Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW31+ Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

I would Doherty is likely the must have defender for the rest of the season (even above TAA, due to possible rotation post title win).

Assume you have three Wolves already?

Yes and Jota is really the problem I think
    Not confident he starts weds night
    And he certainly won’t finish
    The 2.6 ITB was always with an eye to upgrading him .
    I could get Rashford for example
    I would not be against having both Boly and Doherty !

I prob will stake scorpions advice and just bank and see how things look after mid week

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Trey13

Is it crazy to go without KDB for the run in? I’m about 50 points off in my leagues and everyone else has him. I reckon his gametime either side of their FA cup fixtures will be curtailed and I need to take a risk. Anyone else going without KDB?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Gone with a FH team of:

Schmeichel (BHA)

VVD (CRY)
    Robertson (CRY)
    Doherty (BOU)
    Fernandez (AVL)

Bruno Fernandes (SHU)
    Salah (CRY) (captain)
    KDB (che)
    Saint-Maximin (AVL)

Jiminez (BOU)
    Kane (WHU)

3 cheap subs who should all play just in case.

I expect Robbo and Salah to both start after missing yesterday's game - Klopp says they're fine and others will be tired. Gone with VVD as the third who doesn't get through as much running and Liverpool can't afford to rest. Just think that Mane and TAA who both got through 90 might start on the bench.

Then gone with Kane even though he looked sluggish. It's a one week punt and I had some funds to play with. WHU are always likely to concede, there's always a chance that Kane has a big game, worth the risk for a possible blank.

Team is set up nicely - I feel like only having 2 Wolves against a dire BOU team might not be the best. Was going to include Patricio in goals but then I would have had no Leicester players.

I could probably find a way to squeeze in Adama Traore in instead of Saint Maximin, but I though Maximin looked really sharp against SHU and he has a goal in his last 2 so going with the form book here.

Trey13 wrote: »
    Is it crazy to go without KDB for the run in? I’m about 50 points off in my leagues and everyone else has him. I reckon his gametime either side of their FA cup fixtures will be curtailed and I need to take a risk. Anyone else going without KDB?

I don’t have him at the moment and will not have him next week
    May switch salah for him for that gw32 fixture onwards though
    It’s a tough one
    He was outrageous the last night and is so highly owned
    But the fear of rotation is there. It’s a tricky one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Morzadec wrote: »
    Gone with a FH team of:

Schmeichel (BHA)

VVD (CRY)
    Robertson (CRY)
    Doherty (BOU)
    Fernandez (AVL)

Bruno Fernandes (SHU)
    Salah (CRY) (captain)
    KDB (che)
    Saint-Maximin (AVL)

Jiminez (BOU)
    Kane (WHU)

3 cheap subs who should all play just in case.

I expect Robbo and Salah to both start after missing yesterday's game - Klopp says they're fine and others will be tired. Gone with VVD as the third who doesn't get through as much running and Liverpool can't afford to rest. Just think that Mane and TAA who both got through 90 might start on the bench.

Then gone with Kane even though he looked sluggish. It's a one week punt and I had some funds to play with. WHU are always likely to concede, there's always a chance that Kane has a big game, worth the risk for a possible blank.

Team is set up nicely - I feel like only having 2 Wolves against a dire BOU team might not be the best. Was going to include Patricio in goals but then I would have had no Leicester players.

I could probably find a way to squeeze in Adama Traore in instead of Saint Maximin, but I though Maximin looked really sharp against SHU and he has a goal in his last 2 so going with the form book here.

Kane was really poor the other night, if I was on FH I'd probably go with Rashford or Vardy and upgrade elsewhere

• Advertisement

Kane was really poor the other night, if I was on FH I'd probably go with Rashford or Vardy and upgrade elsewhere

I agree
    Also
    Robertson was not even in the squad 24 hours ago
    Klopp also said ahead of that game himself and Salah were fine
    I think you are overthinking TAA. He will start . And he is the one to own .
    No way I’d be risking salah in as captain either .......
    And Kane. Just no. Maybe see if you can squeeze son in instead . Downgrade VVD to Boly and double up with their defence instead ? As Dr Ken suggests get Rashford instead . That’s another 2 ml
    Villa are much more defensive now . That game could well end up nil all. Would not want a Newcastle attacker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Playing free hit, my team currently:

McCarthy (Martin)
    Van Dijk TAA Lascelles Doherty (Femenia)
    Son Mane Fernandes (Guendouzi, King (Leicester))
    Rashford Jimenez Vardy

Not happy with the midfield subs obviously, but have no money to spare. Ignoring City for the moment.

