Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE does comic relief

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Dang that was rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Skid X wrote: »
    If I watched Normal People, I think I would have enjoyed that sketch a lot.

That's the best we can do, I suppose.

Tell you what, they've been surprisingly light on the bits where they show all the people who need your donations.

The BBC one is wall to wall starving kids and amputee-ex-servicemen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So RTÉ are hoping to get Irish people to donate to charity by highlighting a travellers charity...… that'll work alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

This might be harsh.

But there are a lot of issues in the traveler community - they need to sort out themselves.

Public not too interested in helping them to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I've never seen normal people and was watching that sketch like

p-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-danny-devito.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Is anyone completely sick with Normal People - it was mainly the millions of adds that were outrageous spoilers that did my head in.

Modern adds for anything are daft - like watching the full thing.

Yeah RTE ruined the show with its trailers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

A lump of a car outside the house there giving crap to

Clareman wrote: »
    So RTÉ are hoping to get Irish people to donate to charity by highlighting a travellers charity...… that'll work alright

Can people withdraw donations? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Have the done The Stonk yet?

To the rhythm of the honky tonk?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mrs. Clareman reckons Jennifer Zamporelli is wearing the biggest pair of Spanx in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Looptheloop30

I knew the bar was low to start with but my God this is chronic.

Dustin, Zig and Zag, Podge and Rodfe and God help me Ray Darcy should have been front of house on this. Easier to actually Segway from one thing to the next without the forced begging and "fun"

I laughed when the priest started singing. Quickly stopped once I realised they were going to sing the full thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

Remember to give to animal charities that have to pick up the pieces from the ethnic animal abusers .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Did anything ever happen after Peter Casey told Jennifer Z. that she was lying about a backstage conversation at the Late Late?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Great to see such positivity here tonight for a charity event. Christ, cheer the **** up people or change the channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Regardless of all the negativity in this thread its absolutely fantastic to see so much money being raised for a good cause.

Yeah RTE ruined the show with its trailers.

I would pause add - close eyes - shout , was a joke.

Just ruin a drama.

You couldn't be but spoiled.

Was so annoyed - I wouldn't watch it.

Haha, this is very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭floraldream

Great to see such positivity here tonight for a charity event. Christ, cheer the **** up people or change the channel.

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The Panel was a good show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ha cutting comments from Foil, Hogs and Arms lads, never a truer word spoken.

I honestly thought that Andrew Maxwell passed away a few years ago

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The Panel was funny for a few years, the arse fell out of it the last year or two of it.

Laughing my ass off here.

We only used Colin cos we got a grant
    Hahahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

PsychoPete wrote: »
    The Panel was a good show

I liked Don't Feed The Gondala's too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

These charities are enabling travelers in their entitled attitudes. They already get too much from the Govt & they contribute nothing to society

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Too many presenters and too cheesy/fakeness. As said earlier the den hosting it would have been a great idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Alena Pitiful Martian

Did anything ever happen after Peter Casey told Jennifer Z. that she was lying about a backstage conversation at the Late Late?

no hush hush of course once Peter put her back in her box...amazed how mouthy she is, went all quiet so quickly when someone pushed back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

How bad is it?

Has Rats been on?

Hogzy wrote: »
    Regardless of all the negativity in this thread its absolutely fantastic to see so much money being raised for a good cause.

What is charity for.

I'm serious.

The government has said they will match it. But it is their job to provide all these services.

We are meant to be a high taxed , social democracy with a center left weight.

Why on earth do we have 1000s of charities in Ireland, we need to get rid of them all. Ban them

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭floraldream

Thought Des Bishop was doing a Mrs. Doubtfire impression there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭timfinnegan

ktsul wrote: »
    When does the comedy start? does anyone know?

Still waiting, hope it comes on before the show finishes. Somebody should contact the misleading advertisement agency about this thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

It's not being negative. It's just being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Alena Pitiful Martian

Too many presenters and too cheesy/fakeness. As said earlier the den hosting it would have been a great idea

if this is Ireland's best in the entertainment field.....well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Just because it's 'charadee' doesn't mean it's any good. Personally, judging by the comments, I'm glad I dodged the bullet. The expected RTE aping UK efforts and failing miserably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I used to get tickets to the Panel recordings regularly

It was always better uncut

At one point it was sponsored by Smithwicks and they had gallons of free Smithwicks every night, which I horsed into.

Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Has that insufferable wagon maeve higgins been on.jesus she's about as funny as covid 19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

That was very good. O Briain, Murphy and Delamere to a lesser extent were the highlights.

Jesus, Andrew Maxwell dresses like a lad who is playing a character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It's so strange.

I can understand the lads, filling their pockets etc.

But jesus, how do adults still love boybands? It's so weird. How can you be so interested in something and never notice that they themselves have next to nothing to do with the crap songs? They don't even pick them. It's weird as all hell.

I've seen groups of grown adults taking photos of Shane Filan's house two years after he sold it.

Hogzy wrote: »

This thread is about 2% as negative as I thought it would be. Definitely one of the more positive Fri night threads!

(Possibly because the show is, if I'm honest, a good deal better than it migjt have been).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Just saw the weather bit and it was bleak , should I continue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

Skid X wrote: »
    I used to get tickets to the Panel recordings regularly

It was always better uncut

At one point it was sponsored by Smithwicks and they had gallons of free Smithwicks every night, which I horsed into.

Good times.

Careful now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

deisedevil wrote: »
    It's not being negative. It's just being honest.

If im watching something that doesn't entertain me, I change the channel. Seems stupid to me to watch something that annoys you or doesn't entertain you. Some people aren't happy unless they're moaning I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

That "The Panel" retrospective was actually ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

What is charity for.

I'm serious.

The government has said they will match it. But it is their job to provide all these services.

We are meant to be a high taxed , social democracy with a center left weight.

Why on earth do we have 1000s of charities in Ireland, we need to get rid of them all. Ban them

I agree in many ways as look at the money some CEO’s we’re making from the big charities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I just donated... swore I wouldn’t at the start but got into it .

Was the other normal people sketch on yet please?

Just saw the weather bit and it was bleak , should I continue?

Ah, do yeah.

It'll clear tomorriw, just a few scattered showers in the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

sligojoek wrote: »
    I've seen groups of grown adults taking photos of Shane Filan's house two years after he sold it.

He didn't sell it, it was taken from him.
    The gypos even tore the copper pipes out of it.
    Filan is a chancer.

Samantha Mumba.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

If im watching something that doesn't entertain me, I change the channel. Seems stupid to me to watch something that annoys you or doesn't entertain you. Some people aren't happy unless they're moaning I guess.

Picking stuff apart can be highly entertaining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

When it’s for charity you watch to support it and hope it gets better and it’s a conversation to have so few differing reasons to watch. Everyone loves a good whinge or moan shhhure

Advertisement