are unlikely to get stock back in until September/October.

oddly enough, I was told the same when I tried to buy a canon printer the other day as well.

Advertisement