Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed ..... Argh!

• 17-06-2020 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Hi All, looking for some advice...
    I’m right smack bang in the middle of my 40’s so hoping for some helpful tips from ye all :D
    Probably a long read, sorry....
    I’ve never had problem skin, not even in my teens - no acne or major breakouts etc. But lately I just can’t get my foundation to ‘sink in’.... it’s just always wet! :(
    I’ve tried different moisturisers etc - some just wont sink and stay tacky on my face, others dry in lovely and it feels great - but the foundation just will not dry on me! I’ve tried putting on different bases/primers after my morning shower and leaving them to settle for up to 30 minutes at times... I’ve also tried a few brands of foundation and using less of each but I seem to be getting nowhere.
    I do use a powder on top to set it (always did) but it just looks so SH1TE nowadays... argh! My fave Nyx Dewy Setting Spray isn’t even doing the job now :(
    I know I’m getting older ... but I miss my makeup looking well! I LOVE doing different eyeshadow looks but I’m so put off right now I can’t be bothered! :/
    Peed off.... any suggestions ladies??? x

To add.... Majorly expensive products are out of my budget right now ... :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I'm not sure I can be much help as I'm probably 10 years younger and havent seen that problem before, but I'd have questions about your skincare routine and also what foundations you've tried and what you're using to apply them.

Do you use moisturiser only? I personally use a serum and and spf but I find most moisturisers too heavy to be worn under make up unless my skin is unusually dehydrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

Sounds like you need to sort out your skincare routine before putting primers moisturizer foundation etc on.. I would go onto the ordinary skincare range and choose some items based on your skin type and what you need!
    I had a similar issue with oily skin and no matter what I used the foundation just sat on top of my skin! Changed my skincare routine and stuck to it and it's fine now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Have you tried tinted moisturisers or bb/cc creams ?
    You can find one for your skin type, and the choice of shades is good nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I have this problem too, I havnt found a solution yet but a good mineral powder over the top helps.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Would you try a mineral foundation, like Bare Minerals? It's in powder form so would never be 'wet'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Faith wrote: »
    Would you try a mineral foundation, like Bare Minerals? It's in powder form so would never be 'wet'.

Thanks for all the replies everyone... :)

Faith, I was up town this morning and had a look around the chemists. I was talking to one of the girls in one of them and she recommended the Aimee Connolly Second Skin foundation, mineral based.
    It was €27 and I was iffy about buying it because I wasn’t expecting it to be any different from every other foundation I’ve gotten before but I bought it and went home to try it out. That’s like about 6 hours ago now since I put it on and I have to say I’m super impressed with it. First time in years that I haven’t had to apply powder to my entire face to set it. My makeup and skin looks so fresh and healthy, can’t believe the difference!
    And it’s not a bit tacky - I’m in love! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Jane Iredale skin care & make-up is a premium brand used by skin care and MUA’s. It’s particularly fab for less youthful skin types. Their skin care products are extremely good and worth the investment.

Advertisement