Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seeking QLTT guidance

• 17-06-2020 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Good day everyone, so long story short how do you possibly prepare for this exam? *Speaking as someone who cannot attend a study session in Dublin due to living in the states/cannot afford the expensive ones*
    Right now I have a few papers from law hero and they seem helpful, but overall it seems that there is very little information out there. No sample answers for any questions, and solicitors accounts information may as well be under lock and key. (Looking at the questions though it seems like unless I am missing something a very basic 'money goes in' and 'money goes out' listing kind of thing)
    Even as far as the test itself goes, do they supply the sources you are allowed to take in? Am I expected to print them out in advance? What about a calculator? As far as scoring the exams is it better to write 'enough' as in if a question can be adequately answered in 300-500 words is that how long the answer should be or is it better to write an epic novel that ends up answering the question and also 'shows off' your general knowledge of the subject? For things like citations is 'the criminal justice act 2007' sufficient or is it important to also remember the section? Speaking of, how important is it to remember the act itself rather than the relevant law (such as bail may be withheld due to participation in an organized crime syndicate)

Really any information or guidance is welcome, I know I have 4 months to adequately prepare which is why I am asking so early. (Plus I kind of have to pass it in one swing because I am unable to keep my job as a result of needing the time off to take the exam) Even how long it takes to get scored/sworn in after would be appreciated so I can try to plan to make the best of my time there after the exams.

Thank you,
    Matt Shuck
    if you don't feel comfortable replying feel free to reach me at shuckm @ tcd.ie (and yes I am well aware of the oddity of asking this question with a tcd email address)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Luke3564

Hi Matt,

Are you still looking for a QLTT guidance?

I successfully completed the QLTT myself with high marks and I would be able to help you.

Let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mshuck89

Good day, I am. I have received a few emails and bought a few papers but I'm sure more information cannot possibly be harmful.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clarisssa

help with material or study session? i am taking solicitors accounts and need help!

Advertisement