Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords in Portlaoise-will it reopen?

Options
  • 17-06-2020 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

I wanted to pick up some random bits for my bike and although the parts in question are readily available in Halford's Dublin stores none of the more regional stores appear to be open, including Portlaoise. What's the story I wonder? I know people complain about their pricing on some goods but I found them useful over the years and would miss the store if it didn't reopen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Curious to this myself bought a Bike April 2019 with 3 year service plan, Sent a few Messages to their Customer service but no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Drove past it yesterday and still closed. I'm a little cynical at this stage, but it does make me wonder if they are gaming the whole Covid payment system or whether they plan on reopening at all. Thier communication with their Irish customers is poor. Strange really I would have thought there was a lot of pent up demand for bikes, motoring and camping accessories etc. Every other business is open at this stage and hoping to trade out of this mess. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jecca1

Anyone know if they have reopened yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

No their shop is still Closed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I got call from them this morning about an item I had reserved online more than 4 months ago! Apparently they are reopening on Friday, good news for their staff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement