Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo uk

Options
  • 18-06-2020 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

This is somewhat a long post:

I sent of my daughters switch to be repaired and Nintendo UK first said I had to call them to make a payment. After calling and finding out their phone lines were down due to the virus, I had to send them another email asking how I should make payment. They came back a few days later saying that it would have to be a bank transfer and gave me their UK banking info. There was in IBAN in the account. I asked them for their IBAN and they said there was not one, so had to wait until Monday to go down to BOI and get it sorted. The lovely guy helped me and I transferred the money. Got an email tonight saying that Payment still has not been made, and also if I am in the Republic if Ireland I need to make payment to their German offices. The two times I asked them for the correct details they did not once say that I needed to pay into their German bank account. I had also sent them a screen shot of the payment being transferred to their UK bank.

My question is, what is the likely hood of me being able to stop the transfer from the UK bank? I cannot afford to lose out on the 60€ only to have to pay that again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

This is somewhat a long post:

I sent of my daughters switch to be repaired and Nintendo UK first said I had to call them to make a payment. After calling and finding out their phone lines were down due to the virus, I had to send them another email asking how I should make payment. They came back a few days later saying that it would have to be a bank transfer and gave me their UK banking info. There was in IBAN in the account. I asked them for their IBAN and they said there was not one, so had to wait until Monday to go down to BOI and get it sorted. The lovely guy helped me and I transferred the money. Got an email tonight saying that Payment still has not been made, and also if I am in the Republic if Ireland I need to make payment to their German offices. The two times I asked them for the correct details they did not once say that I needed to pay into their German bank account. I had also sent them a screen shot of the payment being transferred to their UK bank.

My question is, what is the likely hood of me being able to stop the transfer from the UK bank? I cannot afford to lose out on the 60€ only to have to pay that again.
    Hi Guestposter,

Thanks for checking this with us.

Sorry to hear of your recent situation. 

Although it may be too late to stop the transfer, you can recall this payment. 

As it was transacted in Branch and not online, I'm afraid it will require another visit to the Branch. An Advisor can assist you with this and recall the payment back to your account. 

We hope the information helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement