Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW31+ Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Don’t know what to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fairly sure I'll free hit as I've no Salah/Mane.

I can assess after that if I need to get one in till season end. This will involve a -8 as I've no wildcard left.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Might wildcard to try get back most of the team I had before this gameweek :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

touts wrote: »
    Was going to bank barring injuries. Have Leno so that's the bank option gone.

Same for me, especially as Henderson is my other keeper. Need to get one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i need to replace leno and my budget is 5.1m

i cannot afford the big hitters - would I be mad to buy arsenals reserve GK ? fixtures not that bad for a while.

what are the other options with 5.1 mil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

i cannot afford the big hitters - would I be mad to buy arsenals reserve GK ? fixtures not that bad for a while.

Arsenal are bad
    Do not buy
    There are plenty of other options in the 4.5- 5 range

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Maybe as your 2nd keeper if you are going for a cheap bench on a WC.

No way I’d have him as my number 1 keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No chance kun starts monday and Thursday so will be on watch over the weekend for replacements aubas fixtures looks so nice and I'm not ready to throw him on the list after only playing city. Kane too but imagine he will be eased back in so may look to a cheaper forward and get another premium mid

You might want to rethink that idea about Aubameyang.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

You gotta go with his holiness mr. Pope

4.9 million and his next 4 fixtures are decent clean sheet opportunities

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Think I will have to go Leno to Patricio. McCarthy kept a clean sheet at the weekend but they will meet bigger challenges than Norwich and don't think I can trust him as my only goalkeeper.

Would prefer not to waste a free transfer on changing goalkeepers but it's probably the sensible option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

macraignil wrote: »
    Think I will have to go Leno to Patricio. McCarthy kept a clean sheet at the weekend but they will meet bigger challenges than Norwich and don't think I can trust him as my only goalkeeper.

Would prefer not to waste a free transfer on changing goalkeepers but it's probably the sensible option.

You could put up with McC for the next two GWs. I don't think you'd want him for the next three after though so he's a transfer waiting to happen. (Fab could cover them three say for example or someone even cheaper could become an option)

If you don't have a Wolves defender he is poor cover with a lower ceiling at a more expensive price point and many will consider 3 Wolves for the run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Probably Lundstram to Justin

Bearing in mind i have no chips left would you
    A - Swap Boly for Doherty
    B - bank as planned.

I have a feeling Jota will be benched but want to give the double act one game just in case and I am not really sure who I would sell him for anyway...........
    Although I do have .1 to spare on Jota to Rashford and double United attack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The plan at the moment is to bank and then take a hit for GW32+.

I’m now thinking of taking a hit for:

Grealish and Auba out
    Son and DCL in

Grealish is annoying me wholesale. I think I’ve owned him for over half the season so a fresh face would be nice now.

Son has disappointed me this season too but Spurs have good fixtures and he’s their best option.

With no chips left I’m going to have to make most of these transfers count.

I’m now thinking of taking a hit for:

Grealish and Auba out
    Son and DCL in

Grealish is annoying me wholesale. I think I’ve owned him for over half the season so a fresh face would be nice now.

Son has disappointed me this season too but Spurs have good fixtures and he’s their best option.

With no chips left I’m going to have to make most of these transfers count.

Not for a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Be close to a move in price on Auba tonight and United assets the opposite way. I've WC active so won't wait around anyway.

Bruno only united asset I'll invest in.

km79 wrote: »
    Not for a hit

That’s sensible yeah I guess it’s not worth it.

Sticking to saving the transfer might be my best option.

That’s sensible yeah I guess it’s not worth it.

Sticking to saving the transfer might be my best option.

You just know auba will score if you sell him for a hit :D
    The quick turn around this week makes it easier to bank.
    I am still debating myself whether to bank (bench even with that will have Grealish away to newcastle and Charlie Taylor at home to Watford
    or
    Boly to Doherty
    or
    be a complete and utter hypocrite and sell Jota for Rashford and have double united attack!

I know I too should bank and then see how things look.

I am also looking at Son longer term . I will be selling Salah or Mane in 2 weeks . I do not have KDB though..........
    Grealish and/or Barnes will go for Sarr and someone else
    That is nearly my seaons worth of transfers so I do not know if i can justify either of those 2 moves this week

You just know auba will score if you sell him for a hit :D
    The quick turn around this week makes it easier to bank.
    I am still debating myself whether to bank (bench even with that will have Grealish away to newcastle and Charlie Taylor at home to Watford
    or
    Boly to Doherty
    or
    be a complete and utter hypocrite and sell Jota for Rashford and have double united attack!

I know I too should bank and then see how things look.

I am also looking at Son longer term . I will be selling Salah or Mane in 2 weeks . I do not have KDB though..........
    Grealish and/or Barnes will go for Sarr and someone else
    That is nearly my seaons worth of transfers so I do not know if i can justify either of those 2 moves this week

Yeah Auba is a really weird player to own. A premium striker you’re never comfortable to captain but by season’s end is always up there amongst the highest scorers.

I think banking is your best bet. Have another gameweek’s worth of data to assess and then try to capitalise with 2 frees for 32+.

Yeah Auba is a really weird player to own. A premium striker you’re never comfortable to captain but by season’s end is always up there amongst the highest scorers.

I think banking is your best bet. Have another gameweek’s worth of data to assess and then try to capitalise with 2 frees for 32+.

I am looking at it now
    United really do have unreal fixtures. But do I really believe double attack is warranted
    City after Liverpool game are the same. May have to get KDB as a blocker.
    Wolves are a team I want to keep three players from.I am not sure I have the right 3 tbh. Jiminez a cert. But Jota just does not play 90. If I sold him I could then get Traore for Grealish (stink fixtures) . But again his minutes are a worry. Coming on against a tiring defence is not a bad thing for him either though

So yeah I should probably bank!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

No chance kun starts monday and Thursday so will be on watch over the weekend for replacements aubas fixtures looks so nice and I'm not ready to throw him on the list after only playing city. Kane too but imagine he will be eased back in so may look to a cheaper forward and get another premium mid

Absolutely no closer to making a decision nothing is jumping out at me except I now have a Leno problem and I dont want grealish anymore. If klopp dropped a hint on robbo not being fit for midweek I would even consider free hitting....

Jimmy is probably the most logical choice and then assess a grealish replacement for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Is Aguero -> Kane for a hit madness?

I’d probably captain Kane if I get him. Whether Aguero starts tomorrow might be a good indicator

Green&Red wrote: »

I’d probably captain Kane if I get him. Whether Aguero starts tomorrow might be a good indicator

YES
    Kane was red rotten useless Friday night
    Archetypal post injury Kane bundling around the place. Should have been booked as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Green&Red wrote: »

Atrocious decision (no disrespect).

Kane has had such little touches every match he has played the last 18 months - Very few shots too - His price tag is wayyyy off

Absolutely no closer to making a decision nothing is jumping out at me except I now have a Leno problem and I dont want grealish anymore. If klopp dropped a hint on robbo not being fit for midweek I would even consider free hitting....

Jimmy is probably the most logical choice and then assess a grealish replacement for next week

If you do not have Jiminez stop looking elsewhere
    Get him and keep him for the rest of the season. Watch those points come in every week
    I regretted selling him a few gameweeks ago, got punished and bought him straight back. Regret not keeping in on my FH team too. Felt like I needed to justify the FH by making as many changes as possible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

If you do not have Jiminez stop looking elsewhere
    Get him and keep him for the rest of the season. Watch those points come in every week
    I regretted selling him a few gameweeks ago, got punished and bought him straight back. Regret not keeping in on my FH team too. Felt like I needed to justify the FH by making as many changes as possible :(

Yes and it's not as if he is much of a rotation risk and they have decent fixtures coming up I'm way overthinking this but will wait until after the game tomorrow regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have the Leno/Henderson problem.

Thinking of Henderson to Patricio (can't afford Leno to Patricio).

Would be double wolves defence (with Doherty), which looks like a winner for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Have the Leno/Henderson problem.

Thinking of Henderson to Patricio (can't afford Leno to Patricio).

Would be double wolves defence (with Doherty), which looks like a winner for the rest of the season.

I'm on the Double Wolves defence with the 2 above. Cracking run of fixtures, buy and set and forget.

shmeee wrote: »
    I'm on the Double Wolves defence with the 2 above. Cracking run of fixtures, buy and set and forget.

Would you use a valuable transfer(and all available funds ) this week to switch Boly to Doherty.....I would have himself and TAA starting every week (as would Boly ) and 3 other decent options in Egan Fernandes and Charlie Taylor
    I am underwhelmed by the mids of the same price as Doherty ......
    Wolves on the second half were easily the most impressive team of the weekend
    Looked like they were never away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Would you use a valuable transfer(and all available funds ) this week to switch Boly to Doherty.....I would have himself and TAA starting every week (as would Boly ) and 3 other decent options in Egan Fernandes and Charlie Taylor
    I am underwhelmed by the mids of the same price as Doherty ......
    Wolves on the second half were easily the most impressive team of the weekend
    Looked like they were never away

I would Doherty is likely the must have defender for the rest of the season (even above TAA, due to possible rotation post title win).

Assume you have three Wolves already?

Advertisement