Yeah interesting perspectives. I've had another tweak there, had missed United defensive assets which are prob a must against a Sheffield team struggling for goals. DDG is actually cheaper than Schmeichel

On the Liverpool players, Klopp's latest comments do def suggest Robbo and Salah are fine. Point taken on TAA though, may want gim in.

I'll give MOTD a watch i think. I feel like i have funds to take a risk on Kane and even if he looked sluggish it's Kane and it's WH and it's a one week punt so I'll find it hard to leave him out

Richarlison against Norwich is definitely another I should be considering. Norwich look awful, I thought Rich looked sharp enough yesterday, and shocked to see his tally as the 4th highest scoring mid. Not someone I'd considered much this season but he has 10 goals and 5 assists

Richarlison against Norwich is definitely another I should be considering. Norwich look awful, I thought Rich looked sharp enough yesterday, and shocked to see his tally as the 4th highest scoring mid. Not someone I'd considered much this season but he has 10 goals and 5 assists

Great shout on a few hit imo

Also agree that sheff united are quite likely not to score against Man United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Free Hit team

Pope (Ryan)

Aurier, TAA, Doherty (Lascelles, Simpson)

KDB, Salah, Richarlison, Traoré, Son

Jiminez, Rashford (Nketiah)

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Free Hit team

Pope (Ryan)

Nice !

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Free Hit team

Pope (Ryan)

Pot luck with Aurier. Another player who delivers when no-one has him. Not sure about Spurs at the back even playing West Ham. Think Soyuncu is a better player for the price for this week. Rest of the team is fine.

claw wrote: »
    Pot luck with Aurier. Another player who delivers when no-one has him. Not sure about Spurs at the back even playing West Ham. Think Soyuncu is a better player for the price for this week. Rest of the team is fine.

I was going to nit pick him too
    But
    It’s a free hit and he could be a fun player to own for one week only

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

If I use free-hit will I gain a transfer for the next GW? I have one now, so use free-hit will I have 2 freebies for the following GW?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

If I use free-hit will I gain a transfer for the next GW? I have one now, so use free-hit will I have 2 freebies for the following GW?

No you will be back to one freebie.

km79 wrote: »
    I was going to nit pick him too
    But
    It’s a free hit and he could be a fun player to own for one week only

Just scarred for life owning him for a while this season :D

Latest FH draft:

DDG

Robertson
    TAA
    Boly
    Chilwell

Richarlison
    Bruno Fernandes
    Salah (C)
    KDB

Jiminez
    Ings

Fernandez from Newcastle as first sub in case there's any nasty rotation surprises.

Ings looks sharp still and is having a great season, and Arsenal are down to the bare bones at the back, with a sub keeper playing too so seems a decent shout to round off the team. Another option is DCL up against a poor Norwich team but I've already put in Richarlison.

KDB obviously doesn't have a great fixture but not sure I can bring myself to leave him out with the tally he's racked up this season. Could take him out and play 4-3-3 with Kane or Vardy coming in for him... But seems risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Would you use a valuable transfer(and all available funds ) this week to switch Boly to Doherty.....I would have himself and TAA starting every week (as would Boly ) and 3 other decent options in Egan Fernandes and Charlie Taylor
    I am underwhelmed by the mids of the same price as Doherty ......
    Wolves on the second half were easily the most impressive team of the weekend
    Looked like they were never away

Yes, if Boly to Doherty can be done without a -4 then I'd be for it. No point baiting around the bush while the iron is hot.

Yes, the mid range Mids available are poor. I'm more than likely going to be going 5 at the back instead. Better options in the mid range defenders IMO.

3 Wolves players going forward if you can get them into a team is your base for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Current team for GW31+ would be:

Nyland
    TAA, Doherty, Enda Stevens
    KDB, Mahrez, Grealish, McGinn,
    Aguero, Auba, Jiminez

Lundstram, Saka, (Leno, Egan)

My one FT would probably be Mahrez to Richarlison/Alli. Would leave me with no Man U, one Liverpool, 3 (!) Villa, a possibly non playing Aguero and fcuking Auba!

Thinking of this FH:
    DDG (Martinez)
    TAA, Doherty, Aurier/Justin (Lascelles)
    KDB, Mane, Fernandes, Alli
    Rashford, DCL, Jimenez

2 non playing subs.

Would prefer Richarlison over Alli but do't want an Everton double up.

Any views?

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »
    Yes, if Boly to Doherty can be done without a -4 then I'd be for it. No point baiting around the bush while the iron is hot.

Yes, the mid range Mids available are poor. I'm more than likely going to be going 5 at the back instead. Better options in the mid range defenders IMO.

3 Wolves players going forward if you can get them into a team is your base for sure.

It’s for free yes
    And is under serious serious consideration
    As you say if I’m doing it I may well do it ahead of these 2 fixtures
    He would be a huge differential for me too
    Until everyone uses their second wildcard of course !

So going without Doherty on a FH would be a cardinal sin? No chance he gest rested/rotated as it's a demanding role?

Can do Doherty and DCL instead of Boly and Ings by weakening my bench (which should be fine as it's a FH).

DCL and Richarlison kind of seems Everton overkill, but then again it is Norwich..

So going without Doherty on a FH would be a cardinal sin? No chance he gest rested/rotated as it's a demanding role?

Can do Doherty and DCL instead of Boly and Ings by weakening my bench (which should be fine as it's a FH).

DCL and Richarlison kind of seems Everton overkill, but then again it is Norwich..

Norwich are absolutely AWFUL at the back . I would to that without hesitation.
    Also Ings will not start one of the next two games........

Benimar wrote: »
    Current team for GW31+ would be:

Nyland
    TAA, Doherty, Enda Stevens
    KDB, Mahrez, Grealish, McGinn,
    Aguero, Auba, Jiminez

Lundstram, Saka, (Leno, Egan)

My one FT would probably be Mahrez to Richarlison/Alli. Would leave me with no Man U, one Liverpool, 3 (!) Villa, a possibly non playing Aguero and fcuking Auba!

Thinking of this FH:
    DDG (Martinez)
    TAA, Doherty, Aurier/Justin (Lascelles)
    KDB, Mane, Fernandes, Alli
    Rashford, DCL, Jimenez

2 non playing subs.

Would prefer Richarlison over Alli but do't want an Everton double up.

Any views?
    As above I would have absolutely no hesitation doubling up on Everton. And do not forget Ricky is playing up top AND alli has not had the benefit of a game under his belt. I would be more reluctant to double up on Spurs!

Norwich are absolutely AWFUL at the back . I would to that without hesitation.
    Also Ings will not start one of the next two games........

Yeah, again looking there at DCL with 13 goals, that surprised me. Hopefully he starts after playing most of the Liverpool game...

Greenwood as first sub if not.

Looks a solid change, very happy with that back 4, all of whom I'm hopeful of a cleany but are basically all wingers in how far forward they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I'm currently top of a very tight money league and changed my whole team with the free week with a BB knowing I have a WC in hand and a FH. 2 of the closes challengers don't have WC left.

I planned on doing the WC this week and a FH in the last 2 weeks, picking players who have something to play for.

The punt this week was,

Leno
    Button, TAA,Egan, Lund, Targett
    Grealish, McGinn, Salah, KDB, Saka
    Auba, Mousset, Aguero

Did only OK. KDB and Aguero wont differentiate me from the rest tonight. I need to get away from the dead rubbers i think so the current draft of the WC is:

Pope (Button)

Doherty, TAA, Fernandez, Soyuncu (Targett)

Saint Max, Fernandes, Salah, KDB, (Traore)

Rashford, Jimenez, (Ayew)

Any other thoughts on strategy with my options or players.

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    I'm currently top of a very tight money league and changed my whole team with the free week with a BB knowing I have a WC in hand and a FH. 2 of the closes challengers don't have WC left.

I planned on doing the WC this week and a FH in the last 2 weeks, picking players who have something to play for.

The punt this week was,

Leno
    Button, TAA,Egan, Lund, Targett
    Grealish, McGinn, Salah, KDB, Saka
    Auba, Mousset, Aguero

Did only OK. KDB and Aguero wont differentiate me from the rest tonight. I need to get away from the dead rubbers i think so the current draft of the WC is:

Pope (Button)

Doherty, TAA, Fernandez, Soyuncu (Targett)

Saint Max, Fernandes, Salah, KDB, (Traore)

Rashford, Jimenez, (Ayew)

Any other thoughts on strategy with my options or players.

Very similar WC team to that. I'd get Holgate in for Targett maybe, AV look fairly poor defensively. That bench will drive you mad I feel, plenty of points could be left behind on the bench.

Very similar WC team to that. I'd get Holgate in for Targett maybe, AV look fairly poor defensively. That bench will drive you mad I feel, plenty of points could be left behind on the bench.

This season of all seasons a bench will be needed
    I don’t think he even has that much money left on the bench either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Yea i feel the same about the strength of the bench but I don't think there's much value putting an extra point or so into the first team - gives me some backup.

Good should on Holgate ty

• Advertisement

This season of all seasons a bench will be needed
    I don’t think he even has that much money left on the bench either

I dunno, I can see players being rested but coming on as subs so you wont get the benefit of those on the bench much I think

Advertisement