Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starsan replacement

Options
  • 17-06-2020 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Hi all, it it possible to make a home made non rince sanitiser ?

I've a bottling coming and only have VWP at home

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Add 30ml of thin bleach and 30ml of vinegar to 20L of water (never mix bleach and vinegar directly). It's fully scaleable if you need more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

BeerNut wrote: »
    Add 30ml of thin bleach and 30ml of vinegar to 20L of water (never mix bleach and vinegar directly). It's fully scaleable if you need more or less.

Factor in that this recipe relies on 5% bleach. If you're using something like Milton, then calculate based on Milton being only 2% bleach.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Slates

All good. Got a bottle of Starsan on the way.
    Many thanks for the replys

Slates wrote: »
    All good. Got a bottle of Starsan on the way.
    Many thanks for the replys

Where u getting it? Most places seem sold out online.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Where u getting it? Most places seem sold out online.

It came back recently but I think everyone panic bought as soon as it landed.

• Advertisement

It came back recently but I think everyone panic bought as soon as it landed.

The places I'm looking at it are still out of stock. Care to share your source?

I had just seen GEB restocking it (haven’t bought any) recently and assuring people not to lose the run of themselves as it was going to be constantly available from now on. But whether it be flour, bog roll, star san, you know the mentality of Irish people and shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Slates

The home brew company

Slates wrote: »
    The home brew company

I don't see any there. Is Chemsan the exact same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I don't see any there. Is Chemsan the exact same?

I think so, that's what I've been using

• Advertisement
Advertisement